I just don't see how it's theoretically possible to disprove God's existence

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Indeed it is. The laymans definition of a theory (and what you so stupidly think things like evolution and the "bing bang" are) is closer to a hypothesis than a scientific theory. A scientific theory is an overarching explination of a set of facts. It's the highest level of explination that you can reach in science. (you can't jump from theory to law like many people mistakenly believe)

Guybrush_3

explination? Really this guy must be an idiot.

And even with what you just said. That just proves that the Big Bang THeory and Evolution are more of hypotheses and not even theory, which as you say are closer to fact than a hypothesis.

And Heliocentrism was a theory, and I wouldn't say it's a law, but it turned out to be known as a fact. I'm sure you can still find someone out there that believes the Earth is the center of the universe.

You cannot prove the Big Bang theory as a fact. Just because the universe is expanding, that doesn't mean it's a fact. And even with that, where did those few particles originate from? Where did the first ever thing in the universe come from? Where did God come from. These are questions we will never know.

So you atheists keep believing whatever you want as fact, and everyone else will keep believing what they think is fact. You must have such a great life arguing with everyone about religion and calling them stupid for not believing the same thing as you.

You're a f*cking moron for ignoring facts, not for believing in god. You're a god damn little kid with your fingers in your ears yelling "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" You clearly don't understand the difference between theories, laws, and hypothesises. You don't even understand what the big bang theory encompasses. The big bang theory is the explination of the early evolution of the universe, not the origin of the universe, and it's correct, but you're too f*cking locked in your own little world to notice.

http://xkcd.com/54/

I completely disagree. I'm am open for your ideas. and I am listening. But you are the ones rejecting everything I give you. Saying it's stupid to believe in God, saying everything but what I think is false.

I am not locked onto my little world. I'm trying to give you a new perspective and you all just throw it in the trash.

Do you honestly believe everything you heard from scientists and all these theories and hypotheses? Do you honestly believe every little thing about them? I don't, and I honestly don't believe every little thing about the Bible or religion. And I question a lot of things. But even with all that, I still believe in God. I'm not even Christian, but I beleive in God. You believe in a theory, yes it has some facts involved. So does Religion. Maybe I don't know exactly what the Big bang theory is, but you definitely don't know much about anything else besides your little theories.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

Because it took faith to even believe that the sun was the center of the universe

Guybrush_3

No it didn't you moron, it took math. All it took was math to discover that the earth rotated around the sun (not the center of the universe dumbass) No faith required as the evidence was as plain as day (as it is with the big bang theory)

You don't know what faith is. Good day.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
Maybe I don't know exactly what the Big bang theory isgotdangit
LMAO nice to see a religious idiot who is actually honestly about their complete scientific illiteracy
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 gotdangit

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="gotdangit"]Because it took faith to even believe that the sun was the center of the universe, it took faith to follow through with all these mathematical equations to figure it out.MrPraline
HOLY SH*T YOU THINK THAT THE SUN I- someone hold me

/hug

I believe in Heliocentrism, not that the sun is the center of the entire universe.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]There are some things that can't be explained by science. MrPraline
True. It would be arrogant to claim we understand everything about the universe as complex as it f*cking is. Who would be so arro-

Some religious people and some atheists.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Maybe I don't know exactly what the Big bang theory is, but you definitely don't know much about anything else besides your little theories.gotdangit
Lol. Speaking with authority, this guy.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="gotdangit"]There are some things that can't be explained by science. WiiCubeM1

True. It would be arrogant to claim we understand everything about the universe as complex as it f*cking is. Who would be so arro-

Which atheists claim they understand everything about the universe?
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] True. It would be arrogant to claim we understand everything about the universe as complex as it f*cking is. Who would be so arro-MrPraline

A couple I argued with back in January. I'll see if I can find the posts.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]explination? Really this guy must be an idiot.

And even with what you just said. That just proves that the Big Bang THeory and Evolution are more of hypotheses and not even theory, which as you say are closer to fact than a hypothesis.

And Heliocentrism was a theory, and I wouldn't say it's a law, but it turned out to be known as a fact. I'm sure you can still find someone out there that believes the Earth is the center of the universe.

You cannot prove the Big Bang theory as a fact. Just because the universe is expanding, that doesn't mean it's a fact. And even with that, where did those few particles originate from? Where did the first ever thing in the universe come from? Where did God come from. These are questions we will never know.

So you atheists keep believing whatever you want as fact, and everyone else will keep believing what they think is fact. You must have such a great life arguing with everyone about religion and calling them stupid for not believing the same thing as you.

gotdangit

WTF are you saying?

A misspelling does not invalidate his argument.

A hypothesis is an educated guess based on simple observation. After the hypothesis is tested in a way that can be universally repoduced, and tested extensively, one is able to reach a connclusion. A theory is composed of MANY hypotheses that have been extensively tested, refined, and proven to be correct, it is the closest thing to fact that exists.

Heliocentrism was a theory because it was based off several hypotheses that were proven to be true. Scientists observed the rotation of celestial bodies and hypothesizedthat the earth rotated around the sun. They then performed mathematic testing and obsrevation and when they had determined that to be the truth based on all present evidence it became theory.

You can prove heliocentrism as a scientific fact. You're simply demanding a level of certainty that we don't know even exists, and then when science inevitably fails to live up to that standard you dismiss it as faith.

Who says there was a fisrt thing ever in the universe? There's no evidence for a first cause.

I'm glad you caught that. Because I said Bing Bang theory, a typo a little while ago, and instead of actually listening to my argument. Everyone jumps on that little typo and invalidates my argument. So tell that to them, not me. I was just returning the favor.

There are some things that can't be explained by science. There are some things that can't be explained by religion. And I wasn't doubting heliocentrism. I was saying it started as a theory. And I do call it faith. Because it took faith to even believe that the sun was the center of the universe, it took faith to follow through with all these mathematical equations to figure it out. If you had no faith in the matter, and no one had any faith in the matter, why would it continue? IT wouldn't.

Have faith in your theories and hypotheses, and continue doing what you do, but some of your theories can never be considered fact.

Saying that there are things that can't be explained by science is an unfalsifiable claim, in orther words illogical. Because science can explain everything within experience, the only things that cannot be explained by science are outside experience and therefore one cannot make a positive claim of knowledge about these things. There may be things that cannot be explained by science, but they are completely unkown to us and require FAITH, whereas since science deals with experience and what can be known it requires no faith.

Heliocentrism did not start as a theory, it started as a hypothesis. Lurn 2 reed.

It did not take faith to believe the sun was the center of the solar system, it took observation. Again, lurn 2 reed.

It did not take faith to follow through with these mathematical equations, it took a desire for knowledge, i.e. the exact opposite of faith. Scientists wish to figure out the truth, whether that means confirming their claims or proving them to be false.

Science does not need faith, thanks for playing.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]Maybe I don't know exactly what the Big bang theory isFunky_Llama
LMAO nice to see a religious idiot who is actually honestly about their complete scientific illiteracy

Nice to see an atheist complete every single stereotype there is in one entity.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

Because it took faith to even believe that the sun was the center of the universe

gotdangit

No it didn't you moron, it took math. All it took was math to discover that the earth rotated around the sun (not the center of the universe dumbass) No faith required as the evidence was as plain as day (as it is with the big bang theory)

Faith: a belief not based on evidence. There was evidence that the earth rotated around the sun. There is evidence that the universe explanded from a singularity. There is no evidence that god exists. (and by evidence I mean something testable, not the thousands of years old work of shepards who didn't even understand the concept of science)

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

WiiCubeM1

Hah. Don't bother if it's too much trouble, I can believe there are crazies everywhere. Just seems a bit anti-science to claim to have an ultimate end all answer to everything.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

gotdangit

You're a f*cking moron for ignoring facts, not for believing in god. You're a god damn little kid with your fingers in your ears yelling "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" You clearly don't understand the difference between theories, laws, and hypothesises. You don't even understand what the big bang theory encompasses. The big bang theory is the explination of the early evolution of the universe, not the origin of the universe, and it's correct, but you're too f*cking locked in your own little world to notice.

I completely disagree. I'm am open for your ideas. and I am listening. But you are the ones rejecting everything I give you. Saying it's stupid to believe in God, saying everything but what I think is false.

I am not locked onto my little world. I'm trying to give you a new perspective and you all just throw it in the trash.

Do you honestly believe everything you heard from scientists and all these theories and hypotheses? Do you honestly believe every little thing about them? I don't, and I honestly don't believe every little thing about the Bible or religion. And I question a lot of things. But even with all that, I still believe in God. I'm not even Christian, but I beleive in God. You believe in a theory, yes it has some facts involved. So does Religion. Maybe I don't know exactly what the Big bang theory is, but you definitely don't know much about anything else besides your little theories.

Stop equating theories and hypothesises. They are not even close to the same thing.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

in the entirety of human existence not one supernatural event has ever occurred yet the universe is created in whole from nothing but the supernatural?

really?

jesus people there is no such thing as magic, you live in the 21st flipping century. grow up.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

WTF are you saying?

A misspelling does not invalidate his argument.

A hypothesis is an educated guess based on simple observation. After the hypothesis is tested in a way that can be universally repoduced, and tested extensively, one is able to reach a connclusion. A theory is composed of MANY hypotheses that have been extensively tested, refined, and proven to be correct, it is the closest thing to fact that exists.

Heliocentrism was a theory because it was based off several hypotheses that were proven to be true. Scientists observed the rotation of celestial bodies and hypothesizedthat the earth rotated around the sun. They then performed mathematic testing and obsrevation and when they had determined that to be the truth based on all present evidence it became theory.

You can prove heliocentrism as a scientific fact. You're simply demanding a level of certainty that we don't know even exists, and then when science inevitably fails to live up to that standard you dismiss it as faith.

Who says there was a fisrt thing ever in the universe? There's no evidence for a first cause.

theone86

I'm glad you caught that. Because I said Bing Bang theory, a typo a little while ago, and instead of actually listening to my argument. Everyone jumps on that little typo and invalidates my argument. So tell that to them, not me. I was just returning the favor.

There are some things that can't be explained by science. There are some things that can't be explained by religion. And I wasn't doubting heliocentrism. I was saying it started as a theory. And I do call it faith. Because it took faith to even believe that the sun was the center of the universe, it took faith to follow through with all these mathematical equations to figure it out. If you had no faith in the matter, and no one had any faith in the matter, why would it continue? IT wouldn't.

Have faith in your theories and hypotheses, and continue doing what you do, but some of your theories can never be considered fact.

Saying that there are things that can't be explained by science is an unfalsifiable claim, in orther words illogical. Because science can explain everything within experience, the only things that cannot be explained by science are outside experience and therefore one cannot make a positive claim of knowledge about these things. There may be things that cannot be explained by science, but they are completely unkown to us and require FAITH, whereas since science deals with experience and what can be known it requires no faith.

Heliocentrism did not start as a theory, it started as a hypothesis. Lurn 2 reed.

It did not take faith to believe the sun was the center of the solar system, it took observation. Again, lurn 2 reed.

It did not take faith to follow through with these mathematical equations, it took a desire for knowledge, i.e. the exact opposite of faith. Scientists wish to figure out the truth, whether that means confirming their claims or proving them to be false.

You have Faith is Science. Thanks for playing.

Heisenderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Heisenderp
Member since 2011 • 815 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]I'm glad you caught that. Because I said Bing Bang theory, a typo a little while ago, and instead of actually listening to my argument. Everyone jumps on that little typo and invalidates my argument. So tell that to them, not me. I was just returning the favor.

gotdangit

You should be castrated.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 theone86

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

gotdangit

Not saying it's stupid to believe in god, saying that science does not require faith. We're rejecting everything you say with substantiated claims, if everything you say is unsibstantiated then it deserves to be rejected.

You're not providing a new perspective, we've heard this all before.

Basically, yes, I do. If something a scientist claims sounds implausible I will do further research, actually look at a summary of his research, and find out what other scientists think about it. For the most part, though, scientists are posting theories and claims backed up by objective evidence, that is what science is all about.

Religion has no facts involved.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Funky_Llama

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Heisenderp

You should be castrated.

this
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Heisenderp"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]You have Faith is Science. Thanks for playing.

Funky_Llama

You should be castrated.

this

agreed

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

Faith: a belief not based on evidence. There was evidence that the earth rotated around the sun. There is evidence that the universe explanded from a singularity. There is no evidence that god exists. (and by evidence I mean something testable, not the thousands of years old work of shepards who didn't even understand the concept of science)

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
  2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

I'm looking at Number 1. Good day. 2 different kinds of faith.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

in the entirety of human existence not one supernatural event has ever occurred yet the universe is created in whole from nothing but the supernatural?

really?

jesus people there is no such thing as magic, you live in the 21st flipping century. grow up.

Riverwolf007
Really. I very distinctly remember seeing Noah's Ark sail past me when I was younger.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

theone86

Not saying it's stupid to believe in god, saying that science does not require faith. We're rejecting everything you say with substantiated claims, if everything you say is unsibstantiated then it deserves to be rejected.

Basically, yes, I do. If something a scientist claims sounds implausible I will do further research, actually look at a summary of his research, and find out what other scientists think about it. For the most part, though, scientists are posting theories and claims backed up by objective evidence, that is what science is all about.

Religion has no facts involved? Jesus was real. Debunked good day.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Substantiates his argument.

gotdangit

Doesn't.

Thanks for playing.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Crunchy_Nuts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]I completely disagree. I'm am open for your ideas. and I am listening. But you are the ones rejecting everything I give you. Saying it's stupid to believe in God, saying everything but what I think is false.

gotdangit

Who said Jesus was real?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]I completely disagree. I'm am open for your ideas. and I am listening. But you are the ones rejecting everything I give you. Saying it's stupid to believe in God, saying everything but what I think is false.

gotdangit

Oh, so you're going to go down that road? The one we went down back on like page one of this topic? Saying that the bible is set in a real historical setting does not validate everything the Bible says. I didn't think I needed to point this out, really didn't think I needed to point it out twice.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Which atheists claim they understand everything about the universe?MrPraline

Hah. Don't bother if it's too much trouble, I can believe there are crazies everywhere. Just seems a bit anti-science to claim to have an ultimate end all answer to everything.

I can't find the posts anyway (there were WAY too many religious threads back then, and I commented in nearly all of them). I've been arguing that neither science and religion are an all-knowing path, but some people just claim that their personal viewpoints hold all the answers on both sides of the argument. I think we can safely say both sides have the intelligent people willing to make compromises and the idiots who don't fully understand what they are arguing so they just rebuttle with things like "Die" and things along the lines of "You worship fairy-tales / Science doesn't explain anything".

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Crunchy_Nuts

Who said Jesus was real?

You know like those old manuscripts they find that they like totally talk about Jesus. You know, just 2000 year old texts describing Jesus and what not.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Oh, so you're going to go down that road? The one we went down back on like page one of this topic? Saying that the bible is set in a real historical setting does not validate everything the Bible says. I didn't think I needed to point this out, really didn't think I needed to point it out twice.

I never said it validates everything the Bible says. All you said is that Religion has no facts involved. That's a pretty broad statement to say.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 theone86

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]You don't know what faith is. Good day.

gotdangit

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

So you're equivocating. Okay, let me elaborate, science requires #1, but not #2. Religion is #2.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

really?

Crunchy_Nuts

Really. I very distinctly remember seeing Noah's Ark sail past me when I was younger.

lol, the olympic committee said get that shyt outta the thames before you embarrass us when people from other countries see it

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Funky_Llama

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]You don't know what faith is. Good day.

gotdangit

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

You know, if you're going to equivocate, you should at least try not to state it explicitly

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Crunchy_Nuts

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"][QUOTE="gotdangit"]Religion has no facts involved? Jesus was real. Debunked good day.

gotdangit

Who said Jesus was real?

You know like those old manuscripts they find that they like totally talk about Jesus. You know, just 2000 year old texts describing Jesus and what not.

You have a link to these manuscripts?
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]Religion has no facts involved? Jesus was real. Debunked good day.

gotdangit

I never said it validates everything the Bible says. All you said is that Religion has no facts involved. That's a pretty broad statement to say.

Religion has no need for facts. If there were no facts in the Bible the core teachings would still be the same. I also use the word "facts" here VERY loosely.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]Religion has no facts involved? Jesus was real. Debunked good day.

gotdangit

I'm just giving this as advice. If you want to argue the validity of religion to these people, you need to validate your claims with some evidence, not just broad statements like "those 2000 year old documents" and personal attacks and comebacks (like "Religion has no facts involved? Jesus was real. Debunked good day."). Plot out your arguments with some hard facts and they'll be less inclined to see you as a babbling idiot, which I can guarantee they do.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Funky_Llama
...to see you as a babbling idiot, which I can guarantee they do.WiiCubeM1
i can confirm this
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"] Who said Jesus was real?Crunchy_Nuts

Nope, you can probably google it thought.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Funky_Llama

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

You know, if you're going to equivocate, you should at least try not to state it explicitly

indeed, it's time for this picture

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 theone86

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

Guybrush_3

indeed, it's time for this picture

Tide goes in, tide goes out, can't explain that.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Crunchy_Nuts

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"][QUOTE="gotdangit"]You know like those old manuscripts they find that they like totally talk about Jesus. You know, just 2000 year old texts describing Jesus and what not.

gotdangit

You are making the assertion that Jesus was a real person; why should I go and look for the evidence?
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"] You have a link to these manuscripts?Crunchy_Nuts

You are making the assertion that Jesus was a real person; why should I go and look for the evidence?

because he doesn't understand burden of proof.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Funky_Llama

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

I figured you'd know what Faith is. Not just in the religious sense.

Heisenderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Heisenderp
Member since 2011 • 815 Posts

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

gotdangit

You should learn the meaning of the word "equivocate". You'd realize that what you said has fck all to do with the post.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Funky_Llama

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

faith/fāTH/
Noun:

gotdangit

I do, but apparently you don't know what equivocation means. Which is not overly surprising

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 gotdangit

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"][QUOTE="gotdangit"]Nope, you can probably google it thought.

Guybrush_3

Read the New Testament. All the Gospels are proof that Jesus existed.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]You know, if you're going to equivocate, you should at least try not to state it explicitly

Funky_Llama

I do, but apparently you don't know what equivocation means. Which is not overly surprising

Something like not making the truth apparent, not that I was trying to do that. I just assumed that when you think that one of the definitions isn't correct you would automatically use the one that fits best. Obviously that's too hard of a concept to do without having someone point it out.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 theone86

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Crunchy_Nuts"] You are making the assertion that Jesus was a real person; why should I go and look for the evidence?gotdangit

Read the New Testament. All the Gospels are proof that Jesus existed.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 MrPraline
Read the New Testament. All the Gospels are proof that Jesus existed.gotdangit
rofl
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 theone86

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]I figured you'd know what Faith is. Not just in the religious sense.

gotdangit

Something like not making the truth apparent, not that I was trying to do that. I just assumed that when you think that one of the definitions isn't correct you would automatically use the one that fits best. Obviously that's too hard of a concept to do without having someone point it out.

Equivocation means using two meanings of the same word interchangably, and there's no way to utilize the principle of generosity as the meanings are being conflated.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 gotdangit

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]I do, but apparently you don't know what equivocation means. Which is not overly surprising

theone86

Equivocation means using two meanings of the same word interchangably, and there's no way to utilize the principle of generosity as the meanings are being conflated.

I was never using the word in the context of God.