Man charged with murder after tricking girlfriend into taking abortion drug

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Right, I'm the thick headed one :roll:

turtlethetaffer

Well, you keep repeating yourself and it seems pretty clear that you don't understand the decision in Roe v Wade.

The law instantly decides what's right, does it? Talk to the numerous users on this site that want pot legalized.

What I was trying to suggest was a way for both men and women to have "equal" say in the matter, even though it's not really equal. The woman still has the ultimate decision, but the man doesn't need to pay support for the child if he doesn't even want it in the first place. What's so wrong about that?

Decides what's right?  No, it decides what's legal.

Bolded:  You're doing it again, you're like a fvcking parrot. 

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#202 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] Well, you keep repeating yourself and it seems pretty clear that you don't understand the decision in Roe v Wade. HoolaHoopMan

The law instantly decides what's right, does it? Talk to the numerous users on this site that want pot legalized.

What I was trying to suggest was a way for both men and women to have "equal" say in the matter, even though it's not really equal. The woman still has the ultimate decision, but the man doesn't need to pay support for the child if he doesn't even want it in the first place. What's so wrong about that?

Decides what's right?  No, it decides what legal.

Bolded:  You're doing it again, you're like a fvcking parrot. 

And basically all you've used against me is Roe V. Wade. Which was a legal matter.

I'm talking about somehting purely hypothetical. A way for both sexes to have equal say. And all you're using is a court case?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 HoolaHoopMan

And basically all you've used against me is Roe V. Wade. Which was a legal matter.

I'm talking about somehting purely hypothetical. A way for both sexes to have equal say. And all you're using is a court case?

turtlethetaffer

Yes, I'm using a supreme court case to answer your question as to why the men have no LEGAL say in an abortion.   LEGAL, LAW, SUPREME COURT.  Do you not understand how these 3 things are important in this case? 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 turtlethetaffer

HoolaHoopMan

Yes, I'm using a supreme court case to answer your question as to why the men have no LEGAL say in an abortion.   LEGAL, LAW, SUPREME COURT.  Do you not understand how these 3 things are important in this case? 

Me asking why women have more say then men was more of a philisophical/ discussion question, not a literal one.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

turtlethetaffer

Um... I never asked why men don't have a legal say? I was simply suggesting a hypothetical alternative. Nothing more.

and I gave you an answer based on a legal narrative. Seems like you simply don't like the answer.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

HoolaHoopMan

Um... I never asked why men don't have a legal say? I was simply suggesting a hypothetical alternative. Nothing more.

and I gave you an answer based on a legal narrative. Seems like you simply don't like the answer.

Edited my previous response.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#207 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

The charge of murder is probably just something the prosecution is adding on in hopes for a plea bargain.

However for the question on if he should be charged with murder, I am not sure. While I don't agree with abortion, I do support the woman's right of choice (within reason). If the woman wanted the baby I kind of think it should be murder.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Why didn't he just punch her in the stomach?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] So someone that is asleep is not a human?whipassmt

*brain function

What about someone with a mental disability or brain damaged or comatose?

not a person.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#211 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Freaking idiot. I agree with the charge.
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

[QUOTE="xdude85"]

So it was basically an abortion yet they're calling it murder? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Sword-Demon

an abortion without the consent of the mother is definitely illegal. (unless the mother's life is in danger)

idk if it can be considered murder though.

well thats the tricky thing because if the girlfriend didnt know what was in the drink maybe they could deem it murder i have no idea. dont get me wrong im all for a womans right to choose in the abortion debate but the big red flag is the bf forging his own fathers name wich in itself is a crime so if they dont get him for the abortion thing they will on forgery
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

If the woman aborted it without the consent of the guy it wouldn't be murder. :P tagyhag

Thread winner

You can't charge this guy with murder when women do this literally by the hundreds of thousands every day legally. 

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

I fail to see how this is murder, though that may be because it isn't murder.

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ThaneKrios28

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="ultimate-k"]

What a load of BS, murder? murder? GTFO of here, ye he did wrong but charging him for murder is pathetic. Its was a god dam fetus, not a alive, and women have abortions all the time without telling their partner's but its not murder then? Pure BS

ultimate-k

You seem to be very confused. Killing an unborn fetus most certainly is murder in many cases. Do a little research.

But the law says a fetus is not a person, you should do a little research. An if the law says the man should be charged with murder, then the law  needs to change.

actually that depends on the state. just because some may have that dosent mean its country wide dude...................
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 ThaneKrios28

The__Kraken
i think the term murder in this case is simply giving a spiked drink to a pregnant woman without her knowledge. again im not a lawmaker/lawyer but even you have to admit what the guy did was pre determined.
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

[QUOTE="The__Kraken"]

ThaneKrios28

i think the term murder in this case is simply giving a spiked drink to a pregnant woman without her knowledge. again im not a lawmaker/lawyer but even you have to admit what the guy did was pre determined.

Was what he did premeditated? Yes. Horrible? Yes. Illegal? I believe so. But murder? That's where things get fuzzy. And it sure does not help that American law is rather convoluted.

I'd say that you'd have to completely alter the meaning of words as well as the law in order for what happened to be considered, legally speaking, murder. But, like you, I'm no lawmaker.

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 ThaneKrios28

[QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"][QUOTE="The__Kraken"]

The__Kraken

Was what he did premeditated? Yes. Horrible? Yes. Illegal? I believe so. But murder? That's where things get fuzzy. And it sure does not help that American law is rather convoluted.

I'd say that you'd have to completely alter the meaning of words as well as the law in order for what happened to be, legally speaking, murder. But, like you, I'm no lawmaker.

yea i have no idea either. i guess it just depends on the state law in the end
Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

The Unites States governemnt doesn't consider a fetus a living person..........SO IT ISN'T UNDER LAW NOW STFU ABOUT IT

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#223 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
I know some pro-choice people don't agree with the man being charged with murder because it goes contrary to the idea that abortion isn't murder and the right of a woman. However, if you look at the law different circumstances can change the legal penalty of an action, if there is any penalty at all.

I mentioned earlier that Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering his unborn child when he killed his pregnant wife. As far as I know his lawyers haven't been able to sucessfully get his murder charge overturned over the fact that he could claim it was an abortion.

Fact of the matter is Roe vs Wade only says the woman has the right to abort the fetus, not some third party against her consent. This is why prosecutors believe they have a case against the man and prosecutors in the Ariel Castro case believe they may have a case in charging him with murder for forcing one of his victims to have multiple miscarriages through deliberate abuse.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Most likely it will go down to Volunary Manslaughter, because he intended to do harm that would take a life. However, since there clearly was premeditation, murder is possible. Could be a landmark case. Regardless, he took a life and needs to do some serious time.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#225 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
he should use the defense the Catholic hospital used in its malpractice fetus death case by stating the fetus isn't a person... I mean if the Catholic church can get away with that then surely he can
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ThaneKrios28
I know some pro-choice people don't agree with the man being charged with murder because it goes contrary to the idea that abortion isn't murder and the right of a woman. However, if you look at the law different circumstances can change the legal penalty of an action, if there is any penalty at all.

I mentioned earlier that Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering his unborn child when he killed his pregnant wife. As far as I know his lawyers haven't been able to sucessfully get his murder charge overturned over the fact that he could claim it was an abortion.

Fact of the matter is Roe vs Wade only says the woman has the right to abort the fetus, not some third party against her consent. This is why prosecutors believe they have a case against the man and prosecutors in the Ariel Castro case believe they may have a case in charging him with murder for forcing one of his victims to have multiple miscarriages through deliberate abuse.ad1x2
um im pro choice but what this guy did isnt what we should label a legitiment abortion.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

Here's the thing... If a man doesn't want a kid, he should have that right. Now, I am NOT saying that the man should be able to make the woman have an abortion because I know it's much different for the woman. However, how is it right that if a man doesn't want a kid but the woman does, the man needs to be partially repsonsible for it, but if a woman doesn't want a kid and the man does, he has literally no say in the matter?

HoolaHoopMan

Men do have the right to not have a kid, its called not having sex.  

If a man consents to sex with a woman he's also consenting to helping raise the child by AT THE MINIMUM supporting it financially.  Men aren't given a 'choice' in these situations since its not his body.  If couples had children gestate in some 'outside' ovum then yea he'd have an equal say, but alas we don't live in a world like that. 

I like how you basically taken all responsibility from a woman. Its not like the woman has no say in the choice to procreate. Sex is 50/50 decision, having a child should also be 50/50, half of the genes come from the father and the other half from the mother, it makes perfect sense. It is the woman who gets to carry the child, yes, but if women ever want equality, it has to be equality, not extra privileges as feminism would preach.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 ad1x2

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]I know some pro-choice people don't agree with the man being charged with murder because it goes contrary to the idea that abortion isn't murder and the right of a woman. However, if you look at the law different circumstances can change the legal penalty of an action, if there is any penalty at all.

Fact of the matter is Roe vs Wade only says the woman has the right to abort the fetus, not some third party against her consent. This is why prosecutors believe they have a case against the man and prosecutors in the Ariel Castro case believe they may have a case in charging him with murder for forcing one of his victims to have multiple miscarriages through deliberate abuse.ThaneKrios28

um im pro choice but what this guy did isnt what we should label a legitiment abortion.

Maybe not, but there are plenty of people who are saying the man shouldn't be charged with murder simply because of the fact that if the woman got an abortion of her own free will it would have been legal. The law says otherwise, or the prosecutor wouldn't try to go for a murder charge he obviously wouldn't be able to make stick.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

The charge is completely accurate, but inconsistent. If he's charged for murder, why is abortion legal?

Oh, and: 180movie.com
God bless,
Crushmaster. 

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 ad1x2

The charge is completely accurate, but inconsistent. If he's charged for murder, why is abortion legal?

Crushmaster
Roe Vs Wade says a woman has a right to get an abortion of her own free will. Doesn't say anything about someone else doing it for her without her consent, otherwise prosecutors wouldn't have charged people in the past for murder twice when they killed a pregnant woman.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

Roe Vs Wade says a woman has a right to get an abortion of her own free will. Doesn't say anything about someone else doing it for her without her consent, otherwise prosecutors wouldn't have charged people in the past for murder twice when they killed a pregnant woman.ad1x2

Regarding your "Otherwise", that's my point. Murder only applies to human beings, so if that child could be killed legally at that age with the mother's consent and it would not be murder, then we've got an inconsistency. It's either human at that age or it's not - period.
God bless,
Crushmaster. 

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="ad1x2"] Roe Vs Wade says a woman has a right to get an abortion of her own free will. Doesn't say anything about someone else doing it for her without her consent, otherwise prosecutors wouldn't have charged people in the past for murder twice when they killed a pregnant woman.Crushmaster

Regarding your "Otherwise", that's my point. Murder only applies to human beings, so if that child could be killed legally at that age with the mother's consent and it would not be murder, then we've got an inconsistency. It's either human at that age or it's not - period.
God bless,
Crushmaster. 

I agree with you here. Not murder in either case.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 ad1x2

[QUOTE="ad1x2"] Roe Vs Wade says a woman has a right to get an abortion of her own free will. Doesn't say anything about someone else doing it for her without her consent, otherwise prosecutors wouldn't have charged people in the past for murder twice when they killed a pregnant woman.Crushmaster

God bless,
Crushmaster. 

If you don't agree with it then you need to write your Congressman.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Sweet double standards

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]If the woman aborted it without the consent of the guy it wouldn't be murder. :P VendettaRed07

Thread winner

You can't charge this guy with murder when women do this literally by the hundreds of thousands every day legally. 

Wtf? He poisoned..... her .... and killed her baby. are you guys really that far up the special tree?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

So it was basically an abortion yet they're calling it murder? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

xdude85

(didn't read it lol but...) if someone tricks you into having an abortion I would consider that murder.  

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it.