Last movie you watched ?

#101 Posted by Aljosa23 (25423 posts) -

@Jd1680a said:

I am Groot.

#102 Posted by indzman (18904 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Jd1680a said:

I am Groot.

lmfao

#103 Posted by binpink (9100 posts) -

The last movie I watched was Duck Tales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. I was feeling nostalgic, not sure what to rate it.

#104 Posted by indzman (18904 posts) -

Almost half way through watching BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA after hearing its cult classic.

#105 Edited by Master_Live (15112 posts) -
  • The Lego Movie: 6/10 [Some good job along side many flat ones. And I gotta say, the Batman angle was like 1/3 as funny as I thought it would be.]
  • Dazed and Confused: 7/10
#106 Posted by Ackad (3183 posts) -

Last movie I watched was Rust & Bone (French). Amazing movie!

#107 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

arthur and the invisibles

#108 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28155 posts) -

Boyhood (second viewing.)

#109 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

Expendables 3 and it was all the action and glam I expected plus Ronda Rousey looks good:-)

#110 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72948 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

Expendables 3 and it was all the action and glam I expected plus Ronda Rousey looks good:-)

She is gorgeous

#111 Edited by niman123 (7 posts) -

I watched The Dark Night Rises lastly. It was very adventures and entertaining.

#112 Posted by indzman (18904 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

Expendables 3 and it was all the action and glam I expected plus Ronda Rousey looks good:-)

Isn't the movie releasing on end of AUG ? or it released already ?

#113 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

Sideways 9.5/10 (Has one of my favorite movie character duos of all time)

#114 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

@indzman:

It comes out officially on August 15 but I downloaded it early but will most certainly watch it again in the cinema with my mates.

#115 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26438 posts) -

@indzman said:

@Netret0120 said:

Expendables 3 and it was all the action and glam I expected plus Ronda Rousey looks good:-)

Isn't the movie releasing on end of AUG ? or it released already ?

It leaked a few weeks ago, so I assume he pirated it.

#116 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas:

Yeah if you looked up for like half a second you would see that I said I did.

I thought Mel Gibson as the main antagonist would be poor but it worked out in the end:-)

#117 Posted by sukraj (23176 posts) -

The texas chainsaw massacre - 2003

#118 Posted by theguitarguy321 (57 posts) -

The last movie I saw was Lucy. It was awesome. I especially recommend this to Sci-fi fans.

#119 Posted by sukraj (23176 posts) -

House of Wax

#120 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26438 posts) -

'The Congress' by Ari Folman. A visceral, surreal, emotional, visually dazzling, thought provoking, and totally fucking trippy sc-fi film.

#121 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36845 posts) -

Big Lebowski
Recently also; American Psycho, Gatsby, Taxi Driver and just started Moneyball & Deer Hunter
I have a list

#122 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26438 posts) -

Life Itself.

#123 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

Lone Survivor. I thought it was pretty good.

#124 Posted by Master_Live (15112 posts) -
  • The Truman Show: 7/10
  • Goldfinger: 6/10
  • Bad Santa: 7/10
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: 7/10
  • Gattaca: 7/10
  • Animal House: 6/10 [Talk about overrated, I'm sure this seem hilarious in 1978.]
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: 5/10
#125 Edited by Stavrogin_ (866 posts) -

Full Metal Jacket for the hundredth time. I watched the first part three times in a row before moving to the second one.

Bullshit I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

#126 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13186 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: 5/10

Heathen! Burn in hell!

#127 Posted by Master_Live (15112 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Master_Live said:
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: 5/10

Heathen! Burn in hell!

I understood what they were trying to do but I didn't like it. Depp character actually got a little less annoying and just plain clearer as the movie went along which I thought was win in and of itself even if I thought Del Toro was better.

#128 Edited by br0kenrabbit (13186 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

I understood what they were trying to do but I didn't like it. Depp character actually got a little less annoying and just plain clearer as the movie went along which I thought was win in and of itself even if I thought Del Toro was better.

I guess you gotta understand the source material (Hunter S. Thompson) to really 'get it'.

As a fun aside, when Depp says "Mother of God, there I am", the old man he is looking at is Hunter S. Thompson himself.

#129 Posted by Master_Live (15112 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Master_Live said:

I understood what they were trying to do but I didn't like it. Depp character actually got a little less annoying and just plain clearer as the movie went along which I thought was win in and of itself even if I thought Del Toro was better.

I guess you gotta understand the source material (Hunter S. Thompson) to really 'get it'.

As a fun aside, when Depp says "Mother of God, there I am", the old man he is looking at is Hunter S. Thompson himself.

I knew about S. Thompson life & work before watching the film but that is beside the point, I shouldn't had to have read anything about Thompson to "get" the movie. The movie is an entity into itself, influenced by Thompson's work? Absolutely, but a work that should stand alone.

#130 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13186 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

I knew about S. Thompson life & work before watching the film but that is beside the point, I shouldn't had to have read anything about Thompson to "get" the movie. The movie is an entity into itself, influenced by Thompson's work? Absolutely, but a work that should stand alone.

And it does, I'm just saying there's further facets alluded to than just what's in the movie. Fan service, if you will.

#131 Edited by bforrester420 (1697 posts) -

I watched "Pumping Iron" last night for, surprisingly, the first time. I usually don't have one and a half to two solid hours that I want to commit to watching a movie.

#132 Posted by sensei_hEnRY (6680 posts) -

Divergent (2014), an okay movie

A day before i watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) which is surprisingly quite good and The Amazing Spider-man 2 which is unsurprisingly bad. I'm currently near the end of Blue is The Warmest Color (2013)

#133 Posted by Korvus (4648 posts) -

@sensei_hEnRY: Watched Divergent last week and watching the Winter Soldier today =P

#134 Posted by sukraj (23176 posts) -

Predator

#135 Posted by indzman (18904 posts) -

Today watched GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 9/10 , was so impressed with GOTG i immediately started watching SUPER from James Gunn :)

#136 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151691 posts) -

Watched Thor The Dark World last night......and Guardians of the Galaxy at the theater on Sunday.

#137 Posted by indzman (18904 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Watched Thor The Dark World last night......and Guardians of the Galaxy at the theater on Sunday.

Did you enjoy both of them ?

#138 Posted by johnd13 (8442 posts) -

Snowpiercer. A pretty solid movie.

#139 Edited by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

I saw Ride Along the other night. Didn't find it funny, but maybe that's because I was tired.

#140 Posted by Master_Live (15112 posts) -
  • Rushmore: 6/10
  • Office Space: 5/10 [Another so called comedy classic bites the dust.]
  • Dredd: 6/10 [Unapologetic on its violence and cheesiness.]
  • American Gigolo: 6/10
  • Billy Elliot: 8/10
  • Clerks: 7/10
#141 Posted by foxhound_fox (89374 posts) -

Watching Batman Begins right now on Blu-ray.

Bought the Limited Edition Trilogy Collection. One of the nicest collector's editions I've ever bought, bar none. Gorgeous presentation for relatively cheap ($54.99). Full die-cast vehicle replicas too.

#142 Edited by zeroyaoi (1934 posts) -

World War Z. Brad is awesome.

#143 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6414 posts) -

Captain Phillips... Great film!

#144 Posted by Wart1979 (26 posts) -

i was playing my game rohan yesterday when my friends asked me to go outside and see a movie. We watched Guardians of the galaxy and Into the storm. I love these two.

#145 Posted by alim298 (1666 posts) -

Calvary 8.5/10

It's a great movie and I recommend everyone to watch it. It would have been a 9.5 if not for the predictable ending.

My favorite line:

WHY ARE YOU A FUCKING PRIEST AT ALL! YOU SHOULD BE A FUCKING ACCOUNTANT IN A FUCKING INSURANCE FIRM!

#146 Edited by chaoscougar1 (36845 posts) -

Lincoln
Daniel Day-Lewis gave me a hard on

#147 Posted by plageus900 (1119 posts) -

Blow.

#148 Posted by indzman (18904 posts) -

@chaoscougar1 said:

Lincoln

Daniel Day-Lewis gave me a hard on

WTF !!!

#149 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36845 posts) -

@indzman said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

Lincoln

Daniel Day-Lewis gave me a hard on

WTF !!!

Dat quality of acting

#150 Edited by indzman (18904 posts) -

@chaoscougar1 said:

@indzman said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

Lincoln

Daniel Day-Lewis gave me a hard on

WTF !!!

Dat quality of acting

Seen it , awesome acting by Daniel, Sally and Tommy. You should also watch Abraham Lincoln The Vampire Hunter to praise 'Linclon' more =P