Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Album of the Year?!

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

go_mets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 go_mets
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts

[QUOTE="go_mets"][QUOTE="jeremiah06"]Yeah, so all the "fake" Eminem fans here can get off of their "All rap is garbage except for Eminem" High horses...muffincakes87

im so glad recovery has NO chance to win best hip hop album now. that would of been pathetic.

I can't wait to see what Kanye does at the Grammy's. Last time he performed with Daft Punk so he's definitely gonna try to top it.

kanye loves attention so i know that his performance is gonna be so over the top. its gonna be awesome
huytttr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#102 huytttr
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts
It's not bad. It will probably win albulm of the year (personally i would rather see Katy Perry's new album). Nevertheless its good to see Kanye's personal life isn't interfering with the quality of music.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

I hate Kanye. I think he is one of the most overrated hip-hop (if you can call it that) artists of all time. I will give it a listen, but I'll be very suprised if its any good. What passes for good hip-hop these days is a shame. All about money. *Goes back to listening to R. A. The Rugged Man* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZsGX3B_BY

SpideR_CentS

if you can call it that? what would you call it? rugged man is no more hip hop than kanye. just because kanye doesn't sound like jedi mind tricks or a wannabe mobb deep/wu-tang circa 1996 doesn't mean he's any less hip hop than anyone you listen to. there are many different s.tyles of hip hop. but you go on ahead and go back to listening to your monotonous, fenced in version of what you think it should be.

LOL @ kanye being all about money. you obviously don't listen, why am i even trying....

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

I hate Kanye. I think he is one of the most overrated hip-hop (if you can call it that) artists of all time. I will give it a listen, but I'll be very suprised if its any good. What passes for good hip-hop these days is a shame. All about money. *Goes back to listening to R. A. The Rugged Man* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZsGX3B_BY

lazerface216

LOL @ kanye being all about money. you obviously don't listen, why am i even trying....

:lol: For real. If Kanye was all about the money he wouldn't experiment as much as he does...he could've made a "safe" album instead of making 808s and Heartbreak if he was all about the money.

Hell even making this album was risky because of how different it is.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lazerface216

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

JML897

:lol: For real. If Kanye was all about the money he wouldn't experiment as much as he does...he could've made a "safe" album instead of making 808s and Heartbreak if he was all about the money.

that's why i love him. as far as mainstream hip hop, nobody takes more chances. hell, even underground most of the time...

yet people judge him based on his public persona before even listening to the music, but i guess he has no one to blame but himself for that.

mike_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mike_me
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

[QUOTE="mike_me"]Hahaha, rap.jasonharris48

Don't feed the troll guys

Uh, okay, thanks for calling me a troll... I should report your post.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lazerface216

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="mike_me"]Hahaha, rap.mike_me

i should report you for listening to my chemical romance, but i'm a nice guy.

go_mets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 go_mets

[QUOTE="mike_me"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Don't feed the troll guys

lazerface216

if i could like that post i would hahaha
mike_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mike_me

[QUOTE="mike_me"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Don't feed the troll guys

lazerface216

Whatever, we have our differences. I love a vast multitude of music, from all different types of genres. But rap... not my thing at all... I despise it due to that being the music everyone plays loudly in order to sound "cool." I listen to what I personally enjoy. But that's just me.
Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

I love the album but I cant stand the song "So Appalled". The way the guy says rediculous is so annoying. He pronounces it "redik-uh-lis" and says it like 50 times in the song:x

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#111 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

This thread has just reminded me that I need to go order it on Amazon along with Pink Friday. *disappears*

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lazerface216

I love the album but I cant stand the song "So Appalled". The way the guy says rediculous is so annoying. He pronounces it "redik-uh-lis" and says it like 50 times in the song:x

SuprmanLuvHandl

lol it sounds great when RZA says it though.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="mike_me"]Hahaha, rap.mike_me

Go right ahead. The discussion was about the album, not if you liked Rap music. I could report you myself you were trolling. (only reason I didn't was because I like your avatar but I might change my mind)

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Communistik
Member since 2010 • 774 Posts

[QUOTE="quetzalcoatI"]

I haven't listened to much of it yet (I will), but I did not like monster. Thankfully, I heard that was the worst song on the album. Also, Rolling Stone is crap. Lastly, Pitchfork spent more time in their review talking about the connections between michael jackson and Kanye than they did on the album...

Mr_Anderson1817

Yeah "Monster" and "So Appalled" are my least favorite on the album. Like 10 'featuring' ppl just trying to be hardcore. "Hell of a life" is another bad one, just annoying autotune..

Really? You'd nominate an album for album of the year, even though you don't like at least three of the songs on it? That's a depressing statement about the present state of music and the present state of music consumerism. My faith in humanity is now even further in the negative.

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Communistik
Member since 2010 • 774 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

JML897

The problem is that you people are such brain-dead drones when it comes to music, you don't even know what "risky" or "experimental" mean. Nothing Kanye West has created has ever been anything more than fomulaic, sample-filled, mindless noise. It's ALL "safe," and the music industry is absolutely LOVING the fact that it can release cheap, quick, easy nothingness, and people like you are so perfectly conditioned to it that you will actually think it's good. Wake up.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lazerface216

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

Communistik

The problem is that you people are such brain-dead drones when it comes to music, you don't even know what "risky" or "experimental" mean. Nothing Kanye West has created has ever been anything more than fomulaic, sample-filled, mindless noise. It's ALL "safe," and the music industry is absolutely LOVING the fact that it can release cheap, quick, easy nothingness, and people like you are so perfectly conditioned to it that you will actually think it's good. Wake up.

as far as mainstream music, he's pretty creative. i mean, he's no lou reed or anything but who is?

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

From what I've heard so far it's a really solid album.

whoopy2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 whoopy2008
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
Is it really that good ? I was kinda dissapointed with 808s but I really loved the college dropout.
theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="mike_me"] Uh, okay, thanks for calling me a troll... I should report your post.mike_me

Whatever, we have our differences. I love a vast multitude of music, from all different types of genres. But rap... not my thing at all... I despise it due to that being the music everyone plays loudly in order to sound "cool." I listen to what I personally enjoy. But that's just me.

You got called out because you came into a thread about a particular album and made a remark that was not useful or constructive in any way. It was said just to get on others nerves. You didn't even comment on the thread at all actually. Just made a generalized statement about a genre that everyone seems to be enjoying in this thread. Hence the troll comment.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="mike_me"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

theycallmeRP

You got called out because you came into a thread about a particular album and made a remark that was not useful or constructive in any way. It was said just to get on others nerves. You didn't even comment on the thread at all actually. Just made a generalized statement about a genre that everyone seems to be enjoying in this thread. Hence the troll comment.

He actually reported me because I called him out on the matter lol.

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Is it really that good ? I was kinda dissapointed with 808s but I really loved the college dropout.whoopy2008

I love 808s, probably his best.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 theycallmeRP

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

Communistik

Then here is your opportunity to save us from the evil dangers of Kanye and his "brain-dead drones". What will wake us up from this album that is critically acclaimed and well liked by so many? We must all be wrong and need you to show us the way.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 theycallmeRP

[QUOTE="theycallmeRP"]

[QUOTE="mike_me"] Whatever, we have our differences. I love a vast multitude of music, from all different types of genres. But rap... not my thing at all... I despise it due to that being the music everyone plays loudly in order to sound "cool." I listen to what I personally enjoy. But that's just me.jasonharris48

Really? I hope nothing comes out of it. Too many people are getting kicks out of bashing other's music taste in order to be cool. I don't like polka, but more power to the people that do you know?

huytttr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 huytttr
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="theycallmeRP"]

theycallmeRP

Really? I hope nothing comes out of it. Too many people are getting kicks out of bashing other's music taste in order to be cool. I don't like polka, but more power to the people that do you know?

I agree. I mean is it really necessary to bash and then try and prove that another genre of music is superior? if somebody enjoys the genre then let it be.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="theycallmeRP"]

theycallmeRP

(I didn't lose any points.) Yea exactly, to each their own right? If he would of posted something like, "I'm not huge on Kayne or rap" it would of been all good. At least he would of contribute to the topic to some extent. But no he comes in here and insults a genre of music. I do not care for Nu-Metal but I'm not posting "haha nu-metal".

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Great album

BIG-BOSSMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 BIG-BOSSMAN
Member since 2010 • 594 Posts

[QUOTE="Communistik"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

theycallmeRP

Too many people are stickriding kanye to be cool.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

Too many people are stickriding kanye to be cool.BIG-BOSSMAN

What :? What made you get that idea?

BIG-BOSSMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 BIG-BOSSMAN
Member since 2010 • 594 Posts

[QUOTE="BIG-BOSSMAN"]Too many people are stickriding kanye to be cool.Luxen90

What :? What made you get that idea?

brains and ears blessed me with that fact.

mike_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mike_me
Sorry folks. I can be an ass sometimes. I suppose I was trolling, it was uncalled for. I'm the one that deserves the modding.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#131 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It's not bad. It will probably win albulm of the year (personally i would rather see Katy Perry's new album). Nevertheless its good to see Kanye's personal life isn't interfering with the quality of music.huytttr
It's making it better if anything, this is his most reflective album...ever
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Just brought it in HMV (I very rarely buy CD's), but it was there and I heard good things about it. Very good so far. Very good.
gamerkid600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 gamerkid600
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts

I bought this the first day it came out at Best Buy and all I can say is "WOW" best album of the year for sure! This better get multiple Grammys!!!

Plus I never buy albums but I just had to support this pure genius work! With all that mainstream garbage out there I'm glad Kanye West being a mainstream artist and all came out with this instant classic masterpiece! The Michael Jackson's Thriller of our generation!! Everyone do yourself a favor and buy this masterpiece and prepare for multiple eargasms!!

My Favourite track is Dark Fantasy but...Devil in a new dress is a close second...I also like Lost in the World..Heck I like every single track on this album!

"CAN WE GET MUCH HIGHER!??"

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#134 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Is it really that good ? I was kinda dissapointed with 808s but I really loved the college dropout.whoopy2008

808s is one of his best.

I haven't heard MBDTF yet so my list goes as follows:

#1 - Late Registration

#2 - 808s and a Heartbreak

#3 - College Dropout

#4 - Graduation

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

lazerface216

if you can call it that? what would you call it? rugged man is no more hip hop than kanye. just because kanye doesn't sound like jedi mind tricks or a wannabe mobb deep/wu-tang circa 1996 doesn't mean he's any less hip hop than anyone you listen to. there are many different s.tyles of hip hop. but you go on ahead and go back to listening to your monotonous, fenced in version of what you think it should be.

OK not saying Kanye is rapping about money, but Kanye being big is all about money. When a dude like Lil Wayne is considered a top 5 artist in hip-hop then the CEO's have won. Kanye has had some decent songs. But most of it is over processed garbage. And sorry but dudes like Drake, Kayne, Lil wayne, etc are not great MCs. Sorry auto-tune =/= Hip-hop. That ish is Pop music. At least call it what it is.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

JML897

I never said Kanye was all about money. I said Hip-hop is all about money now. You listen to who they tell you to.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 AtlanticRock

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

SpideR_CentS

if you can call it that? what would you call it? rugged man is no more hip hop than kanye. just because kanye doesn't sound like jedi mind tricks or a wannabe mobb deep/wu-tang circa 1996 doesn't mean he's any less hip hop than anyone you listen to. there are many different st.yles of hip hop. but you go on ahead and go back to listening to your monotonous, fenced in version of what you think it should be.

OK not saying Kanye is rapping about money, but Kanye being big is all about money. When a dude like Lil Wayne is considered a top 5 artist in hip-hop then the CEO's have won. Kanye has had some decent songs. But most of it is over processed garbage. And sorry but dudes like Drake, Kayne, Lil wayne, etc are not great MCs. Sorry auto-tune =/= Hip-hop. That ish is Pop music. At least call it what it is.

Auto-Tune was around during the start of hip-hop. Funk and Disco were fused in the beginning to make hip-hop. It's not all about Gangster Rap or MC battles. DJ-ing, mixing, and Production play a big part of hip-hop. Kanye West started off as a producer for Jay-Z before blowing up on his first album "College Dropout" which in my eyes is a ****c(like each one of his albums). HE is hip-hop.

The artist he's put on: Lupe Fiasco, Common, Kid Cudi, John Legend... all of them contributed to hip-hop in one way, shape, or form. For Kanye to do a whole album using auto-tune like 808s was a project he wanted to do and because he had the talent to do so. Not alot of hip-hop artist can experiment the way Kanye does because they don't have the talent to do so. Lil Wayne is another one of these artist, he came out with "Rebirth" which was a rock-orientated album. Just because the music isn't the general/generic rap you're used to doesn't mean it's hip-hop. Run DMC did rock themed songs and that was hip-hop. Do not say using auto-tune is against hip-hop. Nelly did songs with country artist, that doesn't make him less of an hip-hop artist.

Stop trying to put a label on the movement, because that's what hip-hop is: A Movement. Rap is the genre under the Hip-Hop umbrella. You can be a country hip-hop artist, you can be a rock hip-hop artist. Hip-Hop is an artform & lifesty/le. It's about freedom of speech through your lyrics and speaking about what means most to you and happiness.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 lazerface216

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

SpideR_CentS

nobody here is talking about lil wayne or drake though, and who the hell considers lil wayne top 5? one of your buddies?

i find it funny that kanye never used auto tune until his 808's album yet people act like he's been doing it forever. college dropout, late registration and graduation, arguably his three best albums, barely used any autotune if any at all. yet you seem to think that's all he's about. makes me wonder if you have ever even really listened to any of his music extensively, or at all for that matter.

very little autotune on the new record btw, find out for yourself.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lazerface216

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

SpideR_CentS

also, what does kanye making money have to do with anything? a rapper can only be good if he's broke? who cares?

don't get me wrong, i love independent and underground hip hop but i'm not going to dismiss an artist just because he's commercially successful. there is good mainstream hip hop out there, kanye, the roots and outkast prove that. it's just that it's very, very few and far between.

SmittyPeppers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SmittyPeppers
Member since 2010 • 1569 Posts
I don't know what's worse, the wack rappers incorrectly using auto-tune, or the people dismissing the slightest use of auto-tune as bubble-gum pop trash.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 AtlanticRock

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

nobody here is talking about lil wayne or drake though, and who the hell considers lil wayne top 5? one of your buddies?

i find it funny that kanye never used auto tune until his 808's album yet people act like he's been doing it forever. college dropout, late registration and graduation, arguably his three best albums, barely used any autotune if any at all. yet you seem to think that's all he's about. makes me wonder if you have ever even really listened to any of his music extensively, or at all for that matter.

Some hip-hop heads in the building... what's up!?

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

also, what does kanye making money have to do with anything? a rapper can only be good if he's broke? who cares?

don't get me wrong, i love independent and underground hip hop but i'm not going to dismiss an artist just because he's commercially successful. there is good mainstream hip hop out there, kanye, the roots and outkast prove that. it's just that it's very, very few and far between.

I like me some Roots and Outcast a little too. I'm not gonna get into the money aspect because you guys don't understand what I'm talking about at all. I am not talking about how much money Kayne has or him rapping about money. Let me find something on it for you guys to read and I will post it here lol.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lazerface216

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"] OK not saying Kanye is rapping about money, but Kanye being big is all about money. When a dude like Lil Wayne is considered a top 5 artist in hip-hop then the CEO's have won. Kanye has had some decent songs. But most of it is over processed garbage. And sorry but dudes like Drake, Kayne, Lil wayne, etc are not great MCs. Sorry auto-tune =/= Hip-hop. That ish is Pop music. At least call it what it is.

AtlanticRock

hey, how ya doin...:):D8)

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"] OK not saying Kanye is rapping about money, but Kanye being big is all about money. When a dude like Lil Wayne is considered a top 5 artist in hip-hop then the CEO's have won. Kanye has had some decent songs. But most of it is over processed garbage. And sorry but dudes like Drake, Kayne, Lil wayne, etc are not great MCs. Sorry auto-tune =/= Hip-hop. That ish is Pop music. At least call it what it is.

AtlanticRock

Not by choice, but all my ex's listened to Kanye so yes I have heard his music extensively. I did like a few of the tracks from his earlier albums, but never thought of him as a great artist. I thought his albums went from best to worst in order. Through the Wire was his best song.

higgydiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 higgydiggy
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts

I bought it and I'm liking it a lot, but am I the only person here who likes Monster?

go_mets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 go_mets
i really loved 808s. its no doubt his most hated album. but he wrote did it during "the lowest time in his life." his mom just passed and he was lonely. Listening to 808s actually made me fell bad for the guy and i could even relate to some of his songs. the autotune didnt bother me, if anything it showed how distorted his life was. my second favorite album next to MBDTF
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#147 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I bought it and I'm liking it a lot, but am I the only person here who likes Monster?

higgydiggy
I like really like Monster but nicki minaj's part kills me.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#148 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="higgydiggy"]

muller39

Nicki Minaj is the best part of that song
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lazerface216

[QUOTE="higgydiggy"]

muller39

same here. her flow is not half bad but her lyrics are laughable at best...

i mean, he couldn't find anyone else?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lazerface216

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="higgydiggy"]

Toriko42

Nicki Minaj is the best part of that song

lol nah, the beat's the best part of that song.