Pentagon seeking $400mil to buy more missile defense systems for Israel

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Why can't Israel pay for this themselves?chessmaster1989

They can't afford it, the Jewish people have historically been bad with money and savings.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Why can't Israel pay for this themselves?tenaka2

They can't afford it, the Jewish people have historically been bad with money and savings.

so why you letting them control your money?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Why can't Israel pay for this themselves?GrayF0X786

Seriously? My comment was not serious, I am also not American, I live in UK like you.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Seriously? My comment was not serious, I am also not American, I live in UK like you.

well they control our money aswell, the fvcking Queen just got a £5million pay rise, can you believe it.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] so why you letting them control your money?

GrayF0X786

well they control our money aswell, the fvcking Queen just got a £5million pay rise, can you believe it.

She deserves it, the Queen is cool.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

right, and i'm the one whos brainwashed here.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] well they control our money aswell, the fvcking Queen just got a £5million pay rise, can you believe it.

GrayF0X786

No you are not brainwashed, I think religious nutjob works better.

However I do understand your dislike for the Queen, she is after all a women with an education, in your ideal world no woman would be able to read.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

lmao

Debt of $16 trillion,and yet they give millions to others as aid.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

No you are not brainwashed, I think religious nutjob works better.

However I do understand your dislike for the Queen, she is after all a women with an education, in your ideal world no woman would be able to read.

*Yawn*

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#61 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

How can a military budget that is the next 12 countries military budget combined

themajormayor

What?

Hmm $700 billion/milliard is more than the next 12 biggest military spenders combined. I was going by 2010 data.
28s6csn.gif

Oh I think I understand. My wording was off. I just think it's silly that the USA military is still asking for money.
Or is this money that went to the military anyways?
I also don't understand why Israel is so important. So I'm ignorant when it comes to Middle East stuff. I'll read up on it.
I read up on it. So it is simply because of their strategic position. One of the 3 major stabilizers in the Middle East. I don't see the Middle East as being very stable.
There must be a better solution to all this than having endless skirmishes and oppressive puppet regimes in power. It is costing us all a ton of wealth and lifes.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Great news

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#63 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

meh , nothing to get excited over.

of course if the Americans want, they can withdraw their share of the program , and let Israel invade Gaza the next time there is rocket fire, though I assume they would complain then too (because of course , they need somebody to complain and blame their troubles on)

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 themajormayor

How can a military budget that is the next 12 countries military budget combined

KungfuKitten
What?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

KungfuKitten

What?

Hmm $700 billion/milliard is more than the next 12 biggest military spenders combined. I was going by 2010 data.

Oh I think I understand. My wording was off. I just think it's silly that the USA military is still asking for money.
I also don't understand why Israel is so important. So I'm ignorant when it comes to Middle East stuff. I'll read up on it.

well, in regards to this 400 million dollars for the iron dome missle defense system , my guess is that the US really needs to avoid any sort of flare up in the Middle East, especially given the situation in Syria, another large scale conflict between Israel and Gaza would take attention away from both Syria, and by extention , from Iran.

having this system is really the only justification for not invading Gaza and taking care of the rocket problem that way.

although given the fact that 2 rockets were launched from the Sinai hit Eilat  2 days ago, Gaza isn't the only threat here.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

At least the money will be spent on something that's effective, and that saves lives. The Israelis probably could afford it on their own though, but it's not a big deal. What is problematic is the tanks and F-16s that the U.S. sent to Egypt (I think the U.S. gov't gave Egypt the money to buy the tanks and planes from U.S. companies). I think the U.S. made that deal when Mubarak was still in charge, but the gov't should've canceled that deal when Mursi took power.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

At least the money will be spent on something that's effective, and that saves lives. The Israelis probably could afford it on their own though, but it's not a big deal. What is problematic is the tanks and F-16s that the U.S. sent to Egypt (I think the U.S. gov't gave Egypt the money to buy the tanks and planes from U.S. companies). I think the U.S. made that deal when Mubarak was still in charge, but the gov't should've canceled that deal when Mursi took power.

whipassmt
the aid to egypt helps keep them in line, especially with regards to israel
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

BossPerson

We should demand though that the pilots of the F-16s be Copts.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GrayF0X786

Is the USA a war(mongering) economy? What are they funding? A WW3?

KungfuKitten

yes, yes they are.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="whipassmt"]

whipassmt

thats a joke, right?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I see no reason for the Pentagon to work towards the reduction of missle strikes now or in the future. Instead lets give all the countries their own personal nuclear defense system.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

America gives israel 8 million dollars A DAY

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
So while Netanyahu is being ousted by people somehow more radical than himself, we decide to give them more toys?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 themajormayor

Flubbbs
And they give muslim countries roughly $60 million dollars a day.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 themajormayor
So while Netanyahu is being ousted by people somehow more radical than himselfSajo7
By who? And netanyahu is not that radical.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Have fun, taxpayers.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Darkman2007
So while Netanyahu is being ousted by people somehow more radical than himself, we decide to give them more toys?Sajo7
who would that be? Bennet? thats really about it.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"] the aid to egypt helps keep them in line, especially with regards to israel BossPerson

thats a joke, right?

No. I don't what Muslim Brotherhood members flying F-16s.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

KungfuKitten

What?

28s6csn.gif

I read up on it. So it is simply because of their strategic position. One of the 3 major stabilizers in the Middle East. I don't see the Middle East as being very stable.
There must be a better solution to all this than having endless skirmishes and oppressive puppet regimes in power. It is costing us all a ton of wealth and lifes.

Oh I thought you meant Israel has a bigger budget than the next 12 countries combined.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] We should demand though that the pilots of the F-16s be Copts.

whipassmt

thats a joke, right?

the US would be betraying its own principles. imagine if someone said "we want all fighter jet pilots in the US army to be black , or all of them have to be Hindu, because you can't trust whites or Christians" though the army is different to the Muslim Brotherhood, its pretty much accepted knowledge the army in Egypt is more or less a state within a state (literally with their own economy)
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] We should demand though that the pilots of the F-16s be Copts.

whipassmt

thats a joke, right?

Well then you are insane. And pretty racist too.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BossPerson

And the MB isn't a terrorist organization despite what most think. It's a loose organization (in the grand sense, local MB "divisions" are sometimes highly organized).

They have a wide spectrum of views 

And if you're worried about MB members with weapons, perhaps you should fear Morsi trying to bomb Israel

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BossPerson

It's also worth noting not all non-Copts are MB members

Seriously, you're a dumbass 

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Darkman2007

BossPerson
I have a feeling the brotherhood has lost alot of support in the last year or so, mainly because of the poor performance of the country's economy and security. they found out what every opposition movement or party finds out, its very easy to shout slogans in the street, its very different to actually run a country.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Darkman2007
I have a feeling the brotherhood has lost alot of support in the last year or so, mainly because of the poor performance of the country's economy and security. they found out what every opposition movement or party finds out, its very easy to shout slogans in the street, its very different to actually run a country.

yea, and i think they're reason for election was almost entirely for economic reasons, I dont think the average Egyptian voted for them just because they would be islamist
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

yea, and i think they're reason for election was almost entirely for economic reasons, I dont think the average Egyptian voted for them just because they would be islamist

I thought it was almost like a protest vote. as far as I saw things, alot of people were afraid to vote for anything remotely liberal because in some people's eyes , secluar= Mubarak.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BossPerson
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I have a feeling the brotherhood has lost alot of support in the last year or so, mainly because of the poor performance of the country's economy and security. they found out what every opposition movement or party finds out, its very easy to shout slogans in the street, its very different to actually run a country.

I thought it was almost like a protest vote. as far as I saw things, alot of people were afraid to vote for anything remotely liberal because in some people's eyes , secluar= Mubarak.

and dont forget that in the 2nd round of voting, the two choices were essentially Mubarak's (former PM iirc?) and Morsi. 2 pretty horrible choices imo
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]thats a joke, right? Darkman2007

the US would be betraying its own principles. imagine if someone said "we want all fighter jet pilots in the US army to be black , or all of them have to be Hindu, because you can't trust whites or Christians" though the army is different to the Muslim Brotherhood, its pretty much accepted knowledge the army in Egypt is more or less a state within a state (literally with their own economy)

hmm. I see your point.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]yea, and i think they're reason for election was almost entirely for economic reasons, I dont think the average Egyptian voted for them just because they would be islamist BossPerson

and dont forget that in the 2nd round of voting, the two choices were essentially Mubarak's (former PM iirc?) and Morsi. 2 pretty horrible choices imo

I like Mursi , he uses such colourful language www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXnbgsg9DM amazing zoological knowledge too
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I thought it was almost like a protest vote. as far as I saw things, alot of people were afraid to vote for anything remotely liberal because in some people's eyes , secluar= Mubarak.Darkman2007

I like Mursi , he uses such colourful language www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXnbgsg9DM amazing zoological knowledge too

then i guess abraham was a descendant of apes and pigs?

The way islamists contradict themselves is quite funny sometimes

3rzfds.jpg

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]and dont forget that in the 2nd round of voting, the two choices were essentially Mubarak's (former PM iirc?) and Morsi. 2 pretty horrible choices imoBossPerson

which would lead to Mursi also being a pig, since he is , by his own belief, a descendent of Abraham (given that he is Egyptian , he probably has just as much to do with the pharoah , but thats another matter)

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I like Mursi , he uses such colourful language www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXnbgsg9DM amazing zoological knowledge tooDarkman2007

which would lead to Mursi also being a pig, since he is , by his own belief, a descendent of Abraham (given that he is Egyptian , he probably has just as much to do with the pharoah , but thats another matter)

to be fair, he kind of looks like a pig, with his small fat head and such
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

Ok so who's gonna put sanctions on the US for weaponizing the entire world? Oh yeah I forgot only the US is allowed to put up sanctions... move along

524284_499949730054744_1034035948_n.jpg

kuraimen

could you link me to that picture i would like to share it with someone?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 whipassmt

Dr Morsi is a good guy. i like him. one of very very few good politician.SNIPER4321
I never knew he is a doctor? Is he an actual medical doctors? If so what type (cardiologist, gastroenterologist, pediatrician, etc.)?

The_Power_of_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 The_Power_of_X
Member since 2013 • 563 Posts

Then does this mean that I am entitled to one hot Israeli woman since it is my money that is being used to keep her safe?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

Ok so who's gonna put sanctions on the US for weaponizing the entire world? Oh yeah I forgot only the US is allowed to put up sanctions... move along

524284_499949730054744_1034035948_n.jpg

osirisx3

could you link me to that picture i would like to share it with someone?

Right click on it, choose view image, copy url.
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

themajormayor

And they give muslim countries roughly $60 million dollars a day.

The money given to "Muslim countries" is used to prop up anti-democratic monarchies that maintain peace treaties with Israel, typically against the wishes of those countries' people.

So, for all intents and purposes, the US gives Israel $68 million Dollars a day.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#100 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Wait...The US wants to spend money to buy a defense system for a country that makes the system? ... .. .... If anyone in the US government is reading this, I'd like a Buggatti Veyron, prefereably in blue, delivered to me here in Norway. It'd make me roll around in style.Treflis
You're doing it wrong. It's something you have to make yourself. They're not just gonna give you stuff. Watch.

I want to build a wall made of money to protect myself but it will cost you a lot. I am surrounded by muslims and other-minded people and live relatively close to key positions in the middle east.