is it me? or is Drake not really that good

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
He's turrible.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Jews can't rap.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 themajormayor

Jews can't rap.

themajormayor
btw
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#54 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage Bucked20
His flow isn't bad, but his lyrics are dumb and his voice is annoying.

How are his lyrics dumb

What? How are they not? From what I've heard he's a sub-par lyrcist.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"] His flow isn't bad, but his lyrics are dumb and his voice is annoying. -Tish-

How are his lyrics dumb

Ahhh examples ?
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
[QUOTE="-Tish-"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] How are his lyrics dumb Bucked20

Ahhh examples ?

Again this can be really on and off with Drake. Sometimes hes great other times hes meh. His albums are lame but he makes some hot singles and he goes hard on other peoples songs. Ahhh examples
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage Bucked20
Rap=garbage

Classical music =Boring and garbage

Ludwig_van_Beethoven_05_by_Artigas.jpg

Ludwig is more badass than any rapper I know of.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 -Tish-
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]What? How are they not? From what I've heard he's a sub-par lyrcist.Ugalde-
Ahhh examples ?

Again this can be really on and off with Drake. Sometimes hes great other times hes meh. His albums are lame but he makes some hot singles and he goes hard on other peoples songs. Ahhh examples

Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Bucked20
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Ahhh examples ?

Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.

Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ugalde-
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Ahhh examples ?

He talks about things that he relates too. Some people don't think that's dumb. His main thing he talks about is relationships. I personally love music about relationships, so to me that's not dumb. He also talks about money and fame because that's his life. I personally used to love Drake and have since changed my mind. Hes still my favorite but for instance I only liked like 3 songs off of Take Care. When he does get something going though he is easily my favorite rapper. It just sucks hes not consistent.
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Tish-
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"] Again this can be really on and off with Drake. Sometimes hes great other times hes meh. His albums are lame but he makes some hot singles and he goes hard on other peoples songs. Ahhh examples

Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick

I guess it's subjective. I prefer lyricists who don't feed off the attention deficits of teenage America.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ugalde-
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.-Tish-

I guess it's subjective. I prefer lyricists who don't feed off the attention deficits of teenage America.

So what would Drake have to rap about to be "not dumb" to you?
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 -Tish-
[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick

I'm not sure I can answer that question directly. I can give a list of artists that I prefer to listen to? And maybe that would give you an idea. However, a lot of it comes down to style too. I'm a big fan of east coast hip hop.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Bucked20
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.-Tish-

Sounds like to me you just hate him cause he's mainstream,Im pretty sure when K dot blows up like Drake you'll hate him too
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ugalde-

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]I guess it's subjective. I prefer lyricists who don't feed off the attention deficits of teenage America. -Tish-

I'm not sure I can answer that question directly. I can give a list of artists that I prefer to listen to? And maybe that would give you an idea. However, a lot of it comes down to style too. I'm a big fan of east coast hip hop.

I'm not too concerned. Everyone has different taste. I just hate when people rip on Drake for what he raps about but at the same time will rip on someone like Lil Wayne for being "fake". Would they rather Drake make music that is "fake" or continue to make the music that is relative to him. When it all comes down to it he raps about his life. Sometimes he makes good music, other times he makes bad music. Simple as that.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 -Tish-
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick

Sounds like to me you just hate him cause he's mainstream,Im pretty sure when K dot blows up like Drake you'll hate him too

Well it's not my fault mainstream artists lack substance. And I don't think Kendrick will blow up because his style is not mainstream UNLESS he changes his style.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Drake may not be the worst rapper out but I can almost guarantee most of the "hate" comes from people who say he's mainstream. Kids seem to be determined to show how cool they are by loudly showing how they hate anything that is popular.

I swear that in the next ten years there's going to be a epidemic of kids suffocating to death because breathing is too "mainstream" for them.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

He could be a lot worse.. I actually think while he's getting better (production wise, I was impressed with Take Care's quality), he seems to get less interesting since all he talks about includes fame, success, having lots of money, basically nothing about playing a wheelchair kid on Degrassi..

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage themajormayor
Rap=garbage[/QUOTE

Your argument is invalid.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#71 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I thought this was about Nathan Drake....who btw is awesome!

Drake the rapper I have no idea and don't really care about him.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#72 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
He would great if he had better lyrics.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
I wasn't too big a fan at first, but his latest album is really good if you ask me. I wouldn't say he's a good rapper, but he does make some good songs.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I swear that in the next ten years there's going to be a epidemic of kids suffocating to death because breathing is too "mainstream" for them.

ad1x2

I stopped years ago bro. Never looked back

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage DarkGamer007

Rap=garbage[/QUOTE

Well played sir. Well played.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#76 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

You're not alone. I think all of Young Money is whack. The current high school generation likes them though and that's what the media caters too.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage DarkGamer007

Rap=garbage[/QUOTE

You sir are my hero

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#78 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
lol he is ok :P
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#79 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I never thought of him as good.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
His voice is whiny and annoying.. so no not really.
gamesbenzlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gamesbenzlo
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts

oh wow on degrassi nickloden!!! boring.....

Avatar image for marioandlinkfan
marioandlinkfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 marioandlinkfan
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts

he says some real stuff in his songs. this forum is just completeley biased.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#83 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

he's no good

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
I'd give my opinion of him and his fakeazz lifestyle...But I would get banned. He's a faker.
Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#85 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

6670751303_d13677d28d_z.jpg

He's a pretty bad rapper, even worse as a lyricists, I actually like some of the songs he sings on though. He always has great production too, that's pretty much why I listen to him.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
who is Drake?
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

Kendrick Lamar - "The Heart Part 1" "The Heart Part 2" "The Heart Part 3" , "Sing About Me" "Collect Calls"

Those 5 songs alone... KDot is far better than Drake.

On topic, Drake is OK. He was GOOD back in 2007-2009 especially with his So Far Gone mixtape, he has lost it since joining Young Money.