Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1401  Edited By DaVillain  Online
Member since 2014 • 56221 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

Can anyone recommend a good site or app to stream anime? I was using some kissanime.com site but there are so many ads and viruses for my computer to block I just don't trust it.

Crunchyroll & Funimation is the obvious choice to be trusted nowadays.

Edit: I did use kissanime and I often time do run into ads but I been using adblock and my PC is Windows 10 using Windows defender seems to be helping whenever I'm on that site. But still, just go to Crunchyroll & Funimation.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#1402 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@davillain- said:
@ratchetclank92 said:

Can anyone recommend a good site or app to stream anime? I was using some kissanime.com site but there are so many ads and viruses for my computer to block I just don't trust it.

Crunchyroll & Funimation is the obvious choice to be trusted nowadays.

Edit: I did use kissanime and I often time do run into ads but I been using adblock and my PC is Windows 10 using Windows defender seems to be helping whenever I'm on that site. But still, just go to Crunchyroll & Funimation.

Yeah I second this though I only use Crunchyroll. If you're not in the states, there are region restrictions on what shows you can watch, but the catalogue still has a lot to offer as it is. If you prefer a wider selection of English dubbed shows, I would go with Funimation most likely.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1404 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Loading Video...

I think with the reception Supers rushed animation and massive changes got this will probably be converted well to anime.

Although given the length it seems better suited for a series than a movie.

Lu_Bu01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1405  Edited By Lu_Bu01
Member since 2005 • 13551 Posts

Anyone watch re:zero yesterday? Also, do we still use brackets for spoilers?

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

Nope 🤔

Paul_Stevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1409 Paul_Stevens
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Definitely missing the good old 'Psycho-Pass' and Shinya Kogami's sick gun.

If you had to choose between the Death Note and this, which one would you go for?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1410 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@paul_stevens: I really like Psycho Pass. The first season at least. Haven't watched the subsequent ones and from the look of things I shouldn't.

But Death Note is probably my favorite anime so it wins automatically.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1411 uninspiredcup

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1412 uninspiredcup

Legit thought this arc was just going to be boring and end with UI, but it looks like it's getting more interesting.

A lot of it is heavily, heavily emulating the Cell Saga.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1414  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I have no idea why fansubbers encode everything in FLAC if apparently no one knows how to play surround FLAC encodes in surround sound. No one is able to tell me how it's done in MPC.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1870649

Asked like three times in the above thread.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1873753

Also asked on avsforum. Zero responses.

I can only assume all anime fans watch with headphones.

Avatar image for shuvasishgraphy
shuvasishgraphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1415 shuvasishgraphy
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

It's on my watch-list. Since we're on the topic of fate/zero, what's the proper order of watching this show?

LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1416 LoonelyTress
Member since 2017 • 119 Posts

Who else watching Jujutsu Kaisen here? Another action-based horror anime to watch. :)

anfansy1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1417 anfansy1000
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

The latest Danmachi, has anyone seen today's episode and thought perhaps it required change in the ending's soundtrack? This would have been epic: https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleFantasticWaterYouWHY

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#1419 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Just finished watching the first episode of The Promised Neverland Season 2

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1421 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Anyone wanna read my manga fanfictions? I'm currently working on 3 set in the continuities of Ghost in the Shell, Kekkaishi, and Outlaw Star.

Might do 3 more thereafter set in the Akame ga Kill, Wolf Guy, and Lupin III verses. :) Let me know so I can put a link!

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1428 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1463 Posts

I've finished watching the latest season of Attack on Titan, which was really good. It's very impressive that the show explains many of the hints dropped in the previous seasons and gives us a completely different perspective on their titan war. Can't wait for the second half.

Avatar image for charliebillsmit
charliebillsmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1430  Edited By charliebillsmit
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

Hi there, I am a die-hard fan of anima. I loved anima that much I want to make some anima on my website https://lescobill.net. Is that possible?

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#1431 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I loved the manga series happy that it's on Netflix would recommend The Way of the Househusband to anyone may feel a little short still worth watching.

liamhdagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1435 liamhdagamer
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts
Loading Video...

Guys just watched this funny anime compilation video on yt. Just thought I would share.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1437  Edited By cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

@benleslie5: the worst second season I’ve ever watched. The first one was so good!

grandporcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1438 grandporcupine
Member since 2020 • 33 Posts

@liamhdagamer said:
Loading Video...

Guys just watched this funny anime compilation video on yt. Just thought I would share.

ROFL! That girl. XD

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#1441 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

Just finished Tokyo Revengers first season... That season finale sure was something! One of the wildest cliffhangers I've ever seen. Can't wait for the second season.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1442 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2455 Posts

Watching Monster for the third time, episode 46 of 74. Even if you take issue with the main plot, there are so many episodes that are gems. Some splendid characterization with people who appear in only one episode or a few. Stories of humanity. I had forgotten after twelve years. I had almost forgotten why it's one of my favorites.

This is the Japanese DVD version, which has no English subs. Meaning I have to use external fansubs. I have criticized fansubs a lot and this is another prime example of why I dislike them in general. How dumb or weirdly obsessive do you have to be to subtitle the Czechoslovakian speech when the foreigner Grimmer is in a situation in which he doesn't understand and is scared (of the men with guns)? It's not like the Japanese viewers would understand what the men outside the room are talking about. The fansubbers have no taste for this kind of stuff.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1443 DaVillain  Online
Member since 2014 • 56221 Posts

Since Star Vision just landed on Disney+ and its anime, I'll share my thoughts here in this thread.

Star Wars Vision episodes are all pretty much good but a few are meh, such as the Band episode, it was weak but I dig the chibi Boba Fett. 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 I think we're my favorite. The first one probably being my absolute favorite. Generally speaking, it reminds me that Dark Side users are just much more interesting than Light side users but clearly that dark Samurai wannabe was more of a Dark Jedi in that regard. Star Wars Visions is clearly the answer to "What...If" in this version and it works here. I gotta admit, I find the dark side females users are far more interesting than Trilla Suduri from JFO.

Episodes like the Ninth Jedi would make a good Old Republic story and would fit in well with how the High Republic describes the ancient past.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1444 uninspiredcup

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1445  Edited By Warm_Gun

Rose of Versailles is as great as I remember. I know the French commoners must've had it worse before their revolution, but some of it reminds me of what's happening in America. Like the bottom 50 percent of Americans holding just 2 percent of the country's wealth and the top 1 percent owning more wealth than half the country. It's awesome to see how much research the mangaka did, meaning how much is accurate about Marie Antoinette and the other characters around her when you check historical articles. And it's presented in a way that's entertaining.

Of course the star of the show is not the queen, but her bodyguard, commander of the royal guards, Lady Oscar. One of my favorite female characters ever.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1448 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I need recommendations on any potential modern grindhouse anime/manga. Basically manga/anime that's like the following OVAs/series:

- Urotsukidoji

- Afro Samurai

- Black Lagoon

- Wicked City

- Wolf Guy

- Lupin III

- Crying Freeman.

Thanx

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1449 Warm_Gun

Finished Rose of Versailles again. One of my favorite parts of the tragedy (and there's a lot) is the few narrator lines at the end, telling that Fersen became a cold-hearted lord back in Sweden years after Antoinette's execution, which he in part caused by loving her and helping to incite the hate of the commoners, and being murdered by his subjects.

I forgot that a lot of what happened was even more horrific. What we do see and are told is in good taste.

It's weird how everybody just loves Oscar de Jarjayes, including the little prince. Reminds me of that two word phrase everybody started using after Star Wars VII. But she's a great character in a great show.

gojohango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1450  Edited By gojohango
Member since 2021 • 5 Posts

@Jag85:

I've been hearing about the Tokyo Revengers anime for a long time, but until now I didn't intend to watch it.

can you tell me what you think about the Tokyo Revengers anime, both in terms of the story and visuals of this anime? is this anime good to watch?