Israel set to build new settlements.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Israel has announced plans to build 1,500 new homes in occupied East Jerusalem, the part of the city claimed by the Palestinians, just hours after it freed 26 Palestinian prisoners as part of a deal to set peace talks in motion.

Interior Ministry Spokeswoman, Lital Apter, said Israel also plans to build an archaeology and tourism site near the Old City, home to Jerusalem's most sensitive holy sites.

Israel first announced the development plans in 2010 during US Vice President Joe Biden's visit to Israel, sparking a diplomatic rift with Washington that took months to mend.

The latest move is seen by some as an attempt by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to make up for the prisoner release, for which he has been sharply criticised within Israel.

The prisoners have been jailed on charges ranging from throwing rocks to killing Israelis in bombings and gun attacks. There are roughly 5,000 Palestinian prisoners lodged in Israeli jails.

Plans to build the homes in the city's Arab sector emerged in Israeli media almost immediately after Israel began freeing 21 prisoners to the West Bank and another five to the Hamas-run Gaza Strip overnight.

Israel has a long history of lopsided prisoner exchanges with its Palestinian counterpart. This week's release of 26 prisoners appeared especially charged because Israel seemed to be getting little in return except an opportunity to conduct negotiations.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/10/israel-announces-east-jerusalem-settlements-20131030162254202960.html

And the madness continues. So much for that "peace process"

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

aren't they always, this is hardly news

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thebest31406

I guess that 's true. Unfortunately it's as standard as an anything else.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

sorry, I didn't even read, I expected another Palestinian land seizure and development

though I've also heard that Israelis have been eyeing East Jerusalem for a long while

what's the deal exactly? do real estate investors want the land because it's cheap, and they can slowly gentrify the area and rid the Arabs out of Jerusalem?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

I would hardly call this "madness".

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

So what? It's been happening since humans developed.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thebest31406

@lamprey263 said:

@thebest31406 said:

sorry, I didn't even read, I expected another Palestinian land seizure and development

though I've also heard that Israelis have been eyeing East Jerusalem for a long while

what's the deal exactly? do real estate investors want the land because it's cheap, and they can slowly gentrify the area and rid the Arabs out of Jerusalem?

Well, whatever the case, this move will clearly undermine any chance of a Palestinian state laid out by the 1967 lines.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

So has murder, it still doesn't make it right.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

their days are numbered let them have their disneyland fun.

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

lul brilliant argument there, LJS

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thebest31406

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I was just about to post that very comment lol.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

The peace process on the ground has absolutely no relevance. The IDF makes sure we go through hell with every little daily life activity while completely isolating the Israeli citizen from the reality of what's happening. Palestinians are charged with an intense grudge, detestation and hostility against Israel and anything or anyone related to it. On the other hand Israelis kind of have gotten to the point where their lives are unaffected with the conflict, specially with what's been happening in the region for the past 3 years. It greatly shifted the attention away from the Palestinian-Israeli conflict towards more relevant and influential conflicts, for the short term at least.

In short peace process has never been any more dead than it is now. No one gives a shit about it. Its just a relic that is only used for international PR purposes.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Perpetuity.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

@GazaAli said:

The peace process on the ground has absolutely no relevance. The IDF makes sure we go through hell with every little daily life activity while completely isolating the Israeli citizen from the reality of what's happening. Palestinians are charged with an intense grudge, detestation and hostility against Israel and anything or anyone related to it. On the other hand Israelis kind of have gotten to the point where their lives are unaffected with the conflict, specially with what's been happening in the region for the past 3 years. It greatly shifted the attention away from the Palestinian-Israeli conflict towards more relevant and influential conflicts, for the short term at least.

In short peace process has never been any more dead than it is now. No one gives a shit about it. Its just a relic that is only used for international PR purposes.

Truth be told, I'd get the **** out.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic

@thebest31406 said:

@tenaka2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I was just about to post that very comment lol.

So two of you like false analogies? Building =/= murder. But for the record.....whether murder is right or not is subjective.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@nomsayin said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

lul brilliant argument there, LJS

Well it beat yours. And I was stating facts. Humans have made land theirs since forever. It's posted like it's oh so rare. Kids.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli

@coolbeans90 said:

@GazaAli said:

Truth be told, I'd get the **** out.

oh believe me I'm desperate.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I hope they continue to expand. They're the only beacon of light in the middle east. Everything else is trash.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

their days are numbered let them have their disneyland fun.

How so?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deeliman

@GazaAli said:

I remember hearing in the news a few months back that my government tried to broker a breakthrough in the peace talks for about a year now, they even got Israeli and Palestinian negotiators to come here. Too bad that it didn't really help.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

If I were and Israeli Jew, I wouldn't exactly be itching for "peace" and to give up a bunch of land, even if it is conquered land. After the Holocaust, the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the Six Day War, the Munich Massacre, the Yom Kippur War, and the amount of terrorism they've faced, I would have a "**** You!" attitude to the rest of the world too.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deeliman

@redstorm72 said:

If I were and Israeli Jew, I wouldn't exactly be itching for "peace" and to give up a bunch of land, even if it is conquered land. After the Holocaust, the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the Six Day War, the Munich Massacre, the Yom Kippur War, and the amount of terrorism they've faced, I would have a "**** You!" attitude to the rest of the world too.

Except that terrorist are only a small minority of the population in Gaza, and that the innocent people suffer because of them.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deeliman

@Hiddai said:

@deeliman:

Same for the rockets they shoot at Israeli civilains. The difference is that we try to kill just the terrorists and we sometimes accidently kill innocents. They shoot their rockets IN ORDER TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE. They don't target our soldiers. There was NEVER an order from an israeli commander to kill civilians and i was in that army so i know what i am talking about. In a war innocent people getting killed and we are all sorry for that. They shoot their rockets nearby populated areas so we would attack them and will kill innocent people so they can later yell we kill civillians.

People like to hate the IDF but they never yell at the rest of the soldiers in Iraq or so that do it as well...

I never said that the IDF targets innocent civilians, I was just saying that it's unfortunate that they have to suffer because of a small minority in the population.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#26 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

@deeliman:

I've not complained on the things you've said. I am used to just press reply as for general reply and not a specific reply lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@deeliman said:

@redstorm72 said:

Except that terrorist are only a small minority of the population in Gaza, and that the innocent people suffer because of them.

They put HAMAS in charge though.....

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hiddai

I'm curious. I would like to ask GazaAli what people on the street think of Hamas. Do you like them? Or disappointed from them?

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

If it's wrong for Israelis to live in these settlements -

then it's wrong for the TWO MILLION "palestinians" who live in Israel to have homes on Israeli land.

Israel should kick them out immediately.

Right, ???

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

Ah Israel, always acting like assholes, but getting away with it cause the one nation that keeps blocking any vote to do something about you, is also the one nation performing fellatio on every Israeli politician.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

The Israeli government acting like fvcktards? I, for one, am shocked.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

I think both sides are completely f*cked.

"This is my land because God says it is"

"Nah, it's mine because God says it's mine"

Then they kill each other over it.

What a complete waste of resources the whole conflict is.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GazaAli

@chrisrooR said:

We say its our land because we were living there before we were kicked out of it. That of course doesn't stop us from giving the land a degree of holiness or historical importance along the way.

In before anyone says we weren't living there, well my parents were not born in Gaza. They have no roots in this dump so where did they come from ?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By themajormayor

@m25105 said:

Ah Israel, always acting like assholes, but getting away with it cause the one nation that keeps blocking any vote to do something about you, is also the one nation performing fellatio on every Israeli politician.

Why is Turkey getting away with occupying, terrorizing, opressing etc?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@chrisrooR said:

We say its our land because we were living there before we were kicked out of it. That of course doesn't stop us from giving the land a degree of holiness or historical importance along the way.

In before anyone says we weren't living there, well my parents were not born in Gaza. They have no roots in this dump so where did they come from ?

Living on land doesn't neccesarily make it yours on a political sovereignty level. Jews were living in Gaza and the West Bank before they got kicked out. Yet those parts were they lived are not recognized as Israeli territory. Same with Jews everywhere. It's their private property but not on Israeli territory neccesarily.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deeliman

@GazaAli said:

@chrisrooR said:

If they weren't born there, how did they end up there?

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@deeliman said:

@redstorm72 said:

People are gonna put extreme people in power when there are extreme circumstances...

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Palestinians are stupid and reject every offer ever given by Israel. Eventually the Israelis will just colonize all of the West Bank and the Palestinians will be left with nothing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@Person0 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@deeliman said:

@redstorm72 said:

People are gonna put extreme people in power when there are extreme circumstances...

And? If you're part of the problem.....you're not part of the solution.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#40 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That whole area is in turmoil.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By themajormayor

@Hiddai said:

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

@chrisrooR said:

Palestinians came from Turkey when the latter ruled Israel (as the Ottoman Empire). When the brits captured Israel, the remained Ottomans who were still in Israel are what we call today Palestinians (of course some came from Egypt and Jordan as well). The name Palestina is what the British invented to describe the area and that word came from the biblical Philistine).

Trust me, no Israeli want Gaza strip. We just want the West Bank. lol

This is not entirely accurate

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hiddai

@themajormayor said:

@Hiddai said:

@deeliman said:

@GazaAli said:

@chrisrooR said:

Palestinians came from Turkey when the latter ruled Israel (as the Ottoman Empire). When the brits captured Israel, the remained Ottomans who were still in Israel are what we call today Palestinians (of course some came from Egypt and Jordan as well). The name Palestina is what the British invented to describe the area and that word came from the biblical Philistine).

Trust me, no Israeli want Gaza strip. We just want the West Bank. lol

This is not entirely accurate

Well, yeah it's not like i have done a serious research about that matter but in general that's the deal pretty much

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zyamaman
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
@Hiddai said:

Well, yeah it's not like i have done a serious research about that matter but in general that's the deal pretty much

You're saying you've done "a serious research" about the matter, and you don't even know that "Palestina" is what the Romans called the Judean Kingdom after they conquered it?

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

A countries claim to land is only legitimate if they can hold it by force. Israel's offensive capabilities are better than those of Palestine so there's nothing Palestine can do about it except cry in a corner. They obviously don't want it enough to fight for it.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hiddai

@Zyamaman said:
@Hiddai said:

You're saying you've done "a serious research" about the matter, and you don't even know that "Palestina" is what the Romans called the Judean Kingdom after they conquered it?

I said i havn't done a serious research. You should quote me properly

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By themajormayor

@Hiddai said:

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

A countries claim to land is only legitimate if they can hold it by force. Israel's offensive capabilities are better than those of Palestine so there's nothing Palestine can do about it except cry in a corner. They obviously don't want it enough to fight for it.

The Palestinians in the west back have many countries to go to. It isn't the same case with the Jews. Jews aren't safe anywhere. Thankfully we are stronger than all the arab nations altogether. They tried to destroy us for over 60 years unsuccessfully. I guess they gave up. Now that they have realized they can't beat us by force they try to beat us by the media and they do it real good because some people here never been to the ME and all they know about is the subjective media that have never liked the stronger side (Israel).

It's true Jews aren't safe anywhere and without a home except in Israel but Palestinians are treated like garbage in many if not most arab countries.

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zyamaman
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

@Hiddai said:

@Zyamaman said:
@Hiddai said:

I said i havn't done a serious research. You should quote me properly

Oh, I though that comment was supposed to be sarcasm. Very well.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

You got this from al jazeera, and the Jews were in Israel 4,000 years before Islam was even invented. I'm not jewish just saying.

And the Jewish population weren't the original habitants of that region either, just saying.. And the land you currently occupy you were not the original habitant of it either, just saying..