Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Why are police so bad in these kinds of engagements? I know for a fact that the police have other means of arsenal besides guns. Even if he was attacking the police (which I highly doubt...6 shots in the back), using a gun should be a last resort in that kind of situation.

even if they had to use their gun, a shot to the leg would have put the guy down.

Police aren't allowed to do that. If they point a gun at you, they are going to shoot to kill. If they aren't intending to use lethal force, they aren't going to use lethal weapons.

The issue of police using excessive force is a very real issue, as recent events have highlighted. But this is just as much of a fallacy.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@evildead6789 said:

@PSP107 said:

@evildead6789: I can go into a city or any place here in europe swinging a real sword or whatever as a madman.

I can assure you I won't get shot for exactly the reasons i gave you before.

They would simply taze me

Are you black?

@thegerg

Getting shot in the legs sounds less gruesome than getting 6 times in the back. I also thought cops were trained to shot low to slow down a person,

I can go into a city or any place here in europe even if I'm black, white, yellow, red, green or pink swinging a real sword or whatever as a madman.

I can assure you I won't get shot for exactly the reasons i gave you before.

They would simply taze me

I can promise you 100% that no you cannot go into any city or place swinging a real katana and then refuse to stop when the cops come and not be shot. well perhaps in sweden and norway, they have a more relaxed police force up there.

Not to mention that most european countries aren´t allowed to use tasers because its to inhuman (but its not inhuman to use guns)

you don't know europe then, they don't go shooting like that. A cop that fires a gun here has a lot of explaining to do

Of course if you talk about the uk that's another matter, they tend to be more strict than the rest of europe.

They're not really a part of europe like the rest as well, they don't even use the euro.

I assume you are from europe, so you need to read more or you just dont know your own region.

And yes UK has one of the rare policeforces where a majority is not carying guns. but even they had to open fire 18 times in 2012 and who doesn't know about the Mark Duggan case

So sorry but try again.

Why would I need to read more, I think it's you that need to read more.

The uk may not be carrying guns but their laws are still more radical than the rest of europe.

The uk didn't sign the european constitution as well

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#105 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@medafaded: yup, what's the point of a tazer if they're just going to shoot people

The point of a TASER is to expand the non-lethal capabilities of users, not to replace lethal force.

It's suppose to be used not to kill people and pacify them...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 The_Last_Ride

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@medafaded: yup, what's the point of a tazer if they're just going to shoot people

The point of a TASER is to expand the non-lethal capabilities of users, not to replace lethal force.

Yes, but it's not to replace lethal force.

No, because it doesn't seem that some of your officers want that

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Why are police so bad in these kinds of engagements? I know for a fact that the police have other means of arsenal besides guns. Even if he was attacking the police (which I highly doubt...6 shots in the back), using a gun should be a last resort in that kind of situation.

even if they had to use their gun, a shot to the leg would have put the guy down.

Police aren't allowed to do that. If they point a gun at you, they are going to shoot to kill. If they aren't intending to use lethal force, they aren't going to use lethal weapons.

The issue of police using excessive force is a very real issue, as recent events have highlighted. But this is just as much of a fallacy.

First of all that's bullshit, I've had border partrol pull a gun on me for just having my hands in my pocket when I was out with a couple of friends at night, no provocation. Did they fire? of course not. Should they have pulled a gun on me either? **** no.

Perhaps police just need better training, the job shouldn't have any parallels with the Military unless the situation requires it, IE hostages or a seriously dangerous threat. It's to serve and protect. Not kill at the slightest provocation.

Hell I've seen more restraint from the military when it comes to dealing with civilians.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

I'm not really a fan of one sided facts.....

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#112  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@Jacanuk said:

I assume you are from europe, so you need to read more or you just dont know your own region.

And yes UK has one of the rare policeforces where a majority is not carying guns. but even they had to open fire 18 times in 2012 and who doesn't know about the Mark Duggan case

So sorry but try again.

Why would I need to read more, I think it's you that need to read more.

The uk may not be carrying guns but their laws are still more radical than the rest of europe.

The uk didn't sign the european constitution as well

Why you need to read more? well to educate yourself of course.

Because its not that hard to find the exact same thing as this Hunt case in almost every single european city because the fact is that as long as we have human beings as cops, we will have judgments that for a layman might seem wrong. Like this not to mention that the only reason this ever became more than just a number in a statistic is for the reason why some people are claiming he got shot, and thats the colour of his skin.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@thegerg said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Perhaps police just need better training, the job shouldn't have any parallels with the Military, It's to serve and protect. Not kill at the slightest provocation.

Hell I've seen more restraint from the military when it comes to dealing with civilians.

Better training in what? When deadly force is justified it only makes sense to use that force in the manner in which it will be most effective. When it comes to shooting a gun to stop a threat, the most effective point of aim is center mass. Police training reflects that.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jacanuk

@thegerg said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

nothing is more of a threat to a man with a gun than a guy 300 feet away with a knife.

Well, that has nothing to do with this case.

Not to mention that unless 300 feet has a different meaning in his world. I wouldn't exactly call this 300 feet.

But perhaps he meant 300 kids feet?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Jacanuk said:

@thegerg said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

nothing is more of a threat to a man with a gun than a guy 300 feet away with a knife.

Not to mention that unless 300 feet has a different meaning in his world. I wouldn't exactly call this 300 feet.

You guys should really watch this.

It's really looking like the deadly force issued wasn't justified at all.

Loading Video...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 The_Last_Ride

@thegerg: This was a perfect situation for it though...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@evildead6789: Yup, that pretty much summed it up

Im not sure where your hate for cops and america comes from but no that doesnt sum anything up.

Also before you start again with your campaign against the police, you should know that there in 2012 only were 410 deaths directly from altercations with the cops, So again its not like the american cops run around shooting black people on the spot or even white people.

i am not against cops, i am against people killing other people and getting away with it. 410 deaths is still 410 deaths too much

Sure we can agree that 410 is to many if they were all innocent but the fact is that they are all engaged with the police for a reason and i would much rather see 410 dead criminals then 410 dead police-officers or 410 innocent people because the cops were too afraid or to caught up in the media´s hetz to protect them.

But i must admit im amazed at how the human psyche works sometimes, Cops are bad if they dont do their job and they are bad if they do, do their jobs and joe kitchen and Jane couch cant as a layman see the reason chopped out in stone and happening right in front of them.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#121 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Just so you guys know, nothing you posted has anything to do with what thegerg posted.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@thegerg said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

You guys should really watch this.

It's really looking like the deadly force issued wasn't justified at all.

Loading Video...

That beard doesn't seem very kids like to me.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

So he lunged at them yet they still managed to shoot him in the back 6 times? Was he lunging backwards??

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Are being biased because you're in the force?

@Morphic said:

So he lunged at them yet they still managed to shoot him in the back 6 times? Was he lunging backwards??

Utah's finest

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@thegerg:

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thegerg said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yes, but it's not to replace lethal force.

No, because it doesn't seem that some of your officers want that

Wrong, it doesn't replace lethal force because there are still situations in which lethal force is justified and necessary. The TASER is a great tool, but (just like any other tool) it's not applicable in every situation.

What about this situation? is it justified? The taser would have been very applicable. Shit! the chokehold could have been applicable. That is now 3 unlawfully kills in the media recently by white cops against black males, with no true justice. How many more killings will there be before people see, we are not lying about the abusive force of cops, to the ethnic communities.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 PSP107

@thegerg: I honestly don't know enough about this particular shooting to answer that questin.

Fair enough but to be honest, what more info you need to decide on the justification?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman-: Because the police don't have to shoot unarmed people, this could have gone peaceful. Hell he could have just gone to jaill for being an idiot...

Well, a lot of cops don't know what cosplay is. All they saw was a man with normal looking street clothes and a sword on him. A friend of mine collects fake swords and you can't tell they are blunt unless you actually have it in your hands. In other words, in the eyes of the shooter, he was armed. The full truth of this story is all over the place, people saying the man ran and some saying the man lunged at the cops. Hopefully there are more witnesses and come forward.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: Good video!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PSP107

@thegerg said:

@PSP107 said:

@thegerg: I honestly don't know enough about this particular shooting to answer that questin.

Fair enough but to be honest, what more info you need to decide on the justification?

Better knowledge of the chain of events.

Well can you give a guess of what might of happen?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

part of me almost thinks the guy tried to show the cops that it was a dull blade after they asked him about it, he went to unsheath it and they freaked out, saw they started to pull their guns out and aim and ran the other way because he was scared.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

TC you're a dishonest PoS.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 The_Last_Ride

@-paranorman- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-paranorman-: Because the police don't have to shoot unarmed people, this could have gone peaceful. Hell he could have just gone to jaill for being an idiot...

Well, a lot of cops don't know what cosplay is. All they saw was a man with normal looking street clothes and a sword on him. A friend of mine collects fake swords and you can't tell they are blunt unless you actually have it in your hands. In other words, in the eyes of the shooter, he was armed. The full truth of this story is all over the place, people saying the man ran and some saying the man lunged at the cops. Hopefully there are more witnesses and come forward.

It is unfortunate, that's all. And he did get six shots in the back meaning he was running away or they just shot the guy

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@medafaded: Which is exactly my point, i don't care the race, gender, sexual preferences, etc the victim is. The point is that an unarmed guy got shot 6 times in the back with no real weapon

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

No opinion on the actual incident (haven't read much on it)...but agree with most everyone those are NOT a toy. I own one and while it is blunted, it is absolutely dangerous and could easily kill someone.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

TC is still being dishonest.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#141  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

It seems that police was called to the scene and they shot the guy a 100 yards from where they actually had to confront him with 6 shots in the back. That seems like overkill...

Very nice spin there Ride, calling a real but blunt Katana for a toy-sword just to make it seem like all cops in america are racist pricks who are just out to shoot every black guy they see.

Particular when its so far from the actually truth.

it's still a toy, it's not a real sword...

But does it look like a real sword? If it looks like a real sword people, including cops, would perceive it as a threat (because they would believe it is a real sword) and would take action to defend themselves.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk: so that still justifies 6 shots in the back?

Yes, if that what it took to make the situation secure. After all he didn't run around with a piece of rubber shaped like a katana, he ran around with a real metal katana dressed up as some kind of lunatic "ninja" (Yes i know he might have been cosplaying, but the cops probably didn't know it) Also its not like the cops had time to stop up and ask, "sorry guy who are coming at me with a katana is that real or just for cos-play"

It might seem a lot but noone here has been in the situation or even know more than what a news article says, so i won't question it until more proof is on the table. But i had to comment on the spin. Because saying toy-sword makes it sound like he had a plastic sword and the cops where insane.

Nobody here does that, and i mean nobody! You don't go shooting people without any threat! He had no real weapon nor was he armed. It is allowed to use common fucking sense...

If the fake sword looks real enough that people think it is real, then there is a threat in their minds, they wouldn't know its fake until after they would have shot him and secured the weapon.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

There's just so much freedom these days.

@airshocker said:

A blunted katana looks just like a real katana. Calling it a toy sword is a purposeful attempt to obfuscate the reader of the article, and the thread.

I expect nothing less from the TC.

What if he was heading to or from a class that used said blunted Katana, for example Kenjutsu. This is ridiculously excessive and I hope this murder is answered for.

Hell even if he was cosplaying, what gives the officers the right to end this mans life if he wasn't acting threateningly. This is just disgusting.

If people transport a sword to and from a martial arts class, they should keep the sword in the case when they aren't actually using it. Walking around with a sword, real or fake so long as it looks real, out in the open in public will make people feel threatened.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@DaJuicyMan said:

@airshocker said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

It is a real sword. It's just blunted. Wow, you really do like to spin everything so long as it makes America and/or Police look bad.

so it's alright to shoot a guy who has no gun 6 times in the back?

What does that have to do with you misrepresenting things? You're calling a REAL SWORD a TOY SWORD because it's blunted. Do you not see how dishonest that is?

You're focus on something totally irrelevant dude. A guy got killed. Why put so much energy into something that really doesn't matter very much? Chill dem titties.

Of course it matters. Integrity is important to me.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@airshocker said:

@DaJuicyMan said:

@airshocker said:

What does that have to do with you misrepresenting things? You're calling a REAL SWORD a TOY SWORD because it's blunted. Do you not see how dishonest that is?

You're focus on something totally irrelevant dude. A guy got killed. Why put so much energy into something that really doesn't matter very much? Chill dem titties.

Of course it matters. Integrity is important to me.

Focusing on the weapon is irrelevant? That just seems odd to me. Of course you focus on the weapon. A guy got killed, yes he did. But we have to try and explain why it happened. Did the guy charge the police with a sword? Did the police get jumpy and shoot a guy, because they were fearful of the sword? The weapon definitely matters in understanding the situation. I think one of the bigger issues here is that the shots were in the back.

Now, if the guy had say a pool noodle, we would be facing a whole different situation.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By PSP107

@thegerg said:

@PSP107: Sure, I could make a guess. I could also make a guess as to what color shoes you're wearing. Neither one of those things, though, have anything to do with what I've been saying

Well I'm not questioning of what you been saying to others, I putting you in a situation if you were on the case, don't you think as person in the force should have some ideas on what may have happen base on info we have now.

Or are you a rookie cop?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

I think one of the bigger issues here is that the shots were in the back.

Just out of curiosity, has that been definitively proven?

The article in the original post says, "But Hunt’s lawyer says an independent autopsy shows Hunt was shot in the back and not in the front". I see that a few people have posted videos. I can't watch videos right now, so maybe those videos have proof. But I'm just asking...has it definitively been proven that he was shot in the back? Have the results of that autopsy been confirmed by the police? Who performed this independent autopsy, and have his/her results been verified by impartial experts?

The only reason I ask is...it's certainly obvious that we can't take for granted the police department's claim that the man was shot while lunging at officers. That's clearly a biased conclusion. However, there seems to be an equal bias in the lawyer for the man's family saying that he commissioned an independent autopsy which shows he was shot in the back. One claim is coming from the police, the other claim is coming from the lawyer of the man's family, and I'm not inclined to trust either of those claims. Can someone post to some actual verification of what happened (preferably not in video form, since I can't watch videos right now)?

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

I think one of the bigger issues here is that the shots were in the back.

Just out of curiosity, has that been definitively proven?

The article in the original post says, "But Hunt’s lawyer says an independent autopsy shows Hunt was shot in the back and not in the front". I see that a few people have posted videos. I can't watch videos right now, so maybe those videos have proof. But I'm just asking...has it definitively been proven that he was shot in the back? Have the results of that autopsy been confirmed by the police? Who performed this independent autopsy, and have his/her results been verified by impartial experts?

The only reason I ask is...it's certainly obvious that we can't take for granted the police department's claim that the man was shot while lunging at officers. That's clearly a biased conclusion. However, there seems to be an equal bias in the lawyer for the man's family saying that he commissioned an independent autopsy which shows he was shot in the back. One claim is coming from the police, the other claim is coming from the lawyer of the man's family, and I'm not inclined to trust either of those claims. Can someone post to some actual verification of what happened (preferably not in video form, since I can't watch videos right now)?

Oh, I didn't realize that it was up for debate actually. I guess I merely took it at face value. The police may say one thing, and an independent autopsy may say another; but, where is the actual medical examiner's report then?

Just we have to wait to see how it pans out then. I guess I'll rephrase my statement: IF the shots were in the back, it will look bad for the police.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@airshocker said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

It is a real sword. It's just blunted. Wow, you really do like to spin everything so long as it makes America and/or Police look bad.

Last_Ride has a really weird perspective and logic on pretty much anything... so don't be too shocked.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MBirdy88 said:

@airshocker said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Last_Ride has a really weird perspective and logic on pretty much anything... so don't be too shocked.

what the ****...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 The_Last_Ride

@whipassmt: Real or not, that makes it ok to shoot the guy 6 times in the back?