Last movie you watched ?

#1 Edited by indzman (18106 posts) -

Last watched Dawn of the planet of the apes (7/10) on theatre , currently watching John Sturge's Ice Station Zebra on rented DVD ( Half way through ), before that completed watching David Lean's The Bridge on the River Kwai for first time ( 10/10).

wbu ?

#2 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16789 posts) -

Last movie I watched was the new Planet of the Apes. It was all right.

#3 Edited by LZ71 (10289 posts) -

Lucy. It was certainly...something, alright. I think how much you like the movie depends on how willing you are to accept the craziness/silliness of it all.

#4 Posted by Korvus (3899 posts) -

Transcendence. Glad I didn't watch it in the theatre =P

#5 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

I honestly can't remember the last movie I watched. I watch a lot of shows regularly on Netflix and the like, but not a lot of movies.

I did watch 'The Road' a couple of weeks ago, although I don't think it was the most recent film. It was a major bore. Post-apocalyptic survival movie starring Vigo Mortensson and Charlize Theron. I was waiting for something to happen, but it never did and I ended up turning it off about 3/4 of the way thru.

#6 Posted by dave123321 (34134 posts) -

Guys go see the movie boyhood

#7 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

mhm

#8 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

That one looks like a rental.

#9 Posted by Korvus (3899 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@dave123321 said:

That one looks like a rental.

I'm inclined to agree.

#10 Posted by deeliman (2443 posts) -

@korvus I watched that movie a couple of days ago as well. Did you like it?

#11 Posted by Korvus (3899 posts) -

@deeliman: I thought the premise was really good but they fumbled badly with the execution.

#12 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24272 posts) -

Yesterday I watched:

• Daughter of Shanghai (1937) - Robert Florey
  • Sharky's Machine (1981) - Burt Reynolds
  • Peacock (2010) - Michael Lander
  • Personal Propert (1937) - W.S. Van Dyke
  • The Last Killer (1967) - Giuseppe Vari
  • Idiots and Angels (2008) - Bill Plympton
#13 Edited by genius2365 (387 posts) -

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes the other day, going to see the sequel later with some buddies.

#14 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58110 posts) -

Transformers. It was all like... boom flash whoop.

#15 Posted by airshocker (29876 posts) -

In the theaters the last movie I saw was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

#16 Posted by airshocker (29876 posts) -
@LZ71 said:

Lucy. It was certainly...something, alright. I think how much you like the movie depends on how willing you are to accept the craziness/silliness of it all.

But here's the dealbreaker: How much of ScarJo did we get to see?

#17 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

At home: "The X-Files" (1998) which was a good addition to the show but I have a very hard time thinking anyone who didn't watch the series could actually enjoy it.

At the theater: "Lucy" which is one of the smartest dumb ridiculous over the top visually stunning stupid mind trip LSD ludicrous WTF awesome blockbusters in a while...yeah.

@airshocker said:
@LZ71 said:

Are you talking screen time or...skin time?

#18 Posted by airshocker (29876 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

At home: "The X-Files" (1998) which was a good addition to the show but I have a very hard time thinking anyone who didn't watch the series could actually enjoy it.

At the theater: "Lucy" which is one of the smartest dumb ridiculous over the top visually stunning stupid mind trip LSD ludicrous WTF awesome blockbusters in a while...yeah.

@airshocker said:
@LZ71 said:

Skin time.

#19 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@airshocker said:
@LZ71 said:

Skin time.

She spends most of the movie either in a bra, a white T shirt with a black bra underneath or a really tight dress. Though if it is ScarJo skin time you want I recommend 'Under the Skin'.

#20 Edited by airshocker (29876 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

She spends most of the movie either in a bra, a white T shirt with a black bra underneath or a really tight dress. Though if it is ScarJo skin time you want I recommend 'Under the Skin'.

Way ahead of you, bro.

#21 Posted by gameofthering (10313 posts) -

The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1

#22 Posted by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

Last movie I saw was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets about a week ago. I had the Bluray. I haven't seen a movie in the theatre in probably 2 years.

#23 Posted by dommeus (9373 posts) -

@indzman:

New Planet of the Apes film.

Really enjoyed it.

#24 Edited by Master_Live (14812 posts) -

Theater: Dawn of the Planet of Apes 6/10

Home: August: Osage County 7/10

#25 Edited by equanox214 (128 posts) -

@Master_Live: That apes score..hurts me. Why so low?

#26 Edited by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

I re-watched Amadeus for the zillionth time. Yep, still awesome.

The last move I saw for the first time was Get Low. Meh. Robert Duvall and Bill Murray give great performances in a bad movie. The early parts were promising and I wanted to get to know Duvall's character, but by the end I kinda wished I didn't.

#27 Posted by Flubbbs (3143 posts) -

Open Grave.. has Sharlto Copley in it.. it was decent

#28 Posted by thehig1 (2241 posts) -

Just got back from Hercules, it was pretty bad. The action was good and "The Rock" was a very good casting choice to play Hercules.

The film however had little story, and lacked a worthy villain or any real adversaries for Hercules to challenge. The films story glossed over the challenges the Gods set for Hercules and made him a mercenary who gets caught up in a human war. It seems like a petty battle compared to legend of Hercules talked about in the movie itself and seen on other Hercules media.

The movie felt like a quick cash in film, thought process was "Hey The Rock is pretty big lets make him Hercules,."

5/10 - Movie was entertaining enough because the action and fight scenes were done quite well

#29 Posted by Korvus (3899 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

Just got back from Hercules, it was pretty bad. The action was good and "The Rock" was a very good casting choice to play Hercules.

The film however had little story, and lacked a worthy villain or any real adversaries for Hercules to challenge. The films story glossed over the challenges the Gods set for Hercules and made him a mercenary who gets caught up in a human war. It seems like a petty battle compared to legend of Hercules talked about in the movie itself and seen on other Hercules media.

The movie felt like a quick cash in film, thought process was "Hey The Rock is pretty big lets make him Hercules,."

5/10 - Movie was entertaining enough because the action and fight scenes were done quite well

What's with all the Hercules movies with WWE wrestlers this year?

First the Rock, now Hercules Reborn with "John Morrison"...what the hell?

#30 Posted by thehig1 (2241 posts) -

@korvus said:

@thehig1 said:

What's with all the Hercules movies with WWE wrestlers this year?

First the Rock, now Hercules Reborn with "John Morrison"...what the hell?

WWE stars are huge(literally) Hercules is a fitting role, "The Rock" was perfectly cast hes a mammoth of a man. Not seen that other Hercules on with "John Morrison" probably wont it looks really bad.

I think typically WWE stars are bad actors, apart from "The Rock" as proven himself to be pretty good.

#31 Edited by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

Theater wise- Edge of Tomorrow

DvD wise- Doctor Who Day of the Doctor

#32 Posted by LZ71 (10289 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

Thank you for giving me another reason to bump Under the Skin up on my watch list.

And your description of Lucy was perfect tbh. I might have to steal that for future use. Everyone I was with while watching it absolutely hated it though.

#33 Posted by Behardy24 (4561 posts) -

Full Metal Jacket.

Next time I go to the store, I think I'm going to buy one whole season of some cable show. Don't know which one yet though.

#34 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

Addicted to Love, I just happened apon it on tv and ended up watching the whole thing. Not really my type of film genre but it was quite good.

#35 Edited by chernoalpha527 (168 posts) -

Literally just watched a movie like a couple hours ago anyway Evangelion 1.11 You are (Not) Alone

I have been going through alot of Anime and just animated movies lately I also recently watched Wolf Childern, Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society, Princess Mononoke and The Lego Movie all were really great.

#36 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

A Prairie Home Companion

#37 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3517 posts) -

Old School. Will ferrel gets his head pushed through a glass trophy case..... Lol

#38 Posted by alim298 (1469 posts) -

Enemy. Also one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

#39 Posted by mjorh (805 posts) -

The Seven Year Itch 1955

#40 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16239 posts) -

The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness. The feels.

#41 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28121 posts) -

Under the Skin (second viewing.) I was about to change my avatar, but then I realized Brutal stole my idea.

#42 Posted by helwa1988 (2103 posts) -

17 again.

#43 Posted by uninspiredcup (8938 posts) -

Rocky 4. Almost finished my marathon, skipping that peice of shit 5 and moving onto Balboa.

#44 Posted by brimmul777 (1243 posts) -

Non-Stop.7/10

#45 Posted by alim298 (1469 posts) -

Just watched Nicolas cage's "Joe." What a piece of crap. Does Hollywood have anything good to offer at all?

@brimmul777 said:

Non-Stop.7/10

I would give it a 7.5 just because I love Liam Neeson.

#46 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24272 posts) -

Yesterday:

• Marianne (1929) - Marion Davies' first talkie! Pretty decent sound for such an active cast.
  • Shoulder Arms (1918) - Fairly routine stuff, but it has Charlie's half-brother Syd in it so that's a bonus.
  • The Patience Stone (2012) - Really enjoyed this film.
  • One Silver Dollar (1965) - Decent but unspectacular spaghetti Western as it's before the genre really developed a personality, but it stars Giuliano Gemma and he's always great.
#47 Edited by tocool340 (20544 posts) -

Oldboy (2003). First time seeing it. Movie was pretty fucked up but it was still a solid 9/10 to me...

#48 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Me and my girl just watched Man of Steel yesterday and it was pretty good. A hell of a lot better than Superman Returns, that's for sure. Like it enough to know I want to own it.

#49 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

'Particle Fever', which was sexy as hell.

#50 Posted by KHAndAnime (13876 posts) -

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It was okay - not much more than your typical Hollywood spectacle. Well done and entertaining but lacks depth.

Instead of movies lately, I've been watching Hannibal (Tv Show). It's great.