Inaugural OT Olympics - OP updated 7/18/13 with scores and 2nd challenge info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

LINK TO SIGN-UP THREAD

2nd challenge information:

The second challenge is to write a short story involving hartsickdiscipl and aliens. The protagonist does not necessarily have to be hart (though it can be him), as it could be an alien instead, or perhaps a 3rd party that interacts with both hart and aliens, or whatever else you can think of. The important thing is that hart and aliens are prominent aspects of the plot. It can be written in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person. There is no minimum or maximum word limit.

The story must be submitted to me (private message) no later than 11:59 PM EST, July 25, 2013.

Here is the current score placement:

[spoiler]

1st - dave123321 - 5 points

2nd (tie) - Communist_Soul - 4 points

2nd (tie) - dramaybaz - 4 points

4th - chessmaster1989 - 2 points

5th - mmwmwmmwmwmm - 1 points

6th (tie) - nomsayin - 0 points

6th (tie) - MissLibrarian - 0 points

6th (tie) - brucewayne69 - 0 points

6th (tie) - Chow_Mein_Kampf - 0 points

6th (tie) - lightleggy - 0 points

The scoring system is 5 points for 1st place, 4 points for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, and 1 for 5th. [/spoiler]

Here are the results of the first challenge (journal entry written from the perspective of LJS)

[spoiler] Communist_Soul's submission - 2nd place (tie) - awarded 4 points

On vacation now... Lai continues to obsess with me with his "challenges"... What a joke... lol.gifCommunist_Soul

dave123321's submission - 1st place - awarded 5 points

Lately I find myself watching television and checking out other sites while waiting for OT to wake up and have some interesting topics. I don't mind the repetitive topics as they can still be interesting. However, most of the regular posters seem to either be banned or stop in rarely. This would not be quite as bad if any of the new posters were interesting. As it stands...they are not. I haven't seen any personality develop amongst the newer posters that have bombarded the board lately. They are quite interchangeable and bland. Maybe OT just lost it's allure. Here's to hoping it comes back...soon. I hate TV it's a wasteland.submission 2

mmwmwmmwmwmm's submission - 5th place - awarded 1 points

There is good reason to believe that the irony is that it's most niddering criticisms are also its most pesky. As the French say, "Les extremes se touchent." One could truthfully say that it's assertions are tinctured with fanaticism. But saying that would miss the real point, which is that I myself want nothing more - or less - than to force it into deserved bankruptcy. To that task I have consecrated my life and I invite you to do likewise.submission 3

chessmaster1989's submission - 4th place - awarded 2 points

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................submission 4

dramaybaz's submission - 2nd place (tie) - awarded 4 points

I am right, you are wrong. Semantics etc etc .............................submission 5
[/spoiler]

General Olympics information

[spoiler] I am founding and hosting the OT Olympics, a new annual event that will occur each summer. In this event OT's posters will compete to see who is the greatest olympian. Special awards will be granted to the first, second, and third place finishers of each challenge. After the final challenge has been completed, the individual scores/placements will be aggregated and the winner will be named OT's Champion of the Gods.

For this event we will need both olympians (to compete) and judges (to score). As host I will be organizing the challenges. Participants may not function as both olympians and judges. If you would like to decline participating in a challenge then you may choose to judge for that round instead if there is a shortage of judges. However, if you do not compete in each challenge then it is likely that you will not be crowned Champion of the Gods.

There will be 4 challenges, and a window of a week will be open to submissions for each of them. Once one challenge's week ends, the next begins, and judges will use that time to grade submissions from the previous challenge. I expect the entire Olympics to last about 5 weeks, from the opening of the first challenge to the posting of the final scores.

All submissions will be sent to me, and I will send them to the judges so that they may be anonymously graded.

Please use this thread to discuss potential challenge ideas, or anything else concerning the OT Olympics. I am working out details for what the first challenge will be, and my decisions concerning the management/organization of the games are final, but your input is still highly appreciated as I intend to make the Olympics an enjoyable event for anyone who chooses to participate in it.

The rules and deadline for the first event will be posted no later than Sunday, July 7, 2013.

Please use the official sign-up thread to state whether you would like to compete as an olympian or serve as a judge. Please keep in mind that we will need 5 judges for each event.

Do not be intimidated about judging, because you will not have to actually score each submission. I will evenly divide the submissions amongst the 5 judges who will each pick a top submission and send it back to me. There will then be a 24 hour voting period where all participants will vote for their favourites of the top 5 submissions. The results of this vote will be the final scores for each individual challenge.

The OT Olympics begin now.

otolympics2_zpsfd3eb909.jpg

olympic-games-statue-discus1.jpg

[/spoiler]

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
A bake off. Making cupcakes that best represent a specific user other then themselves or a teammate. Online scrabble tournament Write a story featuring OT members.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dave123321
I will be gone from the 12th to the 25th.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
No
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dave123321
NoLJS9502_basic
Please give lai a chance
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

We should have a challenge where we have to find pictures of hot guys and girls on google images!

...nah jk only an idiot would think that'd be a good challenge for a competition.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Nodave123321
Please give lai a chance

Lai disappoints.....
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321
Jacob's a moron
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Laihendi

We should have a challenge where we have to find pictures of hot guys and girls on google images!

...nah jk only an idiot would think that'd be a good challenge for a competition.

DJ-Lafleur
I agree. That would not at all be a good idea for a challenge.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]NoLJS9502_basic
Please give lai a chance

Lai disappoints.....

This could be a nice change of pace if people actually participated and have fun
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Seraphy-
Member since 2011 • 1562 Posts
this will be like that one episode of South Park about steroid abuse
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
this will be like that one episode of South Park about steroid abuseSeraphy-
Is that good or bad?
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Seraphy-
[QUOTE="Seraphy-"]this will be like that one episode of South Park about steroid abuseLJS9502_basic
Is that good or bad?

bad if you're involved but good for everyone else
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Seraphy-
nah j/k TDH has had their own olympics which went really well you get some entertaining content out of "draw a picture", "write a short story", etc. challenges
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Seraphy-"]nah j/k TDH has had their own olympics which went really well you get some entertaining content out of "draw a picture", "write a short story", etc. challenges

So Lai stole the idea and self appointed himself....again.
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Seraphy-
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Seraphy-"]nah j/k TDH has had their own olympics which went really well you get some entertaining content out of "draw a picture", "write a short story", etc. challenges

we actually stole the idea from a different forum too, soooo yeah besides you want someone like lai to host this; his organizational skills and inability to give up are invaluable to this sort of thing
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Laihendi
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Seraphy-"]nah j/k TDH has had their own olympics which went really well you get some entertaining content out of "draw a picture", "write a short story", etc. challenges

You have no grounds to complain about me choosing myself as host considering that this event would not even be happening if I had not decided to host it. If you want to participate, then please do so. If not, then please accept it and stop complaining.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Seraphy-"]nah j/k TDH has had their own olympics which went really well you get some entertaining content out of "draw a picture", "write a short story", etc. challenges

You have no grounds to complain about me choosing myself as host considering that this event would not even be happening if I had not decided to host it. If you want to participate, then please do so. If not, then please accept it and stop complaining.

That is not a bad thing. And don't tell me what I can and cannot do. Don't you have some book to write or something?
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Seraphy-
[QUOTE="Laihendi"] You have no grounds to complain about me choosing myself as host considering that this event would not even be happening if I had not decided to host it. If you want to participate, then please do so. If not, then please accept it and stop complaining.

atta boy, lai you have the makings of a true host in you
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Seraphy-"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Seraphy-"]nah j/k TDH has had their own olympics which went really well you get some entertaining content out of "draw a picture", "write a short story", etc. challenges

we actually stole the idea from a different forum too, soooo yeah besides you want someone like lai to host this; his organizational skills and inability to give up are invaluable to this sort of thing

Eh. We'll have to agree to disagree....
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Laihendi
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] So Lai stole the idea and self appointed himself....again.

That is not a bad thing. And don't tell me what I can and cannot do. Don't you have some book to write or something?

I am not telling; I am requesting. That is why I said "please". That said, there is no reason for you to complain about something you do not even have to involve yourself with. Also, my work as OTcars host was highly praised so I am well qualified to manage this event. And I thank you for your support Sera.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] You have no grounds to complain about me choosing myself as host considering that this event would not even be happening if I had not decided to host it. If you want to participate, then please do so. If not, then please accept it and stop complaining.

I am not telling; I am requesting. That is why I said "please". That said, there is no reason for you to complain about something you do not even have to involve yourself with. Also, my work as OTcars host was highly praised so I am well qualified to manage this event. And I thank you for your support Sera.

Highly praised? You might want to rethink that Lai.:lol:
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dave123321
As a tdh spokesperson, I will say that lai informed us of this plan of his and that he has our blessing. Much like ultrazero and his mafia game.
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Seraphy-
Eh. We'll have to agree to disagree....LJS9502_basic
if you had seen the TDH version, which I happened to have hosted personally, you would agree I only had to handle like 15 people and that was a giant clusterf*ck of confusion and screaming and drawn pictures of dicks, mostly because I have the work ethic of a sloth's shadow though I suppose OT is far less likely to instigate such forms of riot to begin with
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dave123321
Despite ultra injecting his input into his hosting of the OTcars, he did a pretty good job of doing the legwork of the competition. Went smoothly for the most part.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Eh. We'll have to agree to disagree....Seraphy-
if you had seen the TDH version, which I happened to have hosted personally, you would agree I only had to handle like 15 people and that was a giant clusterf*ck of confusion and screaming and drawn pictures of dicks, mostly because I have the work ethic of a sloth's shadow though I suppose OT is far less likely to instigate such forms of riot to begin with

OT - "it's okay host, take your time. I'm sure whatever you think up will be fine." :)

TDH - "NEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOST"

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dave123321
Lately tdh competitions never make it past a halfhearted sign up thread and discussion of when to start
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Eh. We'll have to agree to disagree....Seraphy-

OT is kind of dull and slow now....
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Seraphy-
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]OT - "it's okay host, take your time. I'm sure whatever you think up will be fine." :) TDH - "NEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOSTNEWHOST"

OT: "Here host, I finished my picture of a dick within the three day period you gave us! :D " TDH: "dude what whose dick am I drawing is this like a self portrait thing whoooaaaa paint is so complicated ... HOW DO I INTO TESTICLES hey host I need another week"
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Seraphy-"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Eh. We'll have to agree to disagree....LJS9502_basic

The purpose of this event is to stimulate activity/interest on this board over the next several weeks.
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Seraphy-
OT is kind of dull and slow now....LJS9502_basic
well why'd you go and let a thing like that happen
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Seraphy-"]if you had seen the TDH version, which I happened to have hosted personally, you would agree I only had to handle like 15 people and that was a giant clusterf*ck of confusion and screaming and drawn pictures of dicks, mostly because I have the work ethic of a sloth's shadow though I suppose OT is far less likely to instigate such forms of riot to begin with

The purpose of this event is to stimulate activity/interest on this board over the next several weeks.

Lai...I'll be honest with you....you're kind of boring.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]OT is kind of dull and slow now....Seraphy-
well why'd you go and let a thing like that happen

Too boring here to care.:P
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dave123321
Think of a competition, lj.
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
Godspeed, lai. Don't let the negative nancys bring you down
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Think of a competition, lj. dave123321
See who can get banned first?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]OT is kind of dull and slow now....LJS9502_basic

It is the events themselves that have to be interesting, not the host. My role is strictly organization/management.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dave123321
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Think of a competition, lj. LJS9502_basic

Mods would lock this.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] The purpose of this event is to stimulate activity/interest on this board over the next several weeks.

It is the events themselves that have to be interesting, not the host. My role is strictly organization/management.

Dude...you have to inspire confidence and generate excitement.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dave123321"]Think of a competition, lj. dave123321

Mods would lock this.

Well you're not supposed to tell them...
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dave123321
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Lai...I'll be honest with you....you're kind of boring.

People also have to be open to giving lai a chance and not be dismissive from the get go
Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Seraphy-
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Dude...you have to inspire confidence and generate excitement.

I have to agree a little with LJ here need bright lights etc. etc. to entertain the simpletons but no one learned how to ride a bike their first time
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
OT Abstinence: Who can refrain from posting on GS the longest? Rules: At Designated time all participants cease posting. Only allowed to post once every 24 hours in designated thread as a check-in Last person to not post wins!
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] It is the events themselves that have to be interesting, not the host. My role is strictly organization/management.

People also have to be open to giving lai a chance and not be dismissive from the get go

I saw his OTcars and his long self indulgent and boring OP therein....
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
I thought that said the Hungover OT Olympics..lol
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cool_baller
I thought that said the Hungover OT Olympics..lolquadraleap
Close...
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Laihendi
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Dude...you have to inspire confidence and generate excitement.

My OTcars speech was highly thought-provoking and it was very well received by the general community. Also, I am working on an OT Olympics emblem right now. And I thank Zero for his support.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dave123321
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Dude...you have to inspire confidence and generate excitement.

Lj, please leave us alone and let us be :(
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cool_baller
Zero is a great guy.