McCain takes lead over Obama in Polls

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
[QUOTE="shyskillz"]

I want change and McCain is just going to give America more of the same......so when the country's in flames, i'll have no shame because my vote wont be part of the blame.

lilburtonboy748

i hope you can never vote.

votes that rhyme count for double.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy748
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 lilburtonboy748
Member since 2007 • 2536 Posts
[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.fat_rob

obama will drive our economy into the dirt....he will put us a lot deeper into debt, not get us out of it. same for mccain.

Then what would you do differently than them? They represent top-down and bottom-up policies respectively so I guess you'd want another system completely?

i would want an entirely different system, but that won't happen. for a start, get our troops out of iraq and out of the other 130 countries we have them in. then make sure to never create another government program, and start dismanteling programs one by one. i would promise to lower the income for everyone by 10% each year until there is no income tax. i would make sure to destroy the right number of programs to equal the amount of tax revenue lost so that we don't go into debt anymore.

considering that congress still would have the power to borrow money...your plan of decreasing taxes would not prevent America from going into debt...gotta cut out the borrowing clause in order to stop the spending machine that is the American government.

if we got rid of our empire around the world and all of the programs, they wouldn't have any reason to borrow because there would be no expenses.

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lilburtonboy748
[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="shyskillz"]

I want change and McCain is just going to give America more of the same......so when the country's in flames, i'll have no shame because my vote wont be part of the blame.

-starman-

votes that rhyme count for double.

damn....

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lilburtonboy748

[QUOTE="Makemap"]How come all the smart states voted for Obama, but all the less educated states voted for Mccain. I don't think they got Internet do they?alexmurray

it the closer you live to other people the more democratic you are, its not by intelligence

urban=democrats

rural=republicans

usually.

shyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 shyskillz
Member since 2006 • 4197 Posts
[QUOTE="shyskillz"]

lilburtonboy748

lol, from the way things are looking better hope i'm not the swing vote. deep down i don't believe in the voting system anyway because so many ppl claim they didn't vote for Bush in his second term and just so happens that the deciding state was the state his cuz was in power over....hmm. and now that ppl are finally seeing how he is so buddy with McCain I have a bad feeling about the future of the country. i can hardly wait to see who his vp will be.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts
who cares? theyre both not very good candidates but I think McCain is a dangerous idiot.
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lilburtonboy748
[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="shyskillz"]

shyskillz

lol, from the way things are looking better hope i'm not the swing vote. deep down i don't believe in the voting system anyway because so many ppl claim they didn't vote for Bush in his second term and just so happens that the deciding state was the state his cuz was in power over....hmm. and now that ppl are finally seeing how he is so buddy with McCain I have a bad feeling about the future of the country. i can hardly wait to see who his vp will be.

dont worry, mccain doesnt stand a chance.

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
[QUOTE="fat_rob"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.lilburtonboy748

obama will drive our economy into the dirt....he will put us a lot deeper into debt, not get us out of it. same for mccain.

Then what would you do differently than them? They represent top-down and bottom-up policies respectively so I guess you'd want another system completely?

i would want an entirely different system, but that won't happen. for a start, get our troops out of iraq and out of the other 130 countries we have them in. then make sure to never create another government program, and start dismanteling programs one by one. i would promise to lower the income for everyone by 10% each year until there is no income tax. i would make sure to destroy the right number of programs to equal the amount of tax revenue lost so that we don't go into debt anymore.

considering that congress still would have the power to borrow money...your plan of decreasing taxes would not prevent America from going into debt...gotta cut out the borrowing clause in order to stop the spending machine that is the American government.

if we got rid of our empire around the world and all of the programs, they wouldn't have any reason to borrow because there would be no expenses.

Yeah, so all military research would just instantly stop? Intelligence? National security? :lol: come on man...the maintaining of military bases is not even close to the most expensive thing our military does...we spend billions on developing weapons, many of which never come into production. While we may remove troops from around the world, we still would have to keep our military prepared and ready to go, and that cost money.

In order to keep this nation safe, the office of Homeland security would still need it's fairly large budget, as would the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. And there are many more things that the government pays for that would still be intact if your plan only include getting rid of our military bases around the world.

Krazy_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 Krazy_duck
Member since 2006 • 2301 Posts
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

1. It's not a good thing. Abortion may not be the best solution out there, but it's not that evil. Having an abortion in the early stages of pregnancy (Don't support late term abortion unless the health of the mother is in jeopardy) is better than having the baby be born to a negligent set of parents. And just because it's banned, it doesn't mean it will stop. It will continue in a less sanitary, and a lot more dangerous setting if it were banned,

2. That was 2004. and AZ banned Same-sex marriage, the state he represents. I'm not saying he will try to make gay marriage an election year policy, but he wants to keep the "traditional" family.

3. Even a limited influence in economics, I want someone who knows what he's doing. If he has good advisors, fine. But he himself isn't very re-assuring. Especially cutting taxes in the current economic state that we are in.

Theokhoth

1. Adoption. The banning of manslaughter hasn't stopped manslaughter, but we aren't going to be opening up any murderhouses any time soon.

2. As has been stated, McCain believes these things should be up to the states, and not to the federal government.

3. I highly doubt Obama knows what he's doing. Raising taxes like Obama wants is going to put people on the street.

1. That's a pretty faulty analogy.... equating a violent and illegal action to adoption adds alot of variables

2. I agree with that.

3. Yea... because people with salaries of over 250,000 really can't afford those taxes

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lilburtonboy748
[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="fat_rob"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.fat_rob

Yeah, so all military research would just instantly stop? Intelligence? National security? :lol: come on man...the maintaining of military bases is not even close to the most expensive thing our military does...we spend billions on developing weapons, many of which never come into production. While we may remove troops from around the world, we still would have to keep our military prepared and ready to go, and that cost money.

In order to keep this nation safe, the office of Homeland security would still need it's fairly large budget, as would the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. And there are many more things that the government pays for that would still be intact if your plan only include getting rid of our military bases around the world.

intelligence would be gone, national security and research could continue. our military research is nothing compared to the iraq war and the costs of shipping soldiers to countries all over the world. our military doesn't need to be ready to go....they need to be ready to sit back and defend. if i had it my way, our military would never leave our country.

homeland security is a joke. the cia is a joke, the fbi is possibly needed but probably not, and the NSA would go. if we took our troops out of all the other countries, we would be a lot safer.for example, bin laden's main gripe with us is that we have troops in saudi arabia. national security means nothing more than having state controlled military, border security, police, and court systems.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

fat_rob

Adopting a non-interventionist foreign policy would greatly decrease the need to spend so much money on security. Other countries won't want to attack us if we stay out of them.

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lilburtonboy748
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

1. It's not a good thing. Abortion may not be the best solution out there, but it's not that evil. Having an abortion in the early stages of pregnancy (Don't support late term abortion unless the health of the mother is in jeopardy) is better than having the baby be born to a negligent set of parents. And just because it's banned, it doesn't mean it will stop. It will continue in a less sanitary, and a lot more dangerous setting if it were banned,

2. That was 2004. and AZ banned Same-sex marriage, the state he represents. I'm not saying he will try to make gay marriage an election year policy, but he wants to keep the "traditional" family.

3. Even a limited influence in economics, I want someone who knows what he's doing. If he has good advisors, fine. But he himself isn't very re-assuring. Especially cutting taxes in the current economic state that we are in.

Krazy_duck

1. Adoption. The banning of manslaughter hasn't stopped manslaughter, but we aren't going to be opening up any murderhouses any time soon.

2. As has been stated, McCain believes these things should be up to the states, and not to the federal government.

3. I highly doubt Obama knows what he's doing. Raising taxes like Obama wants is going to put people on the street.

1. That's a pretty faulty analogy.... equating a violent and illegal action to adoption adds alot of variables

2. I agree with that.

3. Yea... because people with salaries of over 250,000 really can't afford those taxes

what people can afford should have nothing to do with how much they are taxed

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#113 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
Well thats good. I don't wanna see another Carter all over again...
colonicjas2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 colonicjas2
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]but he still wont win.IF he does, what are the great spots in Canada?Engrish_Major

everywhere except quebec, vancouver ive heard has some drug problems, taxes in alberta are ridiculous compared to other parts of canada, manitoba and saskatchewan are pretty plain, lots of fields, and then toronto and ontario and eastern canada is more high density with varried environments

Vancouver has a much higher average quality of living than most of the US.

I live in Vancouver, and I just love it here, it's great!

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts

Well thats good. I don't wanna see another Carter all over again... battlefront23

I cant be bothered to disagree again

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 JurockDaRock
Member since 2008 • 326 Posts

well they dont call it the White House because of the paintSerraph105

What?

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
polls aren't any indicator over who will win since they poll so few people but i'm still a bit surprised, i figured obama would lead in the polls (even if only by a few points) up until election than hoped McCain would win.
surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 surferdude17
Member since 2003 • 599 Posts
I think McCain will win. I mean the US hates Republicans right now, yet McCAin is virtually tied with Obama. It is either no one likes Obama, or they really like McCain.