Interesting article covering stolen jewerly found in Trayvon Martin's backpack

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/01/m-dspd-cover-up-the-curious-case-of-trayvon-martins-backpack-with-stolen-jewelry-and-burglary-tool/

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/04/12/part-2-the-trayvon-martin-cover-up-hurley-blows-a-gasket/

Not crazy about the source of the article, but it's fairly well sourced including the actual police reports and statments from the involved officers.  Mainly concerning to me, it appears the head of the MDSPD was proactively trying to give the appearance of reduced crime by black males by basically shoving suspected crimes under the rug.

Obviously this doesn't have much to do with what occured with Zimmerman, but it's interesting none-the-less.

(anyone who can debunk aspects of the article are certainly welcomed to and encourage to do so)

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. DevilMightCry
Nope Treyvon was black who was shot by a non-black person. Therefore he was an innocent angel who would never harm or hurt another human being.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts
whew. thank god zimmerman put a bullet in this thug. one less on the streets... 'miright?
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

It is the same with Zimmerman's background on the night they don't matter. Neither were saints and on that night probably both made stupid mistakes.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

He was suspected of theft but he was never convicted because there was no evidence that he actually stole them or that the jewelry matched the ones that were stolen. Here's what the Huffington Post says. LINK

The only thing he's guilty of is being a poor student: Graffiti, possible drug use, and playing hookey. However, that's irrelevant to the Zimmerman case whether Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense or with malice. In fact, no one is ever innocent or an angel. We all have skeletons in our closet so this whole character assassination thing needs to stop. It really is irrelevant to the case, even if he stole the jewelry.

This whole Zimmerman case turned into a BS TV racist court case where the issue should have been whether Zimmerman shot him in cold blood or in self-defense.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 leviathan91

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. ferrari2001
Nope Treyvon was black who was shot by a non-black person. Therefore he was an innocent angel who would never harm or hurt another human being.

And then there's going to be a movie about him starring Lil Wayne as Travyon Martin.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Renevent42

He was suspected of theft but he was never convicted because there was no evidence that he actually stole them or that the jewelry matched the ones that were stolen. Here's what the Huffington Post says. LINK

The only thing he's guilty of is being a poor student: Graffiti, possible drug use, and playing hookey. However, that's irrelevant to the Zimmerman case whether Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense or with malice. In fact, no one is ever innocent or an angel. We all have skeletons in our closet so this whole character assassination thing needs to stop. It really is irrelevant to the case, even if he stole the jewelry.

This whole Zimmerman case turned into a BS TV racist court case where the issue should have been whether Zimmerman shot him in cold blood or in self-defense.

leviathan91

No evidence? He was in possession of it. The reason why he was never charged with anything is no one in the police department pursued it., and it it appears that was only because of direct intervention by the head of the MSDPD. There was a burgarly not 1 mile away from Martin's school and according to the police reports, they matched visually what was found in Martin's backpack.  Nothing happened though and the jewerly sat collecting dust somewhere at the police station.

The issue is it was never even investigated, not that he wasn't convicted. 

I did mention I don't think even if he did steal the jewerly it has much to do with the case...though...if someone *is* a theif and is known to break in houses and steal women's jewerly it kind gives a t least a little credance to the idea that Martin might have been acting suspiciously that night.

I'm more concerned about the actions of the school police department, though.  BTW that guy resigned a year later after an internal investigation and accusations of sexual misconduct.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Who cares? The case is closed for now and the outcome is set regardless if you agree or not. Drag him to civil court if you can and if the result is the same there, move on.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Renevent42

Who cares? The case is closed for now and the outcome is set regardless if you agree or not. Drag him to civil court if you can and if the result is the same there, move on.Treflis

Not interested in the subject matter of a thread?  Then don't click on the link and read the contents of it. Pretty simple concept.  Or whatever, do click and annoy yourself and make emo remarks...it's kind of entertaining I guess :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

We should certianly spend our time judging Trayvon Martin now that he's dead, just to convince ourself that Zimmerman was right to kill him. Better to demonize the dead than to scrutinize the living, and the state of race relations in the country.

We so easily forgive celebrities and athletes who make mistakes like drunk driving, drug posession or even being involved in a murder (Ray Lewis) because they entertain us, but it's so easy to absolutely judge a 17-year old boy who happened to be killed in a tragic incident, just because he smoked weed, owned a gun and was black.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Renevent42

We should certianly spend our time judging Trayvon Martin now that he's dead, just to convince ourself that Zimmerman was right to kill him. Better to demonize the dead than to scrutinize the living, and the state of race relations in the country.

We so easily forgive celebrities and athletes who make mistakes like drunk driving, drug posession or even being involved in a murder (Ray Lewis) because they entertain us, but it's so easy to absolutely judge a 17-year old boy who happened to be killed in a tragic incident, just because he smoked weed, owned a gun and was black.

jimkabrhel
I think in the pursuit of truth it's important to understand a situation completely, rather then just rely on emotional response. Not that what you just said had much to do with the thread anyways (again, just another emotional response)...this was more about the actions of the MDSPD and trying to understand certain events leading up to the situation.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 leviathan91

No evidence? He was in possession of it. The reason why he was never charged with anything is no one in the police department pursued it., and it it appears that was only because of direct intervention by the head of the MSDPD. There was a burgarly not 1 mile away from Martin's school and according to the police reports, they matched visually what was found in Martin's backpack.  Nothing happened though and the jewerly sat collecting dust somewhere at the police station.

Renevent42

But there was no evidence that he stole it and the police actually did investigate it and came to the conclusion that he wasn't tied to any of the thefts:

"Miami-Dade Police confirmed that it had been asked by school police to help identify the property taken from Martin's backpack. It notified school police that the jewelry did not match any that had been reported stolen." Check the link in my first post for source.

It's suspicious that he would have those items in his backpack but, again, it's irrelevant because the police saw no connection. I understand that Trayvon Martin is not an angel but a hoodlum but it doesn't matter in this type of case and I'm certain that if Martin did live, he would have either outgrew his stupid youth or remained a hoodlum but who knows?

Hypothetically, you killed, with malice, a convicted murderer who was under the suspicion that he molested a child and you didn't know that until now while in court and the evidence does stack up against you, the judge or jury aren't going to be easy on you and commend you for getting rid of a thug, they're going to send your ass in jail. The point is, it doesn't matter. You can attack Zimmerman and Martin based on their past records but it won't matter since the whole point of the trail was to determine if Zimmerman acted in self defense or did kill Martin with malice.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Who cares? The case is closed for now and the outcome is set regardless if you agree or not. Drag him to civil court if you can and if the result is the same there, move on.Renevent42

Not interested in the subject matter of a thread?  Then don't click on the link and read the contents of it. Pretty simple concept.  Or whatever, do click and annoy yourself and make emo remarks...it's kind of entertaining I guess :D

I think your definition of Emo remarks is different from mine as I am simply voicing my opinion on the matter, I tend to do that If I have an opinion regardless of it being a positive or negative one that could be noticed. Clearly my opinion instigated you to respond but alas not within the subject of the thread itself. And to further my question, does it really matter if there was stolen jewlery on his backpack or not? It won't change the mind of many and even if it was then theft wasn't why he was shot. Frankly the entire case seems to me to have spirraled into something bigger then it possibly was. But now please continue, no doubt your previous post filled you with pride and made you think " There, showed him" and I'm sure you'd love to get such a moment again.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

leviathan91

But there was no evidence that he stole it and the police actually did investigate it and came to the conclusion that he wasn't tied to any of the thefts:

"Miami-Dade Police confirmed that it had been asked by school police to help identify the property taken from Martin's backpack. It notified school police that the jewelry did not match any that had been reported stolen." Check the link in my first post for source.

It's suspicious that he would have those items in his backpack but, again, it's irrelevant because the police saw no connection. I understand that Trayvon Martin is not an angel but a hoodlum but it doesn't matter in this type of case and I'm certain that if Martin did live, he would have either outgrew his stupid youth or remained a hoodlum but who knows?

Hypothetically, you killed, with malice, a convicted murderer who was under the suspicion that he molested a child and you didn't know that until now while in court and the evidence does stack up against you, the judge or jury aren't going to be easy on you and commend you for getting rid of a thug, they're going to send your ass in jail. The point is, it doesn't matter. You can attack Zimmerman and Martin based on their past records but it won't matter since the whole point of the trail was to determine if Zimmerman acted in self defense or did kill Martin with malice.

You article is incomplete...there was in fact a burglary around that same time, and according to the reports the jewelry was similar (check my articles). We only find out later after the internal investigation was completed why this was. The police "saw no connection" only because the head of the department was pro-actively trying to reduce (or at least give the appearance) of crimes committed by black males.

Not to mention, you say there's no proof he stole it...but he was in possesion of it.  He was also in possession of what the police called the burgarly tool.  I mean, I guess you can believe that he was "holding it for a friend" (lauff)...even then I believe that would make him an accessory to a crime, no?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Renevent42
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Who cares? The case is closed for now and the outcome is set regardless if you agree or not. Drag him to civil court if you can and if the result is the same there, move on.Treflis

I think your definition of Emo remarks is different from mine as I am simply voicing my opinion on the matter, I tend to do that If I have an opinion regardless of it being a positive or negative one that could be noticed. Clearly my opinion instigated you to respond but alas not within the subject of the thread itself. And to further my question, does it really matter if there was stolen jewlery on his backpack or not? It won't change the mind of many and even if it was then theft wasn't why he was shot. Frankly the entire case seems to me to have spirraled into something bigger then it possibly was. But now please continue, no doubt your previous post filled you with pride and made you think " There, showed him" and I'm sure you'd love to get such a moment again.

In other words, you have nothing of value to add to the thread and instead just want to express you have no interest in the subject. Great. Your disinterest is noted. Now, please feel free to find a different thread that interests you and warrants what I would assume to be enlightening and thought provoking additions from you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Renevent42

I think in the pursuit of truth it's important to understand a situation completely, rather then just rely on emotional response. Not that what you just said had much to do with the thread anyways (again, just another emotional response)...this was more about the actions of the MDSPD and trying to understand certain events leading up to the situation.

How is anything I said an emotional response? It's observation on how each of those cases are treated by the media and the general public. We as a culture react to these crimes differently based on social status. 

There is also a need to justify a person's original reaction to the murder. It's a lot easier to deal with thoughts of "He's just a young black thug who probably was asking to get shot" if it's found that he smoked weed, wore hoodies, and had pictures taken with a gun. 

It goes both ways. People who immedately wanted to call this a hate crime would look to Zimmerman "profiling" Martin, which may or may not have been true. 

The truth of Martin's death lays somewhere in between all of that, and we'll never know all of it.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#18 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Who cares? Zimmerman was not found guilty, end of story. Hindsight means nothing now. I refuse to believe Zimmerman shot Martin for no reason, and I refuse to believe Martin deserved to be shot to death.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Treflis
[QUOTE="Treflis"][QUOTE="Renevent42"]

Renevent42

In other words, you have nothing of value to add to the thread and instead just want to express you have no interest in the subject. Great. Your disinterest is noted. Now, please feel free to find a different thread that interests you and warrants what I would assume to be enlightening and thought provoking additions from you.

Indeed I will, Have a further nice day.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

How is anything I said an emotional response? It's observation on how each of those cases are treated by the media and the general public. We as a culture react to these crimes differently based on social status. 

There is also a need to justify a person's original reaction to the murder. It's a lot easier to deal with thoughts of "He's just a young black thug who probably was asking to get shot" if it's found that he smoked weed, wore hoodies, and had pictures taken with a gun. 

It goes both ways. People who immedately wanted to call this a hate crime would look to Zimmerman "profiling" Martin, which may or may not have been true. 

The truth of Martin's death lays somewhere in between all of that, and we'll never know all of it.

It's an emotional response because instead of actually addressing the content of the articles (and the possible misconduct by certain parties), you simply start talking about the murder and acting as if the thread is somehow trying to justify a murder and acting like this is "demonizing the dead" (appeal to emotion).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"] I think in the pursuit of truth it's important to understand a situation completely, rather then just rely on emotional response. Not that what you just said had much to do with the thread anyways (again, just another emotional response)...this was more about the actions of the MDSPD and trying to understand certain events leading up to the situation.Renevent42

It's an emotional response because instead of actually addressing the content of the articles (and the possible misconduct by certain parties), you simply start talking about the murder and acting as if the thread is somehow trying to justify a murder and acting like this is "demonizing the dead" (appeal to emotion).

Leviathan address the charges of theft already, I didn't want to repeat them. Martin was not charged with theft, end of story.

And I'm not appealing to emotion. I being critical of emotional responses to this situation. 

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Renevent42

He didn't, because he COMPLETELY ignored the article:

However, there was ONE big issue. SRO Dunn never filed a criminal report, nor opened a criminal investigation, surrounding the stolen jewelry. Instead, and as a result of pressure from M-DSPD Chief Hurley to avoid criminal reports for black male students, Dunn wrote up the jewelry as found items, and transferred them, along with the burglary tool, to the Miami-Dade Police property room where they sat on a shelf unassigned to anyone for investigation.

A separate report of criminal Mischief (T-08809) was filed for the additional issue of writing WTF on a school locker. [It was the search for the marker used to write the graffiti that led to the backpack search]. The school discipline, suspension, was attached to the graffiti and not the stolen jewelry.

The connections between the Police Burglary report and the School Report of found items were never made because the regular police detective in charge of the Burglary case had no idea the School Police Dept. had filed a found items report. Two differing police departments, and the School Officer, Dunn, intentionally took the criminal element out of the equation instead preferring school discipline and not criminal adjudication.

It was only when the M-DSPD Internal Affairs investigation kicked in, and six officers gave sworn affidavits, the manipulative scheme to improve criminal statistics within the School System were identified openly. article

End of story you say...lol. I mean, did you guys even bother reading the articles in question?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

his twitter handle is the only thing you need to know about him that shows he was just another thug

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Who cares? Zimmerman was found guilty, end of story. Hindsight means nothing now. I refuse to believe Zimmerman shot Martin for no reason, and I refuse to believe Martin deserved to be shot to death.

Blueresident87
lol no he wasn't. Stop being blinded by your emotions and accept that Zimmerman was found innocent.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. DevilMightCry
Only racists like you stereotype him as a thug. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Renevent42

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. Capitan_Kid
Only racists like you stereotype him as a thug. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Thugs can be white, too, don't be ignorant.  Calling someone a thug doesn't mean they did so soley on the basis of race.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
We so easily forgive celebrities and athletes who make mistakes like drunk driving, drug posession or even being involved in a murder (Ray Lewis) because they entertain us, but it's so easy to absolutely judge a 17-year old boy who happened to be killed in a tragic incident, just because he smoked weed, owned a gun and was black.jimkabrhel
Society is sick. Really it is. Society is obsessed with celebs, athletes, actors, etc.., Myself, well, I don't care about any of 'em regardless of what team you play for, what song you sing, what movie you starred in, etc.., One of the biggest reasons our country is in such deplorable condition is because people concern themselves with the meaningless rather than important matters.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 leviathan91

[quote="article"]

However, there was ONE big issue. SRO Dunn never filed a criminal report, nor opened a criminal investigation, surrounding the stolen jewelry. Instead, and as a result of pressure from M-DSPD Chief Hurley to avoid criminal reports for black male students, Dunn wrote up the jewelry as found items, and transferred them, along with the burglary tool, to the Miami-Dade Police property room where they sat on a shelf unassigned to anyone for investigation.

A separate report of criminal Mischief (T-08809) was filed for the additional issue of writing WTF on a school locker. [It was the search for the marker used to write the graffiti that led to the backpack search]. The school discipline, suspension, was attached to the graffiti and not the stolen jewelry.

The connections between the Police Burglary report and the School Report of found items were never made because the regular police detective in charge of the Burglary case had no idea the School Police Dept. had filed a found items report. Two differing police departments, and the School Officer, Dunn, intentionally took the criminal element out of the equation instead preferring school discipline and not criminal adjudication.

It was only when the M-DSPD Internal Affairs investigation kicked in, and six officers gave sworn affidavits, the manipulative scheme to improve criminal statistics within the School System were identified openly. Renevent42

End of story you say...lol. I mean, did you guys even bother reading the articles in question?

I didn't ignore the article, just didn't care because it was from a biased website. Granted, Huffington Post is biased to the left but it's not outright biased or trying to assume anything. If there was a conviction or deferred adjucation, there would be news of it but there wasn't for Trayvon Martin. So, basically it doesn't matter.

Charges don't mean jack unless there's an actual conviction and he was tied to any known robberies. Seriously give it up. Zimmerman was found not guilty.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. Capitan_Kid

lol its not a sterotype if its true. Trayvon was a thug. go cry yourself to sleep

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Zimmerman is free, and yet people are still trying to crucify a a dead kid.

WOW.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[quote="article"]

It was only when the M-DSPD Internal Affairs investigation kicked in, and six officers gave sworn affidavits, the manipulative scheme to improve criminal statistics within the School System were identified openly. Renevent42

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, no?

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

It's obvious what happened:

Zimmerman stole the jewelry.

Fearing he might be caught, he decided that he would have to frame somebody else.

So he shot poor, innocent Treyvon and planted the contraband in his backpack.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 leviathan91

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]We so easily forgive celebrities and athletes who make mistakes like drunk driving, drug posession or even being involved in a murder (Ray Lewis) because they entertain us, but it's so easy to absolutely judge a 17-year old boy who happened to be killed in a tragic incident, just because he smoked weed, owned a gun and was black.Solaryellow
Society is sick. Really it is. Society is obsessed with celebs, athletes, actors, etc.., Myself, well, I don't care about any of 'em regardless of what team you play for, what song you sing, what movie you starred in, etc.., One of the biggest reasons our country is in such deplorable condition is because people concern themselves with the meaningless rather than important matters.

And don't forget the whole, "Free Jahar, because he's hot" BS.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
So he possibly had stolen goods in his back pack. Good thing he got shot by a vigilante. Am I right?
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[quote="article"]

It was only when the M-DSPD Internal Affairs investigation kicked in, and six officers gave sworn affidavits, the manipulative scheme to improve criminal statistics within the School System were identified openly. worlock77

Did I say he was 100% guilty of any crime? Did you even bother reading what I wrote? 

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[quote="article"]

It was only when the M-DSPD Internal Affairs investigation kicked in, and six officers gave sworn affidavits, the manipulative scheme to improve criminal statistics within the School System were identified openly. leviathan91

I didn't ignore the article, just didn't care because it was from a biased website. Granted, Huffington Post is biased to the left but it's not outright biased or trying to assume anything. If there was a conviction or deferred adjucation, there would be news of it but there wasn't for Trayvon Martin. So, basically it doesn't matter.

Charges don't mean jack unless there's an actual conviction and he was tied to any known robberies. Seriously give it up. Zimmerman was found not guilty.

Right, in other words you simply ignore what you don't want to hear like a monkey with hands over his ears. BTW, biased or not those articles included the sworn testimonies of the 5 police officers involved in the internal investigation.

I mean, if you want to suggest those were doctored or outright falsified that fine, but for a claim like that I think some supporting evidence would be in order?  Wouldn't it?  I mean at least if you are going to outright ignore something it should be based on something more then "I don't like the source."

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[quote="article"]

Did I say he was 100% guilty of any crime? Did you even bother reading what I wrote? 

Yes, I've read every single post of yours in this thread and the implication is pretty clear.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. ferrari2001

You really should have noted that as sarcasm because there a lot of people out there who say that and actually believe.

Its the same thing everyone was saying in my city a few years ago when there was this big uproar about a black guy who died in police custody. He died in the hands of white cops so of course he was innocent and the cops were all racist because they werent all black. Of course no one seemed to care the man was a wannabe thug meth dealer, in his 40's, that weighed like 380lbs, diabetic, in awful health and died of a heart attack while in custody.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Yes, I've read every single post of yours in this thread and the implication is pretty clear.

Nope, sorry, try again. You interpret what you want because you simply are going by your own emotional response and cannot discuss the matter beyond that.  If you are going to assume what I mean, you are just going to end up being wrong and not worth talking to.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

Renevent42

I did mention I don't think even if he did steal the jewerly it has much to do with the case...though...if someone *is* a theif and is known to break in houses and steal women's jewerly it kind gives a t least a little credance to the idea that Martin might have been acting suspiciously that night.

I'm more concerned about the actions of the school police department, though.  BTW that guy resigned a year later after an internal investigation and accusations of sexual misconduct.

So if, for argument's sake, we admit that Trayvon was a thief, that now makes it George Zimmerman's job to follow him around, instigate a confrontation, and shoot him dead?  It's not, say, the job of trained police officers to follow and confront suspects?  This is the problem with Stand Your Ground, it encourages vigilantism.  It specifically says that armed citizens have the right to use deadly force in preventing a felony, it's telling citizens to go out into situations where they have no businees being and create problems.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

theone86

So if, for argument's sake, we admit that Trayvon was a thief, that now makes it George Zimmerman's job to follow him around, instigate a confrontation, and shoot him dead?  It's not, say, the job of trained police officers to follow and confront suspects?  This is the problem with Stand Your Ground, it encourages vigilantism.  It specifically says that armed citizens have the right to use deadly force in preventing a felony, it's telling citizens to go out into situations where they have no businees being and create problems.

Did I saw anywhere in this thread that the possibility Martin was a thief makes it ok for Zimmerman to shoot him dead? This thread, as stated by the OP (which you all ignore) is more about the conduct of the MDSPD. With that said, if Martin was in fact a thief it *may* bolster the claim that Martin did appear suspicious that night. Though, that can't be proven one way or another. He may have stolen before, that doesn't mean he was being suspicious that night. That's stuff we will never really know for sure.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

Renevent42

Nope, sorry, try again. You interpret what you want because you simply are going by your own emotional response and cannot discuss the matter beyond that.  If you are going to assume what I mean, you are just going to end up being wrong and not worth talking to.

You've shown absolutely no indication that you actually want to discuss the matter, instead you just accuse everyone who does not agree with you of an "emotional response".

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

You've shown absolutely no indication that you actually want to discuss the matter, instead you just accuse everyone who does not agree with you of an "emotional response".

I've discussed the matter in length, including referring to the testimony of the police officers involved in the investigation. What have YOU done in this thread other then falsely portray my own comments, and inject your own meaning where I have stated explicitly otherwise?

The mirror...look into it.

Now, are you going to add anything of value to this thread or are you going to continue to just ramble about nothing?

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

What is wrong with some of you people? Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman is free, but ya'll taking out time to demonize the dead one? He wasn't a perfect angel or anything like that, but I bet you guys weren't perfect in your youth.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Renevent42

What is wrong with some of you people? Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman is free, but ya'll taking out time to demonize the dead one? He wasn't a perfect angel or anything like that, but I bet you guys weren't perfect in your youth.

dominer
Well some people are interested in truth, regardless if it's painful or unsavory.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#46 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Who cares? Zimmerman was found guilty, end of story. Hindsight means nothing now. I refuse to believe Zimmerman shot Martin for no reason, and I refuse to believe Martin deserved to be shot to death.

heeweesRus

lol no he wasn't. Stop being blinded by your emotions and accept that Zimmerman was found innocent.

I'm not blinded by anything, it was a typo...meant to put "was not found guilty." Relax.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"] Nope, sorry, try again. You interpret what you want because you simply are going by your own emotional response and cannot discuss the matter beyond that.  If you are going to assume what I mean, you are just going to end up being wrong and not worth talking to.

Renevent42

I've discussed the matter in length, including referring to the testimony of the police officers involved in the investigation. What have YOU done in this thread other then falsely portray my own comments, and inject your own meaning where I have stated explicitly otherwise?

Now, are you going to add anything of value to this thread or are you going to continue to just ramble about nothing?

You've flat out claim the jewelry was stolen, and you've stated "may bolster the claim that Martin was suspicious". The first has not been proven and the second is nothing more than baseless speculation on your part. You haven't flat out said it, but you've made the implcation crystal clear.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

You've flat out claim the jewelry was stolen, and you've stated "may bolster the claim that Martin was suspicious". The first has not been proven and the second is nothing more than baseless speculation on your part. You haven't flat out said it, but you've made the implcation crystal clear.

I said *may* indicate, which indicates only possibility so yeah that's speculation...nothing wrong with that as I did not present it as a fact. That's not what this thread is about anyways, which that point is still sailing over your head like a 747.

Regarding if the jewelry is stolen or not...sure...maybe Martin's mystery friend simply found 12 pieces of woman's jewelry and the males watch, along with the screwdriver, on the ground and gave it to Martin to hold on to and he just never got a chance to report it to the right authorities :lol:

It's a possibility I suppose...that Martin didn't actually steal the items and was in fact just holding it...but let's not get carried away. That would still make him an accessory to a crime.

Now, are you going to actually address what the topic is actually about (conduct of the MDSPD) or just continue to harp on what really amounts something utterly inconsequential to the topic? 

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

dominer
Look at it in a different perspective for a moment. Who was the one demonized since the incident took place and as a matter of fact, is still being demonized after a verdict was reached absolving him of guilt? A lot of the ill will towards Martin is brought on by his own past and actions. Was it O.K. to demonize Zimmerman but Martin is off limits? How about a level playing field? Looking back at my youth I was a saint compared to this boy and I'm sure the same is said for many of you as well.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Renevent42
[QUOTE="dominer"]

Solaryellow
Look at it in a different perspective for a moment. Who was the one demonized since the incident took place and as a matter of fact, is still being demonized after a verdict was reached absolving him of guilt? A lot of the ill will towards Martin is brought on by his own past and actions. Was it O.K. to demonize Zimmerman but Martin is off limits? How about a level playing field? Looking back at my youth I was a saint compared to this boy and I'm sure the same is said for many of you as well.

That's a great point. This thread is really about a different topic (not demonizing anyone, more about police conduct)...but there definitely seems to be a double standard at play here with some people.