Interracial Dating

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Yes I have and, obviously, it does not matter to me.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

I've never dated within my race. Every single g/f I've had has been of a different race.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#53 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I have no problem if people want to date extraterrestrials beings

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@korvus: "Being exposed to people from other races, ideologies, cultures, etc. My parents are racist and homophobic and that's how they raised me. Until I could experience for myself that their prejudice was not warranted I just assumed they were right."

But you from Portugal right?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@korvus: I don't mean to rag on your parents. I've obviously never met them and I'm sure they are fine parents in other aspects (although I doubt they would like me given my background). I just hope that if I were in the same situation, I would still come to be the person I am today. The fact that so much of our world view is formed by our upbringing makes me a bit more sympathetic towards racists.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#56  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@PSP107: Correct and yes, it's a very diverse country...lots of black people, lots of people from all religions but seeing them across the street isn't really being exposed to them especially since my "instructions" were to stay away from "those people" as much as possible. I was to be afraid and disgusted with them, so interaction was to be limited to basic politeness so they wouldn't beat you up..."you know black people, they're like wild animals" and if possible I was also to avoid touching gay people "because they're contagious". It would be a very bad day if I caught a beating AND became gay...I don't even want to imagine if I caught "black gay" XD

@Byshop: Rag all you want; when a father tries to kill his own son because he is inconvenienced, to me he loses all the right to be respected. Same when a mother tries to brainwash her son to follow her every command without question and at the same time be distrustful of everyone else and forbidden to make friends. But yeah, I obviously very much hate racism, but it also makes me sad for them because I know that a lot of them are just like I was; ignorant and afraid...a lot of racism is not about hate but about damaging upbringing that poisons and clouds the mind. If your parents constantly tell you not to forget to take a torch and a pitchfork what are you going to do when you finally meet Frankenstein?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

You're late to the party TC; interracial relationships are so 20th century. The hubbub now is all about LGBT relationships and even those are becoming antiquated.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

@angelcrr said:

@ssvegeta555: That's wonderful, I wish you both all the best :)

Thank you. :)

Grimdalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Grimdalus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

I see no problem with it. I prefer non-whites to be honest.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I'm white and I was engaged to a Native American.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Yeah lol, black girls dont like me for some reason! So I have only dated white, hispanic or asian girls. I dont care about race though.

Kenocratic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Kenocratic
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts

Who are all the people having dates? That's rhetorical, I can see the names of the posters. I'm just wondering how I can even get a date. Maybe through the internet. Statistics alone saying a significant percent of the U.S. population is getting a significant other with the net is reason enough to try it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@kenocratic said:

Who are all the people having dates? That's rhetorical, I can see the names of the posters. I'm just wondering how I can even get a date. Maybe through the internet. Statistics alone saying a significant percent of the U.S. population is getting a significant other with the net is reason enough to try it.

Depends on what your habits and personality are.

When I was single, I did a lot of volunteer work which allowed me to meet a lot of people. Some people thought I had a good personality, had a steady job, and was available. Sometimes, a couple would introduce me to one of their nieces, perhaps hoping it would work out for the two of us. Sometimes, I just meet them out of the blue like recently when one pretty woman who came up to me while I was waiting for a flight at Syracuse NY. We had a very long conversation until I mentioned I'm already married.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

I've never had any girl show any kind of interest in me. I think I'm pretty invisible to them.

That is why I'm 35 years old and still a virgin.

I think that I'm just too ugly in order to get any kind of positive attention from girls. My experience is that most girls are never interested in ugly guys like me.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Byshop said:

Yes. No. However, in my case it's a bit easier. I'm a product of interracial dating (and subsequent marriage) so the concept of "my race" is a bit fuzzy already. I would date any race but there are definitely physical characteristics that I'm more or less attracted to. I was dating a Viet girl who was pretty cool in a lot of ways, but after things got physical I realized that her dark skin was about the same color as my mom's and that was the end of that relationship (ack!). While I'm not very dark, I do tend to lean towards traits that are opposite my own (which makes sense anthropologically, since as a species there are many ways in which we are pre-programmed to promote genetic diversity).

@korvus: With a black mom and a white dad who had me in the 70s, my parents obviously were pretty open and taught me to be accepting of all cultures, races, orientations, etc. I would really like to think that if my parents were racist homophobes that I have the intelligence, empathy, and compassion to realize what a load of horseshit that is but to be perfectly honest I'll never know that for sure. You got to discover that you had the character to draw those conclusions on your own. While I don't envy your upbringing, I do envy you for that.

-Byshop

Wait, a Vietnamese person had the same skin color as a black person?

Dafuq?

I know most Southeast Asians have dark skin, but damn.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@NeoGen85 said:
@elkoldo said:
@NeoGen85 said:
@elkoldo said:

I'm pretty sure many of those who say race doesn't matter.....just say race doesn't matter. You know, easier said that done.

Agreed. I notice that everyone has a different perspective on racism. I've been attracted to wide range of women. I never understood the idea of skin color being the ultimate decision for choosing a mate until I met a friend who preferred dating interracially but just with Asian women. I know we tend to look at people oddly these days who just prefer dating within their own race, especially if you live in a place that's diverse. Is it being prejudice? Maybe. Is it racism? I'm not entirely sure. It might not be either, but it be a decision based-off attraction.

It isn't just racism, but its a combination of a couple of things like classism. I've experienced both. I use to date a girl who's mom absolutely hated me because I'm a Black American. It was so bad that they use to get in physical altercations. I've date woman who told me I had everything she liked in a man except for a college degree, and that's what broke the camel's back. Funny. Three years later I finished my degree in mechanical engineering. After seeing that I wasn't working in retail anymore, she tried to hit me up. No thanks.

People are just shallow, let alone don't have any type of compassion for others sometimes. And then there's the excuses. What will your family and friends think, or how will people treat your biracial offspring? You might as well say I'm not a strong enough person to deal with it.

I use to hate sushi for so long before actually trying it. To have a preconceived opinion not based off fact or actual experience is horrible. The experience was mostly bad after tasting it... lol

Off the record bud, she broke up with you and three years later she asked you for money? WTF ?

I wish she did, because I would have said no. But she and her friends come from old money. We're not meant to be together.

Three years later I'm working in aviation as a manufacturing engineer and my co-worker/friend tells me he wants to go on a double date. Why not! Well, the he was dating my ex-girlfriend and I did not know that. What a surprise. However, I manage to bring a woman who was not only better looking, but also down-to-earth. Apparently her last boyfriend(me) was a nobody; that's what she told him. They would eventually break up 3 weeks later. And guess who hits me up wanting to spend time together?

Now isn't this a small world we live in.

However if you got a better girl, you'd better had shown her the mid finger. Not uttering a single word.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Mercenary848

@pariah3 said:

I've never had any girl show any kind of interest in me. I think I'm pretty invisible to them.

I think that I'm just too ugly in order to get any kind of positive attention from girls. My experience is that most girls are never interested in ugly guys like me.

Show me a picture of you and ill show a worst looking guy who can get dates. Tell me your insecurities or things about ourself you think keeping you single and I guarantee I have met someone with the same flaws that does not let them hold them back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Mercenary848: Your message was really sweet but don't take this away from pariah. Reminding us he's an ugly 35yo virgin who can't get girls to look at him is his whole persona in these forums. Just take a look at his forum feed.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

@thegerg said:

Yes. No.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mercenary848

@korvus: Ahhh I see lol. I have practically grown up on GS, mainly OT but I do not post nearly as often. Everything changes, nice to meet you btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Mercenary848: Likewise. Always a pleasure to meet someone with manners and good intentions =)

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I've never dated someone outside my race although I am certainly not opposed to it. The only initial requirement is for me to be attracted to the girl for me to ask them out.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mercenary848

@korvus: No problem

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Yes, race matters in dating. You should read Dataclysm by Christian Rudder the cofounder of OKcupid. Most dating data will support the fact that asian males and black females are the most disadvantage group in the dating game.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#76 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Never dated anyone, women won't touch me.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I have nothing against black people. I think everyone should have one at home.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

I'm white and I've mostly dated Latina women. In fact, my current girlfriend and future wife is Latina so it isn't an issue for me. I know it is an issue for some, but those people are ignorant.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#79 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@thegerg said:

Yes. No.

angelcrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 angelcrr
Member since 2015 • 254 Posts

It's very nice to see that many people are so open to this :)

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

Pls, I cant even get a date of my race. ='(

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

Honestly it doesn't matter as long as shes hot or very cute.

If shes average/mediocre it's not worth all the trouble associated with interracial dating. So much work for little profit.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@pariah3 said:

Show me a picture of you and ill show a worst looking guy who can get dates. Tell me your insecurities or things about ourself you think keeping you single and I guarantee I have met someone with the same flaws that does not let them hold them back

I was about to tell him the same thing.

If he wanted he can go out friday night and score no questions asked.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@angelcrr said:

Have you ever dated outside your race? Does race matter to you at all when dating?

The vast majority of times I have dated, actually. Nope, personality and looks matter.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PSP107

@Acillatem1993:

Why not?

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Acillatem1993

@PSP107: Lets just say that Im lacking certain qualities to get any kind of date at all. lol

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I date almost exclusively outside of my race. I've dated women from lots of different countries and ethnicities. White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American. I dated a woman of Turkish descent for a while. I think that once you remove the perception of a race barrier, its much easier to see people for who they are.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I love all women. I even flirt woth the muslim girl in the local supermarket, although my white, atheist ass is probably breaking several cultural laws and.

I think exotic people are always going to have a little mysterious allure about them, which should mean that some women out there are really into pale, hairy bastards!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PSP107

@Acillatem1993: "Lets just say that Im lacking certain qualities to get any kind of date at all. lol"

Do tell.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Acillatem1993

@PSP107: I lack self confidence and have a strong fear of rejection among other things.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Acillatem1993 said:

@PSP107: I lack self confidence and have a strong fear of rejection among other things.

Same.

I lack confidence, money, and drop dead gorgeousness.

You'll often hear about how some men have unrealistically high expectations for how women should look, and they're right, it is unrealistic. However, it goes both ways. There are a fair share of women who are very self-entitled and feel that they deserve the "perfect man" (read: they don't exist). Their idea of a perfect man is very good looks, but more importantly copious amounts of confidence almost to the point of narcissism (hence why many people think women only date douchebags) and lots of money in the bank.

We should drop the ideas of "perfect men" and "perfect women" because they...don't...fucking...EXIST. If you're only dating someone for their looks, you're doing it wrong. Likewise, if you're only dating someone for their inflated ego or the amount of money they have, you're still doing it wrong.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#94 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I've never dated. But I don't think I'd date outside my race. I'm sticking with my white folks. Well maybe for a white person that's partially Asian, they tend to be attractive, they usually have nice hair.

But my cousins made up an imaginary girlfriend for me that is black.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

A little black and white, never hurt nobody.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

No. Wouldn't consider it, wouldn't want to dilute my genetic advantages.

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts

I'm super white and my boyfriend is South Korean. So I suppose I'm pretty open to dating someone with a different ethnic background than me.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

dont trust whitey

angelcrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 angelcrr
Member since 2015 • 254 Posts

@-Toshy-: That's amazing, I am happy for you. Has he ever expressed any concern as it related to you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@angelcrr: I just realised that everybody has answered your question except you =)