How well do you think you understand the world?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I make an attempt to learn about various cultures, languages, religions, and geographical regions causing me to have a certain book knowledge on the world. However, in no conceivable way do I as a white male in America feel as if I truly grasp the world in which the rest of humanity lives.ghoklebutter

So if you were a biracial, transgender, bisexual woman, you'd know everything.

I fit in all three of those categories, and I have never claimed to know everything. However, usually, more privileged folks can't understand the plight of underprivileged groups as readily as underprivileged folks. Privileged folks shouldn't be blamed for having a clouded perspective of the lives of underprivileged groups, as privileged folks are only that way because of their life experience, but it's something they should be at least be aware of.

You were born a guy became a woman then proceeded to date other women?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Essentially nothing. Anybody who thinks they understand the world is full of sh*t.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="MetalDogGear"] So if you were a biracial, transgender, bisexual woman, you'd know everything.jeremiah06
I fit in all three of those categories, and I have never claimed to know everything. However, usually, more privileged folks can't understand the plight of underprivileged groups as readily as underprivileged folks. Privileged folks shouldn't be blamed for having a clouded perspective of the lives of underprivileged groups, as privileged folks are only that way because of their life experience, but it's something they should be at least be aware of.

You were born a guy became a woman then proceeded to date other women?

I wasn't born male; I was just born with a male body. My real sex always has and always will be female, whether I transition or not (although I will transition as soon as I get the chance to do so).

Nor have I dated anyone.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#54 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates