Romney is the next President

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]He will. When the democrats loses early voting they are finished. KC_Hokie

again, you're ignoring the fact that there is very little voting going on in most democratic portion of the country.

Democrats out vote republicans early. They aren't showing up like they did in 2008. On top of that Romney leads in early voting.

And I repeat. Democrats aren't out voting because their dealing with a f*cking hurricane.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

The fact that you don't understand what is meant when someone is talking about "free healthcare" says alot....

LostProphetFLCL
Indeed
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Anyone who feels politicians are qualified to determine what percentage over 51% government should take from one group and give to another should get their head checked.KC_Hokie

can you give me a reason why it is objectively bad?

Are you being serious?

sure.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

[QUOTE="Vuurk"]All governments are allowed to tax people for whatever percentage of their money they want.

super600

no

Unless you mean 'government' in the most general term encompassing evey institution of government and not just the executive/legislative bodies of government.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

again, you're ignoring the fact that there is very little voting going on in most democratic portion of the country.

Guybrush_3

Democrats out vote republicans early. They aren't showing up like they did in 2008. On top of that Romney leads in early voting.

And I repeat. Democrats aren't out voting because their dealing with a f*cking hurricane.

Early voting started a month ago in most states. Romney is winning in early voting. And the states that are effected by the storm are mainly liberal and will go for Obama anyways.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 dave123321
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]He will. When the democrats loses early voting they are finished. KC_Hokie

Still using history as a justification.:P

Yes....American history not Alberta Canada.

Real history
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
You know I see Republicans call Democrats "desperate" pretty much all the time. I feel like Republican guests on Fox are contractually obliged to say it at least once an appearance. But I'd like to take a moment to say: The last 4 weeks Republicans have been more desperate than a neckbeard after prom. Thank you Republicans for the free entertainment. Sucks that I've got a cold right now. Pretty sure if Obama were to win the election I'd destroy my throat from laughing too much. May happen if Romney wins anyway depending on how everyone else reacts. Either way American elections really bring the laughs.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] Since it will be any different than Obama being elected right? Vuurk

And you already know that? Who are you to say things won't be different?

Let me put it this way. The differences between a Romney or Obama presidency are incredibly marginal. Their political stances are nearly identical on all of the major issues, and only vary in a miniscule amount.

Pretty much. On foreign policy they are nearly identical. And fiscally one guy will never balance the budget (Obama) while the other guy (Romney) takes 30 years or whatever.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="Vuurk"]

Everytime I read your posts, I get the impression that you are very young. (early teens). When you say things such as, "Really, I feel like we need free general healthcare already." Who do you think will pay for the costs of medicine, doctor's salaries, hospital expenses, etc? Nothing is free. Are you suggesting that the government should just pay the costs for everyone so we don't have to worry about it? With what funds will the government use to pay for this? The only money the government has is what it has taken from taxpayers or borrowed as debt. Your logic and reasoning displays a very childish and irresponsible mentality. Vuurk

The fact that you don't understand what is meant when someone is talking about "free healthcare" says alot....

LostProphetFLCL

No. You beg about having free healthcare but who do you think is going to fund it? I don't think you have any understanding on the implications it would have on our economy and national debt by providing "free" health care to everyone in the U.S. You have a childish entitled attitude that the government should be your daddy and take care of you. You shouldn't have to pay for things such as health care. That is an incredibly childish view.

Yes it is so childish to think that my taxes should go to good use. :roll:

The fact that people feel the health of our population is NOT something worth putting our tax money towards is disturbing...

Oh wait, but lets not forget that doing so will mean people will no longer be paying for insurance so they will be saved bills there, people will no longer be drowned in debt from medical bills (unless someone gets an elective surgery they can't pay for...), oh and that healthcare costs will go down without the middleman so it will be less of a burden. Oh and won't medicare AND medicaid funding be able to go to public healthcare instead?

The government can stand to cut military funding and if taxes need to be raised a bit so be it. This would help the entire country if people would pull their heads out of their ass for a second.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Ace6301"]You know I see Republicans call Democrats "desperate" pretty much all the time. I feel like Republican guests on Fox are contractually obliged to say it at least once an appearance. But I'd like to take a moment to say: The last 4 weeks Republicans have been more desperate than a neckbeard after prom. Thank you Republicans for the free entertainment. Vuurk
Silly hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? My official position has always been "laugh at American politics because it's a huge joke" Also I'd like to thank you especially. Your complete lack of understanding when it comes to politics while insisting you're better than everyone else has been great.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="Ace6301"]You know I see Republicans call Democrats "desperate" pretty much all the time. I feel like Republican guests on Fox are contractually obliged to say it at least once an appearance. But I'd like to take a moment to say: The last 4 weeks Republicans have been more desperate than a neckbeard after prom. Thank you Republicans for the free entertainment. Ace6301
Silly hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? My official position has always been "laugh at American politics because it's a huge joke"

I don't remember you saying that back when Obama was ahead.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 dave123321
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

Vuurk
Indeed

Excuse you? Have anything to say?

Most are aware of how free healthcare would be funded. Similar nonsense is in my sig.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#218 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

National polls don't always paint a very accurate picture. Romney is surely leading in the early vote in all of the deeply red states he was likely to win in the first place, that doesn't mean he is up in battleground states that will actually win the election. That being said, Gallup's numbers have neen outliers for a while now. Reuters tells a different story about the early vote. In any case, things look close nationally, but that ignores the reality of how the electoral college is going to play out. Romney has very few combinations of states that are in play that will allow him to win the electoral college. He needs most of the swing states to break for him, and it isn't likely.

KC_Hokie

Gallup is one of the few polls that doesn't include party affiliation. Most polls are over sampling democrats by 3-4%.

And if the democrats loses early voting they lose the election. Romney is going to win the election.

Obama is up in the early voting in Iowa and Ohio. If he takes those he has 270 electoral votes. Game. Set. Match.

Let's look at the map of swing states:

crrko.jpg

Of the 36% of people in Ohio that have voted early, Obama is leading 63/36. He is currently polling at 51-47. Romney can't overcome that early voting gap. That means Obama's 247 votes almost assuredly becomes 265.

In Iowa 34% of the state has already voted, Obama is leading the early vote 68/32, and is polling at 49/47 in the state. Close for sure, but the early voting advantage likely puts the state in Obama's favor. IF I'm right here, admittedly an 'if', Obama has won the election with at least 271 votes.

Nevada is looking more solid in Obama's favor than Iowa. Which means that if Obama doesn't take Iowa, but does take Nevada, he is again at 271 electoral votes.

Obama is up 51/46 in Virginia. The numbers dipped a bit after the first debate, but they've climbed since. This would net him another 13 votes.

Obama is leading in New Hampshire which gets him another 4 votes.

Colorado, North Carolina and Florida are too close to call, but Obama has stayed competitive in those states. I'm not crazy about the electoral college, but it is clear that Romney's chances of winning are very slim when you look at how our country actually elects the president, rather than looking at Gallup.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
incoming hokie post quoting that list of evidence showing he is mistaken and reposting his original assertion like that is a valid response
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

National polls don't always paint a very accurate picture. Romney is surely leading in the early vote in all of the deeply red states he was likely to win in the first place, that doesn't mean he is up in battleground states that will actually win the election. That being said, Gallup's numbers have neen outliers for a while now. Reuters tells a different story about the early vote. In any case, things look close nationally, but that ignores the reality of how the electoral college is going to play out. Romney has very few combinations of states that are in play that will allow him to win the electoral college. He needs most of the swing states to break for him, and it isn't likely.

rragnaar

Gallup is one of the few polls that doesn't include party affiliation. Most polls are over sampling democrats by 3-4%.

And if the democrats loses early voting they lose the election. Romney is going to win the election.

Obama is up in the early voting in Iowa and Ohio. If he takes those he has 270 electoral votes. Game. Set. Match.

Of the 36% of people in Ohio that have voted early, Obama is leading 63/36. He is currently polling at 51-47. Romney can't overcome that early voting gap. That means Obama's 247 votes almost assuredly becomes 265.

In Iowa 34% of the state has already voted, Obama is leading the early vote 68/32, and is polling at 49/47 in the state. Close for sure, but the early voting advantage likely puts the state in Obama's favor. IF I'm right here, admittedly an 'if', Obama has won the election with at least 271 votes.

Nevada is looking more solid in Obama's favor than Iowa. Which means that if Obama doesn't take Iowa, but does take Nevada, he is again at 271 electoral votes.

Obama is up 51/46 in Virginia. The numbers dipped a bit after the first debate, but they've climbed since. This would net him another 13 votes.

Colorado, North Carolina and Florida are too close to call, but Obama has stayed competitive in those states. I'm not crazy about the electoral college, but it is clear that Romney's chances of winning are very slim when you look at how our country actually elects the president, rather than looking at Gallup.

Inb4

All those polls are wrong and oversample democrats they also estimate voter turnout at 2008 levels.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

rragnaar

crrko.jpg

Romney is tied or leading in every swing state. The ties will break for the challenger.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Ace6301
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Vuurk"] Silly hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? My official position has always been "laugh at American politics because it's a huge joke"

I don't remember you saying that back when Obama was ahead.

No? If you've ever read a post of mine I say I don't actually like Obama as a candidate but he's the best choice that the American people have presented. I've basically spent the last 4 years laughing at what the Republican party has become because it's funny. Obama isn't very funny. Gary Johnson isn't very funny. Ron Paul isn't very funny. Romney is hilarious and Ryan is even funnier. At this point I'm actually wondering if I want Romney to win so I can say I told you so for 4 years while laughing. Obama wins and all I get is more mediocre economy and mad Republicans that I've seen for the last 4 years.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#223 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Bookmarking this thread for next week.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Abbeten
annnnnd there it is
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Romney is tied or leading in every swing state. The ties will break for the challenger.KC_Hokie

lol you literally just ignored the facts in his post and came up with your own

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 rragnaar
That's why only listening to one pollster is dangerous. If you convince yourself that one pollster is correct, when it has consistently been an outlier, you are ignoring all of the other data that shows a different story. Admittedly I was lazy up there by only linking to PPP, but their polls are in line with the rest of the state polling that I've seen. Traditionally if one poll is showing a very different result than the other pollsters, that pollster is wrong. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that Gallup's reputation is going to be damaged heavily next week.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 KC_Hokie

Aljosa23

MK

south-park-mr-mackey-290x400.jpg

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I pity america :(

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Ace6301

Aljosa23
Meh, there will be plenty at time to laugh at either losing side when it happens. It's pretty hilarious to see Republicans acting like they've already won when the election isn't for a few more days.
Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

In his Wet Dreams he is.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 KC_Hokie
That's why only listening to one pollster is dangerous. If you convince yourself that one pollster is correct, when it has consistently been an outlier, you are ignoring all of the other data that shows a different story. Admittedly I was lazy up there by only linking to PPP, but their polls are in line with the rest of the state polling that I've seen. Traditionally if one poll is showing a very different result than the other pollsters, that pollster is wrong. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that Gallup's reputation is going to be damaged heavily next week.rragnaar
I look at Real Clear Politics which is an average of all polls and Gallup which has the largest sample, smallest margin of error and doesn't include party affiliation.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Romney is tied or leading in every swing state. The ties will break for the challenger.JML897

lol you literally just ignored the facts in his post and came up with your own

He used a single poll that includes party affiliation based on 2008 turnout.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

I have been given no reason NOT to be dismissive of the current Republican party.

They call themselves conservatives but they wouldn't know what that word meant if the definition was tattoo'd on the back of their hand....

The whole party just needs to be rebuilt. I hoped that after Bush lost that they might get their **** together but they became WAY more insane instead.

I want a Republican party who will actually be conservative when it comes to spending, not some idiots who think conservative means being the biggest asshat of a Christian you can possibly be without being a member of the WBC.

The morons want to focus on holding back peoples rights home (and yes gay marriage not being legalized is just embarassing with the amount of ignorance that is involved in keeping it that way) rather than fix our economy and our God awful healthcare system. They constantly fight AGAINST the middle and lower class yet somehow these morons out there in the general public just eat it up.

Yay more tax breaks for the rich! Yay our healthcare keeps getting more expensive while the Repubs sit there with their thumbs up their ass until of course the Dems try to do something about it then they really hop into action to completely destroy what could have been the most useful piece of legislation put forth since I have been alive.

The 5 year old behavior needs to stop in Congress as well. Just cause someone is from the other party doesn't mean you can't freaking co-operate with them. The fact that these idiots (and yes the Repubs were once again the worst in this department) put party allegiance ahead of the American people they are supposed to be helping is despicable and I feel they should all be voted out for their behavior these last few years since Obama has been in office.

The fact that people like Santorum and Ryan and even Bachman were all in the major runnings for the Republican nomination shows just how bad the party has become.

musicalmac
A couple things.

Tax breaks for people with a lot of money is not inherently a bad thing. The more we all have in our pockets after we get our paycheck, the better our economy will fair. That includes the wealthy.

That Obamacare plan (even in its original form) doesn't solve the problem the US faces with healthcare, which is, the cost. Obama's health care plan makes as much economic sense than Romney's secret plans for the economy. I am uniquely knowledgeable about this particular issue because of my health care connections.

That being said, I'm not happy with either candidate, which was further confirmed by those... *sigh*.. debates.

Tax cuts for the wealthy is one of the least stimulative fiscal policies the government could do, because the wealthy have a higher propensity to save. And not only does Obamacare make serious strides to lower the growth in health care costs but it also insures 30 million people, which is a pretty big deal. To make a false equivalency between Obama's health care plan with Romney's economic goals (that's all they are, not actual plans, and they're the same goals that Republican presidential candidates have been peddling for over a decade now), is just that, a false equivalency.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#234 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Romney is tied or leading in every swing state. The ties will break for the challenger.

KC_Hokie

Point 1: According to one or two polls. Each swing state has polls that show both candidates in the lead. So wishful thinking on your part.

Point 2:[citation needed] and wishful thinking.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 rragnaar
Romney is tied or leading in every swing state. The ties will break for the challenger.KC_Hokie
This is so far from the truth that I don't know how to respond. Obama has consistently led in Ohio, Iowa and Nevada. He has led in Virginia for a very long time, and was only behind in the aftermath of the first debate. Since then he is back up. I can see from your responses, that I've done all I can here.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Abbeten
hokie, never change
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#237 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Ace6301

Meh, there will be plenty at time to laugh at either losing side when it happens. It's pretty hilarious to see Republicans acting like they've already won when the election isn't for a few more days.

What can I say, I enjoy laughing at morons.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]That's why only listening to one pollster is dangerous. If you convince yourself that one pollster is correct, when it has consistently been an outlier, you are ignoring all of the other data that shows a different story. Admittedly I was lazy up there by only linking to PPP, but their polls are in line with the rest of the state polling that I've seen. Traditionally if one poll is showing a very different result than the other pollsters, that pollster is wrong. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that Gallup's reputation is going to be damaged heavily next week.KC_Hokie
I look at Real Clear Politics which is an average of all polls and Gallup which has the largest sample, smallest margin of error and doesn't include party affiliation.

You know that RCP leaves out polls right? And coincidentally they are almost always ones that show Obama in the lead.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 KC_Hokie

Obamas Early Voting Strategy Flops?

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Abbeten

now taking bets on the number of threads screaming about voter fraud in the event of an obama victory

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

Don;t want to turn this into a political issue, but that storm may affect the outcome of the election so I wouldn't be cheering for romney yet.

KC_Hokie

Obama already lost early voting. And the storm mainly effects liberal states.

You are declaring this election over based on that article?

1) It says 55% of the vote came in the far west (primarily Oregon and Washington) - So even if Romney is winning in early votes on West Coast, he is still not winning those states and this is meaningless in regards to those states.

2) It says 40% of the vote came in the South - ROMNEY IS WINNING IN THE SOUTH??????????????????!?!?!???1one1?!!?one?

3) These aren't even actual numbers, these are from phone conversations with people who still have landlines (ie: old people mostly) questioned on their intentions to vote early and vote for who...

-----

People need to stop relying so heavily on these polls, they rely on the calling of registered voters on land lines... That might have been ok in like 1996... It is 2012... Almost every family/household I know doesn't even have a land line anymore and every member of their family just has a cell phone... I know one household of all that I know who have a landline... My grandfather who lives alone.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 KC_Hokie

NPR: 8-point swing puts Romney in front

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]That's why only listening to one pollster is dangerous. If you convince yourself that one pollster is correct, when it has consistently been an outlier, you are ignoring all of the other data that shows a different story. Admittedly I was lazy up there by only linking to PPP, but their polls are in line with the rest of the state polling that I've seen. Traditionally if one poll is showing a very different result than the other pollsters, that pollster is wrong. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that Gallup's reputation is going to be damaged heavily next week.KC_Hokie

RCP has been right leaning for a long time. The Princeton Election Consortium and Fivethirtyeight tell a very different story. These two have been the most consistent poll aggregators of the bunch. In any case, there isn't much point in butting heads over it when we can just wait for next week and see how it all plays out.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="super600"]

Don;t want to turn this into a political issue, but that storm may affect the outcome of the election so I wouldn't be cheering for romney yet.

C2N2

Obama already lost early voting. And the storm mainly effects liberal states.

You are declaring this election over based on that article?

1) It says 55% of the vote came in the far west (primarily Oregon and Washington) - So even if Romney is winning in early votes on West Coast, he is still not winning those states and this is meaningless in regards to those states.

2) It says 40% of the vote came in the South - ROMNEY IS WINNING IN THE SOUTH??????????????????!?!?!???1one1?!!?one?

3) These aren't even actual numbers, these are from phone conversations with people who still have landlines (ie: old people mostly) questioned on their intentions to vote early and vote for who...

-----

People need to stop relying so heavily on these polls, they rely on the calling of registered voters on land lines... That might have been ok in like 1996... It is 2012... Almost every family/household I know doesn't even have a land line anymore and every member of their family just has a cell phone... I know one household of all that I know who have a landline... My grandfather who lives alone.

Romney is going to win. The democrat is toast if they lose early voting.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Abbeten
Hokie is nothing if not consistent
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Guybrush_3

From real clear politics

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Ace6301

now taking bets on the number of threads screaming about voter fraud in the event of an obama victory

Abbeten
I wouldn't doubt a few but in the event of a Romney victory I think there will be more. There's already the Ohio voter machine thing fueling conspiracy theories and if Romney wins Ohio all of those are going to explode. Basically either way this goes there's going to be hilarity whereas a few weeks ago it was a pretty boring election. I like it.
LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts
I thought he never had a chance in hell a few months ago....can't believe he is actually a real possibility now.