Interesting article covering stolen jewerly found in Trayvon Martin's backpack

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

It's a good thing I don't make assumptions off anecdotal evidence otherwise I'd be as closed minded as everyone else in this thread.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. leviathan91

Nope Treyvon was black who was shot by a non-black person. Therefore he was an innocent angel who would never harm or hurt another human being.

And then there's going to be a movie about him starring Lil Wayne as Travyon Martin.

don't give them any ideas

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

You've flat out claim the jewelry was stolen, and you've stated "may bolster the claim that Martin was suspicious". The first has not been proven and the second is nothing more than baseless speculation on your part. You haven't flat out said it, but you've made the implcation crystal clear.

worlock77

Reading the article is rather important warlock..

The search of Trayvon Martins backpack turned up at least 12 pcs of ladies jewelry, and a mans watch, in addition to a flat head screwdriver described as a burglary tool.
SRO Dunn never filed a criminal report, nor opened a criminal investigation, surrounding the stolen jewelry. Instead, and as a result of pressure from M-DSPD Chief Hurley to avoid criminal reports for black male students,

On October 21st 2011 a burglary took place a few blocks from Krop Senior High School where Trayvon Martin attended. The stolen property outlined in the Miami-Dade Police Report (PD111021-422483) matches the descriptive presented by SRO Dunn in his School Police report 2011-11477.Article

>Jewlery was reported stolen
>Trayvon is found with jewlery
>"To avoid criminal reports for black male students", Trayvon was never arrested or even linked to the matter.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="Solaryellow"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]We so easily forgive celebrities and athletes who make mistakes like drunk driving, drug posession or even being involved in a murder (Ray Lewis) because they entertain us, but it's so easy to absolutely judge a 17-year old boy who happened to be killed in a tragic incident, just because he smoked weed, owned a gun and was black.leviathan91

Society is sick. Really it is. Society is obsessed with celebs, athletes, actors, etc.., Myself, well, I don't care about any of 'em regardless of what team you play for, what song you sing, what movie you starred in, etc.., One of the biggest reasons our country is in such deplorable condition is because people concern themselves with the meaningless rather than important matters.

And don't forget the whole, "Free Jahar, because he's hot" BS.

+ 100,000 to all three people in this quote
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Who cares? Zimmerman was found guilty, end of story. Hindsight means nothing now. I refuse to believe Zimmerman shot Martin for no reason, and I refuse to believe Martin deserved to be shot to death.

Blueresident87

lol no he wasn't. Stop being blinded by your emotions and accept that Zimmerman was found innocent.

I'm not blinded by anything, it was a typo...meant to put "was not found guilty." Relax.

Ah, sorry then.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Nibroc420

What is wrong with some of you people? Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman is free, but ya'll taking out time to demonize the dead one? He wasn't a perfect angel or anything like that, but I bet you guys weren't perfect in your youth.

dominer
Travyon supporters have spent months demonizing Zimmerman for having "Chased and gunned down an innocent 12 year old for being black". The least we can do is post pictures of Trayvon at 17 (clearly he's not 12 anymore), and police reports showing how Trayvon was never a victim of racism, but had used his race at least once in the past to help him out of prison.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Everyone with half a brain could figure out that Treyvon was a thug. People are in denial. But hey, especially since he could have been Obama's son, that looked like him 35 years ago. Renevent42

Only racists like you stereotype him as a thug. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Thugs can be white, too, don't be ignorant.  Calling someone a thug doesn't mean they did so soley on the basis of race.

If he was white you wouldn't be calling him a thug,we know how you white folks use code names so when you're called out on your racist sh*t you can deny it.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] Only racists like you stereotype him as a thug. You should be ashamed of yourself. Bucked20

Thugs can be white, too, don't be ignorant.  Calling someone a thug doesn't mean they did so soley on the basis of race.

If he was white you wouldn't be calling him a thug,we know how you white folks use code names so when you're called out on your racist sh*t you can deny it.

Don't pretend to know anything about me or what I would call someone. The fact you refer to me with a generalization 'you white folks' and conclude based on my race what my stance would be just shows you are the racist, not me.

And for the record, I have called white people thugs.  This person is an in-law no less, but hey, if the shoe fits and all that.  Not that truth matters to you anyways, you are one of the most racist people on this forum.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="Renevent42"] Thugs can be white, too, don't be ignorant.  Calling someone a thug doesn't mean they did so soley on the basis of race.

Renevent42

Don't pretend to know anything about me or what I would call someone. The fact you refer to me with a generalization 'you white folks' and conclude based on my race what my stance would be just shows you are the racist, not me.

And for the record, I have called white people thugs.  This person is an in-law no less, but hey, if the shoe fits and all that.  Not that truth matters to you anyways, you are one of the most racist people on this forum.

Stop it,I bet you haven't called GZ a thug and he's the one with the record.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] If he was white you wouldn't be calling him a thug,we know how you white folks use code names so when you're called out on your racist sh*t you can deny it.Bucked20

Stop it,I bet you haven't called GZ a thug and he's the one with the record.

Own up to your own racism and stop projecting it on to other people.  You are the one with the clear predjudice against white people and are making sweeping statements based on race, not me.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] Only racists like you stereotype him as a thug. You should be ashamed of yourself. Bucked20

If he was a woman, no-one would be questioning Zimmerman's right to defend himself from an attacker using lethal force. Race would have never even been brought up.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

No, I've used thug to describe shitty white too.

It's not a code bucked and not every white person is racist.

People who fit the profile of a "gansta" and have a bad rap are thugs.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="Renevent42"] Thugs can be white, too, don't be ignorant.  Calling someone a thug doesn't mean they did so soley on the basis of race.

MakeMeaSammitch

No, I've used thug to describe shitty white too.

It's not a code bucked and not every white person is racist.

People who fit the profile of a "gansta" and have a bad rap are thugs.

Bucked never chose the thug life, the thug life chose him.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

give it a rest, Bucky, your racism and hypersensitivity is getting old.

Thugs are not black exclusive.  If anything, the Italians were thugs looooooooooong before anyone of african descent was :P

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Renevent42

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/thug

It's actually even older than that. Buck is just an ignorant racist.  Either that or he's just a troll...but you know what they say about people pretending to be idiots lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#66 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

It's actually even older than that. Buck is just an ignorant racist.  Either that or he's just a troll...but you know what they say about people pretending to be idiots lol.

Renevent42

Yes, Trayvon is guilty of being part of Thuggee cult and deserved to die because of it. 

Pretending to be an idiot is foolish. Turly being an idiot is worse.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

jimkabrhel

Yes, Trayvon is guilty of being part of Thuggee cult and deserved to die because of it. 

No, it just proves there's a good chance Zimmerman was telling the truth. He said he saw Trayvon looking around just staring in windows. Turns out Trayvon had a thing for breaking and entering.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

jimkabrhel

Wow way to make a complete fool of yourself. The obvious point is the term thug isn't something only applicable to blacks, and that there's no secret code 'whitey' is using. Beyond that, making a further leap in logic in that anyone is suggesting he deserved to die because someone may consider him a thug is asinine. You ought to punch yourself in the neck for making such a stupid response.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"] I've discussed the matter in length, including referring to the testimony of the police officers involved in the investigation. What have YOU done in this thread other then falsely portray my own comments, and inject your own meaning where I have stated explicitly otherwise?

The mirror...look into it.

Now, are you going to add anything of value to this thread or are you going to continue to just ramble about nothing?

Renevent42

You've flat out claim the jewelry was stolen, and you've stated "may bolster the claim that Martin was suspicious". The first has not been proven and the second is nothing more than baseless speculation on your part. You haven't flat out said it, but you've made the implcation crystal clear.

I said *may* indicate, which indicates only possibility so yeah that's speculation...nothing wrong with that as I did not present it as a fact. That's not what this thread is about anyways, which that point is still sailing over your head like a 747.

Regarding if the jewelry is stolen or not...sure...maybe Martin's mystery friend simply found 12 pieces of woman's jewelry and the males watch, along with the screwdriver, on the ground and gave it to Martin to hold on to and he just never got a chance to report it to the right authorities :lol:

It's a possibility I suppose...that Martin didn't actually steal the items and was in fact just holding it...but let's not get carried away. That would still make him an accessory to a crime.

Now, are you going to actually address what the topic is actually about (conduct of the MDSPD) or just continue to harp on what really amounts something utterly inconsequential to the topic? 

Yeah, that's not what this topic is about. Were that truly what this topic was about you would have stated that in your headline instead. Your headline, as well as statements you've made, give your intent away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

Renevent42

Wow way to make a complete fool of yourself. The obvious point is the term thug isn't something only applicable to blacks, and that there's no secret code 'whitey' is using. Beyond that, making a further leap in logic in that anyone is suggesting he deserved to die because someone may consider him a thug is asinine. You ought to punch yourself in the neck for making such a stupid response.

Here's a protip: learn how to discern sarcasm from seriousness. Interesting that in a discussion about a murder, your resort to using violent language.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I said *may* indicate, which indicates only possibility so yeah that's speculation...nothing wrong with that as I did not present it as a fact. That's not what this thread is about anyways, which that point is still sailing over your head like a 747.

Regarding if the jewelry is stolen or not...sure...maybe Martin's mystery friend simply found 12 pieces of woman's jewelry and the males watch, along with the screwdriver, on the ground and gave it to Martin to hold on to and he just never got a chance to report it to the right authorities :lol:

It's a possibility I suppose...that Martin didn't actually steal the items and was in fact just holding it...but let's not get carried away. That would still make him an accessory to a crime.

Now, are you going to actually address what the topic is actually about (conduct of the MDSPD) or just continue to harp on what really amounts something utterly inconsequential to the topic? 

Yeah, that's not what this topic is about. Were that truly what this topic was about you would have stated that in your headline instead. Your headline, as well as statements you've made, give your intent away.

Try actually reading the first post...I know you would rather assume and project but hey what can I do. Obviously you would rather just read a headline and assume from there, but you are flat out wrong.  The thread only went down this path because people like you continually brought this non-sense up and I was trying to respond to it best I could.

Here, I'll even post it again for your convenience.

Not crazy about the source of the article, but it's fairly well sourced including the actual police reports and statments from the involved officers.  Mainly concerning to me, it appears the head of the MDSPD was proactively trying to give the appearance of reduced crime by black males by basically shoving suspected crimes under the rug.

Obviously this doesn't have much to do with what occured with Zimmerman, but it's interesting none-the-less.

(anyone who can debunk aspects of the article are certainly welcomed to and encourage to do so)

veryfirstpostofthread

Beyond that, the title simply says:

"Interesting article covering stolen jewerly found in Trayvon Martin's backpack"

So yeah, again, you are just flat out wrong in your assumptions and it's biting you in the ass.  Just give it up already.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Some Americans must have been getting more and more embarrassed over the course of the past few years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5b78379493e12

My points are relevant to the overall point of the thread, whether you disagree with them or not. If you don't want complete discussion of a topic, don't bother posting.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Renevent42

My points are relevant to the overall point of the thread, whether you disagree with them or not. If you don't want complete discussion of a topic, don't bother posting.

jimkabrhel

They weren't relevant at all, and in the context of the back and fourth that started with Buck was clearly out in left field.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

mrbojangles25

give it a rest, Bucky, your racism and hypersensitivity is getting old.

Thugs are not black exclusive.  If anything, the Italians were thugs looooooooooong before anyone of african descent was :P

The Italians: Europe's black people. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I don't think any kind of logical person will say "oh well he was just human garbage who deserved to be killed." This is in contrast to the innocent black boy walking through the neighborhood, just eating candy and trying to get home claim. People acted like Martin was incapable of jumping Zimmerman or attacking Zimmerman first because he was such a good little kid. He wasn't, and he was capable. What actually happened to start it is unknown. You don't send people to prison for what might have happened. Zimmerman had the legal right to defend himself with lethal force, so he did nothing wrong in using that right. Of course, logical people would already have made that conclusion, so I guess it was illogical for me to type all that out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#78 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

That's news to me.  I hadnt heard anything about stolen jewerly.  Sure that article is legit?

wiopraek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 wiopraek
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

It's actually even older than that. Buck is just an ignorant racist. Either that or he's just a troll...but you know what they say about people pretending to be idiots lol.

jimkabrhel

Here's a protip: learn how to discern sarcasm from seriousness. Interesting that in a discussion about a murder, your resort to using violent language.

Only that it wasn't a murder. Killing, yes. Murder, no. Zimmerman was charged with murder, but he was acquitted. Remember? I truly pity people like you: Being vicious and slanderous, yet having the gall to constantly cry for the PC police. Given a brain, yet unable to do anything with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"] Wow way to make a complete fool of yourself. The obvious point is the term thug isn't something only applicable to blacks, and that there's no secret code 'whitey' is using. Beyond that, making a further leap in logic in that anyone is suggesting he deserved to die because someone may consider him a thug is asinine. You ought to punch yourself in the neck for making such a stupid response.wiopraek

Only that it wasn't a murder. Killing, yes. Murder, no. Zimmerman was charged with murder, but he was acquitted. Remember? I truly pity people like you: Being vicious and slanderous, yet having the gall to constantly cry for the PC police. Given a brain, yet unable to do anything with it.

Did you have to create an alt to post that in your own thread? That's pretty sad.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
Not to mention the crack sprinkled on his face. What a little monster who had his evil criminal career cut short.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Relevent.

fraternal-orders.png

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]I don't think any kind of logical person will say "oh well he was just human garbage who deserved to be killed." This is in contrast to the innocent black boy walking through the neighborhood, just eating candy and trying to get home claim. People acted like Martin was incapable of jumping Zimmerman or attacking Zimmerman first because he was such a good little kid. He wasn't, and he was capable. What actually happened to start it is unknown. You don't send people to prison for what might have happened. Zimmerman had the legal right to defend himself with lethal force, so he did nothing wrong in using that right. Of course, logical people would already have made that conclusion, so I guess it was illogical for me to type all that out.

When the media treats a case like this, prints innocent looking children pics and creates the popular conclusion before anything is even known about the case, our weak minded soceity will follow. Sadly, "Justice for Treyvon" is entertainment for most. A real life Reality Show. I wish I owned a clothing company. Hoodies would have made me a fortune. For others its an excuse to pull the race card against somebody who isn't even the race they are accusing them to be. If George Zimmermans name was something like Juan Martinez instead, this case might have made page 10 of a national news paper for a day or so. But "George Zimmerman". Must be a racist white man.
Aclar00_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Aclar00_basic
Member since 2002 • 906 Posts

Well and then there is this about Zimmerman... http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE86F0YV20120716

Suffice it to say, there are allegations of ill character on both ends.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Renevent42

Well and then there is this about Zimmerman... http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE86F0YV20120716

Suffice it to say, there are allegations of ill character on both ends.

Aclar00_basic
For sure, but honestly the thread wasn't trying to demonize anyone anyways...was more a story of the MDSPD but it seems people simply don't want to talk about that aspect.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
No one finds it weird that they find this out after the trial? The pigs have been framing minorities for centuries.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Renevent42
No one finds it weird that they find this out after the trial? The pigs have been framing minorities for centuries.MgamerBD
Are you referring to the molestation allegations? If so, check the date on the article.
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

Nobody is a hero in the Martin-Zimmerman case. If Zimmerman followed orders from the Police, Martin would probably still be alive

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Renevent42

Nobody is a hero in the Martin-Zimmerman case. If Zimmerman followed orders from the Police, Martin would probably still be alive

Wolf-Man2006

I wish people would please stop regurgitating that misinformation. They weren't orders and it wasn't the police who gave them it was a dispatcher which has zero authority. That whole line of thinking (if X didn't happen Y wouldn't either) is dumb anyways...one could say if Martin didn't straddle over Zimmerman and ground and pound him he would still be alive as well.

It's a complex situation that occured with many pieces of information where people do not know what happened, most importantly, who started the physcial confrontation.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"] I wish people would please stop regurgitating that misinformation. They weren't orders and it wasn't the police who gave them it was a dispatcher which has zero authority. That whole line of thinking (if X didn't happen Y wouldn't either) is dumb anyways...one could say if Martin didn't straddle over Zimmerman and ground and pound him he would still be alive as well.

Low informed people.......
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

How is anything I said an emotional response? It's observation on how each of those cases are treated by the media and the general public. We as a culture react to these crimes differently based on social status. 

There is also a need to justify a person's original reaction to the murder. It's a lot easier to deal with thoughts of "He's just a young black thug who probably was asking to get shot" if it's found that he smoked weed, wore hoodies, and had pictures taken with a gun. 

It goes both ways. People who immedately wanted to call this a hate crime would look to Zimmerman "profiling" Martin, which may or may not have been true. 

The truth of Martin's death lays somewhere in between all of that, and we'll never know all of it.

jimkabrhel

It's an emotional response because instead of actually addressing the content of the articles (and the possible misconduct by certain parties), you simply start talking about the murder and acting as if the thread is somehow trying to justify a murder and acting like this is "demonizing the dead" (appeal to emotion).

Leviathan address the charges of theft already, I didn't want to repeat them. Martin was not charged with theft, end of story.

And I'm not appealing to emotion. I being critical of emotional responses to this situation. 

Okay. But why all the denial?
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Wolf-Man2006

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

Renevent42

I wish people would please stop regurgitating that misinformation. They weren't orders and it wasn't the police who gave them it was a dispatcher which has zero authority. That whole line of thinking (if X didn't happen Y wouldn't either) is dumb anyways...one could say if Martin didn't straddle over Zimmerman and ground and pound him he would still be alive as well.

There are some major problems with what you just said:

1. 9/11 Dispatcher = Police.

2. When Zimmerman reported Martin to the police, they specifically told him NOT to follow him. Zimmerman followed Martin, disobeying orders.

3. We will never know what really happened other than Zimmerman reached for his gun and shot Martin. Apparently Martin saw Zimmerman outside his home (Dad's fiancee's house) and became angry and probably tried to scare him off. He probably either saw the gun and tried to go for it or Zimmerman pulled it, we will never really know. This was his home. If you are walking home and suddenly a large guy is stalking you, please tell me different.

4. IF Zimmerman didn't have the gun, then Martin wouldn't have went for it. That's still Zimmerman's fault. He was a neighborhood watch, not Rorschach from Watchmen.. He was supposed to report suspicious activity and get out of there.

5. Zimmerman is a bigger person than Martin.. He couldn't use his fists as opposed to a firearm?... Zimmerman had a 30 pound advantage over Martin while also possessing boxing skills, among others. According to witnesses, they just faced each other with Martin throwing the first punch, until Zimmerman pulled the gun.

That whole line of thinking (that you listed as "dumb") certainly APPLIES here. Because the bottom line is, it didn't appear Martin was doing anything illegal. If Zimmerman just stayed behind instead of following Martin, this wouldn't have happened.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts
In this specific case the 9-1-1 operator was not the police or a police officer and as such can not give a lawful command.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Renevent42

[QUOTE="Renevent42"][QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

Wolf-Man2006

2. When Zimmerman reported Martin to the police, they specifically told him NOT to follow him. Zimmerman followed Martin, disobeying orders.

3. We will never know what really happened other than Zimmerman reached for his gun and shot Martin. Apparently Martin saw Zimmerman outside his home (Dad's fiancee's house) and became angry and probably tried to scare him off. He probably either saw the gun and tried to go for it or Zimmerman pulled it, we will never really know. This was his home. If you are walking home and suddenly a large guy is stalking you, please tell me different.

4. IF Zimmerman didn't have the gun, then Martin wouldn't have went for it. That's still Zimmerman's fault. He was a neighborhood watch, not Rorschach from Watchmen.. He was supposed to report suspicious activity and get out of there.

5. Zimmerman is a bigger person than Martin.. He couldn't use his fists as opposed to a firearm?... Zimmerman had a 30 pound advantage over Martin while also possessing boxing skills, among others. According to witnesses, they just faced each other with Martin throwing the first punch, until Zimmerman pulled the gun.

That whole line of thinking (that you listed as "dumb") certainly APPLIES here. Because the bottom line is, it didn't appear Martin was doing anything illegal. If Zimmerman just stayed behind instead of following Martin, this wouldn't have happened.

/facepalm I'd go in detail but getting tired of refuting this same misinformation. I'd suggest to actually google what authority a dispatcher actually has, in addition to what what the dispatcher actually said. (hint, they legally don't give orders). Believe what you want though, doesn't matter I guess.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Renevent42

In this specific case the 9-1-1 operator was not the police or a police officer and as such can not give a lawful command. Solaryellow
I'm finding that no matter what you do you simply can't educate these people and they just believe whatever it is they want.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Wolf-Man2006

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

[QUOTE="Renevent42"] I wish people would please stop regurgitating that misinformation. They weren't orders and it wasn't the police who gave them it was a dispatcher which has zero authority. That whole line of thinking (if X didn't happen Y wouldn't either) is dumb anyways...one could say if Martin didn't straddle over Zimmerman and ground and pound him he would still be alive as well.Renevent42

/facepalm I'd go in detail but getting tired of refuting this same misinformation. I'd suggest to actually google what authority a dispatcher actually has, in addition to what what the dispatcher actually said. (hint, they legally don't give orders). Believe what you want though, doesn't matter I guess.

First off, what are you refuting? Unless I missed something, you haven't been saying anything. Just the same garbage that I read whenever somebody tries to defend Zimmerman's actions. I read the transcript several time. The Dispatcher specifically said not to follow him. I'm pretty sure listening to the Dispatcher would be actually HELPFUL, so you don't end up in the wrong like Zimmerman. Doesn't matter since Martin is dead.