• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
i dunno, did you try talking to him/her?
greenzealot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 greenzealot
Member since 2005 • 285 Posts

[QUOTE="Evolving_Jesus"]Deuteronomy 13 You shall KILL anyone who believes in another god other then your own, you shall STONE him to DEATH!!! there you go, your "loving, caring, FORGIVING" god commands you to KILL THEM!!!DiaperMan2

Taken out of context. It says if there is someone from among your jewish tribe who tries to lead you away from God to believe in some other false god(s), then you should kill them. Dude, God is basically saying that if someone tries to screw you over and get you sent to hell for ETERNITY after God just saved you from pharoah, that it's best to kill them. I'd have to agree.

I honestly don't understand. It sounds like the same thing to me.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
The main reason why I think there are no gods (at least ones preached about in scriptures) is because all such scriptures use circular logic.
Evolving_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 Evolving_Jesus
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts
[QUOTE="DiaperMan2"]

[QUOTE="Evolving_Jesus"]Deuteronomy 13 You shall KILL anyone who believes in another god other then your own, you shall STONE him to DEATH!!! there you go, your "loving, caring, FORGIVING" god commands you to KILL THEM!!!jackelhunter

Taken out of context. It says if there is someone from among your jewish tribe who tries to lead you away from God to believe in some other false god(s), then you should kill them. Dude, God is basically saying that if someone tries to screw you over and get you sent to hell for ETERNITY after God just saved you from pharoah, that it's best to kill them. I'd have to agree.

i agree, much better worded than what i said.

how is it out of context??? its your perfect, loving FORGIVING God, telling you to KILL. you have to work really hard to make that scripture rainbows, butterflys and gumdrops...
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
Yes, i am God.
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

Lets put it this way, God is the way people (who according to one of the posters here who is religious, unintelligent) were to explain how we exist, and now we have advanced and worked hard for everything we have and yet people still give credit to a god who is too weak to show himself to us, what is he afraid of? if he is all powerful nothing! but he is not all powerful, if he was to show himself to the world he would easily have 100% support, yeah so what if evolution has not quite proved god wrong 100% yet, god has not even proved himself 1% yet.

in other words pics or it never happend.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

...in other words pics or it never happend.mark4091

If there's one thing that Gamespot has taught us all, it is that this is the do-or-die, tried-and-tested means of ascertaining the truth.  :lol:

orange231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#158 orange231
Member since 2006 • 1302 Posts
I don't believe in any gods...i don't think there's really a reason to
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts

5 babies were killed in a fire an orphanage in Sarajevo.

You figure it out. 

Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#160 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts

you have to relize that people in those days were not as smart as us. in fact in the gospels, they laughed at Jesus when he said he rose the dead untill he proved them wrong. they did not need all of the overwhelming evidence that we require today, because their technology was much more primitive. how do you know religion is some ancient fable? people always say religion is a bunch of fairy tales. may i ask why? just because we can't prove it today doesn't mean we can't prove it tomorrow. the Bible was never meant to be a science book, it leaves the choice to believe in God to you. i accept the fact that people don't believe in the Bible and that's ok. but what is wrong is saying that the Bible is false when we do not know everything about our world. its very arrogent to think that so i don't believe that. like ive said before, we are always discovering new things.

jackelhunter

Herein lies the problem. You are saying that the bible may be proven in the future. It hasn't yet. I could make up some random god right now and follow it devoutly, and be just a legitimate as christianity (or pretty much any religion for that matter.) This is because there is no evidence to support my god's existence. Yet, there is plenty of evidence directly contradicting most religions, such as christianity.

One would think that any reasonable person would realise this. And dont try to defend christianity, there is no evidence, only circular logic. My neighbor and I debate this all the time. Take the origin of the universe for example.

Science has come up with the Big Bang theory, religion says "god created the heavens and the earth." Lets see for a moment, neither can be proven, but the Big Bang theory at least has some evidence supporting it. We know particles in space gravitate towards each other. We know mixtures of mass can result in massive explosions (a la exothermic reactions.) No, we do not know where these particles originally came from, and I doubt we ever will.

Christianity on the other side, is 100% certain god created it, with his allmighty power. Well, where did god come from? How was he created? God is timeless. Oh, it all makes sense now... not!

Evolving_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Evolving_Jesus
Christianity on the other side, is 100% certainBaselerd
and science is %100 certain that you cannt be certain.
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
I don't know, I believe that there is a God, but I cannot say whether or not It exists definitively.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#163 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
WHY IS THERE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS? Grrrr.. can there just be a stickied religion thread or something? Too many of these. And all of them reach a bajilion posts. I wish people would just stick with one.
Evolving_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Evolving_Jesus
WHY IS THERE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS? Grrrr.. can there just be a stickied religion thread or something? Too many of these. And all of them reach a bajilion posts. I wish people would just stick with one.Zaeryn
LOL, /HAhahaa, that was awesome...
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts
of course man go talk to him!!!I have found out that he is a man and a woman the same time and his favourite movie is PASSION OF CHRIST.He/she also have a botmaster and his is always joking around!!!!!!!!!!see for yourself what I'm talking about...but you probably already know http://www.titane.ca/concordia/dfar251/igod/main.html oh if you say him :gamespot is cool he/she will answer :I'm not sure if I like it.    But I think airplanes are cool.  I like  Matthew.  He/she is teh smart!!!!!!!!!!!!