Is 19 years old too young to get engaged?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hellfireknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Hellfireknight
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

[QUOTE="Hellfireknight"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] /previous trolling That good to do (on your part). Also best you found out now rather than later. ...hope you guys were able to part as friends (though that is often easier to do in your shoes than in her's)rawsavon

Yes we are still friends, we were good friends before we got toghether so that helps. And yes I did learn my lesson haha, but you gotta make mistakes to learn from them. Yeah I figured that I would start posting on the forums now, I used to just come to the site for news.

yeah. you can basically chalk up most of my major learning experiences in life to mistakes.
...learn and move on

Yeah for sure, and I've made quite a few over the years. It's different now though, I'm pretty satisfied with my life right now.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
same and same ...can't complain
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#103 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you love each other, then it's worth it. You shouldn't let other people run your life.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Why get enganged to later get married when convivence is a better solution?

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts

Yes, well at least for me. I need to whore around a little bit more.

Edit- LOL @ you 'falling in love' in only two years.

Fightingfan
Considering my parents got married after about ~ 8 months of dating and have been married for over 25 years it's not something to laugh at. For the TC I think that's something only you can answer. Don't let strangers sway your judgement.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Yes it's a bit too young. Unless you're out of your parents house, have a stable job with decent income to support both you and her, then yes, 19 is too young.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Yeah that is kinda young...

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Ringx55
Considering my parents got married after about ~ 8 months of dating and have been married for over 25 years it's not something to laugh at. For the TC I think that's something only you can answer. Don't let strangers sway your judgement.

I'd imagine they weren't 19 however. 19 year olds do not know what they want. Period. Hell, I realize that myself and I'm only 20. I can't and shouldn't commit to anything that major yet.
washnwax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 washnwax
Member since 2011 • 274 Posts

The only problem is my friends aren't exactly the most supportive. They always tell me you're too young, don't go it. dont rush things etc etc. They always mock me and say that I'm just tying myself down. But see I don't care about that, I don't care about crap like 1 night stands

TheNewEraIcon

screw your friends,sound like wankers to me and i can relate cause my friends did the same thing to me when i was in high school.

there was this chick in high school and we became really good friends and one day i decided to ask her out but she wouldnt accept at 1st cause she was afraid if it didnt work out we wouldnt be friends no more,well eventually she gave in and started dating at 13 (dont wanna sound like some romantic novel here or anything but i knew she was the one,like we were meant to be lol) i proposed to her at 14,got married at 18,we are still happily together at 27 with 2 children and still much in love with each other.

and the whole time my friends were against it,i told my friends to F off and never talk to me again and it was the right decision.

Avatar image for I_DID_HER_U_MAD
I_DID_HER_U_MAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 I_DID_HER_U_MAD
Member since 2012 • 203 Posts
Depends on how long you two have been together and if you feel that she loves you just as much, then it has a much better chance of lasting when it comes to marriage.
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Why rush? As long as you two are togther, you should be happy. Also finish school and live together first.Two years isn't long enought to know if you're ready. I was in a relationship forfour years and thinking about it and things can change in a blink of a eye.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

I'd say wait. Patience is a virtue and marriage isn't an indicator that you two will always love each other to the end. Just wait but continue to love each other. It could end either way but if you two stand through a lot and are still together, then it's time. As I said, patience. Don't rush into anything you might regret.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

...I would have dumped your ass too. F*ckin' cheapa$$.

rawsavon

The engagement ring I want is $200 LOL. I wouldn't wear more than that on my damn hand. I'm too nervous about walking around with money strapped to my finger.

It's got lab created diamonds (even shinier than natural diamonds and are completely flawless, but are made the exact same way as real diamonds, just in a lab) and some silver/platinum mixed band, so it's really cheap. It's really beautiful though, 1.49 ct center stone and 26 diamond accents, total weight is 1.88 cts in diamonds.

I'm also picking lab diamonds over real ones not only because of price but because of the blood diamond thing. I want no part in that, and I'm sure a lot of girls feel the same way. The website we're ordering it from is called DiamondNexus, if anybody wants to check them out.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
seriously whats the rush. how will signing a document show your love for one another. just stay together as bf and gf
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

I would say that in most cases a person shouldn't be commiting his or her life to another person at that age. Most people change quite dramatically in their 20s, and with that change often comes new attitudes, perspectives, and goals which aren't necessarily compatible with the people with whom you're involved as a teen.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Ringx55

lol Same here. I like to think my dad is a wizard of some kind.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

...I would have dumped your ass too. F*ckin' cheapa$$.

XilePrincess

The engagement ring I want is $200 LOL. I wouldn't wear more than that on my damn hand. I'm too nervous about walking around with money strapped to my finger.

It's got lab created diamonds (even shinier than natural diamonds and are completely flawless, but are made the exact same way as real diamonds, just in a lab) and some silver/platinum mixed band, so it's really cheap. It's really beautiful though, 1.49 ct center stone and 26 diamond accents, total weight is 1.88 cts in diamonds.

I'm also picking lab diamonds over real ones not only because of price but because of the blood diamond thing. I want no part in that, and I'm sure a lot of girls feel the same way. The website we're ordering it from is called DiamondNexus, if anybody wants to check them out.

I had hoped my sarcasm would be apparent
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Yes, imo.

Unless you have nothing against divorcing, in case things go bad (which of course I dont wish for you anyway but just a scenario to consider).

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#119 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Not if you're wealthy, no.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Just remember that divorces can be expensive.

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

I would say so. It doesn't seem like it at the time, but looking back, in most cases you'd wish you had. If you're going to get engaged at 19, I'd make sure you wait and get married after 2 to 3 more years. I'd also live together to see how it works. Most people make the mistake of getting married too early before they see what's out there and also there's the compatibility level. If you really are compatible, then living together should produce very few issues. Also, compatibility should be more than just "we're good together." Can you ask yourself this question, "Would anyone in the world come close to making me happy as this person" and give an honest yes. That means that your personalities are pretty in line with each other.

Most people just get involved, are happy to a point and then get married. The result, a 50% divorce rate. Just be careful and live together and see how it is for a few years. There's no hurry once your engaged. You don't have to get married within months of getting engaged. No one should be going anywhere. And if they do, then this answers the compatibility question and does you a huge favor. Don't try to get it back, just move on to someone who will stick by you and be loyal to you in every way.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#122 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Live with her for a couple years. Then, if you want to rip her throat out and she wants to tear your balls off AND you stay together, then it is time to get married.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

If you can handle that there's like a 95% chance you will divorce before 35, then go for it.Vighneshvara
Cold hard facts can be a real b***..