This topic is locked from further discussion.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#151 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts

I actually like AP.

Her childlike naivety is refreshing. And to be honest, we do have the capacity to end war if we wanted to.

Ilovegames1992
Thanks lovegames! you're cool , but im glad you see what i meant, that it is possible to end war and other ways to settle things
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

AP just ended that dude.

Win :lol:

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Zyamaman
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

You hate wars?

That's a funny sentiment...

Neccesity is the mother of invention. War is the greatest neccesity.

Like it or not, but war is in our basic nature. We are a violent species.

And we have advanced quite a lot thanks to war, BTW. Some even argue that if not for the neverending warfare to root out the waek and the lame, we would have never advanced to the point we are now.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]Hehe Seeing Aussie trying to have a "deep" thought is like a squirrel trying to do calculus

squirrels actually have a high capacity for learning and gaining intelligence, i'm sure you could train one to do calculus.
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 AussieePet

AP just ended that dude.

Win :lol:

Ilovegames1992
lol i guess thats score 1 for me :P
Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

[QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] They are possibilities of what i would like to happen. AussieePet

And I'd like to have a magical pony, but we all don't get what we like. You're going to have to grow up and realize the world isn't sunshine and rainbows.

Judging by your icon you have no right to tell me about the world isn't sunshine and rainbows

My interests do not reflect how I view the world.

You, however, have the mentality of a 5 year old. Things aren't and will never be as simple as you want them to be.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 AussieePet

You hate wars?

And we have advanced quite a lot thanks to war, BTW. Some even argue that if not for the neverending warfare to root out the waek and the lame, we would have never advanced to the point we are now.

Zyamaman
Yeah but wars settle nothing, wars never END it will always be a matter to have a war even over the smallest things , what are some examples that we all as a whole advanced a lot because of wars?
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 AussieePet

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

And I'd like to have a magical pony, but we all don't get what we like. You're going to have to grow up and realize the world isn't sunshine and rainbows.

Mega-Mustaine

Judging by your icon you have no right to tell me about the world isn't sunshine and rainbows

You, however, have the mentality of a 5 year old. Things aren't and will never be as simple as you want them to be.

Thats what they all say. You seem like a hypocrite
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Why does OT has to deal with crap like this thread?

AussieePet

Prove that this is crap , do you have a reason that its crap?

Because cute girls like yourself have no reason to talk about war.

I expected you to do stuff like dress, paint, or nickname animals or something like that.

Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Mega-Mustaine

[QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] Judging by your icon you have no right to tell me about the world isn't sunshine and rainbows AussieePet

Please elaborate, because at this point it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't even know what a hypocrite was.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 AussieePet

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Why does OT has to deal with crap like this thread?

TehFuneral

Prove that this is crap , do you have a reason that its crap?

Because cute girls like yourself have no reason to talk about war.

I expected you to do stuff like dress, paint, or nickname animals or something like that.

lol well thanks for the unexpected compliment , Well i only talk about it cause i wish people didn't have to die over nonsense like wars , My dad watches war movies a lot so i got interested in it lol , well i do those 2 expect dress up cause im 17 :L
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

I actually like AP.

Her childlike naivety is refreshing. And to be honest, we do have the capacity to end war if we wanted to.

Ilovegames1992
Theoretically speaking we do, but that's an unrealistic way of thinking. As long as we have people or countries who want stuff that belongs to another country there will be wars. Nobody is going to let someone take their stuff (land, resources, etc.)
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AussieePet

Mega-Mustaine

Please elaborate, because at this point it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't even know what a hypocrite was.

It is someone who professes to be against something then they go and do what they are against.Like Mormons don't like drinking but someone high in the church grows barley for beer. That man is a Hypocrite. Which is you .
Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Mega-Mustaine

[QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] Thats what they all say. You seem like a hypocrite AussieePet

It is someone who professes to be against something then they go and do what they are against.Like Mormons don't like drinking but someone high in the church grows barley for beer. That man is a Hypocrite. Which is you .

Well, you've definitely left me impressed.

But I fail to see how I'm a hypocrite by telling you your chilidish views are ridiculous and naive.

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
[QUOTE="ad1x2"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"][QUOTE="vfibsux"] Maybe because you have never experienced it? One time and you won't want to go back, those who do are insane in my book.

Am I insane then? Because it looks like fun to me....Not lying, I am fascinated by war.

That fascination will quickly disappear after the first shot fired in anger goes by your head. Trust me on that one. Call of Duty and Battlefield don't show such things as sitting in the same spot for weeks waiting on orders from higher, digging holes to do number two in because the nearest toilet is miles away, going weeks or months without a shower, and possibly watching your buddy cry to his mom while busted open and there's nothing you can do about it. The games only show enough to get you excited enough to blow 60 bucks on it.

I find it find it funny you bring up Call of Duty and Battlefield...depending I hate battlefield and rarely play COD. My interest in war started in the 90's way before those even came out. For a long time the technology and strategy behind war has interested me, more so the air craft. The one thing that got me to was how leaders were able to get people to back war and willingly die for a cause, this starts with World War 2. The minds of those men is interesting to say the least, I admire how they were able to brainwash so many into walking to their deaths, something I wish I could match.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

Well if humans don't keep evolving throughout time, then war will keep going on for as long as humanity exists. It is infact human nature. We all have the imperfections of lust, greed, hatred, etc. Nobody can escape these things, no matter your intellectual level/capacity to understand the problem.

If you kill my family, be sure I'll retaliate, even possibly kill you, hence hatred. If you had money, you have the chance of corruption and "wanting more money," hence greed. If you were jealous of a person because they are in an intimate relationship with a person you desire deeply, you have the chance to inflict suffering to that person or all people involved in the situation, hence lust.

It's all sad but true. That's why you hear the saying "nobody is perfect."

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

It's sad, but if you don't consider morals and such, going to war makes sense.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 AussieePet

Mega-Mustaine

But I fail to see how I'm a hypocrite by telling you your chilidish views are ridiculous and naive.

Well you tell me not to expect the world to be sunshine yet you have a colourful pony which could represent happiness and sunshine
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
[QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] Thats what they all say. You seem like a hypocrite AussieePet

He would only be a hypocrite if he grows it for himself.
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 eggdog1234
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

I find it find it funny you bring up Call of Duty and Battlefield...depending I hate battlefield and rarely play COD. My interest in war started in the 90's way before those even came out. For a long time the technology and strategy behind war has interested me, more so the air craft. The one thing that got me to was how leaders were able to get people to back war and willingly die for a cause, this starts with World War 2. The minds of those men is interesting to say the least, I admire how they were able to brainwash so many into walking to their deaths, something I wish I could match.DarkOfKnight

Quite possibly the most dangerous and disgusting post I have ever read. BTW brainwashing individuals to join a war effort has been going on much longer than WW2.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
I like war because it helps make CoD more realistic.
Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Zyamaman

Yeah but wars settle nothing,

Oh?

Wars settle everything, my child.

Wars have been settling the geopolitical map of this planet since the dawn of civilization. Earlier, probably.

It was war that have brought the Western civilization out of the oppressive shackles of feudalism and autocracy.

It is only thanks to the atrocities of the Second World War that even have the concept of human rights...

wars never END

And your toenails will never stop growing. That's not a reason to stop cutting them.

it will always be a matter to have a war even over the smallest things ,

Wars happen when one side thinks that outcome of not going to war would be even wars than the war itself.

Not all of them were mistaken. Those are not the "smallest" things, I assure you...

what are some examples that we all as a whole advanced a lot because of wars?

Off the top of my head - medical ultrasound and teflon. Both began their existance as technology of direct military application.

AussieePet

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

I don't think there is anyone that likes war. The people that do are a very minute minority.

Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Mega-Mustaine

[QUOTE="Mega-Mustaine"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] It is someone who professes to be against something then they go and do what they are against.Like Mormons don't like drinking but someone high in the church grows barley for beer. That man is a Hypocrite. Which is you . AussieePet

Well you tell me not to expect the world to be sunshine yet you have a colourful pony which could represent happiness and sunshine

Are you fvcking serious?

I told you in a previous post that my interests do not reflect my views on the world. If I like MLP, that means I think the way you do? If I like Spongebob, does the mean I think there are actually sea creatures that talk and interact like regular human beings? No, because it's ridiculous and based on a work of fiction.

I suggest you educate yourself a little better on some wars and how they started rather than making threads displaying your ignorance.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 eggdog1234

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]Yeah but wars settle nothing,

Oh?

Wars settle everything, my child.

Wars have been settling the geopolitical map of this planet since the dawn of civilization. Earlier, probably.

It was war that have brought the Western civilization out of the oppressive shackles of feudalism and autocracy.

It is only thanks to the atrocities of the Second World War that even have the concept of human rights...

wars never END

And your toenails will never stop growing. That's not a reason to stop cutting them.

it will always be a matter to have a war even over the smallest things ,

Wars happen when one side thinks that outcome of not going to war would be even wars than the war itself.

Not all of them were mistaken. Those are not the "smallest" things, I assure you...

what are some examples that we all as a whole advanced a lot because of wars?

Off the top of my head - medical ultrasound and teflon. Both began their existance as technology of direct military application.

Zyamaman

The concept of human rights were being discussed during The Enlightenment and even earlier than that.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

You hate wars?

Zyamaman

There were plenty of people in the 1930's longing for an atomic bomb...

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

What a highly intellectually stimulating arguement going on here

:suzy:

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 SF_KiLLaMaN
Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.kuraimen
No one is pro war. It's stupid to say so.
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.SF_KiLLaMaN

I have seen many people who are pro war (anti-peace). None of them would actually go to fight themselves though.
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 eggdog1234

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.SF_KiLLaMaN

Many politicians are pro war and there have been people in this very thread who have professed a love of war.

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Zyamaman

The concept of human rights were being discussed during The Enlightenment and even earlier than that.

eggdog1234

Yes, I'm aware of that.

It's just that no one felt the need to do anything about it until it got as bad as it was during WWII. That war was the catalyst for the world-wide recognition of the need for an international legislation.

There were plenty of people in the 1930's longing for an atomic bomb...

Ilovegames1992

And can you say they were that wrong.

If not for the nuclear deterrent, the chances of a third world war right after the second one ended would have been much higher...

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

What a highly intellectually stimulating arguement going on here

:suzy:

DroidPhysX
Don't be silly, this is OT.
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#184 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.Crunchy_Nuts

I have seen many people who are pro war (anti-peace). None of them would actually go to fight themselves though.

They're called chicken hawks.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.eggdog1234

Many politicians are pro war and there have been people in this very thread who have professed a love of war.

Nope. Name one politician that has said they like war. Please do it. People may support waging a war when they think there is no other option to get a desired outcome, but if it came down to it, they would rather not kill people to get what they want. Also, being fascinated in how war works does not mean they love war. War is fascinating to many because it is a completely different experience than what most people are used to. You can never truly understand what war is like until you're in one.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] No one is pro war. It's stupid to say so. SF_KiLLaMaN

Nope. Name one politician that has said they like war. Please do it. People may support waging a war when they think there is no other option to get a desired outcome, but if it came down to it, they would rather not kill people to get what they want. Also, being fascinated in how war works does not mean they love war. War is fascinating to many because it is a completely different experience than what most people are used to. You can never truly understand what war is like until you're in one.

I disagree. Of course politicians aren't going to say they like war, they probably don't even really want war if they can avoid it, but they sure as hell don't hate it. Some people just don't give a crap, 100% I know for a fact there are people that love war.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 eggdog1234

SF_KiLLaMaN

LBJ, FDR, Hitler Franco, Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera, Stalin, Churchill, The Shah, Saddam, GWB, Clinton, Ashcroft, Hoover, Madison, Hamilton, Nixon off the top of my head. Loving war and being pro war are two different things that overlap.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

Jolt_counter119

I disagree. Of course politicians aren't going to say they like war, they probably don't even really want war if they can avoid it, but they sure as hell don't hate it. Some people just don't give a crap, 100% I know for a fact there are people that love war.

I can pull statistics out of my ass too. 0% of the population likes war. I know that for a fact. See how easy that was? The point is, nobody wants to kill others to get what they want, but if that's the only means of getting it, then they do it. If anybody actually prefers to kill others to get something they want, they aren't mentally stable in the first place.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

eggdog1234

LBJ, FDR, Hitler Franco, Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera, Stalin, Churchill, The Shah, Saddam, GWB, Clinton, Ashcroft, Hoover, Madison, Hamilton, Nixon off the top of my head. Loving war and being pro war are two different things that overlap.

lol. Nice bullsh*t list there. None of them wanted war, they wanted an end result that was only possible to achieve with a war. Sure you can be pro war for a certain war given the situation, but nobody is generally pro war, it all depends on the situation.
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 eggdog1234

It's just that no one felt the need to do anything about it until it got as bad as it was during WWII. That war was the catalyst for the world-wide recognition of the need for an international legislation.

Zyamaman

There were plenty of political debates on colonization, prior to WW2 and the creation of the UN, that were international in scale. WW2 was a catalyst for the US to create an international body that provides legislation not a world-wide recognition for its need.

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Zyamaman

[QUOTE="Zyamaman"]

eggdog1234

There were plenty of political debates on colonization, prior to WW2 and the creation of the UN, that were international in scale. WW2 was a catalyst for the US to create an international body that provides legislation not a world-wide recognition for its need.

And how does that conflict with what I said?

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 eggdog1234

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

lol. Nice bullsh*t list there. None of them wanted war, they wanted an end result that was only possible to achieve with a war. Sure you can be pro war for a certain war given the situation, but nobody is generally pro war, it all depends on the situation.

"Men need war. If you regard war as an evil, then because men need evil. Out of the eternal struggle against evil comes the triumph of good, says St. Francis. War is absolutely indispensable and inevitable. Man feels it inside with an intuitive, atavistic pull, and it will be in the future what it has been in the past."

Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

Well they at least are more trigger happy. Americans are more willing to support wars than europeans and I think it is because they have a fresh memory of what war is really like while for most americans they only remember war as seen on the tv.
ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#194 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

War is based upon perception. Perception comes from how one chooses to see and view the world around them. That would be free will. In order to destroy war forever you must destroy free will.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

eggdog1234

"Men need war. If you regard war as an evil, then because men need evil. Out of the eternal struggle against evil comes the triumph of good, says St. Francis. War is absolutely indispensable and inevitable. Man feels it inside with an intuitive, atavistic pull, and it will be in the future what it has been in the past."

Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera

That's a great quote, but that means nothing to your argument that people love war. War is necessary, it will always happen. It is a tool used by governments when all other means fail. Realizing that it is inevitable sometimes doesn't mean you like war.
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 eggdog1234

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

[QUOTE="Zyamaman"]

Zyamaman

You are ascribing attributes to the UN and to WW2 that are not necessarily true and making blanket statements that I disagree with. The conflict is in our perception of the impetus behind the creation of the UN.

OG_LIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 OG_LIP
Member since 2012 • 370 Posts

So do I.. The United States needs to bring their troops home and leave the world alone.

Zyamaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Zyamaman

[QUOTE="Zyamaman"]

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

eggdog1234

You are ascribing attributes to the UN and to WW2 that are not necessarily true and making blanket statements that I disagree with. The conflict is in our perception of the impetus behind the creation of the UN.

You're right, that does come off as a blanket statement. I didn't mean it to sound like that.

Meh, I'm way too tired, shouldn't have even entered this thread...

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] Nope. Name one politician that has said they like war. Please do it. People may support waging a war when they think there is no other option to get a desired outcome, but if it came down to it, they would rather not kill people to get what they want. Also, being fascinated in how war works does not mean they love war. War is fascinating to many because it is a completely different experience than what most people are used to. You can never truly understand what war is like until you're in one.

SF_KiLLaMaN

I can pull statistics out of my ass too. 0% of the population likes war. I know that for a fact. See how easy that was? The point is, nobody wants to kill others to get what they want, but if that's the only means of getting it, then they do it. If anybody actually prefers to kill others to get something they want, they aren't mentally stable in the first place.

You act like I made up some disagreeable stat. What you're saying makes way less sense. You really think there's not a single person that just loves war, loves the idea, loves to be in the middle of it fighting and killing others?

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

So do I.. The United States needs to bring their troops home and leave the world alone.

OG_LIP

That causes problems like conflicts. USA has alot peacekeepers.