I Believe In Evolution.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]

Wait, so is this a new thing?

In pyromaniac223,

pyromaniac223

MrPraline
Not really, just a parody of how Crushmaster signs all of his posts. In Mars, MrPraline.

I think it could be a new GS meme In the navy markop2003
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop the off-topic posting. It is childish, annoying, and disruptive, and is certainly not helping your views, your stance, or anything.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

Ok, back to the topic. In the early days of human civilization humans knew very little of the world but wanted to know more about it. This is how religion was born, it was created by simple people the didn't know how the world worked. For example in acient Japan people didn't know what caused earthquakes. Because of this they made up the idea that there are massive catfish that lived underground and were the main cause. *activates flame sheild* The point I'm trying to make is that such beliefs like yours are made by early humans that did not understand the world. Religion was made by man, the Bible (and all other religious text) was made by and God was made by man.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

[QUOTE="DrSponge"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

I know! It's something I pride myself in being able to do. :D And our posts are very far from "detailed." :P

Dark_Knight6

True, it could get a lot worse...or do I mean better :oops:

I'd say better. But I think the mods would disagree. :P

Then they can join in :twisted: Dibs on spazx*numbers*, you can have...solidruss :lol:
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

I know! It's something I pride myself in being able to do. :D And this very far from "detailed." :P

markop2003

Evolution, gay sex and dinosaurs in the same thread. I love the internet. In Stendarr, MrPraline.

When do we get to combine them? For Mordor markop2003

Right now!

After Ragnarok,

Locke

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

I know! It's something I pride myself in being able to do. :D And this very far from "detailed." :P

markop2003

Evolution, gay sex and dinosaurs in the same thread. I love the internet. In Stendarr, MrPraline.

When do we get to combine them? For Mordor markop2003

Go right ahead, just no pictures of the gay sex please. :P

For the internets,
MrPraline.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="bokiloki"]

dinosaurs /thread

Rougehunter

dinosaurs lived with man and are in the bible /unthread

The same bibel that said children should be stoned to death if they disrespect their paraents?

that's the ot law that no longer applies and even if it does it would be for the Israeli government only. and even then that would only be the maximum punishment but the bible says that the Judges should be merciful so yaa most children didn't get stoned.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

Then they can join in :twisted: Dibs on spazx*numbers*, you can have...solidruss :lol:DrSponge

I respectfully decline that offer.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]

Wait, so is this a new thing?

In pyromaniac223,

pyromaniac223

markop2003
Not really, just a parody of how Crushmaster signs all of his posts. In Mars, MrPraline.

I would be down with that. In flames, pyromaniac223
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 markop2003

[QUOTE="DrSponge"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

I know! It's something I pride myself in being able to do. :D And our posts are very far from "detailed." :P

Dark_Knight6

True, it could get a lot worse...or do I mean better :oops:

Atleast they have something interesting to moderate. In the drawing with the lead pipe markop2003
0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts
Do I believe in that kind of evolution? No. Do I believe in evolution meaning that through natural selection the diversity of life came about? Yes
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Not really, just a parody of how Crushmaster signs all of his posts. In Mars, MrPraline.

I would be down with that. In flames, pyromaniac223

Stop that.

In ZA WARUDO
hguodyaj
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Locke562

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop the off-topic posting. It is childish, annoying, and disruptive, and is certainly not helping your views, your stance, or anything.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Rougehunter

Ok, back to the topic. In the early days of human civilization humans knew very little of the world but wanted to know more about it. This is how religion was born, it was created by simple people the didn't know how the world worked. For example in acient Japan people didn't know what caused earthquakes. Because of this they made up the idea that there are massive catfish that lived underground and were the main cause. *activates flame sheild* The point I'm trying to make is that such beliefs like yours are made by early humans that did not understand the world. Religion was made by man, the Bible (and all other religious text) was made by and God was made by man.

This explains why the the god of the old testament is so very much occupied with the sexual lives of his creation. It suggests that that particular religion was not only man made, but masculine made.

In Almalexia,

Locke

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 MrPraline
[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="DrSponge"] True, it could get a lot worse...or do I mean better :oops:markop2003

Atleast they have something interesting to moderate. In the drawing with the lead pipe markop2003

I agree. In Baldur, MrPraline.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

I'd still like to know where the Bible says "Oh yeah, and the sun revolves around the Earth" outside of saying the sun "rises" or "sets," and only the most pedantic literalist would assume that as a Biblical cosmology.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"][QUOTE="Rougehunter"]The same bible that said children should be stoned to death if they disrespect their paraents?

Theokhoth

Yeah, also the one that claims the Sun revolves the Earth.

Verse book and chapter, plz.

The early church certainly believed this, and killed anybody who didn't.

Examples of biblical references to a stationary earth: Thou, Lord, in the beginning didst lay the foundation of the earth." (Heb. 1:10)

The sun, moon, and stars were created after the firm "foundation of the earth" was laid. (Gen. 1:9-18)

"He established the earth upon its foundations, so that it will not totter, forever and ever." (Ps. 104:5)

"The world is firmly established, it will not be moved." (Ps. 93:1 & 1 Chron. 16:30)

"For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he set the world on them." (I Sam. 2:8)

"It is I who have firmly set its pillars." (Ps. 75:3) "Who stretched out the heavens...and established the world." (Jer. 10:12)

The Bible never depicts the earth as moving, just "shaken," as in an "earthquake": "The earth quaked, the foundations of heaven were trembling." "The earth quakes, the heavens tremble." (Joel 2:10)

"I shall make the heavens tremble, and the earth will be shaken from its place." (Isa. 13:13)

"There was a great earthquake...and the stars of the sky fell...as if shaken from a tree." (Rev. 6:12,13)

Luther and Calvin agreed that the Bible states the earth does not move, and also that the sun does move:

"He (God) can command the sun not to rise." (Job 9:7)

Rather than, "He can command the earth to stop (moving/spinning)." That God would direct such a command at the sun rather than the earth, implies an unmistakably geocentric perspective. Likewise, Martin Luther pointed out that "Joshua commanded the sun to stand still and not the earth," since the earth was presumed to be at rest at all times. (Josh. 10:12)

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 MrPraline
[QUOTE="0Tyler0"]Do I believe in that kind of evolution? No. Do I believe in evolution meaning that through natural selection the diversity of life came about? Yes

Yeah, agreed. His "version" is nowhere near evolution. In Mara, MrPraline.
TarmacChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TarmacChris
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="DrSponge"] Oh so you're one of them, huh? :oops: This discussion is getting sleazy :lol:DrSponge

So, did we kill the thread yet? :lol: Hallowed are the Ori, MrPraline.

You can never be sure with OT.

For the Horde,

DrSponge.

Crushmaster threads should be derailed as fast as possible, but it's hard to derail fiction. In Your Mom. Tarmac.
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Locke562

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"] dinosaurs lived with man and are in the bible /unthreadSilenthps

The same bibel that said children should be stoned to death if they disrespect their paraents?

that's the ot law that no longer applies and even if it does it would be for the Israeli government only. and even then that would only be the maximum punishment but the bible says that the Judges should be merciful so yaa most children didn't get stoned.

So it contradicts itself leaving it up to humans to interpret it?

In Baan dar, the bandit god,

Locke

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 MrPraline
[QUOTE="DrSponge"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] So, did we kill the thread yet? :lol: Hallowed are the Ori, MrPraline.TarmacChris

You can never be sure with OT.

For the Horde,

DrSponge.

Crushmaster threads should be derailed as fast as possible, but it's hard to derail fiction. In Your Mom. Tarmac.

I think we did a pretty good job so far. :lol: In Odin, MrPraline.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 markop2003

In Almalexia,

Locke

Locke562
I approve of your Tribunal worship In Vivec markop2003
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
While I don't agree with Crushmaster on anything really I think it would be nice if you let this thread get back on topic.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

Ok, back to the topic. In the early days of human civilization humans knew very little of the world but wanted to know more about it. This is how religion was born, it was created by simple people the didn't know how the world worked. For example in acient Japan people didn't know what caused earthquakes. Because of this they made up the idea that there are massive catfish that lived underground and were the main cause. *activates flame sheild* The point I'm trying to make is that such beliefs like yours are made by early humans that did not understand the world. Religion was made by man, the Bible (and all other religious text) was made by and God was made by man. Rougehunter

A few thoughts...

These "early men" must have been pretty smart (example: the Bible tells us God sits on the "circle" of the earth; a sphere. Example: it tells us air has weight).

Have you ever read the Bible? Do you really think a man could right that?

It considers humans completely evil and wicked, who can't save themselves. Can you imagine men writing that?
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

I believe in Evolution as well.

Creationism doesn't make sense to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"] I think we did a pretty good job so far. :lol: In Odin, MrPraline.

Not bad by any standards.

In cfamgcn,
jaydough ~de arimasu
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 markop2003

For the Horde,

DrSponge.

DrSponge
I was waiting for that one... For the emperor (yes i'm a blade) markop2003
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Crushmaster

You don't believe in the same kind I do. Read the opening post.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Crushmaster

Could a moderator please take care of the off-topic posting and such?
Thanks,
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"] Ok, back to the topic. In the early days of human civilization humans knew very little of the world but wanted to know more about it. This is how religion was born, it was created by simple people the didn't know how the world worked. For example in acient Japan people didn't know what caused earthquakes. Because of this they made up the idea that there are massive catfish that lived underground and were the main cause. *activates flame sheild* The point I'm trying to make is that such beliefs like yours are made by early humans that did not understand the world. Religion was made by man, the Bible (and all other religious text) was made by and God was made by man. Crushmaster

A few thoughts...

These "early men" must have been pretty smart (example: the Bible tells us God sits on the "circle" of the earth; a sphere. Example: it tells us air has weight).

It considers humans completely evil and wicked, who can't save themselves. Can you imagine men writing that?
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

A circle does not mean a sphere, If you stand in one place and look in every direction toward the horizon you form a circle with your view distance. The horizon is also rounded. They thought the earth was a flat circular object.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"] Ok, back to the topic. In the early days of human civilization humans knew very little of the world but wanted to know more about it. This is how religion was born, it was created by simple people the didn't know how the world worked. For example in acient Japan people didn't know what caused earthquakes. Because of this they made up the idea that there are massive catfish that lived underground and were the main cause. *activates flame sheild* The point I'm trying to make is that such beliefs like yours are made by early humans that did not understand the world. Religion was made by man, the Bible (and all other religious text) was made by and God was made by man. Crushmaster

A few thoughts...

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Absolutely. Lots of people nowadays believe that humanity as a whole sucks. Many of these people aren't religious in any way at all.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Crushmaster

While I don't agree with Crushmaster on anything really I think it would be nice if you let this thread get back on topic. thriteenthmonke

Thank you.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MrPraline

[QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

Crushmaster

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

You don't believe in any kind of 'evolution'.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

I don't believe in that type of evolution, sorry.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Rougehunter"]The same bibel that said children should be stoned to death if they disrespect their paraents?

Locke562

So it contradicts itself leaving it up to humans to interpret it?

In Baan dar, the bandit god,

Locke

No it leaves it up to humans to judge.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#134 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

Evolution does not exist in Christianity.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Shhadow_Viper

[QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

Crushmaster

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Yeah we believe in the real evolution. :|

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

[QUOTE="avatar_genius"]

MrPraline

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

You don't believe in any kind of 'evolution'.

He believes in microevolution as do any theist. Of course micro and macro in this case are just based on time scales.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Crushmaster

A circle does not mean a sphere, If you stand in one place and look in every direction toward the horizon you form a circle with your view distance. The horizon is also rounded. They thought the earth was a flat circular object. BumFluff122

Circle...> O > sphere.

Everywhere you look at earth it looks like a circle...sides, top, and bottom. Yes, or no?
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"]Yeah, also the one that claims the Sun revolves the Earth.Shhadow_Viper

So? What was their Biblical basis?

Examples of biblical references to a stationary earth: Thou, Lord, in the beginning didst lay the foundation of the earth." (Heb. 1:10)

The Earth's foundations has nothing to do with the position of the sun, and I highly doubt they mean to say the Earth is stationary.

The sun, moon, and stars were created after the firm "foundation of the earth" was laid. (Gen. 1:9-18)

Except there's nothing suggesting that the foundation of the Earth was stationary.

"He established the earth upon its foundations, so that it will not totter, forever and ever." (Ps. 104:5)

"Totter" as in "fall," as in "never break, never change, etc." Not "never move, never revolve, etc."

"The world is firmly established, it will not be moved." (Ps. 93:1 & 1 Chron. 16:30)

The world is not the Earth.

"For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he set the world on them." (I Sam. 2:8)

Obvious metaphor.

"It is I who have firmly set its pillars." (Ps. 75:3)

Same thing.

"Who stretched out the heavens...and established the world." (Jer. 10:12)

Same thing.

The Bible never depicts the earth as moving, just "shaken," as in an "earthquake": "The earth quaked, the foundations of heaven were trembling." "The earth quakes, the heavens tremble." (Joel 2:10)

Yes, they had Earthquakes.

"I shall make the heavens tremble, and the earth will be shaken from its place." (Isa. 13:13)

Yes, they had earthquakes.

"There was a great earthquake...and the stars of the sky fell...as if shaken from a tree." (Rev. 6:12,13)

A prediction of the future, in which there is a great earthquake.

Luther and Calvin agreed that the Bible states the earth does not move, and also that the sun does move:

I don't care what Luther or Calvin thought, but I'd be willing to bet that's not true.

"Rise" and "set" are used even today to describe the sun's apparent movement.

Rather than, "He can command the earth to stop (moving/spinning)."

It isn't necessary.

That God would direct such a command at the sun rather than the earth, implies an unmistakably geocentric perspective. Likewise, Martin Luther pointed out that "Joshua commanded the sun to stand still and not the earth," since the earth was presumed to be at rest at all times. (Josh. 10:12)

Finally, do not copy/paste your answers from Talk.Origins. I can find plenty of well-written articles that I could copy/paste for you, too.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DrSponge

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

dog64

Uh, evolution can coexist with Christianity. They're not mutually exclusive.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

dog64

Most christians sects believe in evolution. The last 3 popes have believed in evolution and have attempted to get their followers to believe as well.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"] A circle does not mean a sphere, If you stand in one place and look in every direction toward the horizon you form a circle with your view distance. The horizon is also rounded. They thought the earth was a flat circular object. Crushmaster

Circle...> O > sphere.

Everywhere you look at earth it looks like a circle...sides, top, and bottom. Yes, or no?
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

A circle is not a sphere. An O is a circle. Does that look like a sphere to you?

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 markop2003

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Crushmaster

Obviously we haven't read the same books, there are a whole bunch which say that humans are inherently evil pricks.

In a Rolls 8)

markop2003

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

DrSponge

I can exist with many christian sects, but not with literalist christianity.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

A few thoughts...

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Do you know how the Earth was discovered to be round?

Yes I believe humans made the bible

Humans are evil, yes. But one would save themselve by learning the true meaning of religion, a form of controlling early people because they would belive everything they were told.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DrSponge

[QUOTE="dog64"]

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]

In Christ,
Crushmaster.

BumFluff122

Most christians sects believe in evolution. The last 3 popes have believed in evolution and have attempted to get their followers to believe as well.

Uh oh. Don't get the religious fundies started on Catholicism.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Shhadow_Viper

[QUOTE="Shhadow_Viper"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

So? What was their Biblical basis?

The Earth's foundations has nothing to do with the position of the sun, and I highly doubt they mean to say the Earth is stationary.

Except there's nothing suggesting that the foundation of the Earth was stationary.

"Totter" as in "fall," as in "never break, never change, etc." Not "never move, never revolve, etc."

The world is not the Earth.

Obvious metaphor.

"It is I who have firmly set its pillars." (Ps. 75:3)

Same thing.

"Who stretched out the heavens...and established the world." (Jer. 10:12)

Same thing.

Yes, they had Earthquakes.

Yes, they had earthquakes.

A prediction of the future, in which there is a great earthquake.

I don't care what Luther or Calvin thought, but I'd be willing to bet that's not true.

"Rise" and "set" are used even today to describe the sun's apparent movement.

Rather than, "He can command the earth to stop (moving/spinning)."

It isn't necessary.

That God would direct such a command at the sun rather than the earth, implies an unmistakably geocentric perspective. Likewise, Martin Luther pointed out that "Joshua commanded the sun to stand still and not the earth," since the earth was presumed to be at rest at all times. (Josh. 10:12)

Finally, do not copy/paste your answers from Talk.Origins.

Why not? It is easier than typing all that crap out for someone to THINK their interpretation is the right one. :lol: Not worth wasting my time. Why does everyone think their interpetation of the exact same text is the only right one? That is what is downright laughable.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Crushmaster

Uh, evolution can coexist with Christianity. They're not mutually exclusive. DrSponge

Genesis 1-11...Exodus 20:11...et cetera. They are.

I'm afraid I have to get off now, but I should be back tomorrow. Thanks for your help Silenthps.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Theokhoth

Why not? It is easier than typing all that crap out for someone to THINK their interpretation is the right one. :lol: Not worth wasting my time. Why does everyone think their interpetation of the exact same text is the only right one? That is what is downright laughable.Shhadow_Viper

All right, then it's not worth my time to refute "your" answers, because clearly you want other people to do your thinking for you and thus nothing anyone says can possibly get through.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#149 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

DrSponge

BumFluff122

I don't know about most. Every Christian I've met and spoke with were always against evolution. The main Christian doctrine is that god created all things, so unless some Christians believe that god started evolution....

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DrSponge

[QUOTE="DrSponge"]Uh, evolution can coexist with Christianity. They're not mutually exclusive. Crushmaster

Genesis 1-11...Exodus 20:11...et cetera. They are.

I'm afraid I have to get off now, but I should be back tomorrow. Thanks for your help Silenthps.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

You're interpreting it literally. It's not meant to be literal.