Ghost encounters in real life.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark_rage864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_rage864
Member since 2007 • 812 Posts

Share your stories on any ghost encounters you had in real life.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

Don't know if I can call them ghost stories, but one time at my aunts house, I was hanging in the living room watching a movie. My mom came to watch the movie with me and we were the only 2 in the house, my aunt was out doing groceries with her son or something. I then hear 2 knocks. I automatically assume its the front door so I walk over and yell "who is it?". There was no answer, and the no one at the door. After taking a few more steps toward the door, 2 knocks came from my cousins bedroom which is closer to the living room where my mom and I were. Freaked me the hell out and made me want to leave. I stayed the night though because my mom was in a fight with my dad lol.

2nd time was in the same house. This time I was taking a dump with the door locked and shut. Next thing I know the door blows open. I was the only one in the house at that moment. I never went back after this lmao.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
On a ghost tour in a haunted jail.... I saw something, it was like a white light out of the corner of my eye, moving through other people on the tour. It was less than a second, but my GF also saw it so it wasn't my eyes playing a prank on me.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Nothin', s'all fake

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
A long time ago at my granddad's place I heard doors opening and closing right before my eyes without a person touching them...and no, it wasn't the wind. Some times there are no logical explanations for things like this.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

I swear I saw somebody when I was pooping once. Probably a ghost.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

The_Lipscomb

Were you under the influence?

Oh and one time when coming home late, somewhere past midnight, on the side of the road I thought i saw a person standing there but when I looked back they weren't there. Can't think of anything else.

DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DevilishStyles
Member since 2010 • 766 Posts

Take note at how these encounters happen at night and never during the day. 

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

The_Lipscomb
Poor ghost. :P
0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

DevilishStyles
Yeah I realized that. Maybe ghosts are nocturnal :)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

DevilishStyles
Yes, they mostly come out at night.
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DevilishStyles

[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

FelipeInside

Care to explain to me why that is? 

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

DevilishStyles

Got to avoid sun burn.
DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DevilishStyles
[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Yes, they mostly come out at night.zeroyaoi

Got to avoid sun burn.

Good enough. When I become a ghost i'll remember that.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I really wish a hot ghost lived in my room and raped me as she pleased.
keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

DevilishStyles

There are quite a few reports of ghost encounters during the day time.  Most of them pertain to people who claim to live or had once lived in haunted houses or worked in placed that were haunted.

The validity of such claims is of course subject to skepticism.  In my experience most ghost encounters can be explained if someone with a decent knowledge of psychics and deduction skills looks into it with any depth.  Now and then you can come across some that aren't so easy to dismiss however.

I used to do a bit of urban exploration/ghost hunting when I was young, I never once encountered anything definitive.  The closest would be when we were at an old burned down farmhouse that a young boy supposedly died in from the fire.  It was a clear night with a bright moon.  Behind the house was a hill that had a barn at the base and cornfields behind it.  Another person and myself were at the top of the hill talking, the rest were down by the cornfield.  Then they were suddenly running up the hill towards us at full speed.  Behind then I can very clearly see a dark shadow behind them at the base of the hill.

I'll be the first to admit It's more likely it was a wild animal, as they did get a distinct growling noise on the voice recorder.  Though that's exactly why we didn't stick around to find out.  Given we had to deal with being stalked by a pack of coyotes on two separate occasions prior to that night.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

There is no such thing as ghosts. It is always me with a bed sheet on my head :) I also use an invisibility cloak while throwing dishes at people in their homes. That is the best.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Last December I was trying to get some sleep about a week before Christmas. I was home alone as my sisters were at my aunt's home and my folks were in Vegas for a pool tournament.

Around 1 in the morning, I woke up because I started hearing crying outside my bedroom door, really loud stuff, like someone just discovered a loved one's body. It went on for 2 straight hours, nothing but wailing and screaming until 3 in the morning. I was so spooked that I called my friend who was getting ready to go on his paper route and went with him. I ended up developing temporary insomnia and didn't sleep for a week and a half. I didn't go back into my room at night until February.

I haven't heard the crying since, but I'm still pretty weirded out by it. Whatever the f*ck it was, it scared the shit out of me.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Everyone in my family has experienced ghosts in my home, including the friends that slept over.

I have on that is kinda funny, I have a bunch of stories but I do enjoy this one since it is more believeable to me. When I first moved into our newly rented home, I decided to take a piss in the upstairs bathroom. While I was taking a piss, I saw my curtains be hit by a force, sort of like a poke but a forceful one. I was started and confused, so I opened the curtains to see what might have caused it.

At first I thought it was my cat chillin in the tub, but there was nothing there that could have caused it. I even checked for insects to see if any had fallen, but nothing. Then I knew this house had something and everyone could feel it. Not evil or anything but someone lost that would wonder around upstairs and go up and down the stairs a lot like a broken record. 

I've also had my shoe levitate once while I was playing my PSP. This was like the first time I've seen things move on their own that wasn't all that bad and annoying with sounds and name calls like my previous homes.

Each home I've been in has a different feel and the experiences are always different. It makes me wonder how you could profile these things, something that isn't physically there in front you to study.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

DevilishStyles

Cause if they came out at daylight they wouldn't be as scary silly...
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

DevilishStyles
I've had it happen during the day, but it usually happens when it's quiet and you focus to much on surroundings. If you don't think about it then nothing happens. The brain tends to let things happen when you desire them most.
SultaN-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SultaN-s
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

I believe in many of myths. But I don't believe in ghosts. Because when we are dead, we leave this world. Or at least that's what I think.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Nothin', s'all fake

wis3boi
don't bother this guy ... he celebrate christmas lol
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
I was at my godfathers house, and I went to his garage, and I ran in a Twi'lek, those dopey looking things from Star Wars... in retrospect I think it's telling of the power of the imagination because I could almost swear it happened (in memory). Once when I was home alone I was drinking a glass orange juice, and I set it down in front of me on the table, and the glass started sliding toward me, no ghost but it moved toward me on its own, maybe condensation on the glass caused it to slide, but it freak me out for a second, then I was thinking to myself "did that just happen?".
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

There's no such thing as ghosts. And no, I'm not a skeptic. I believe in the supernatural, but just not ghosts.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

There's no such thing as ghosts. And no, I'm not a skeptic. I believe in the supernatural, but just not ghosts.

th3warr1or
Wrong, they appear in the new Call of Duty... :P
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#27 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I went through a period of seeing figures out the corner on my eye. Don't know why it stopped. The mind is a funny thing.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShadowsDemon

th3warr1or
I agree on this. When you're dead you're dead. Ghosts =/= spirits.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
For someone to think they've had a genuine ghost experience they must be really arrogant, because they're essentially saying they know all there is to know about the natural world, and this thing they've experienced that they cannot explain must therefor be supernatural.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
For someone to think they've had a genuine ghost experience they must be really arrogant, because they're essentially saying they know all there is to know about the natural world, and this thing they've experienced that they cannot explain must therefor be supernatural.PernicioEnigma
I've always found this view perplexing. What's to say the "supernatural" isn't part of the natural world? I mean, it's called "supernatural" now, but in a thousand years time it might just be an accepted fact by the same way decomposition is.
Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

I used to be able to see shadows/ figures. Now I feel nothing. 

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]For someone to think they've had a genuine ghost experience they must be really arrogant, because they're essentially saying they know all there is to know about the natural world, and this thing they've experienced that they cannot explain must therefor be supernatural.th3warr1or
I've always found this view perplexing. What's to say the "supernatural" isn't part of the natural world? I mean, it's called "supernatural" now, but in a thousand years time it might just be an accepted fact by the same way decomposition is.

Indeed. Anything could happen.
dark_rage864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dark_rage864

Last December I was trying to get some sleep about a week before Christmas. I was home alone as my sisters were at my aunt's home and my folks were in Vegas for a pool tournament.

Around 1 in the morning, I woke up because I started hearing crying outside my bedroom door, really loud stuff, like someone just discovered a loved one's body. It went on for 2 straight hours, nothing but wailing and screaming until 3 in the morning. I was so spooked that I called my friend who was getting ready to go on his paper route and went with him. I ended up developing temporary insomnia and didn't sleep for a week and a half. I didn't go back into my room at night until February.

I haven't heard the crying since, but I'm still pretty weirded out by it. Whatever the f*ck it was, it scared the shit out of me.

WiiCubeM1

that sounds messed up :O

LAN7ERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LAN7ERN
Member since 2013 • 352 Posts
I have never had an encounter with a ghost.
byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilishStyles"]

keech

There are quite a few reports of ghost encounters during the day time.  Most of them pertain to people who claim to live or had once lived in haunted houses or worked in placed that were haunted.

The validity of such claims is of course subject to skepticism.  In my experience most ghost encounters can be explained if someone with a decent knowledge of psychics and deduction skills looks into it with any depth.  Now and then you can come across some that aren't so easy to dismiss however.

I used to do a bit of urban exploration/ghost hunting when I was young, I never once encountered anything definitive.  The closest would be when we were at an old burned down farmhouse that a young boy supposedly died in from the fire.  It was a clear night with a bright moon.  Behind the house was a hill that had a barn at the base and cornfields behind it.  Another person and myself were at the top of the hill talking, the rest were down by the cornfield.  Then they were suddenly running up the hill towards us at full speed.  Behind then I can very clearly see a dark shadow behind them at the base of the hill.

I'll be the first to admit It's more likely it was a wild animal, as they did get a distinct growling noise on the voice recorder.  Though that's exactly why we didn't stick around to find out.  Given we had to deal with being stalked by a pack of coyotes on two separate occasions prior to that night.

but were they coyotes...or SKIN WALKERS!

edit: note my avy when reading this.

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts

i was at camp once and we were in the woods and i turned and saw a creepy girl behind my friend and i rubbed my eyes and looked again and she was gone, when we went back to our cabin i told my friend and he was terrified,

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
I've seen two ghosts, both at the same place when I was a teen back in the 1990s. The first was during midnight, I had gotten up to get something to drink - my teen years were largely spent at a school in the Scottish Highlands that has been around since around the 18th or 19th century and I would spend much of my time there and go home every second weekend - and as I was heading back to bed I looked out of one of the windows that was facing the front drive way up into the school grounds. Now I knew everyone else was asleep, the night staff were downstairs, and I saw a kind of white human shape flying across the front drive way into the back section of the school grounds. The second time was unusual, it was a week or so later and it was still day time, around four in the afternoon or so, and this person I had never seen before just appeared in front of me and several others, it just hovered there looking at us. I didn't say anything because I knew that no one else could see it, no one else was paying attention. It just hovered there for several seconds then faded away, leaving behind a feeling of sadness. I never saw it again. The village I live in here in Scotland has an old house from around the mid 1800s or so at the back of the village, it's believed to be haunted. A local man who was hired by the current resident - who is too terrified to even enter the house, whenever she's gone in she runs out screaming, so she lives in a caravan close to the house - to do some renovation work. The man reported feeling like he was being watched by something in the house, and he was the only person in the house. Not long after he ran out of the house and refused to go back in. He tried to find out any information on the house's history and he's found very little, it's like someone has tried to destroy all records of the house. But he did find an old news article about a fire that has happened in a barn close to the house and a young girl dying in the fire. The house has got a vibe to it, sometimes it's like it's shifting it's shape, other times you get the strongest feeling that you're being watched from something or someone in the house. It's a pretty creepy place, the trees there never have any leaves even in the spring and summer, animals don't get too close to it. http://reinahw.deviantart.com/art/Sandhaven-And-Pitullie-Picture-8-369864258 - The house is in that picture, I took a picture a while ago.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts
A ghost pulled my mom's hair for a couple weeks. Long story, but I saw it with my own eyes.
dark_rage864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dark_rage864

A ghost pulled my mom's hair for a couple weeks. Long story, but I saw it with my own eyes.BMD004

you sure it wasn't the wind?

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

I've said this one before, but it's kind of strange.

Apparently, when I was a very young kid, like just learned how to talk young, I started to ask my mum who the boy in my room was. When she asked me what he looked like, I described him as a medieval prince. At that point in time I had absolutely no idea what a medieval prince really looked like. I don't remember any of this myself, but it's pretty interesting.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]For someone to think they've had a genuine ghost experience they must be really arrogant, because they're essentially saying they know all there is to know about the natural world, and this thing they've experienced that they cannot explain must therefor be supernatural.th3warr1or

For me, the term "supernatural" is used as a scapegoat by people to take something they don't understand fully and make wild, unfounded claims which they claim as credible because they experienced something that is not part of the natural world. I'm using the term "supernatural" as something which is explicitly NOT part of nature, as apposed to simply being a natural phenomena we don't understand. Are you suggesting I'm wrong because ghost may very well be a natural phenomena? I'm not saying they're not, my issue is with people who jump straight to this conclusion simply because they experience something they cannot explain, as though their "supernatural" experience couldn't possibly be explained through the usual methods of investigation.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

So my bathroom is connected to my room, so the only way to access it is to walk all the way across my room and get to the door. My father was out of town and my mom was asleep, but their room is at the complete opposite end of the house. I always sleep with my door closed, and I have a really creaky door that usually wakes me up when someone opens it (i'm an extremely light sleeper.) I also keep my bathroom door closed when I'm asleep, no idea why but I just do, and one night around 3 or 4ish I could have SWORN I heard a light clicking noise from inside the bathroom, and the overhead bathroom light suddenly turned on, I could see the light from the crack under the door. Like I said, if my mom were to randomly come in and go in my bathroom for any reason, I would have heard it because that door wakes me up. I ended up asking her anyway and of course she said she was dead asleep and never went in there, and she doesn't sleepwalk either.

REALLY freaked me out because I've never experienced anything like that before, but yeah. Lights suddenly turning on is definitely more of a rare occurance than lights turning off. 

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I never but lot of my relatives actually experience Jinn.

SNIPER4321

whats a jinn ? :|

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

While I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm still way to smart to believe in ghosts.

I have seen things that less intelligent people would think are ghosts, but I acknowledge them for what they are, hallucinations. 

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShadowsDemon

While I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm still way to smart to believe in ghosts.toast_burner

Ah, the enlightened one returns to put us in our place. How we have missed you. :roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

While I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm still way to smart to believe in ghosts.ShadowsDemon

Ah, the enlightened one returns to put us in our place. How we have missed you. :roll:

Glad you missed me. My next lesson of the day is that an eclipse sn't actually the moon disappearing, and father Christmas isn't real.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

While I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm still way to smart to believe in ghosts.toast_burner

Glad you missed me. My next lesson of the day is that an eclipse sn't actually the moon disappearing, and father Christmas isn't real.

That's besides the point. Who are you to say that those who believe in ghosts and the supernatural aren't intelligent? You come off as arrogant and balloon-headed.
The4thVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The4thVIII
Member since 2013 • 420 Posts
I saw the holy ghost at the Mosque the other day. This means that Mosques are a part of the trinity.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I can't say I've ever had one. A lot of "bad feelings" about certain places, but nothing objectively verifiable.