McCain takes lead over Obama in Polls

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

who cares, they're both terrible.lilburtonboy748

Yes, yes they are. However, I'd prefer the lesser of two evils win.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]but he still wont win.IF he does, what are the great spots in Canada?WINDWAKER1

everywhere except quebec, vancouver ive heard has some drug problems, taxes in alberta are ridiculous compared to other parts of canada, manitoba and saskatchewan are pretty plain, lots of fields, and then toronto and ontario and eastern canada is more high density with varried environments

we should all hook up there and lay low for 4 years together...

already live in canada :P

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]who cares, they're both terrible.Theokhoth

Agreed. That's why I'm voting for Obama.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]

Really?

Theokhoth

You're comparing public approval ratings, not policies.:| Please, give a reliable source and not some Youtube propaganda.

Public approval versus McCain's approval of Bush. If you'd watch the video you'd see. I don't say he's always approved of Bush but the closer to the election we've gotten the more and more he's started to support Bush instead of critizise him.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfngOsvmA0" title="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfngOsvmA0">Really?

inoperativeRS

You're comparing public approval ratings, not policies.:| Please, give a reliable source and not some Youtube propaganda.

Public approval versus McCain's approval of Bush. If you'd watch the video you'd see. I don't say he's always approved of Bush but the closer to the election we've gotten the more and more he's started to support Bush instead of critizise him.

I don't care how McCain *appears* to approve of Bush compared to public approval of Bush. That's rather ridiculous. "He doesn't hate Bush as much as everyone else, so he supports him!"

blacksiteninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 blacksiteninja
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts

McCain is better than Obama

but Bob Barr is better than John McCain

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Engrish_Major

I don't care how McCain *appears* to approve of Bush compared to public approval of Bush. That's rather ridiculous. "He doesn't hate Bush as much as everyone else, so he supports him!"

Theokhoth

It's the fact that the McCain of 2004 was highly critical of many of the administration's decisions and actions. He has completely changed since then, choosing to pander to the right again just for votes.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy748
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 lilburtonboy748
Member since 2007 • 2536 Posts

when the difference between the evil is so small, i don't think i would feel right with myself for choosing one. i think i'll vote for someone good instead.

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lilburtonboy748

McCain is better than Obama

but Bob Barr is better than John McCain

blacksiteninja

i'm with you.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Engrish_Major

It's the fact that the McCain of 2004 was highly critical of many of the administration's decisions and actions. He has completely changed since then, choosing to pander to the right again just for votes.

Examples? McCain has far and away been the more moderate of the two this entire campaign.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 inoperativeRS

I didn't have anything against McCain until his latest anti-Obama ads. They're not even disgusting, they're simply ridiculous.

Youtube is just as reliable as any other on-line source, just FYI. By most academic standards, at least.

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]but he still wont win.IF he does, what are the great spots in Canada?Engrish_Major

everywhere except quebec, vancouver ive heard has some drug problems, taxes in alberta are ridiculous compared to other parts of canada, manitoba and saskatchewan are pretty plain, lots of fields, and then toronto and ontario and eastern canada is more high density with varried environments

Vancouver has a much higher average quality of living than most of the US.

taxes in Alberta are the lowest in the country. no PST, only GST. but good luck finding a place to live. no houses here, it seems.

as far as McCain with "a lead", i saw a poll today that shows Obama in the lead by 3 points... so apparently these things are incredibly accurate and relevent.

the fact that Obama lost the lead should have Democrats worried. it proves that mud slinging will always be a successful ploy. it's gonna be a close one. neither side has this locked. not by a long shot.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

Examples? McCain has far and away been the more moderate of the two this entire campaign.

McCain seriously considered joining the democratic party after the G.O.P 2000 :|

Edit: Kerry even wanted McCain to run as his VP candidate. Suffice to say McCain's opinions have changed slightly over the year.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Theokhoth

I didn't have anything against McCain until his latest anti-Obama ads. They're not even disgusting, they're simply ridiculous.

Youtube is just as reliable as any other on-line source, just FYI. By most academic standards, at least.

inoperativeRS

I'm sorry, but that is ludicrous.

As for anti-Obama ads, what about the ads stating that McCain wants a thousand years of war in Iraq (literally, "thousand")?

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

inoperativeRS

McCain seriously considered joining the democratic party after the G.O.P 2000 :|

My point exactly.:|

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts
McStain is a bushbot clone just waiting to drive America the Beautiful further into the trenches of hell.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

His stance on torture, his use of campaign money (likely in violation of his own law!!!), his opinion on special-interest financing and lobbying, his view of Jerry Falwell, his view on Iraq, his stance on willing to overturn Roe v. Wade, his opinion on Bush's tax cuts, offshore drilling...

Should I go on?

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Engrish_Major

Theokhoth

How does that support your point? He was closer to the Dems viewpoints in 2000, and now panders to the right just for votes.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

And you think he's still the same man opinion-wise?

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts
[QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Franko_3"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]It's a good new. I am canadian, but I prefer McCain over Obama anyday. Obama seems a bit dangerous.Theokhoth

not as dangerous as the 2008 version of McCain.

why? what happened to McCain?

He's turning into Bush

This fad is really old. McCain has even criticised Bush. Yes, they're both white Republicans, but really, they are not the same.

john mccain more of the same

Photobucket

Photobucket

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]

Theokhoth

I'm sorry, but that is ludicrous.

As for anti-Obama ads, what about the ads stating that McCain wants a thousand years of war in Iraq (literally, "thousand")?

Clever use of the fact he hadn't given any deadline. At least it was about politics. You know, what's actually supposed to matter in an election.

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lilburtonboy748

I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.GettingTired

obama will drive our economy into the dirt....he will put us a lot deeper into debt, not get us out of it. same for mccain.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Theokhoth

His stance on torture,

You mean this one?

his use of campaign money (likely in violation of his own law!!!),

Clarify, please.

his opinion on special-interest financing and lobbying,

Clarify, please.

his view of Jerry Falwell,

He called Falwell an "agent of intolerance" and then later on rescinded his remark. How is this similar to Bush?

his view on Iraq,

He has criticised Bush's views on Iraq.

his stance on willing to overturn Roe v. Wade,

A positive one, in my opinion, shared by Bush or not.

his opinion on Bush's tax cuts,

Clarify, please.

offshore drilling...

Obama supports this, too.

Should I go on?

Engrish_Major
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Theokhoth

Clever use of the fact he hadn't given any deadline. At least it was about politics. You know, what's actually supposed to matter in an election.

inoperativeRS

The video was a woman holding a baby, saying "I don't want my baby going to a thousand years of war." It was an appeal to emotion, not politics.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 inoperativeRS

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.lilburtonboy748

obama will drive our economy into the dirt....he will put us a lot deeper into debt, not get us out of it. same for mccain.

Then what would you do differently than them? They represent top-down and bottom-up policies respectively so I guess you'd want another system completely?

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]It's a good new. I am canadian, but I prefer McCain over Obama anyday. Obama seems a bit dangerous.alexmurray

He's turning into Bush

This fad is really old. McCain has even criticised Bush. Yes, they're both white Republicans, but really, they are not the same.

Photobucket

Photobucket

by the looks of those pictures i would think that they would be in favour of gay marriage.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]It's a good new. I am canadian, but I prefer McCain over Obama anyday. Obama seems a bit dangerous.alexmurray

He's turning into Bush

Photobucket

Photobucket

I call Photoshop.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]

Theokhoth

The video was a woman holding a baby, saying "I don't want my baby going to a thousand years of war." It was an appeal to emotion, not politics.

Fair enough. Still nothing compared to McCain's IMO.

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 alexmurray

so you support obama ;)

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Theokhoth

inoperativeRS

Not exactly the same, no. Opinions change over the course of four-eight years. However I still see no good reason to call him a Bush clone, other than blind Obama fanboyism mixed with lies.

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 alexmurray
[QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Ring_of_fire"]

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]It's a good new. I am canadian, but I prefer McCain over Obama anyday. Obama seems a bit dangerous.Theokhoth

He's turning into Bush

Photobucket

Photobucket

I call Photoshop.

no its real just a bad time to take a picture

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lilburtonboy748
[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.inoperativeRS

Then what would you do differently than them? They represent top-down and bottom-up policies respectively so I guess you'd want another system completely?

i would want an entirely different system, but that won't happen. for a start, get our troops out of iraq and out of the other 130 countries we have them in. then make sure to never create another government program, and start dismanteling programs one by one. i would promise to lower the income for everyone by 10% each year until there is no income tax. i would make sure to destroy the right number of programs to equal the amount of tax revenue lost so that we don't go into debt anymore.

Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]

His stance on torture,

You mean this one?

his use of campaign money (likely in violation of his own law!!!),

Clarify, please.

his opinion on special-interest financing and lobbying,

Clarify, please.

his view of Jerry Falwell,

He called Falwell an "agent of intolerance" and then later on rescinded his remark. How is this similar to Bush?

his view on Iraq,

He has criticised Bush's views on Iraq.

his stance on willing to overturn Roe v. Wade,

A positive one, in my opinion, shared by Bush or not.

his opinion on Bush's tax cuts,

Clarify, please.

offshore drilling...

Obama supports this, too.

Should I go on?

Theokhoth

Alright Theokhoth I am going to help you out on some of those points since you apparently don't even know the candidate you support.

-He wishes to stay in Iraq and keep up Bushes war.

-I can only guess that his willingness to overturn Roe Vs. Wade (which by the way would be an incredibly STUPID thing to do in all respects and no I don't like the idea of abortion either) is one of his many new stances thats come about during this election.

-He plans on keeping Bushes tax cuts and apparently seems to be clinging on to Bushes horrible failure of an economic policy.

-If you cannot determine the difference between willing to make a compromise and ACTUAL SUPPORT of something then I am scared that you can vote. Obama DOES NOT support offshore drilling and the idiots trying to claim he does are referring to him simply saying he would be willing to go along with a bi-partisan energy compromise that would allow for some offshore drilling that would have strict oversight and there would also be more funds used to develop alternative fuels.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]

Theokhoth

Not exactly the same, no. Opinions change over the course of four-eight years. However I still see no good reason to call him a Bush clone, other than blind Obama fanboyism mixed with lies.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't use clone as that would be misleading but he's not close to as moderate as he used to be and has shown more and more support for Bush over the years (seriously, he has).

If you want to label me and Engrish as Obama fanboys, so be it. I couldn't care less TBH.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.lilburtonboy748

i would want an entirely different system, but that won't happen. for a start, get our troops out of iraq and out of the other 130 countries we have them in. then make sure to never create another government program, and start dismanteling programs one by one. i would promise to lower the income for everyone by 10% each year until there is no income tax. i would make sure to destroy the right number of programs to equal the amount of tax revenue lost so that we don't go into debt anymore.

Long live the free market eh? :P

Would possibly be the best solution, yeah.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Theokhoth

Alright Theokhoth I am going to help you out on some of those points since you apparently don't even know the candidate you support.

As long as troops are being hurt or killed. Contrast his stance with Obama's "let's get them out immediately," which is not only unreasonable at this point but also very dangerous for the troops themselves.

-I can only guess that his willingness to overturn Roe Vs. Wade (which by the way would be an incredibly STUPID thing to do in all respects and no I don't like the idea of abortion either) is one of his many new stances thats come about during this election.

Okay? I'd much, much rather Roe v. Wade overturned than PBAs re-legalised, like Obama supports.

-He plans on keeping Bushes tax cuts and apparently seems to be clinging on to Bushes horrible failure of an economic policy.

The president has little say on economic policies, so his opinion on economics today are near-irrelevant. He can affect the economy a little bit, yes, but that's why advisors exist.

-If you cannot determine the difference between willing to make a compromise and ACTUAL SUPPORT of something then I am scared that you can vote. Obama DOES NOT support offshore drilling and the idiots trying to claim he does are referring to him simply saying he would be willing to go along with a bi-partisan energy compromise that would allow for some offshore drilling that would have strict oversight and there would also be more funds used to develop alternative fuels.

All right, then.

Thechaninator
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Theokhoth

Then we'll have to agree to disagree.

inoperativeRS

That's how it's all going to have to be. I gotta go now.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 inoperativeRS
Obama does not support "getting them out immediately", he supports a phased, 16 months withdrawal.
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
:lol: Summer Polls...anyway, if Obama stops being a lil' punk and goes on the attack he should be able to reverse his slide in the polls recently.
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"]

As long as troops are being hurt or killed. Contrast his stance with Obama's "let's get them out immediately," which is not only unreasonable at this point but also very dangerous for the troops themselves.

Okay? I'd much, much rather Roe v. Wade overturned than PBAs re-legalised, like Obama supports.

The president has little say on economic policies, so his opinion on economics today are near-irrelevant. He can affect the economy a little bit, yes, but that's why advisors exist.

All right, then.

Theokhoth

-Getting our troops out will keep MORE of them from being killed and also relieve a huge strain on our national budget. Ever hear about the economic experts calling the war the #1 contributor to the deterioration of our economy?

-Do you honestly think he will be able to get PBA's legalized if he actually tries? He has congress against him there.

-He can effect the economy ALOT by doing certain things, such as I don't know cutting taxes and fighting wars which both cripple our government and our economy.

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 fat_rob
Obama does not support "getting them out immediately", he supports a phased, 16 months withdrawal.inoperativeRS
So does McCain :lol: McFLOP
shyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 shyskillz
Member since 2006 • 4197 Posts

I want change and McCain is just going to give America more of the same......so when the country's in flames, i'll have no shame because my vote wont be part of the blame.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 inoperativeRS

[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]Obama does not support "getting them out immediately", he supports a phased, 16 months withdrawal.fat_rob
So does McCain :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRGl7UjSL_U

Yup :P

Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts
How come all the smart states voted for Obama, but all the less educated states voted for Mccain. I don't think they got Internet do they?
lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lilburtonboy748
[QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I just don't understand it. Why do people support yet another Republican after showing such dissapproval for the Bush administration, and one who's rather similar to Bush? People are complaining about the economy, yet if I recall correctly, with the last 5 presidents, only democrats actually lowered the debt whereas republicans increased it.inoperativeRS

Long live the free market eh? :P

Would possibly be the best solution, yeah.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhm

lilburtonboy748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lilburtonboy748

I want change and McCain is just going to give America more of the same......so when the country's in flames, i'll have no shame because my vote wont be part of the blame.

shyskillz

i hope you can never vote.

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 fat_rob
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="lilburtonboy748"]

considering that congress still would have the power to borrow money...your plan of decreasing taxes would not prevent America from going into debt...gotta cut out the borrowing clause in order to stop the spending machine that is the American government.
alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 alexmurray

How come all the smart states voted for Obama, but all the less educated states voted for Mccain. I don't think they got Internet do they?Makemap

it the closer you live to other people the more democratic you are, its not by intelligence