Is D-Day, saving private ryan realistic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

so is saving private ryan opening realistic

HistoricalSD

The vets say it was.....I can't disagree with them. I wasn't there...

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

dang this topic hjas been goin for a while

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
I'm a WWII veteran and yes, SPR's D-Day scene was almost perfectly realistic.Dark__Link
I find that highly doubtful...
HistoricalSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 HistoricalSD
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

Jointed, In all fairness, the landing scene in that movie has been praised by veterans for how realistic it is.

Why would you contradict people who were actually there.

If anything the beach landing scene wasn't still goes softly compared to the real events.

robobie

it doesn't seem it's realistic if it were, the "vets" wouldn't be alive

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Old topic is old. Who the hell bumped this?
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
As a British person I will appologise on behalf of Jointed, he/she is clearly warped and doesn't accept that those brave heroes went through hell and Spielburg did portray it as closely as he can. I read somewhere that he did interview those fella's to get the real story and be as accurate as possible. Again not all of us Brits are idiotic and stupidly stubborn.mikegtfc
What? Did you skip all those posts were I specifically said that I wasn't trying to down play what any individuals did during the second world war? It also seems like you missed the two pictures I compared. There's really not much more to discuss, I were 100 % right whether you guys like it or not. The fact that Spielberg exaggerated the first moments of the movie doesn't make the effort of the soldiers any less brave however.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

What? Did you skip all those posts were I specifically said that I wasn't trying to down play what any individuals did during the second world war? It also seems like you missed the two pictures I compared. There's really not much more to discuss, I were 100 % right whether you guys like it or not. The fact that Spielberg exaggerated the first moments of the movie doesn't make the effort of the soldiers any less brave however.jointed
And photographs are but one second in time. Also not taken when the photographer would be in danger.

bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

[QUOTE="robobie"]

Jointed, In all fairness, the landing scene in that movie has been praised by veterans for how realistic it is.

Why would you contradict people who were actually there.

If anything the beach landing scene wasn't still goes softly compared to the real events.

HistoricalSD

it doesn't seem it's realistic if it were, the "vets" wouldn't be alive

?

People survived the landings and the entire war.

mikegtfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 mikegtfc
Member since 2005 • 604 Posts

[QUOTE="mikegtfc"]As a British person I will appologise on behalf of Jointed, he/she is clearly warped and doesn't accept that those brave heroes went through hell and Spielburg did portray it as closely as he can. I read somewhere that he did interview those fella's to get the real story and be as accurate as possible. Again not all of us Brits are idiotic and stupidly stubborn.jointed
What? Did you skip all those posts were I specifically said that I wasn't trying to down play what any individuals did during the second world war? It also seems like you missed the two pictures I compared. There's really not much more to discuss, I were 100 % right whether you guys like it or not. The fact that Spielberg exaggerated the first moments of the movie doesn't make the effort of the soldiers any less brave however.

You actually was 100% wrong but be clouded if it helps you sleep at night.