This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

Why do we need wars to prove whos better? to take over others land? why can't we all share it its not that hard. I hate the fact people in my family and others family has to fight wars. People getting killed over nothing really, they could be at home with their family, some who go to wars have new borns , never get to see em much and maybe they never will if they don't make it out alive, 1,000 of innocent soilders die from wars . I wish there was a way to stop wars. What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by BetaIntro (57 posts) -
Power, we want power, we want more than we need, that's human nature.
#3 Posted by BranKetra (49619 posts) -
I don't like war.
#4 Posted by Joshywaa (10995 posts) -

you should write a letter to the government

#6 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
Power, we want power, we want more than we need, that's human nature.BetaIntro
Power for what? I mean what are you gaining from wars other than losing soldiers life's?
#7 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
Wars = profit
#9 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

Joshywaa
Well i would have to send that to every Gov in the world
#10 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
A war to end all wars? Wait, did that work?
#11 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
i think war is bad too, makes sense since WAR spelled backwards is RAW and eating raw meat is bad for you
#12 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

There are wars due to the fact that some do not like someone else's way of life. Others do it for totally economic reasons (WWII actually). Others do it at the instigation of others (Korea). Other wars happen for stupid reasons, but even other wars are fought for a country's independence from another country. As long as man inhabits the Earth, there will be wars unfortunately.

#13 Posted by TwighlightBlade (872 posts) -

I only promote war in the case of the defense of my country and my family.

#14 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
i think war is bad too, makes sense since WAR spelled backwards is RAW and eating raw meat is bad for youZumaJones07
Well i love that analogy :) I guess its about money , thats my 1st thought
#15 Posted by BetaIntro (57 posts) -
[QUOTE="BetaIntro"]Power, we want power, we want more than we need, that's human nature.AussieePet
Power for what? I mean what are you gaining from wars other than losing soldiers life's?

Who cares who dies if you are a leader? You don't know them. And you get to have a sense of authority of millions of people.
#16 Posted by NiKva (8180 posts) -
Cool blog sis
#17 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -
It's usually about resources.
#18 Posted by SF_KiLLaMaN (6446 posts) -

As if anybody loves war. :roll:

#19 Posted by Joshywaa (10995 posts) -

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

AussieePet

but if it prevented war, isn't it worth it?

surely they haven't seen the light like you

#20 Posted by ShuLordLiuPei (9510 posts) -

human nature.BetaIntro
:lol:

#21 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

Joshywaa

That's an awful lot of stamps man.
#22 Posted by BetaIntro (57 posts) -

[QUOTE="BetaIntro"]human nature.ShuLordLiuPei

Is there a problem?
#23 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4146 posts) -
We don't go to war to show who's better. We have more, others have little, as long as there is any divide in economy or beliefs there will be war. If we somehow miraculously shared everything equally on earth with everyone else someone is going to get greedy and there will be war. It's human nature.
#24 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

There are wars due to the fact that some do not like someone else's way of life. Others do it for totally economic reasons (WWII actually). Others do it at the instigation of others (Korea). Other wars happen for stupid reasons, but even other wars are fought for a country's independence from another country. As long as man inhabits the Earth, there will be wars unfortunately.

WhiteKnight77
Well people don't like others in the same country like they don't go to war. Unless its some silly GANG which is worser than Legal wars . Well other than the fighting for your land all of wars are stupid, they can share land since we're all humans well thats true , its crazy that some people don't have a choice but to join or get arrested
#25 Posted by Joshywaa (10995 posts) -

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] Well i would have to send that to every Gov in the world Travo_basic

#26 Posted by wis3boi (31954 posts) -

asking for a world without war is a fruitless endeavor

#27 Posted by KiIIyou (27154 posts) -
I hate lemon jelly.
#28 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

Joshywaa

I doubt it would prevent war, since the Govs are evil and power/money hunger. I wish everyone could protest against wars
#29 Posted by Joshywaa (10995 posts) -

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] Well i would have to send that to every Gov in the world AussieePet

I doubt it would prevent wars

I know.

I was being facetious.

There is nothing you can do to prevent war.

#30 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
The whole entire concept of war seems interesting to me. Death, adrenaline, excitement, not knowing what can happen to you next. Just you and your platoon basically in hell, anarchy, with your guns, a hope to go back home. Its a weird fantasy of mine to experience...no clue why..
#31 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="BetaIntro"]Power, we want power, we want more than we need, that's human nature.BetaIntro

Who cares who dies if you are a leader? You don't know them. And you get to have a sense of authority of millions of people.

Well lots cares as of i , well my cousin is in war , he has to fight battles . Do you not care of the other people?
#32 Posted by BetaIntro (57 posts) -

Joshywaa

I know.

I was being facetious.

Yes you can. You can kill everyone. Then there is nobody to declare war on! It's the perfect scheme.
#33 Posted by ShuLordLiuPei (9510 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShuLordLiuPei"]

[QUOTE="BetaIntro"]human nature.BetaIntro

Is there a problem?

I just wasn't aware that we were discussing myths.

#34 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

SF_KiLLaMaN
Obvs someone loves wars if it is happening
#35 Posted by ShuLordLiuPei (9510 posts) -

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

Joshywaa

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

#36 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I like em for the sole fact that they typically simulate money.

#37 Posted by BetaIntro (57 posts) -
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="BetaIntro"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] Power for what? I mean what are you gaining from wars other than losing soldiers life's?

Well lots cares as of i , well my cousin is in war , he has to fight battles . Do you not care of the other people?

No. If you were a "leader" ruling millions of people who you barely know, why would you care. You might think you do, but power hungry leaders don't, whether you like it or not.
#38 Posted by SF_KiLLaMaN (6446 posts) -

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

AussieePet

You don't seem to understand the concept of war. Nobody wants war. War is just the end result when all other means of solving a conflict fail. War is just a tool to get a desired outcome. The desired outcome is never war.

#39 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

Joshywaa

I know.

I was being facetious.

ohh silly Josh! D: Yeah but protests against wars that might be a start if everyone joined together
#40 Posted by Joshywaa (10995 posts) -

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] I doubt it would prevent warsAussieePet

I know.

I was being facetious.

ohh silly Josh! D: Yeah but protests against wars that might be a start if everyone joined together

People have been protesting wars for decades

It doesn't seem to work

#41 Posted by DarkOfKnight (2543 posts) -
One last war, to force all nations into a One world government. New World Order!
#42 Posted by CHOASXIII (14648 posts) -

Well what are you going to do about it?

*inb4someonetakesthisserious

#43 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

#44 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -
Wars = profitExoticAnimal
Pretty much this.
#45 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

As long as man inhabits the Earth, there will be wars unfortunately.

WhiteKnight77

That's not necessarily true, not wars between humans anyway.

We could become a type 1 civilisation, when that happens there will be no need for wars between humans, the thing is we could kill ourselves before we get there, we are type 0.

This video explains it well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdILmgJGuvw

#46 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

You don't seem to understand the concept of war. Nobody wants war. War is just the end result when all other means of solving a conflict fail. War is just a tool to get a desired outcome. The desired outcome is never war.

If none wanted it , it wouldn't happen tho? There are more ways to solve things , Yeah but war isn't the only choice to take
#47 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="BetaIntro"]Who cares who dies if you are a leader? You don't know them. And you get to have a sense of authority of millions of people.BetaIntro

No. If you were a "leader" ruling millions of people who you barely know, why would you care. You might think you do, but power hungry leaders don't, whether you like it or not.

Cause im a caring person, Why wouldn't i care? there life's are important as well Well im not power hungry , Judging by what you're saying you seem to think its ok to have it , Are you power hunger?
#48 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
I feel a song coming on "War! Uh-huh, what is it good for?"
#49 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

I know.

I was being facetious.

Joshywaa

People have been protesting wars for decades

It doesn't seem to work

Oh i didn't know that in which counties have this taken place? Do you think war would be needed in the near future since we develop so much tech
#50 Posted by BetaIntro (57 posts) -
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="BetaIntro"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] Well lots cares as of i , well my cousin is in war , he has to fight battles . Do you not care of the other people?

Cause im a caring person, Why wouldn't i care? there life's are important as well Well im not power hungry , Judging by what you're saying you seem to think its ok to have it , Are you power hunger?

But thats your opinion! Your asking why wars are declared, and I am telling you people want to have a sense of power, just because you can't understand this, doesn't mean its wrong.