Man charged with murder after tricking girlfriend into taking abortion drug

This topic is locked from further discussion.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

an unborn baby that doesnt even know what 2+2 that needs to be sacrificed to fix a paraplegic college professor's spine = worthJustSignedUp

I bet you thought you were being really clever with that one.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I fully agree with the charge. I hope he fries.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]an unborn baby that doesnt even know what 2+2 that needs to be sacrificed to fix a paraplegic college professor's spine = worthJustSignedUp

I bet you thought you were being really clever with that one.

i bet you thought you were gonna make me mad by saying that

Nope.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
He should either be charged with assault, or maybe even sexual assault. Murder is a bunch of nonsense.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
He killed his own child.. unborn.. just sad anyone can do that.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Yes I think the murder charge is appropriate.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

It will be interesting to see how far this goes. This is far from the first time in the US somebody was charged with murder for killing a unborn child outside of a abortion clinic.

Ariel Castro's prosecutors say they intend to charge him for beating and starving one of his victims to force miscarriages, Scott Peterson was convicted of two counts of murder because he was also charged with killing his wife's unborn child, and Bei Bei Shuai was charged with murder for a failed suicide attempt that ended up killing her unborn child (although she was eight months pregnant at the time, well past the legal cutoff for an abortion).

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
roflyellosnolvr
+1 :lol:
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
yeah I have trouble with the murder charge. Guy is a scumbag, agreed, but it seems like going with "murder" (under the legal definition) is a bit tricky considering it wouldn't be murder legally if she aborted the baby herself. A decent lawyer should definitely to able to beat this. MrPraline
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"] i bet you thought you were gonna make me mad by saying thatJustSignedUp

Nope.

i just wrote it to get a quote, and u quoted it suckerrrrrrrrr

You didn't know that until your second quote.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
You cannot murder a fetus because a fetus is not a person. What he did was still a violation of the woman's body and he should be charged with property damage or perhaps rape.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I'm fine with that charge.  

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]an unborn baby that doesnt even know what 2+2 that needs to be sacrificed to fix a paraplegic college professor's spine = worthJustSignedUp

what does this have to do with the issue?

all this guy did was abort a baby, the most he should get charged with is public mischief

your comment was not related to the topic

_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

Wouldn't that just be "manslaughter" instead of "murder" ?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#69 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

_R34LiTY_

I thought manslaughter is when you kill someone accidentally. Welden killed the fetus deliberately according to the indictment.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 whipassmt

[QUOTE="_R34LiTY_"]

whipassmt

I thought manslaughter is when you kill someone accidentally. Welden killed the fetus deliberately according to the indictment.

actually I was wrong about what I said with regards to it being an accident. Still I don't think what he did is considered manslaughter, murder is more accurate.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts

_R34LiTY_
Not really..... If it is agreed upon a killing occurred, then it is murder. The killing was planned and with malicious intent.
Avatar image for deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
Member since 2004 • 4706 Posts

If they can prove premeditation and malicious intent, then yes it's First Degree Murder.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

A murder charge is ridiculous. To even consider a murder charge is more ridiculous.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#74 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="xdude85"]

So it was basically an abortion yet they're calling it murder? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Aljosa23

Yeah that's essentially it. The guy is still a scumbag but murder seems a bit harsh. I'm not sure how one can be pro abortion but agree with the charge.

Because the woman never consented it
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

He should be charged with murder.  Unless he was raped then he consented to getting her pregnant and should take responsibility (I guess you could say he did, in a way).

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
If the mother wants it, it's murder. If the mother doesn't want it, it's abortion.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lightleggy
You cannot murder a fetus because a fetus is not a person. What he did was still a violation of the woman's body and he should be charged with property damage or perhaps rape.Laihendi
Here we go again...Welcome to united states of Laihendi where babies are not living human beings but mere property and where you can overcome serious mental conditions by "rational thinking". Also rape wth? Rape is a sexual assault against a person's wishes...how is giving someone a pill a "sexual assault"?
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#78 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I always hate abortion. It's so weird and tricky; I personally don't consider a fetus to be a human being but it does technically contain the necessary characteristics of being a human and therefore if you do kill it you are, I guess, maybe, killing a human being. It's so weird and the justice side of thing is so double sided with both sides making good points about the act.

Either way, though; dude's still a f*cking jackass.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

I always hate abortion. It's so weird and tricky; I personally don't consider a fetus to be a human being but it does technically contain the necessary characteristics of being a human and therefore if you do kill it you are, I guess, maybe, killing a human being. It's so weird and the justice side of thing is so double sided with both sides making good points about the act.

Goyoshi12
Potentiality doesn't make something as it is. Whatever it is, it is. A fetus is exactly that, it's a fetus. A human being is only defined as such after further development.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]You cannot murder a fetus because a fetus is not a person. What he did was still a violation of the woman's body and he should be charged with property damage or perhaps rape.lightleggy
Here we go again...Welcome to united states of Laihendi where babies are not living human beings but mere property and where you can overcome serious mental conditions by "rational thinking". Also rape wth? Rape is a sexual assault against a person's wishes...how is giving someone a pill a "sexual assault"?

The idea that fetuses are not people has been the mainstream pro-choice position for years and years.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
I can see this maybe being murder if the fetus was viable. The article doesn't mention how far along in the pregnancy it was, though.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]You cannot murder a fetus because a fetus is not a person. What he did was still a violation of the woman's body and he should be charged with property damage or perhaps rape.Rhazakna

The idea that fetuses are not people has been the mainstream pro-choice position for years and years.

No you see, Laihendi actually believes that they are nothing but property, and not just fetuses but babies, live babies, he claims that you dont become a human being until you are like 10 years old, and that before of that you are just a piece of property and an "extension" of a woman's body so that you are just her belonging, like a shirt or something
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] Here we go again...Welcome to united states of Laihendi where babies are not living human beings but mere property and where you can overcome serious mental conditions by "rational thinking". Also rape wth? Rape is a sexual assault against a person's wishes...how is giving someone a pill a "sexual assault"?

No you see, Laihendi actually believes that they are nothing but property, and not just fetuses but babies, live babies, he claims that you dont become a human being until you are like 10 years old, and that before of that you are just a piece of property and an "extension" of a woman's body so that you are just her belonging, like a shirt or something

I'm aware of all that, but all he said ITT was that a fetus isn't a person. That's been the mainstream pro-choice position for a long time.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lightleggy
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] The idea that fetuses are not people has been the mainstream pro-choice position for years and years.

I'm aware of all that, but all he said ITT was that a fetus isn't a person. That's been the mainstream pro-choice position for a long time.

Uhm...no, read his post again, he said that the guy should be charged with "property damage" in other words that what the guy did is comparable to breaking your neighbor's window or puncturing the tires of his car....he IS claiming again that fetuses are just commodities and "extension's of a women's body" and that they should be treated as mere merchandise or property.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Better than a kid being born that wasn't wanted by his father in the first place.  

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Men should be allowed to decide childs fate if they are the father

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

If he's guilty I have no problems with convicting him of murder.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#89 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

lol

^This was my initial reaction when entering this thread and reading the OP...but...

tumblr_mjmeot6Wbv1rqf5p6o2_400.gif

Just....

worf-startrek-facepalm.gif

the_bi99man

This became by reaction after reading through many of the posts in the thread...

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

I guess he should have made it clear that he does not want the baby, and if the girl insists in having it, then she can not expect him to be any part of it and left it at that.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Definitely murder IMO, may be not as serious as other forms of murder but it is still murder. he intended to kill the baby and had no right to.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

Definitely murder IMO, may be not as serious as other forms of murder but it is still murder. he intended to kill the baby and had no right to.

PcGamingRig
What if she would have done an abortion without his consent, would that be murder as well?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

is that murder?

whipassmt

Depends on where you're from. I know it isn't in the UK.

what crime would that be considered in the UK?

Let's put it this way. He sliped her a drug with the intention of causing harm to her. There was no murder comited but there was harm done. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Ok. I don't see the problem. It's not his choice to make....
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Ok. I don't see the problem. It's not his choice to make....LJS9502_basic
The problem is that they charged him with murder. Obviously he deserves punishment but charging him with murder is simply wrong. 

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 whipassmt

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

chrisrooR

Potentiality doesn't make something as it is. Whatever it is, it is. A fetus is exactly that, it's a fetus. A human being is only defined as such after further development.

A human fetus is a human fetus. So it is human.