How well do you think you understand the world?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -
Right now the world is pretty dangerous. So I wonder what your opinions are about the world. Please provide info for your reason. You don't have to.
#2 Posted by one_plum (6344 posts) -

Very well. I live on the highest ivory tower.

#3 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -
Not even one iota.
#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

It's quite mixed,and chaotic.

#5 Posted by KiIIyou (27139 posts) -
World go spin, sun make warm, and moon makes waves.
#6 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

Very well. I live on the highest ivory tower.

one_plum
Racist
#7 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Peasants.

#8 Posted by jesuschristmonk (3303 posts) -

I live in Delaware. So not that well I guess.

I don't watch the news on a regular basis, or really keep up with every, so I tend to get my info a bit late :P

#9 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

I like to think I know enough to have an informed opinion about a lot of things.  There's always room to learn more though.

#10 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

There's a lot of things I don't have a clue about.  But I like to think I understand the more simple aspects and some complex ones.

#11 Posted by mattbbpl (10570 posts) -
I know enough to know that I know relatively little.
#12 Posted by sonicare (53451 posts) -

I pretty much have it all figured out.

#13 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

sonicare
2 things: What's the deal with the Bermuda triangle? A ND Just how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?
#14 Posted by sonicare (53451 posts) -
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

22Toothpicks
2 things: What's the deal with the Bermuda triangle? A ND Just how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?

1. Merely a combination of human error, jetstream currents, and bad weather. 2. 79
#15 Posted by wis3boi (31111 posts) -

World go spin, sun make warm, and moon makes waves.KiIIyou

And a partridge in a pear tree

#16 Posted by magicalclick (22439 posts) -
Hmmm..... I know a bit of society and human interactions. Cannot understand the world outside Earth as they are too far away for me to care.
#18 Posted by KiIIyou (27139 posts) -

[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]World go spin, sun make warm, and moon makes waves.wis3boi

And a partridge in a pear tree

FALA LALA LA LALALA FA LALA LA LA LAAAA
#19 Posted by mindstorm (15242 posts) -
I make an attempt to learn about various cultures, languages, religions, and geographical regions causing me to have a certain book knowledge on the world. However, in no conceivable way do I as a white male in America feel as if I truly grasp the world in which the rest of humanity lives.
#20 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

I am naiive and lack experience.

#21 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -

I don't need to, I just look down on everyone in it just the same.

#22 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

I make an attempt to learn about various cultures, languages, religions, and geographical regions causing me to have a certain book knowledge on the world. However, in no conceivable way do I as a white male in America feel as if I truly grasp the world in which the rest of humanity lives.mindstorm
So if you were a biracial, transgender, bisexual woman, you'd know everything.

#23 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
I have an ok idea of some things. I've been to several different countries, lived in Australia most of my life, been in the US the last few years. I'm also 29 years old so I have a bit of life experience.
#24 Posted by mindstorm (15242 posts) -

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I make an attempt to learn about various cultures, languages, religions, and geographical regions causing me to have a certain book knowledge on the world. However, in no conceivable way do I as a white male in America feel as if I truly grasp the world in which the rest of humanity lives.MetalDogGear

My point is more that I most likely have it easy compared to most people in the world.
#25 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

It's flat.

#26 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

It's flat.

GOGOGOGURT

This is for you.

#27 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -
[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I make an attempt to learn about various cultures, languages, religions, and geographical regions causing me to have a certain book knowledge on the world. However, in no conceivable way do I as a white male in America feel as if I truly grasp the world in which the rest of humanity lives.mindstorm

My point is more that I most likely have it easy compared to most people in the world.

Well I'm glad that you acknowledge your White male priviledge
#28 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15916 posts) -

I have an understanding only of the places I've been to and spent time in. It may seem a lot to me. But, compared to the whole world, it's just a tiny portion.

#29 Posted by Wasdie (49626 posts) -

I understand it enough to know that I don't know squat and passing judgement on what I read, see, or hear is extremely ignorant of myself.

#30 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

It's flat.

22Toothpicks

This is for you.

I'm the president.

#31 Posted by roulettethedog (10953 posts) -

I stay in the U.S.A. where I know the laws.

#32 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

A lot better now than when I started.

#33 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -
Well form what I read (this is my opinion so don't get angry) that it seems that alot of people don't care about the world. Some people do. Like my step-dad says,"Only about 2% of the people in the world have enough common sense to survive." So what he means is haveing a good education to get good jobs to at least feed an entire family. Also you think about the environment. China is going through some major pollution problems (go figure) because of all the factory work they do. North Korea you can't so into or get out. Otherwise you'll be killed. (I'm going to sound stupid) But you also need to understand your country the most to really survive. Out in the real world people get killed for no reason at just because there are bad people out. Hope this may help.
#34 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I understand it, but learn new things every day.
#35 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -
I understand it, but learn new things every day.Zeviander
Then you Zeviander have common sense.:)
#36 Posted by InEMplease (6333 posts) -

What does that mean?  Do I understand the world?  Can I communicate with it?

Yes, I can communicate with the world.  It really dislikes that HoneyBooBoo show.

Or, do I understand how the world works?  Rotation, revolution around the sun, climate change, etc?  Yes, I know how that works, and I understand how it can.  Thanks to many brilliant minds.

Mabe you're asking if I understand the people of this world?  Yes and no.  I'm sure you can imagine why.

#37 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -
[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

Yes, I can communicate with the world.  It really dislikes that HoneyBooBoo show.

Or, do I understand how the world works?  Rotation, revolution around the sun, climate change, etc?  Yes, I know how that works, and I understand how it can.  Thanks to many brilliant minds.

Mabe you're asking if I understand the people of this world?  Yes and no.  I'm sure you can imagine why.

I'm asking about the economy. The way the people are of our world.
#38 Posted by InEMplease (6333 posts) -

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

RedAlert8

I'm asking about the economy. The way the people are of our world.

World economy?  My understanding is the rich stay rich as long as they successfully fight off anyone trying to take their power.

#39 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I make an attempt to learn about various cultures, languages, religions, and geographical regions causing me to have a certain book knowledge on the world. However, in no conceivable way do I as a white male in America feel as if I truly grasp the world in which the rest of humanity lives.MetalDogGear

I fit in all three of those categories, and I have never claimed to know everything. However, usually, more privileged folks can't understand the plight of underprivileged groups as readily as underprivileged folks. Privileged folks shouldn't be blamed for having a clouded perspective of the lives of underprivileged groups, as privileged folks are only that way because of their life experience, but it's something they should be at least be aware of.
#40 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -
I dont think thats correct:P
#41 Posted by LOXO7 (5549 posts) -
#42 Posted by tocool340 (20485 posts) -
I understand all I care to know about the world. So I'll just quote Killyou for a placeholder answer....
#43 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
I know nothing. This world is random, never was meant to be understood. Just control it to your best extent.
#44 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Well,as i said bfr,it's chaotic.

There are thing i don't know,and things i(we)never will.

But i think it's somewhat like a herd..

We are the sheep,and the goverment/army/police our sheepdogs & shepperds.

>_>

#45 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -

I never thought that I would get that many deep thoughts. Thank you for posting your opinions!;)

#46 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -
Actually, the moon doesn't make waves (except small waves). It creates the tides.
#47 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

Not in the slightest, but I enjoy the chaos.

#48 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Not in the slightest, but I enjoy the chaos.

Blueresident87

Chaos Magician?

#49 Posted by wis3boi (31111 posts) -

[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]World go spin, sun make warm, and moon makes waves.RedAlert8
Actually, the moon doesn't make waves (except small waves). It creates the tides.

Your mom makes the waves, though.

#50 Posted by RedAlert8 (45 posts) -

[QUOTE="RedAlert8"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]World go spin, sun make warm, and moon makes waves.wis3boi

Your mom makes the waves, though.

How exactly?