is it me? or is Drake not really that good

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Ngamer05 (11577 posts) -
He's turrible.
#52 Posted by themajormayor (25918 posts) -

Jews can't rap.

#53 Posted by themajormayor (25918 posts) -

Jews can't rap.

themajormayor
btw
#54 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage Bucked20
His flow isn't bad, but his lyrics are dumb and his voice is annoying.

How are his lyrics dumb

What? How are they not? From what I've heard he's a sub-par lyrcist.

#55 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"] His flow isn't bad, but his lyrics are dumb and his voice is annoying. -Tish-

How are his lyrics dumb

Ahhh examples ?
#57 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Tish-"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] How are his lyrics dumb Bucked20

Ahhh examples ?

Again this can be really on and off with Drake. Sometimes hes great other times hes meh. His albums are lame but he makes some hot singles and he goes hard on other peoples songs. Ahhh examples
#58 Posted by Vader993 (7533 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage Bucked20
Rap=garbage

Classical music =Boring and garbage

Ludwig_van_Beethoven_05_by_Artigas.jpg

Ludwig is more badass than any rapper I know of.

#59 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]What? How are they not? From what I've heard he's a sub-par lyrcist.Ugalde-
Ahhh examples ?

Again this can be really on and off with Drake. Sometimes hes great other times hes meh. His albums are lame but he makes some hot singles and he goes hard on other peoples songs. Ahhh examples

Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.
#60 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Ahhh examples ?

Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.

Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick
#61 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Ahhh examples ?

He talks about things that he relates too. Some people don't think that's dumb. His main thing he talks about is relationships. I personally love music about relationships, so to me that's not dumb. He also talks about money and fame because that's his life. I personally used to love Drake and have since changed my mind. Hes still my favorite but for instance I only liked like 3 songs off of Take Care. When he does get something going though he is easily my favorite rapper. It just sucks hes not consistent.
#62 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Ugalde-"] Again this can be really on and off with Drake. Sometimes hes great other times hes meh. His albums are lame but he makes some hot singles and he goes hard on other peoples songs. Ahhh examples

Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick

I guess it's subjective. I prefer lyricists who don't feed off the attention deficits of teenage America.
#63 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.-Tish-

I guess it's subjective. I prefer lyricists who don't feed off the attention deficits of teenage America.

So what would Drake have to rap about to be "not dumb" to you?
#64 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick

I'm not sure I can answer that question directly. I can give a list of artists that I prefer to listen to? And maybe that would give you an idea. However, a lot of it comes down to style too. I'm a big fan of east coast hip hop.
#65 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]Maybe he has a few songs here and there with some depth. But like someone said earlier, he's no Kendrick Lamar. He's a commercial rapper. He talks about commercial stuff. Stuff that kids want to hear. Kids these days listen to dumb music, therefore his lyrics = dumb.-Tish-

Sounds like to me you just hate him cause he's mainstream,Im pretty sure when K dot blows up like Drake you'll hate him too
#66 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"][QUOTE="-Tish-"]I guess it's subjective. I prefer lyricists who don't feed off the attention deficits of teenage America. -Tish-

I'm not sure I can answer that question directly. I can give a list of artists that I prefer to listen to? And maybe that would give you an idea. However, a lot of it comes down to style too. I'm a big fan of east coast hip hop.

I'm not too concerned. Everyone has different taste. I just hate when people rip on Drake for what he raps about but at the same time will rip on someone like Lil Wayne for being "fake". Would they rather Drake make music that is "fake" or continue to make the music that is relative to him. When it all comes down to it he raps about his life. Sometimes he makes good music, other times he makes bad music. Simple as that.

#67 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="Bucked20"] Drake doesn't even rap about dumb stuff and K dot is cool but gets boring real quick

Sounds like to me you just hate him cause he's mainstream,Im pretty sure when K dot blows up like Drake you'll hate him too

Well it's not my fault mainstream artists lack substance. And I don't think Kendrick will blow up because his style is not mainstream UNLESS he changes his style.
#68 Posted by ad1x2 (5733 posts) -

Drake may not be the worst rapper out but I can almost guarantee most of the "hate" comes from people who say he's mainstream. Kids seem to be determined to show how cool they are by loudly showing how they hate anything that is popular.

I swear that in the next ten years there's going to be a epidemic of kids suffocating to death because breathing is too "mainstream" for them.

#69 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

He could be a lot worse.. I actually think while he's getting better (production wise, I was impressed with Take Care's quality), he seems to get less interesting since all he talks about includes fame, success, having lots of money, basically nothing about playing a wheelchair kid on Degrassi..

#70 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6032 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage themajormayor
Rap=garbage[/QUOTE

Your argument is invalid.

#71 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I thought this was about Nathan Drake....who btw is awesome!

Drake the rapper I have no idea and don't really care about him.

#72 Posted by BranKetra (49063 posts) -
He would great if he had better lyrics.
#73 Posted by julian_jr (83416 posts) -
I wasn't too big a fan at first, but his latest album is really good if you ask me. I wouldn't say he's a good rapper, but he does make some good songs.
#74 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

I swear that in the next ten years there's going to be a epidemic of kids suffocating to death because breathing is too "mainstream" for them.

ad1x2

I stopped years ago bro. Never looked back

#75 Posted by themajormayor (25918 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage DarkGamer007

Rap=garbage[/QUOTE

Well played sir. Well played.
#76 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

You're not alone. I think all of Young Money is whack. The current high school generation likes them though and that's what the media caters too.

#77 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Drake's problem is he doesn't realize his singing sucks and his rapping is a 1000 times better,dude can kill anyone on there own song when he wants to.I don't know what the hell yall talking about,while I don't listen to him a lot he's faaaar from garbage DarkGamer007

Rap=garbage[/QUOTE

You sir are my hero

#78 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
lol he is ok :P
#79 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14030 posts) -

I never thought of him as good.

#80 Posted by SPBoss (3632 posts) -
His voice is whiny and annoying.. so no not really.
#81 Posted by gamesbenzlo (30 posts) -

oh wow on degrassi nickloden!!! boring.....

#82 Posted by marioandlinkfan (223 posts) -

he says some real stuff in his songs. this forum is just completeley biased.

#83 Posted by sukraj (23243 posts) -

he's no good

#84 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5529 posts) -
I'd give my opinion of him and his fakeazz lifestyle...But I would get banned. He's a faker.
#85 Posted by TheWestCoastDon (387 posts) -

6670751303_d13677d28d_z.jpg

He's a pretty bad rapper, even worse as a lyricists, I actually like some of the songs he sings on though. He always has great production too, that's pretty much why I listen to him.

#86 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
who is Drake?
#87 Posted by ThisIsTwoFace (1151 posts) -

Kendrick Lamar - "The Heart Part 1" "The Heart Part 2" "The Heart Part 3" , "Sing About Me" "Collect Calls"

Those 5 songs alone... KDot is far better than Drake.

On topic, Drake is OK. He was GOOD back in 2007-2009 especially with his So Far Gone mixtape, he has lost it since joining Young Money.