Israel set to build new settlements.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#451 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

@themajormayor:

1) UN reports from their investigators.

2) The ship was searched and it only had medical supplies and food. It was in international waters, a country can't preemptively attack someone when it isn't at war with them and it isn't in their territory illegally.

3) Ok.

4) Ok, wasn't a major point in my argument.

5) There aren't that many countries committing known crimes against another country. Internal issues are another thing. UN's priority is not to resolve internal issues, but international disputes.

6) Say what? I'm just saying the retaliation for the missile attacks inbound from the Gaza Strip is not fair to the Palestinians who have nothing to do with the Gaza Palestinian government.

7) It's how you write it. I thought it was 'Genebra', as that is how it's pronounced, but it's apparently 'Geneva'. And no, that's not the reason - the reason is that you have a member of the Security Council that will always speak in your favor.

8) It can mean that, by definition. It's been argued before and established that Anti-Zionism can be any form of opposition to the state of Israel, not necessarily escalating to an opposition of its existence. I don't know what meaning you give to the term, but I've seen it used the same way I do multiple times before.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#452 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
@Hiddai said:

QFT

I think a palestinian state, even though i wish it to come (as i stated), would be no different than Saudia and won't be a democracy hence you (th3warr1or) is too naive if you think you can go to the Kotel (assuming it won't get destroyed).

That's funny, considering that even though the conflict is still very intense and nothing has been resolved, many Palestinians in the West Bank go to work in Israel and have somehow intimate relations with their employers and clients there. They also go visit Israel when the Israeli government grants them the permits needed to do so. On the Israeli side, granted Israeli citizens can't just go visit Ramallah, in the same manner that a Palestinian can't just go visit Tel Aviv, but they still have strong economic activities with Palestinians in the West Bank and relations of various extents of intimacy and social nature with some Palestinians there. The vast majority of us Palestinians are quite harmless and hospitable when left unharmed. But we're also ignorant and don't know what's best for us when pushed to the edge.

Regardless, I don't see how it is any of your concern whether we will be a democracy or like Saudi Arabia. No one is telling you how to run your state. Before you bring the security argument, the IDF has already proved on numerous occasions that its more than willing to kill hundreds for a few joke rockets that almost never hit any targets or result in any casualties so you already proved your point.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor@Darkman2007@thebest31406@pie-junior

I want to play a game, do you think ReturnedBro is Hiddai in disguise :3

loool I don't know, it could be anyone. Could be some kraychik mark. Could be some right-winger who just happen to stumble upon this topic.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#454  Edited By Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

@GazaAli said:
@Hiddai said:

QFT

I think a palestinian state, even though i wish it to come (as i stated), would be no different than Saudia and won't be a democracy hence you (th3warr1or) is too naive if you think you can go to the Kotel (assuming it won't get destroyed).

That's funny, considering that even though the conflict is still very intense and nothing has been resolved, many Palestinians in the West Bank go to work in Israel and have somehow intimate relations with their employers and clients there.

They work illegally (SHABAH). Just few of the palestinians have license to stay and work here. And last time i checked, one palestinian, who worked in Israel, lured a soldier that worked together with him and murdered him (2 months ago). According to the palestinan, he asked the soldier to help him with some major drug deal and the latter accepted. If so, i must say i don't feel bad for the soldier because he was probably a crooked a55hole.

Funny thing is that there are 30,000 palstinians crossing the fence into Israel (SHABAH) a year. Stupid IDF don't even try to deal with this problem. If we see SHABAH we just asking what's his ID and release him. I was once puted to guard the fence and 200 meters from me tens of SHABAH crossed the border and i couldn't do anything. IDF should prevent at all cost the SHABAH from entering soldiers and in exchange retrieve forces from the major cities.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 Hiddai

@thebest31406 said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor@Darkman2007@thebest31406@pie-junior

I want to play a game, do you think ReturnedBro is Hiddai in disguise :3

loool I don't know, it could be anyone. Could be some kraychik mark. Could be some right-winger who just happen to stumble upon this topic.

Who's Kraychik?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#456  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Man... This topic is STILL going...

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By Hiddai

@alim298 said:

Man... This topic is STILL going...

lol Let's face it: This topic may get closed and sooner or later a new one will be created. It's like we need to sticky it :P

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@iHarlequin said:

@themajormayor:

1)

Can you show me what international law actually says? It's easily available online.

2)

First of all that was not the only thing it had. Second of all that doesn't mean they were not intended to breaching the blockade, which would give Israel the right to attack them (according to the San Remo Manual). If it actually was "illegal" to do it in intl. water (something I have seen no evidence of) I would say that doing it to avoid the disaster that would arise by doing it too close to land overrides the law.

5)

In what way is this relevant now? Should we focus more on Israel now than Syria because the massacres going on in Syria are internal? Even then, Israel is the main target of the UN and is stil not even close to be the main perpetrator regarding international conflicts.

6)

I was never saying anything else.

7)

Not in English or French. The reason the UN doesn't give a crap about the horrors going on in most of the world is because Israel has a friend in the SC? USA is not the only member of the SC. There are many crooks with friends there. Some of them even in it... And the US doesn't always speak in the favor of Israel.

8) It can mean that, by definition. It's been argued before and established that Anti-Zionism can be any form of opposition to the state of Israel, not necessarily escalating to an opposition of its existence. I don't know what meaning you give to the term, but I've seen it used the same way I do multiple times before.

No it can't. No as I said before. Zionism means to support the right of Jews to self-determination in the land of Israel. If you're against this you are an anti-Zionist. Whoever used it in another way was wrong. Zionism is a very broad term. You can be Zionist and support Israel's foreign policy and you can be Zionist and completely oppose it. Israel has like 12 parties or something in the parliment. 9 of them are Zionist. Do you think they all would have the same foreign policy? Even the far left and the far right? You can be pro-palestinian and Zionist. It's not something incompatible. But don't call yourself anti-zionist. Why would you even insist to use such an offensive term in the first place when you can explain your views and use other terms that we don't associate with the destruction of a nation?