Inaugural OT Olympics - OP updated 7/18/13 with scores and 2nd challenge info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Iszdope (9989 posts) -

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Yes, I have one that you are are welcome to experience, first. hand...or should I say head?quadraleap

Yikes?

Hmm.

263is1s.gif

:shock:

Oi !

Poor Kenny Koala.

#102 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
What kinds of games are we looking at here?charizard1605
Potential ideas are making pictures with an OT theme, perhaps concerning prominent users/events that have occurred here. Another possibility is writing a short story about OT posters, perhaps a short comic, etc. Any suggestions for challenges are welcome here. It has to be something that a person could easily complete within the period of a week.
#103 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]<

It is an exceptional emblem and it successfully captures the spirit of this event.

Laihendi

Lai that is just the Olympics logo. Why don't we leave it to one of the more artistically inclined members to make it? Also the font on the numbers and letters clash but that should be a really simple fix.

That is a very interesting contrast of fonts. It is very advanced aesthetically. If someone else wants to make something better then I encourage him/her to do so and post it here.

It's advanced aesthetically alright but not in the positive direction. Also the IOC are real grinches when it comes to trademark infringement and while very unlikely could cause this to get shutdown by GS. Could change it up and have the rings instead be Gs or something so it at least isn't a total knock off.
#104 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Lai that is just the Olympics logo. Why don't we leave it to one of the more artistically inclined members to make it? Also the font on the numbers and letters clash but that should be a really simple fix.Ace6301

That is a very interesting contrast of fonts. It is very advanced aesthetically. If someone else wants to make something better then I encourage him/her to do so and post it here.

It's advanced aesthetically alright but not in the positive direction. Also the IOC are real grinches when it comes to trademark infringement and while very unlikely could cause this to get shutdown by GS. Could change it up and have the rings instead be Gs or something so it at least isn't a total knock off.

I am going to make something new later today.
#105 Posted by airshocker (29695 posts) -

ITT people are trying way too hard.

#106 Posted by jimkabrhel (15419 posts) -

airshocker

Starts with the TC. 

#107 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

jimkabrhel

Starts with the TC. 

Why do you complain about everything? Trying hard to do something well is a good thing.
#108 Posted by thebest31406 (3377 posts) -
Lai, you're something else.
#109 Posted by EmpCom (3451 posts) -
What a load of bollocks this is
#110 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
Lai, you're something else. thebest31406
I thank you for your recognition of my distinctive qualities. I recommend that you sign-up for the olympics, preferably as an olympian (there is a link to the sign-up thread in the OP). You could be OT's first Champion of the Gods. And EmpCom, this is not a load of bollocks. This could be the greatest thing that has happened here in a long time.
#111 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Maybe a competition can be to try and get lj to care about something on OT. LJS9502_basic
Can you win that one dave?

Are you always this depressing? Bloody hell man, lighten up.
#112 Posted by EmpCom (3451 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dave123321"]Maybe a competition can be to try and get lj to care about something on OT. MonoSilver
Can you win that one dave?

Are you always this depressing? Bloody hell man, lighten up.

I find calling it Lgs does the trick
#113 Posted by thebest31406 (3377 posts) -
[QUOTE="thebest31406"]Lai, you're something else. Laihendi
I thank you for your recognition of my distinctive qualities. I recommend that you sign-up for the olympics, preferably as an olympian (there is a link to the sign-up thread in the OP). You could be OT's first Champion of the Gods. And EmpCom, this is not a load of bollocks. This could be the greatest thing that has happened here in a long time.

You are welcome. Now, what would I be doing exactly?
#114 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="thebest31406"]Lai, you're something else. thebest31406

That will depend on the challenges. A challenge might call on you to draw a picture, write a short story, compose a haiku, or something like that. I will post information on the first challenge later this week and I am open to any suggestions that people offer. The idea is for the challenge to be relevant to OT, and something that everyone can easily make time for within the period of a week.
#115 Posted by thebest31406 (3377 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I thank you for your recognition of my distinctive qualities. I recommend that you sign-up for the olympics, preferably as an olympian (there is a link to the sign-up thread in the OP). You could be OT's first Champion of the Gods. And EmpCom, this is not a load of bollocks. This could be the greatest thing that has happened here in a long time.

That will depend on the challenges. A challenge might call on you to draw a picture, write a short story, compose a haiku, or something like that. I will post information on the first challenge later this week and I am open to any suggestions that people offer. The idea is for the challenge to be relevant to OT, and something that everyone can easily make time for within the period of a week.

Well I can't draw for shit. Eh, I'll consider it.
#116 Posted by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

I am totally joining this. C'mon guys, man up. 

#117 Posted by jimkabrhel (15419 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Laihendi

Starts with the TC. 

Why do you complain about everything? Trying hard to do something well is a good thing.

Because you are not a good leader. You are focused too much on yourself and not on making sure that everyone enjoys themselves. These things should be for fun. The OTcars, the Film Club, you just take the fun out of it by either injecting politics, or pushing your own desires on the process.

I'm guessing this is an extension of something that happened on TDH during the Olympics. You want to be able to controls something more so it comes out the way you want it.

#118 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -

I am totally joining this. C'mon guys, man up. 

nomsayin
You have been added to the roster. I look forward to seeing you compete.
#119 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Starts with the TC. 

jimkabrhel

Because you are not a good leader. You are focused too much on yourself and not on making sure that everyone enjoys themselves. These things should be for fun. The OTcars, the Film Club, you just take the fun out of it by either injecting politics, or pushing your own desires on the process.

I'm guessing this is an extension of something that happened on TDH during the Olympics. You want to be able to controls something more so it comes out the way you want it.

The Olympics are for fun. You are the one making it not fun by making up things to complain about. If you would stop complaining about what you speculate my motives to be with the OTcars, film club, and now this, and instead just participate in the events then you might actually enjoy them. There is literally no reason for you to complain, because no one forces you to participate in any of these events; I just make them available in case you do want to participate. You are making up excuses to complain simply because you like complaining.

#120 Posted by jimkabrhel (15419 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Why do you complain about everything? Trying hard to do something well is a good thing.Laihendi

The Olympics are for fun. You are the one making it not fun by making up things to complain about. If you would stop complaining about what you speculate my motives to be with the OTcars, film club, and now this, and instead just participate in the events then you might actually enjoy them. There is literally no reason for you to complain, because no one forces you to participate in any of these events; I just make them available in case you do want to participate. You are making up excuses to complain simply because you like complaining.

You got me. I'm just a cranky old man. I'm certainly the only person here who doesn't think you will do a good job, so I'll leave it alone.

#121 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
People really need to let things go and give lai a chance. He seems open to suggestions about the kind of events this will consist of and having us give out input in making this work. You can see that in lai's willingness to have the logo changed.
#122 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -

Starts with the TC. 

jimkabrhel

Lai has been generally good on tdh. He didn't try to overextend his role during tdh's Olympics. The tdh thing ended prematurely after Jacob(host) made a contest where everyone had to send him picture of hot girls/guys. People didn't appreciate that competition. Since then there has been an attempt to start a new game, but no one really took the initiative to push through and start things up beyond this kind of thread. Lai then tried to salvage the idea here since the tdh one wasn't going anywhere.
#123 Posted by jimkabrhel (15419 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Why do you complain about everything? Trying hard to do something well is a good thing.dave123321

Lai has been generally good on tdh. He didn't try to overextend his role during tdh's Olympics. The tdh thing ended prematurely after Jacob(host) made a contest where everyone had to send him picture of hot girls/guys. People didn't appreciate that competition. Since then there has been an attempt to start a new game, but no one really took the initiative to push through and start things up beyond this kind of thread. Lai then tried to salvage the idea here since the tdh one wasn't going anywhere.

Fair enough.

#124 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
Maybe drawing something can be the first event. Something funny based on OT.
#125 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Signed up. Would've like to be an Olympian but without an idea of what the games are I decided to judge. All in all I think this is a good idea. If people let loose and have fun with this it could increase some activity in OT.
#126 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -

Starts with the TC. 

jimkabrhel

I like you.......
#127 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Why do you complain about everything? Trying hard to do something well is a good thing.LJS9502_basic

I like you.......

Lai isn't the one taking the fun out of this thread
#128 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
Lighten up everyone. Lets have fun
#129 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

dave123321
I like you.......

This thread has been shit since the OP. Lai is NOT a good host of anything. I don't get your fascination with him.
#130 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I like you.......

This thread has been shit since the OP. Lai is NOT a good host of anything. I don't get your fascination with him.

Thread is fine. Op is fine. Just let it go already
#131 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
Online scrabble is a good game for a round, Lai. Easy to play and participate. Of this is a team thing, then we can have teams pick a member to play. OT maybe set up something else with multiple team members.
#132 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dave123321"] Lai isn't the one taking the fun out of this thread

Thread is fine. Op is fine. Just let it go already

I had. But you since you got shitty......I replied. Want to blame someone,...blame yourself.+. Lai is one of the reasons this forums has sunk to suckiness. ALL his posts are for self aggrandizement. Seriously that long rant for the OTcars thread? You want to kiss up to his ego....good on you. But don't complain when others disagree with you.
#134 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
Anyway. How has your Tuesday been?
#135 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -
Drop it dave123321
Oh you've become one of those. I shall go back to ignore. Good day.
#136 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
There are also other online games we can play other then multiplayer games. Solo games where we post our highscores(taking a screencap of it)
#137 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Drop it LJS9502_basic
Oh you've become one of those. I shall go back to ignore. Good day.

One of what? Sorry for coming off as rude.
#138 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

I will be a spectator. I have neither the will to participate nor the patience to judge people. I will, however, post in on events that have piqued my interest.

Question to mods reading this thread: Are forums games allowed now?

#139 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
Deleted that for a reason
#140 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
I apologize if I came off as overly negative
#141 Posted by MissLibrarian (9589 posts) -

Monkey see, monkey do, eh Laihendi?

I strongly suggest that in the spirit of true Olympic cross-community tradition we should encourage TDHers and SWers to participate also.

#142 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Got my Testosterone cypionate and Dianabol g2g.

Lets go.

15d9.jpg

#143 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
Getting sw involved could be good
#144 Posted by jimkabrhel (15419 posts) -

I apologize if I came off as overly negativedave123321

It's nice that you support Lai, whatever your reasons, but he doesn't have a good track record for keeping things fun. An Olympics is a decent idea if the right games are chosen and people are allowed to have fun with it.

#145 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Getting sw involved could be gooddave123321

Could be akin to soccer.

#146 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Getting sw involved could be goodSirWander

Could be akin to soccer.

Then it's the GS Olympics...not OT. :P
#147 Posted by MissLibrarian (9589 posts) -
Getting sw involved could be gooddave123321
TDHers are experienced vets who could bring a challenge. Also there should be teams.
#148 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -
One wonders why not post at TDH then if it's your cup of tea and not here. Hmmm....
#149 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

Got my Testosterone cypionate and Dianabol g2g.

Lets go.

15d9.jpg

Fightingfan

pu*sy

#150 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]I apologize if I came off as overly negativejimkabrhel

It's nice that you support Lai, whatever your reasons, but he doesn't have a good track record for keeping things fun. An Olympics is a decent idea if the right games are chosen and people are allowed to have fun with it.

Lai's track record is poor, but his film club showed some openness near the end. His actions so far in this thread have been at least pretending to be more open to ideas then his film thread ever was. Hopefully lai can get sw involved since that place is very active and we can get people joining so lai can start the game.