Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#1451  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19549 Posts

@gojohango: Yeah, Tokyo Revengers is really good. I'd definitely recommend it. Have you watched the anime Erased? It has a similar plot setup, where an adult protagonist jumps back in time to his youth. But Erased and Tokyo Revengers both go in different directions, with Erased being more of a suspense thriller and Tokyo Revengers being a shounen gangster story.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1453 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58973 Posts

What a downgrade.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1454 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

I have finished watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean S1. I like it very much. It was a bit surreal to see our familiar Youtuber Yong Yea doing Enrico Pucci's English-dub, but it wasn't too bad.

Loading Video...

HighFashion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1455 HighFashion
Member since 2021 • 4 Posts

Healthy Itachi rolls Sasuke

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1457 uninspiredcup  Online

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1458 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2411 Posts

Maison Ikkoku 79/96. Show is likable, sure, but Godai keeps lying to Kyoko again and again so that the writer doesn't have to think of other ideas and continues to be such a doormat for the three other tenants. If there is a doormat in anime, it's Godai.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1459 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

I recommend Dragon Ball (especially reading the source material so you can know the actual canon for what happened *which would make you very different from the vast majority of the fanbase*). For those who have already seen it, consider the following:

This one is for the Gokeks out there (getting a free goon video before long):

Loading Video...

And this for the gent's with class:

Loading Video...

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1460 Warm_Gun

Maison Ikkoku 91/96.

Sadly, the writing has gotten worse and worse. So many misunderstandings and coincidences. I even slammed by bed and muttered "This is so stupid!" at one a few episodes ago. Just how small IS this city for Godai to be seen with one woman and then another by his small circle of friends? Maybe the show should have been shorter to avoid quite so many contrivances.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1461 uninspiredcup  Online

Agreed with this sentiment for a while, where the series peaked, everything after fan-fiction.

Loading Video...

AWP1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1462  Edited By AWP1
Member since 2022 • 11 Posts

I will keep in mind.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1464 uninspiredcup  Online

Still don't like the CGI. But the slice of life stuff and focusing on anything but Vegita and Goku (along with a time jump), looks like a fun time.

Loading Video...

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1465  Edited By MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

Part 2 is up, gents:

Loading Video...

NOTE: Justfive more to go.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1466 uninspiredcup  Online

The Granolah arc is so bad.

The Moro arc was excellent, partly because it was largely emulating the best aspects of Z, very much Cell Saga 2, but the Granolah arc, the new forms, Bardock. It's like bad fan fiction.

Onfayno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1467 Onfayno
Member since 2020 • 6 Posts

@st_monica said:

I have finished watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean S1. I like it very much. It was a bit surreal to see our familiar Youtuber Yong Yea doing Enrico Pucci's English-dub, but it wasn't too bad.

Loading Video...

I liked it :)

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1468  Edited By Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

One Punch Man is probably my favorite anime right now. It's funny, satirical, and has a surprising amount of depth. I can't wait for Season 3.

I started watching Jujutsu Kaisen not long ago and found it totally worth watching. If you're looking for something new, you should add that one to your list.

Fate Stay was OK though it doesn't seem to stand out when compared to others.

Currently, I'm watching the last season of Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin in Japan) which had a great first season, so so good second season, meh third season but came back strong with season 4.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1470 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Currently watching Tokyo Ghoul and it's pretty bad imo. I had to force myself to watch the first two seasons in hopes that it'd get better then they pull this MC lost his memory crap so now he's with the enemy. Highly overrated if people actually liked it imo.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1471 Valgaav_219

Finally went back and completed the original Dragonball. Better than DBZ by a country mile imo. I had no idea that Goku grew up and started looking normal while still in Dragonball. I may go watch GT next since I haven't seen that one either.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1472 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

I just watched the new Dragon Ball movie, Super Hero, and enjoyed it very much. The 3DCG that kept the Akira Toriyama touch was quite impressive, the story focusing on Piccolo, Gohan, and Pan was lovely, the battles were satisfying, and the humor with references to both OG and DBZ was very funny. Also, it was nice to see Piccolo recall some of the weird tricks from his OG days, haha.

Loading Video...

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1473 Valgaav_219

I've been on a sports anime kick lately. In the last few weeks I've watched Aoishi, Yawamushi Pedal, Ahiru no Sora, Major 2nd, and now I'm rewatching Eyeshield 21. May watch Ace of the Diamond next since it has 178 episodes. I need to get a life lol

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1475 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

I recently acquired Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. Pretty good so far.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1476  Edited By Jag85

Finally got around to watching and finishing Cyberpunk: Edgerunners this month...

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners - 8/10

As a Studio Trigger fan, I've wanted to watch this show for a while now, especially with all the hype. So does it live up to the hype? Well, yes and no.

On the plus side, it has interesting lead characters, the first episode starts strong and the show builds up to a great climax, and the animation and music are very well-done. It also feels like a throwback to cyberpunk classics of the '80s and '90s, like Akira, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Final Fantasy VII and Cowboy Bebop. Not to mention David looks like Kamina from Gurren Lagann.

But on the minus side, it makes a bunch of confusing references to the Cyberpunk 2077 game which I haven't played, the middle episodes felt a bit dull at times with pacing issues, and the supporting cast aren't as well-developed. Not sure if it's because I haven't played the game though.

It's a bit different to Trigger's usual style, which tends to be more colourful, bombastic and over-the-top. This show is a bit more downbeat by Trigger standards. Overall, it's still a really good show. Compared to previous Trigger anime, I enjoyed it more than Kill La Kill but not as much as Promare, and it doesn't come close to Gurren Lagann.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1477  Edited By Jag85

Summer Time Rendering - 9/10

Great suspense thriller. The story uses a checkpoint mechanic similar to Re Zero. But that's where the similarities end. While Re Zero is more of a fantasy, this is more of a supernatural mystery. It has a strong story, interesting characters, and tight pacing... so much so that I binged the whole show in just a few days! Haven't done that in a long time.

EDIT: On a side note, there's a little Final Fantasy VII reference in one of the episodes... But unfortunately, the Gen Z protagonist didn't know about FFVII because it was from before he was born. *Sigh*

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1478 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts
Loading Video...

Watched this the other day. It was OK.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1480 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:
Loading Video...

Watched this the other day. It was OK.

OMFG! I forgot about this! I think this came out back in 2004, I wanna say it came out around the time when Fooly Cooly (FLCL) was still a thing as Dead Leaves was similar to that Anime. Used to come on Sy-Fy channel too.

I need to rewatch Dead Leaves as some point.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1481 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

My wife and I just finished Trigun because she had never seen it before and we both loved it. I didn't warn her about Wolfwood and she was both upset and told me she was glad I didn't warn her.

Next up will be the the Trigun show that came out this year or which neither of us have seen as well as the movie.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1482  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

It's easy to make fun of these people and the stuff they make, but gotta admire the amount of effort they put into it. They care more about it than the folk who made Super.

Loading Video...

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1484  Edited By Warm_Gun

Finished rewatching Paranoia Agent, first time since I was a teenager forever ago. It's Satoshi Kon's best work and the relatively low scores are weird and I would have liked to see him direct for television at least one more time.

Probably partly inspired by David Lynch.