Hundreds expected for Mohammed cartoon contest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:

Islamophobia (or anti-Muslim sentiment) is a term for prejudice against, hatred towards, or fear of the religion of Islam or Muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia

@airshocker said:

I have beef with the religion of Islam.

Jesus H Roosevelt Christ......smh

Keep deflecting though, it might drive a few folks attention away that you have no answer for my smackdown of your Prophet Slander

I do not have any prejudices against Islam. My reasons for being against Islam are all based on actions of the religion.

You really should learn the definitions of words before you start talking. Would save me the time of having to show you how wrong you are.

It's not slander. What is slander is you calling me a racist and an islamaphobe without any proof to back it up.

My god you are too stupid for words.

You have mentioned several times you have "beef" with Islam. You have already passed judgement on Islam "based on actions of the Religion" No matter what Islam or a Muslim does your opinion is pre formed.

THAT'S WHAT PREJUDICE IS NUMBNUTS

prejudice

[prej-uh-dis}

noun

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding an ethnic, racial, social, or religious group.

Please someone take the shovel away from this kid before he digs himself any deeper

You need to learn how to read, kiddo.

No, I have not passed judgment on anybody. I have formed an opinion of a religion based on its tenets. Any opinions formed on individuals have been formed from the words they've typed, not their religious denomination. My opinion certainly isn't preformed. I give everybody a fair opportunity to tell me what they believe.

So lets go down the checklist of the word, since you're obviously having trouble:

1) I had plenty of knowledge of Islam before I came to an opinion.

2) There have been no preconceived opinions or feelings. Just reactions to what I have learned and experienced.

3) I don't have unreasonable opinions about Islam.

Just keep trying there, sparky. A clock is right twice, after all.

So as I've been asking and you've repeatedly failed to provide: What proof do you have that I'm a racist and an islamaphobe? Let me help you out: There isn't any.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#402 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:

Islamophobia (or anti-Muslim sentiment) is a term for prejudice against, hatred towards, or fear of the religion of Islam or Muslims.

@airshocker said:

Keep deflecting though, it might drive a few folks attention away that you have no answer for my smackdown of your Prophet Slander

I do not have any prejudices against Islam. My reasons for being against Islam are all based on actions of the religion.

You really should learn the definitions of words before you start talking. Would save me the time of having to show you how wrong you are.

It's not slander. What is slander is you calling me a racist and an islamaphobe without any proof to back it up.

You have mentioned several times you have "beef" with Islam. You have already passed judgement on Islam "based on actions of the Religion" No matter what Islam or a Muslim does your opinion is pre formed.

prejudice

[prej-uh-dis}

noun

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding an ethnic, racial, social, or religious group.

Please someone take the shovel away from this kid before he digs himself any deeper

No, I have not passed judgment on anybody. I have formed an opinion of a religion based on its tenets. Any opinions formed on individuals have been formed from the words they've typed, not their religious denomination. My opinion certainly isn't preformed. I give everybody a fair opportunity to tell me what they believe.

So lets go down the checklist of the word, since you're obviously having trouble:

2) There have been no preconceived opinions or feelings. Just reactions to what I have learned and experienced.

So as I've been asking and you've repeatedly failed to provide: What proof do you have that I'm a racist and an islamaphobe? Let me help you out: There isn't any.

Be very careful, little man
Your temper is getting out of hand

You have admitted you have "Beef" with Islam, you have admitted that you passed judgement on Islam. You have preconceived opinions on Islam.

Bu....Bu......Bu.....Bu.....Yeah, your denials are empty, you've never read the Quran, you haven't read any sort of books on Islamic history, or the Middle East. You're only "Knowledge" is Fox News Headlines, and the parroting of Talking points you've heard from other Islamaphobes.

Educate yourself peachfuzz, then you can come back to the grown ups table.

Also true is you have lost the debate on your slandering of the Prophet Mohammad. Continuing to cling to this strawman of your Islamaphonia is pathetic deflection of the embarrassment you feel from being made a fool of.

Abandon ship Junior, Live to hate another day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#403 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:

You have admitted you have "Beef" with Islam, you have admitted that you passed judgement on Islam. You have preconceived opinions on Islam.

Bu....Bu......Bu.....Bu.....Yeah, your denials are empty, you've never read the Quran, you haven't read any sort of books on Islamic history, or the Middle East. You're only "Knowledge" is Fox News Headlines, and the parroting of Talking points you've heard from other Islamaphobes.

Also true is you have lost the debate on your slandering of the Prophet Mohammad. Continuing to cling to this strawman of your Islamaphonia is pathetic deflection of the embarrassment you feel from being made a fool of.

Islam is an ideology, not a person or group of people. If he said "I have a beef with Muslims" you would have a point, but he didn't say that.

Just apologize and move on. If anyone here is being prejudice it's you. He's not once mentioned Fox News or other Islamaphobes. Everything you've said is purely conjecture formed by the pre-existing idea that he hates Muslims.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@gwynnblade said:
@airshocker said:

I don't care what Alim said, you regurgitated it, so you explain it. The onus is on you to be clear enough in what you say so that others don't have trouble reading your words.

A protest is intended to express your feelings on a certain issue. Protests, when heavily supported, can certainly create change.

I don't care what BranKetra said. I'm talking to you. In this specific case, you can't slander Mohammed by calling him a pedophile. He is a pedophile. For us to slander him, even if we were in one of those states that has laws on defamation of the dead, it would have to be an untrue statement. It's not an untrue statement.

Your religion certainly does want to reign supreme. It talks about killing infidels and apostates. That doesn't sound like a religion that wants to live in peace. Furthermore, having a protest that criticizes your religion doesn't mean we aren't living in peace with you.

I've already proven you and your arguments wrong. Repeatedly.

The issue here is you believe you have the right to silence people (by force) because they criticize your religion and your prophet. You are wrong. Not only legally, but morally as well.

You support slander just because its in the American law, right?

Now here are two epiphanies :

1. Just because its in the American law, doesn't make it right.

2. Slander is illegal in America.

Here's why:

An action of slander required the following:

1. Actionable words, such as those imputing the injured party: is guilty of some offense, suffers from a contagious disease or psychological disorder, is unfit for public office because of moral failings or an inability to discharge his or her duties, or lacks integrity in profession, trade or business;

2.That the charge must be false;

3.That the charge must be articulated to a third person, verbally or in writing;

4.That the words are not subject to legal protection, such as those uttered in Congress; and

5.That the charge must be motivated by malice.

The above text is taken from Wikipedia's article on The First Amendment.

I think I said this before but let me reiterate:

> Call Muhammad a pedophile : slander.

>Call Muhammad a pedophile because he married a 9 year old girl: Criticism.

Tell me, which religion doesn't want to reign supreme?

For God's sake (if you believe in one or should I say "For freedom's sake"?) , don't give me that FOX news mentality. Talks about killing infidels and apostates...my fucking ass.

I believe I have the right to silence (by force if I'm not given any other option) to silence the bullshitter because he's actually going against his own law.

And calling Mohammed a pedophile isn't slander. He married a 9 year old girl. He had sexual intercourse with that girl. He is a pedophile.

Except for the fact that is not true.

Have you ever read the Quran Airshocker? Where did you get your information? Some bullshit website?

For the Record I'm not a Muslim, but let me educate you on how to research a topic before you comment on things. You should have learned this in school.

Mohammed married Aisha in contract initially and then she lived with him three years later. There are varying reports about her age when she married him some sources say 6,9,12,15 and the Shia say 18. According to Sheikh Hamza Yusuf all the narrations about her age at the time of marriage are singular narrations therefore there isn't one that stands out and we can affirm that narration.

In any case when she married him, she was fully formed woman, in other words capable of child birth. This was perfectly normal in that time, as it was the practice of the Arabs at that time to marry women at 12, when they had reached puberty and they did not live together until three years after that.

In most of the books, scholars generally say the age was twelve and then she went to live with him when she was fifteen, after the emigration to Medina.

This was a normal marriage in this time because another woman Khawla said why don't you marry Aisha, this confirms it as a practice of the people.

Also in the Quran, Mohammed had a dream where the angel Jibril was carrying a person and he asked who it was, the angel said it is your wife, the cloth was uncovered and it was Aisha, this happened three times. She was married to him before the Hijra to Medina and did not live with him until after which was some three years.

In the OLD TESTAMENT it states than any father who hasn’t married his daughter by the age of twelve, has dishonoured her.

Henry the 8th wed Anne Boleyn aged twelve.

Some Hindis marry when their brides are aged twelve, the Jewish tradition has about what age a woman should be when she marries, some say 6 others say 9 and 12.

Mary mother of Jesus according to some Christian sources was 12 when she gave birth to Jesus.

According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica puberty is “in human physiology, the stage or period of life when a child transforms into an adult normally capable of procreation,” which essentially means “sexually mature.” She was engaged before him to the son of Uqbah ibn Muayt. He was one of the idol worshipers of the Quraish, who had abandoned her because of her father’s strong position in supporting Islam.

Mohammed was not a Pedophile, he married Aisha through contract at the age of 12, and didn't live with her until she was 15.

People were and still are getting married in America at age 15 through it's history.

Drop some knowledge on yourself son, growing up as a racist dick wrinkle is no way to reach adulthood

Oh so just because we can point out other pedophile like behaviors and sexism in other parts of history, this some how make this ok... And yet again no one is glorifying those other examples, no one is saying those people are the perfect people.... I am quite certain here no one here is going to claim those people were not racist/xenophobic/sexist etc etc.. By today's standards those people are pedophiles, JUST like Mohammad... Mohammad wouldn't be getting this kind of criticism if it weren't for the fact that we have people claiming he is the perfect person.. Not the perfect person during that time period, or a person of the times, but THE perfect person. If your going to make a declaration like that, prepare to have shit hit the fan when we have evidence illustrating by today's standards he was not... If we actually had believers say that he was a flawed person and a person of the times, this wouldn't even be brought up.. Because in most cultures during that time it was common.. But we specifically have a group claiming he is the perfect human being and role model.

And before you go on to say that I am anti Islam.. Let me point out that I defended Muslims for their right to build a community center in New York near the trade tower site when many said it shouldn't happen.. I was for their right to build mosque's around the United States when many conservatives said they shouldn't be allowed for it.. I defended Islam when it was being painted with a brush across the board that all these people are extremists.. But that doesn't some how shield it from actual criticism, it can be criticized just like any belief.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

prejudice

[prej-uh-dis}

noun

Not sure why you're trying to rhyme here. It's cute but ineffective as a tool for argument.

Just because I have beef with Islam doesn't mean any of those things.

The only thing that's empty at this present time is the content of your posts. They're light on proof and heavy on bullshit. For instance, you don't know anything about what I read or what I watch. You have preconceived notions, not me.

Coming from the guy who doesn't know what the word prejudice means, I think it's safe to laugh at this.

I haven't slandered Mohammed. Since you're having such a hard time with definitions I can understand where you'd be confused.

So, in actuality, you're the prejudiced one here. Interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#406 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

What is so hard to understand about freedom of speech? You are allowed to express an opinion in the US and many other countries. I can say, "I think Lebron James is a shitty basketball player". I wont be thrown in jail. I wont be fined. People can disagree with my opinion but that's the nature of free speech.

Some people will agree with your opinion, some people won't. But **** you people for saying you cant speak you mind. Seriously, **** you. Every person, no matter how big or small they are, should be entitled to express their opinion. You don't have to agree with it. You dont have to respect it. But you have to allow them to express their own beliefs.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#407 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
@sSubZerOo said:
@thebest31406 said:
@fenriz275 said:

Someone should have an event where everyone is free to draw Mohammed, burn Bibles, and everything else that might offend someone if they really care about free speech and not just attacking one particular group they happen to not like at the moment. Otherwise I find their talk about defending their rights a bullsh*t claim.

I don't think I couldn't blatantly offended an entire group of people just spite a few terrorists, all in the name of "freedom". That would be analogous to say...partaking in an event to see who can draw the most offensive Black caricature; a "freedom of speech" reaction to say...a cartoonist who was beating and killed by few Black folk for his offensive Black depictions. Some of those who would engage in the event would say "Its not racism, this is about freedom of expression" Yeah, okay...but you're still engaging in a racist event by offending an entire race of people, just to spite a few.

And they are inclined to be assholes, I don't think anyone here is saying this guy isn't an ass.. It is more pointing out the language being used in which he is "provoking" people for violence and shouldn't be allowed to as stated by people around the country.. This became a freedom of speech argument when that happened to go down that route in which certain political commentaries BLAMED the 2 gunmen deaths on the draw Mohammad contest... And I am sorry but if your blatantly offended from a drawing you don't have to look at, grow a thicker skin and grow up..

People can and have been offended by all kinds of content; whether it be drawn, written, spoken or promoted on TV/movies. Being offended by certain types of content isn't unreasonable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@thebest31406 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@thebest31406 said:
@fenriz275 said:

Someone should have an event where everyone is free to draw Mohammed, burn Bibles, and everything else that might offend someone if they really care about free speech and not just attacking one particular group they happen to not like at the moment. Otherwise I find their talk about defending their rights a bullsh*t claim.

I don't think I couldn't blatantly offended an entire group of people just spite a few terrorists, all in the name of "freedom". That would be analogous to say...partaking in an event to see who can draw the most offensive Black caricature; a "freedom of speech" reaction to say...a cartoonist who was beating and killed by few Black folk for his offensive Black depictions. Some of those who would engage in the event would say "Its not racism, this is about freedom of expression" Yeah, okay...but you're still engaging in a racist event by offending an entire race of people, just to spite a few.

And they are inclined to be assholes, I don't think anyone here is saying this guy isn't an ass.. It is more pointing out the language being used in which he is "provoking" people for violence and shouldn't be allowed to as stated by people around the country.. This became a freedom of speech argument when that happened to go down that route in which certain political commentaries BLAMED the 2 gunmen deaths on the draw Mohammad contest... And I am sorry but if your blatantly offended from a drawing you don't have to look at, grow a thicker skin and grow up..

People can and have been offended by all kinds of content; whether it be drawn, written, spoken or promoted on TV/movies. Being offended by certain types of content isn't unreasonable.

It's not unreasonable to be offended but to expect anyone else to care is.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 thebest31406

@toast_burner said:
@thebest31406 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@thebest31406 said:
@fenriz275 said:

I don't recall expressing my expectations of anyone during this discussion...or did I?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@thebest31406 said:
@toast_burner said:
@thebest31406 said:

I don't recall expressing my expectations of anyone during this discussion...or did I?

I'm just pointing out the redundancy in saying something is offensive.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I can't believe in 2015 people are arguing that violence is the right course of action against being offended. And then they wonder why the world is so fucked up. THEY are the problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 deactivated-59d151f079814

@thebest31406 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@thebest31406 said:
@fenriz275 said:

That wasn't my point, my point is people were specifically blaming the people PROTESTING PEACEFULLY of the reaction by the two shooters.. If I called you a fucking asshole to your face, and you shot me for it.. Do you think every one would be standing around looking down at me and saying "Hey you shouldn't have called him a asshole buddy, that's what happens".

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 thebest31406

@toast_burner said:
@thebest31406 said:
@toast_burner said:
@thebest31406 said:

I'm just pointing out the redundancy in saying something is offensive.

okay, then. I'll be mindful of these redundancies in the future.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 thebest31406
@sSubZerOo said:
@thebest31406 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@thebest31406 said:
@fenriz275 said:

That wasn't my point, my point is people were specifically blaming the people PROTESTING PEACEFULLY of the reaction by the two shooters.. If I called you a fucking asshole to your face, and you shot me for it.. Do you think every one would be standing around looking down at me and saying "Hey you shouldn't have called him a asshole buddy, that's what happens".

I was specifically addressing the part where you suggested that folks shouldn't be insulted by a drawing. There's nothing with that in and of itself. Of course, killing the person who drew it is reprehensible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@toast_burner said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:

Islam is an ideology, not a person or group of people. If he said "I have a beef with Muslims" you would have a point, but he didn't say that.

Just apologize and move on. If anyone here is being prejudice it's you. He's not once mentioned Fox News or other Islamaphobes. Everything you've said is purely conjecture formed by the pre-existing idea that he hates Muslims.

Muslims are Islam. Without Islam there would not be Muslims.

Just like without Judaism there would be no Jews

What a brave White Knight!!!! Swooping in for the rescue. It's very cute.

After you are done here will you stroke my hair and sing softly into my ear?

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

prejudice

[prej-uh-dis}

noun

Not sure why you're trying to rhyme here. It's cute but ineffective as a tool for argument.

Just because I have beef with Islam doesn't mean any of those things.

The only thing that's empty at this present time is the content of your posts. They're light on proof and heavy on bullshit. For instance, you don't know anything about what I read or what I watch. You have preconceived notions, not me.

Coming from the guy who doesn't know what the word prejudice means, I think it's safe to laugh at this.

I haven't slandered Mohammed. Since you're having such a hard time with definitions I can understand where you'd be confused.

So, in actuality, you're the prejudiced one here. Interesting.

You've lost the debate and in desperation you've resorted to "I know you are, but what am I?"

Keep trying Pee Wee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Nuck81 said:
@toast_burner said:

Muslims are Islam. Without Islam there would not be Muslims.

Just like without Judaism there would be no Jews

What a brave White Knight!!!! Swooping in for the rescue. It's very cute.

After you are done here will you stroke my hair and sing softly into my ear?

Even after every Muslim dies, Islam will still exist. Nobody believes in the religion of the ancient Egyptians any more yet knowledge of it still exists. So no, Muslims are not Islam. You cannot be an ideology. What you're saying is just as illogical as saying "communists are communism". It's pseudo-intellectual nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@sSubZerOo said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@gwynnblade said:
@airshocker said:

I don't care what Alim said, you regurgitated it, so you explain it. The onus is on you to be clear enough in what you say so that others don't have trouble reading your words.

A protest is intended to express your feelings on a certain issue. Protests, when heavily supported, can certainly create change.

I don't care what BranKetra said. I'm talking to you. In this specific case, you can't slander Mohammed by calling him a pedophile. He is a pedophile. For us to slander him, even if we were in one of those states that has laws on defamation of the dead, it would have to be an untrue statement. It's not an untrue statement.

Your religion certainly does want to reign supreme. It talks about killing infidels and apostates. That doesn't sound like a religion that wants to live in peace. Furthermore, having a protest that criticizes your religion doesn't mean we aren't living in peace with you.

The issue here is you believe you have the right to silence people (by force) because they criticize your religion and your prophet. You are wrong. Not only legally, but morally as well.

Here's why:

1. Actionable words, such as those imputing the injured party: is guilty of some offense, suffers from a contagious disease or psychological disorder, is unfit for public office because of moral failings or an inability to discharge his or her duties, or lacks integrity in profession, trade or business;

3.That the charge must be articulated to a third person, verbally or in writing;

4.That the words are not subject to legal protection, such as those uttered in Congress; and

For God's sake (if you believe in one or should I say "For freedom's sake"?) , don't give me that FOX news mentality. Talks about killing infidels and apostates...my fucking ass.

I believe I have the right to silence (by force if I'm not given any other option) to silence the bullshitter because he's actually going against his own law.

And calling Mohammed a pedophile isn't slander. He married a 9 year old girl. He had sexual intercourse with that girl. He is a pedophile.

Have you ever read the Quran Airshocker? Where did you get your information? Some bullshit website?

For the Record I'm not a Muslim, but let me educate you on how to research a topic before you comment on things. You should have learned this in school.

Mohammed married Aisha in contract initially and then she lived with him three years later. There are varying reports about her age when she married him some sources say 6,9,12,15 and the Shia say 18. According to Sheikh Hamza Yusuf all the narrations about her age at the time of marriage are singular narrations therefore there isn't one that stands out and we can affirm that narration.

In any case when she married him, she was fully formed woman, in other words capable of child birth. This was perfectly normal in that time, as it was the practice of the Arabs at that time to marry women at 12, when they had reached puberty and they did not live together until three years after that.

In most of the books, scholars generally say the age was twelve and then she went to live with him when she was fifteen, after the emigration to Medina.

This was a normal marriage in this time because another woman Khawla said why don't you marry Aisha, this confirms it as a practice of the people.

Also in the Quran, Mohammed had a dream where the angel Jibril was carrying a person and he asked who it was, the angel said it is your wife, the cloth was uncovered and it was Aisha, this happened three times. She was married to him before the Hijra to Medina and did not live with him until after which was some three years.

In the OLD TESTAMENT it states than any father who hasn’t married his daughter by the age of twelve, has dishonoured her.

Some Hindis marry when their brides are aged twelve, the Jewish tradition has about what age a woman should be when she marries, some say 6 others say 9 and 12.

Mary mother of Jesus according to some Christian sources was 12 when she gave birth to Jesus.

According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica puberty is “in human physiology, the stage or period of life when a child transforms into an adult normally capable of procreation,” which essentially means “sexually mature.” She was engaged before him to the son of Uqbah ibn Muayt. He was one of the idol worshipers of the Quraish, who had abandoned her because of her father’s strong position in supporting Islam.

Mohammed was not a Pedophile, he married Aisha through contract at the age of 12, and didn't live with her until she was 15.

People were and still are getting married in America at age 15 through it's history.

Drop some knowledge on yourself son, growing up as a racist dick wrinkle is no way to reach adulthood

Oh so just because we can point out other pedophile like behaviors and sexism in other parts of history, this some how make this ok... And yet again no one is glorifying those other examples, no one is saying those people are the perfect people.... I am quite certain here no one here is going to claim those people were not racist/xenophobic/sexist etc etc.. By today's standards those people are pedophiles, JUST like Mohammad... Mohammad wouldn't be getting this kind of criticism if it weren't for the fact that we have people claiming he is the perfect person.. Not the perfect person during that time period, or a person of the times, but THE perfect person. If your going to make a declaration like that, prepare to have shit hit the fan when we have evidence illustrating by today's standards he was not... If we actually had believers say that he was a flawed person and a person of the times, this wouldn't even be brought up.. Because in most cultures during that time it was common.. But we specifically have a group claiming he is the perfect human being and role model.

And before you go on to say that I am anti Islam.. Let me point out that I defended Muslims for their right to build a community center in New York near the trade tower site when many said it shouldn't happen.. I was for their right to build mosque's around the United States when many conservatives said they shouldn't be allowed for it.. I defended Islam when it was being painted with a brush across the board that all these people are extremists.. But that doesn't some how shield it from actual criticism, it can be criticized just like any belief.

Finally someone who wants to have a discussion!!

You're a little off base, and very liberal with your use of the term Pedophile.

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger. Per Wikipedia

Pedophilia deals exclusively with prepubescent children, something that by all reliably accounts Aisha was not. She was at the earliest 12, and most likely 15 when they married.

The term your looking for is actually Ephebophilia which is exclusive attraction to POST pubescent teens, generally 15-19. However, as the Prophet was married to multiple women of all ages, the term EXCLUSIVE can't be used, so Ephebophilia is not accurate either.

And honestly, I understand your firm stance on the modern statutory age of 18, as it is the entire crux of your argument. But again you are off base, and although you may believe you can simply dismiss any historical context, it's asinine to do so.

There is a very practical reason that for most of human history, women were married and conceived children soon after puberty.

Other than the fact that the age of 18 was irrelevant because most didn't even know their exact age, they judged age on what season they were born, and how many had past since. It's the fact that by the time women were 18-20 years old, they were practically passed middle age.

For commoners and peasents through history to reach 40 was old, and to hit 50 you were considered ancient. You HAD to marry at 15 in order to birth and raise your children to post pubescence, so that they could do the same thing.

It's only been the last 100 years that society has began to wait until the late teens or 20's to marry, and really the last 30 years for it to be common for people to marry even later.

I didn't get married till I was 31, but we waited until we were financially secure and virtually debt free.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 thebest31406

@Nuck81: Finally someone who wants to have a discussion!!

lol! It can be difficult to find such people here but there are some who are still willing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Nuck81 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@gwynnblade said:
@airshocker said:

Here's why:

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger. Per Wikipedia

Pedophilia deals exclusively with prepubescent children, something that by all reliably accounts Aisha was not. She was at the earliest 12, and most likely 15 when they married.

The term your looking for is actually Ephebophilia which is exclusive attraction to POST pubescent teens, generally 15-19. However, as the Prophet was married to multiple women of all ages, the term EXCLUSIVE can't be used, so Ephebophilia is not accurate either.

And honestly, I understand your firm stance on the modern statutory age of 18, as it is the entire crux of your argument. But again you are off base, and although you may believe you can simply dismiss any historical context, it's asinine to do so.

There is a very practical reason that for most of human history, women were married and conceived children soon after puberty.

Other than the fact that the age of 18 was irrelevant because most didn't even know their exact age, they judged age on what season they were born, and how many had past since. It's the fact that by the time women were 18-20 years old, they were practically passed middle age.

For commoners and peasents through history to reach 40 was old, and to hit 50 you were considered ancient. You HAD to marry at 15 in order to birth and raise your children to post pubescence, so that they could do the same thing.

It's only been the last 100 years that society has began to wait until the late teens or 20's to marry, and really the last 30 years for it to be common for people to marry even later.

I didn't get married till I was 31, but we waited until we were financially secure and virtually debt free.

Your still listed as a pedophile by today's standards. The fact your bringing up time period conditions proves my point even further, he was a product of the time period and culture.. Just like I am sure Mohammad beat his wives like basically every person did in that time period because it was socially acceptable in those periods.. The only thing I am saying is Mohammad is a person of his times as much as anyone else. If your going to state he is the perfect person to emulate in all standards, be prepared to have people call you out on it.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@Nuck81 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@gwynnblade said:
@airshocker said:

Here's why:

Your still listed as a pedophile by today's standards. The fact your bringing up time period conditions proves my point even further, he was a product of the time period and culture.. Just like I am sure Mohammad beat his wives like basically every person did in that time period because it was socially acceptable in those periods.. The only thing I am saying is Mohammad is a person of his times as much as anyone else. If your going to state he is the perfect person to emulate in all standards, be prepared to have people call you out on it.

Seems like you didn't actually want a discussion.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#422  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

>arguing over fairy tales

>2015

Come on guys...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Please stop quoting me when you are replying to other people. If you hover your mouse over each individual post when you're typing a response it gives you the option to delete them.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

I think we can all agree that religious texts do contain good morals and values we can all agree on but also recognize that these books were written during times where we knew very little about ourselves, our world, and how we had a different set of morals of that time. And that's okay. In the year 3000, they'll probably figure out new scientific theories and probably have new religions and then scoff how we (21st century folks) lived and what we believed in.

Seriously this thread is dildos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 deactivated-59d151f079814
@gwynnblade said:

Seems like you didn't actually want a discussion.

Seems like you actually didn't read the discussion Gwynn.. I pointed out that Mohammad was a person of his time period.. And by those accounts his marriage and relations with a underage girl by today's standards CAN be criticized if we have people TODAY that are saying he is perfect.. He more or less proved this statement by giving REASONS why my point is in fact TRUE in explaining why HE was a person of that time.. When you have people trying to claim that he is in fact perfect person to emulate by today with out this historical perspective on things, be prepared to be shown that he a incredibly flawed person by today's standards like everyone in different time periods..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@sSubZerOo said:
@Nuck81 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Nuck81 said:
@airshocker said:
@gwynnblade said:
@airshocker said:

Here's why:

You're still off base.

By today's standards he still would NOT be a pedophile, because by MODERN Medical definition a pedophile is someone that has exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent adolescents.

Aisha was by most accounts 15 when they married and passed puberty.

Therefore by TODAY'S standards, he isn't a pedophile. You can continue to use the term if you like, but that doesn't make you correct.

Also I'm not a Muslim, I never said, or ever believed Mohammed was a perfect man.