Kim Kardashian only donates 10% to typhoon victims

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Link

I think this is pretty disgusting, using this tragedy to make money.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

What a parasite.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

That is a lot more than I donated.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

And that is that.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@-TheSecondSign-: it's not 10% of income it's 10% of a charity auction proceeds. That's pretty bad if it's true.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

This sort of thing happens with a lot more charities than you might realize.

Alex Rodriguez's charity gave only 1% of proceeds to an actual charity

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

A lot of charities are poorly run. They have these huge administrative costs. The actual namesake of the charity may not see any of that money. It may go to those who run it, but I agree that they are very deceptive. I remember reading some site that gave tips on how to evaluate which charities are best.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

She worships Satan so no surprises here.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

So what? She didn't have to donate anything. The fact that she sold some of her possessions and donated some of it is a lot more than most people did, I'm sure. Why do some people think wealthy people have to empty their bank accounts for every cause?

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SirWander

It's because she is profiting from the suffering of typhoon victims, and the generosity of idiots.

but good on her for donating some of that money.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I'm certainly no fan of the Kardashians, but regardless of the amount, she still donated some money.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Celebrities are not a concern to me in the least but some people make it sound as if she was obligated to donate money just because she is wealthy.

BTW, why is she famous? It can't be a result of her looks.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
@SirWander said:

It's because she is profiting from the suffering of typhoon victims, and the generosity of idiots.

I have a feeling that the people bidding on these items didn't really care whether or not the money was going to typhoon victims, they just wanted some clothes that a celebrity used to own. If they really wanted to just donate to typhoon victims there are easier/better ways to do it.

After reading the article I don't think Kim Kardashian did anything wrong. She's just an internet punching bag so people are piling on. Apparently she's been selling off her old clothes for a while now and the letter she wrote simply stated "a portion of this auction will go to victims".

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

@JML897 said:
@SirWander said:

I have a feeling that the people bidding on these items didn't really care whether or not the money was going to typhoon victims, they just wanted some clothes that a celebrity used to own. If they really wanted to just donate to typhoon victims there are easier/better ways to do it.

After reading the article I don't think Kim Kardashian did anything wrong. She's just an internet punching bag so people are piling on. Apparently she's been selling off her old clothes for a while now and the letter she wrote simply stated "a portion of this auction will go to victims".

I'm sure they did want the items, but usually in these charity auctions, people still donate way more than they normally would because of the cause.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SirWander

I assumed too much on the nature of those that participated; now that I consider what they were bidding for, they are clearly subhuman.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

@Solaryellow:

She is part of a species called "Snooki." But yes, it's her looks that made her famous as well as her tv reality show and sex tape.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

shes not obligated to donate anything

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

What a bimbo, all butt and no heart.

That aside, I'm not all that infuriated given how the nonprofit organization at hand is International Medical Corps. I've always been baffled how they spend the money on what one would think to be luxuries to the anguished people in distress while completely ignoring the fact that these people disparately need the money for something else, something much more crucial and indispensable. We're talking about basic needs here: housing, food, medicine...etc. I've seen them gathering people in serious need of these things and start offering them "psycho-social therapy", wasting the money on therapists, logistics, niceties like offering the sessions in hotels...etc. Also their employees' wages are outrageous for a nonprofit humanitarian organization.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Non-profits I think can keep 95% of their revenues for administrative costs, like paying the head spokesman, so I can form a non-profit raise food for Africa and I can earn $1 million but only have to pay $50K on Campell's Soup and shipping, and I can keep the other $950K for my troubles of raising that money.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@ultimate-k said:

Don't insult Satan by associating him with such a terrible person.

Anonymous charity is the only way to properly give money to the needy.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli

@foxhound_fox said:
@ultimate-k said:

Don't insult Satan by associating him with such a terrible person.

Anonymous charity is the only way to properly give money to the needy.

kudos to you.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

@Pirate700 said:

So what? She didn't have to donate anything. The fact that she sold some of her possessions and donated some of it is a lot more than most people did, I'm sure. Why do some people think wealthy people have to empty their bank accounts for every cause?

Because she's not emptying her bank account, she is MAKING MONEY. A person with a net worth of $40 million is doing a 'charity auction' which will see her wealthier than she was before.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@GazaAli said:

kudos to you.

I need no kudos. It's the only way to give. Giving with expectation of recognition, praise or some kind of reward isn't giving.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Pirate700 said:

Because she's not emptying her bank account, she is MAKING MONEY. A person with a net worth of $40 million is doing a 'charity auction' which will see her wealthier than she was before.

No.

She's not making a new clothing line and then saying "profits will go to charity" and only giving 10% to charity.
She's selling her old clothes, and saying "a portion will go to charity".

It's doubtful it will even be HER selling the clothes, which means she'll be paying someone to sell them for her.

It's no different than your local thrift-shops, they collect donations of clothes/furniture, sell it, and only after paying staff/rent/utilities etc does any money end up going to help the needy.

10% of 1,000,000 is a lot more than 0%.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

my thoughts exactly.

it's scrutiny like this that is going to make her not want to donate a dime to the next natural disaster relief

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Maybe instead of talking about some incredibly rich woman being cheap we should focus on the people who are flying out, on their own dime, to directly help those in need.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Celebrities are not a concern to me in the least but some people make it sound as if she was obligated to donate money just because she is wealthy.

BTW, why is she famous? It can't be a result of her looks.

My guess is that the family managed to milk the Kardashian name. Like someone posted earlier, not only did she had that sex tape, Her father Robert, was part of the "Dream Team" of lawyers who defended O.J. Simpson during his murder trial back in 1995.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#29 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Uh... so? She's selling clothes on ebay. Why should she be expected to give all the money to the victims? It's not like she's advertising a charity, she just said that part of the money she makes will be going to them.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Holy shit, that pig is fatter than I remembered.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GazaAli

@coolbeans90 said:

Holy shit, that pig is fatter than I remembered.

I wonder if this gigantic ass is flabby and cottage cheese-like or firm and smooth. Its huge it can't be firm, no way.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Not the most noble thing to do, but she's not obligated to donate money to charity.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Pirate700 said:

No.

She's not making a new clothing line and then saying "profits will go to charity" and only giving 10% to charity.

It's doubtful it will even be HER selling the clothes, which means she'll be paying someone to sell them for her.

It's no different than your local thrift-shops, they collect donations of clothes/furniture, sell it, and only after paying staff/rent/utilities etc does any money end up going to help the needy.

How can you say no? 10% is going to charity. That leaves 90%. Do you think the other 90% is going to the person she is paying to sell the clothes?

Use your brain man.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deeliman

Guys, I'm not saying she's obligated to give anything, but if you're going to sell your stuff under the guise of charity, at least give them a substantial amount of the money that is made, otherwise you're tricking people into thinking they're helping victims with this, but instead they're only helping her to get a new Porsche or whatever.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#35 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@deeliman said:

Guys, I'm not saying she's obligated to give anything, but if you're going to sell your stuff under the guise of charity, at least give them a substantial amount of the money that is made, otherwise you're tricking people into thinking they're helping victims with this, but instead they're only helping her to get a new Porsche or whatever.

She's not selling it under the guise of charity though. She just said in an announcement thing on twitter or whatever that 10% of the money will go to victims. Which is actually a pretty standard thing to do.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@deeliman said:

since when is the clothing section on e-bay "charity"?

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

I'm sure 10% is more than what you've donated so be thankful.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nibroc420

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Pirate700 said:

No.

How can you say no? 10% is going to charity. That leaves 90%. Do you think the other 90% is going to the person she is paying to sell the clothes?

Use your brain man.

>Has 50 million

>Spend 10 million on clothes

>Auctions off clothes for 5 million

>Donates 10% of that 5 million to charity.

How's she making money in the long term?

Are you suggesting she made these clothes by hand?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Kim Kardashian was not obligated to give large portion of her profits from that auction. Considering the reasons for her fame, is it really any surprise that she is not the most generous celebrity in the world?

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@-TheSecondSign-: it's not 10% of income it's 10% of a charity auction proceeds. That's pretty bad if it's true.

I did not donate any money.

So, she still donated more money than I did.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i too never understood why are some folks convinced that wealthy people owe something to them.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deeliman

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Pirate700 said:

No.

Use your brain man.

>Has 50 million

She got all those clothes as gifts...

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deeliman

Wow, people aren't getting the point at all...

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

@-TheSecondSign- said:

That is a lot more than any of you donated.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nibroc420

@deeliman said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Pirate700 said:

No.

Use your brain man.

>Has 50 million

She got all those clothes as gifts...

She got them ALL as gifts?
Where did you read this? I just read she was auctioning off her "old" clothes and donating a portion to charity.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

So what? It's not like she deceived anyone here. The listings are up-front about what percentage is going to the charity.

@GazaAli said:

What a bimbo, all butt and no heart.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts

@deeliman: You have no point. People don't have to buy her old clothes and she doesn't have to donate anything.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#49 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

What a surprise, a rich person whose name rhymes with "Jim Farcashian" is a shitty person.

Although this can't be the only charity this happens with.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

shes not obligated to donate anything

She's not obligated but she's using a tragedy and charity auction to make money for herself. She knows that by saying she's donating proceeds to the Philippines, her profits from the auctions will be significantly greater. Much higher than the 10%, meaning she turns tragedy into profit. It's despicable.