Do you find teens/adults that watch children's cartoons creepy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#201 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"] There's a difference between being a fan of MLP and going out of your way to buy pinkie pie shirts and dolls and posters and memorizing every linesupa_badman

What's the difference between that and people who buy gaming merchandise like T-Shirts, posters, and remember lines from videogames?

Also...how do you know who Pinkie Pie is?

Not much. Which is the exact point I was making. I'm a friend with a newly converted brony and I don't hear the end of it

Well, I don't see what's wrong in supporting something that you like by buying merchandise of it like a stupid little shirt or something. We all like different things and what we do with what we like is up to us whether that is to wear a T-Shirt that supports it or just sing a little song in your head.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#202 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="meconate"][QUOTE="supa_badman"] There's a difference between being a fan of MLP and going out of your way to buy pinkie pie shirts and dolls and posters and memorizing every line

...I own a Twilight Sparkle t-shirt. A friend bought me it because she knew I liked the show. She also bought me a doll of it. I'm not ashamed to own MLP merchandise or to be a fan of the show because I enjoy watching the show. I don't enjoy the brony community because about 95% of them are just annoying, weird and downright embarrassing.

Oh ok. Well I guess that's fine, but there's definitely some different degrees of a passive fan and raving psychotic
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="supa_badman"] There's a difference between being a fan of MLP and going out of your way to buy pinkie pie shirts and dolls and posters and memorizing every linemeconate
...I own a Twilight Sparkle t-shirt. A friend bought me it because she knew I liked the show. She also bought me a doll of it. I'm not ashamed to own MLP merchandise or to be a fan of the show because I enjoy watching the show. I don't enjoy the brony community because about 95% of them are just annoying, weird and downright embarrassing.

Where do you find those bronies? My percentages of them are more in the 5%, really.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#204 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

What's the difference between that and people who buy gaming merchandise like T-Shirts, posters, and remember lines from videogames?

Also...how do you know who Pinkie Pie is?

Goyoshi12

Not much. Which is the exact point I was making. I'm a friend with a newly converted brony and I don't hear the end of it

Well, I don't see what's wrong in supporting something that you like by buying merchandise of it like a stupid little shirt or something. We all like different things and what we do with what we like is up to us whether that is to wear a T-Shirt that supports it or just sing a little song in your head.

There's definitely grey area
Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#205 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
nah I loves me some adventure time
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Where do you find those bronies? My percentages of them are more in the 5%, really.

meconate

Are you serious? The 'brony' community is growing ever more and more stupid by the second. They latch onto stuff that isn't funny and kill it faster than the failed 'arrow to the knee' memes and yet insist in shoving it down people's throats. But hey, when people give a negative reaction to the show, they completely abandon this whole 'love and tolerance' crap they pretend to abide by and start spouting crap. Recently this whole 'Gak' fetish has started due to the premier of season 3 showing advertisements for the product. Now bronies draw pictures of ponies covered in the stuff and worse. Heck, I'm starting to hate being referred to as a brony any more.

.....you know.... I've noticed a lot of bronies got sick and tired of that as well. Heck, on the video for the Season 3 premier practically every Gak comment is spammed and people are telling those who say Gak to pretty much shut up.

Besides, is that really your basis? This one stupid little turn of events and suddenly you hate everyone? That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Need to let off some steam. Time to get in on this action!

[QUOTE="supa_badman"] There's a difference between being a fan of MLP and going out of your way to buy pinkie pie shirts and dolls and posters and memorizing every linemeconate

I got a couple of shirts about a month ago. One is the "Have a Derpy day" shirt, and the other is a black Wonderbolts Screaming for Vengeance shirt (I also have a bonus bag and poster they sent me). And I really see no problem with owning all that.

If there's a metal band I like, I'll most likely get a shirt of that band. If there's a game I like, I may get a figure or a shirt of that as well.

Exact same thing for MLP. Though of course there's still plenty of over the top fans (as with anything popular). But fans of the show tend to only get singled out becase it's "girly". And that's all the arguments really come down to, while competely disregarding everything else.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I don't watch any of those shows, but I'll watch a lot of cartoons I grew up with, and some newer ones. I still watch Arthur regularly and judging by the comments on youtube videos of the episodes, a lot of people in their 20s do. I'm also quite fond of watching Max and Ruby at 3 am when I'm tired but can't sleep, from a psychoanalysis standpoint. I also like to call Ruby a b*tch.

I don't think it's creepy at all for adults to watch those shows unless the intent is to be able to use their knowledge of the show to bond with children they have the intent of hurting.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]>And to top it off you have your 'cloppers', but need I get started on people who pleasure themselves to cartoon characters that do not even remotely resemble a human?

meconate
Who cares? Just leave them alone. Fine they're into interesting things; let me just say one thing: Sonic. Besides, you can't even find most of that stuff unless you really try. I've done my best to avoid Rule 34 material and so far I've done a very good job of it. There was like one instance where I accidentally stumbled upon it and ever since then I never went back to it. Another thing to note is that people will usually label those things as NSFW (Not Safe For Work) so as to warn people like you and I that you don't want to visit this place. So just don't go looking for it. Rule 34 is inevitable and sad fact for any little online community, you just got to accept it and move on. Nothing we can do to change one a person's perspective on things.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

It's not really any of my business what entertainment people occupy themselves with and far be it from me to judge them. My life is more than interesting enough that I don't feel the need to go on forums and pick at other people.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

.....you know.... I've noticed a lot of bronies got sick and tired of that as well. Heck, on the video for the Season 3 premier practically every Gak comment is spammed and people are telling those who say Gak to pretty much shut up.

Besides, is that really your basis? This one stupid little turn of events and suddenly you hate everyone? That's a little harsh, don't you think?

meconate

I've been following the show long enough to know this isn't just one turn of events. The minority has turned into a majority of bronies that spam the franchise, and how you can't see this is beyond me. I think it was the last straw for me when I'd continuously see posts or hear people going "I've converted to brony" or "I told my parents I like My Little Pony" like it's the equivalent of confessing your homosexuality to your parents. Like I said, I enjoy the show, but with very little exceptions, I'm getting tired of the brony community. And sune_Gem could probably vouch for me on this... Least I hope so... if he forgives me.

Fine, leave.

I haven't seen what you're seeing so I can't help you there but if you really don't like it anymore then just don't go back to ponies or the community.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I find grown adults watching something like MLP pretty weird; but I'm fine with adults watching anything else, even hentai.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Fine, leave.

I haven't seen what you're seeing so I can't help you there but if you really don't like it anymore then just don't go back to ponies or the community.

meconate

So you haven't seen bronies spamming the show practically everywhere? Are you sure we're talking about the right show here? And what do you mean by 'leave'? There's nothing to leave, it's a show not a damn cult.

You can leave a community, can't you?

And no, I tend to look more at the people who talk back saying to those people to shut up because they're the ones who are damaging the fandom by spamming MLP everywhere. I've seen many bronies agree on this notion that while there may be subtle (or nothing at all) references towards the shows in other videos and such they urge others to not spam the comments about ponies. I tend to look more at the top comments on youtube or thumbed up comments rather than non thumbed up and spammed comments and underneath those thumbs I'll find several bronies who agree with that person's views on the whole spamming situation.

BTW: How can you be sure that they're "bronies?" This is the internet, anyone can be anything on here and not be who they mean. It's possible there are people out there who "act" like bronies only to give them a bad image.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#217 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

That depends... If it's something like Boomerang showing Batman or the Jetsons, I like that guy. If they're watching the teletubbies with their hand down their pants then... well... you get the idea. :P

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Goyoshi12

>BTW: How can you be sure that they're "bronies?" This is the internet, anyone can be anything on here and not be who they mean. It's possible there are people out there who "act" like bronies only to give them a bad image. Sheesh.. now this whole brony thing is turning into some conspiracy, fake brony terrorists hell bent on making other bronies look bad. And yes, of course there will be "subtle bronies" because I suppose that's what I would be classed as. Sure I enjoy the show, I may occasionally draw some fan art or look at some other interesting pony fandom, but I can't believe you're actually trying to convince me that bronies aren't completely blowing this whole show out of proportion and turning it into something bigger than it deserves. There are far better written shows out there; Adventure Time for example is a far better written piece of work, but I don't see fans of that getting their own titles such as 'Adventure Timers' and people constantly spamming that everywhere possible, making thousands of fanvids online or music dedicated to the show. This is coming from someone who really got into the show, but when you take a step back and look at it, it's a great show and yeah it's annoying to see the constant "if you like MLP you're weird" message, but to an extent, I can't blame people for getting sick and tired of seeing a damn kids show that a whole community of fully grown adults have overhyped! Yeeeeah, bronies are misunderstood and subtle. No, they're just crying for attention. meconate

Can we just drop it?

I don't think the way you think and you don't think the way I think, savy?

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#220 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Nah. I liked Avatar, Legend of Korra was okay. Misadventures of flapjack was pretty good (mostly liked the art style), and regular show and adventure time are good every now and then. I don't watch cartoons too often though.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Can we just drop it?

I don't think the way you think and you don't think the way I think, savy?

meconate

I have nothing against you personally, I just won't be told that what I'm seeing with my own eyes isn't true. I'm not going senile just yet. *brohoof*

And I won't be told that what I'm seeing with my own eyes ins't true either.

*sigh* Whatever.

*brohoof*

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#223 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I don't watch any of those shows, but I'll watch a lot of cartoons I grew up with, and some newer ones. I still watch Arthur regularly and judging by the comments on youtube videos of the episodes, a lot of people in their 20s do. I'm also quite fond of watching Max and Ruby at 3 am when I'm tired but can't sleep, from a psychoanalysis standpoint. I also like to call Ruby a b*tch.

I don't think it's creepy at all for adults to watch those shows unless the intent is to be able to use their knowledge of the show to bond with children they have the intent of hurting.

XilePrincess

Ha yes! My little brother watched that like 10 years ago and I would watch it while waiting for my turn at the tv and Ruby was so annoying. And where are the parents in the show?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#224 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
No
gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

as long as cartoons remain one of the few decent thing's to watch on tv, i will continue to watch them.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#226 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Asked my mom the same question a few months ago. She's totally ok with it.

I like Regular Show, MLP, and Gravity Falls. Very few cartoons that I like compared to the 90s.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Well in real life I got nothing for or against it since it isnt really a conversation that starts or continues long. Someone makes a joke or such about the cartoons and people who are fans of the shows get butthurt and just get quiet or text their little basturd friends and tatatatatat away in silence. It is just more fun to antagonize bronies online. Dunno why. They like to fight back and try and win... nothing.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#228 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="meconate"] I think it's well known in the Japanese culture. :Psune_Gem

Pokemon are real in Japan, aren't they? :P

I'd be living there if that was true.

So much Jynx... :o

:P
Avatar image for Raged-wolverine
Raged-wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Raged-wolverine
Member since 2005 • 6075 Posts
The only cartoons I watch are either old school tom and jerry and dragonball z.....because....it's dragonball z!
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#230 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

You know, I actually kind of do. Not creepy... but kind of immature? Like "You guys still find this stuff entertaining?"

Avatar image for Frankenstrat247
Frankenstrat247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#231 Frankenstrat247
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

Only if they're obsessed. Watching it a little bit isn't bad.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#232 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="meconate"] Dude, I'm sure you can find transvestites in your own country; you don't have to travel to Japan.meconate

But there any transpokeites here? No!

I don't even know how to reply to that.

You found a way.

jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

Some shows could be appealing to people of all ages. It's the grown men who watch my little pony you have to watch out for.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 sune_Gem

Some shows could be appealing to people of all ages. It's the grown men who watch my little pony you have to watch out for.

jimmyrussle117

Gandalf-gandalf-12059931-960-404.jpg

They're coming...

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

yeaahh they're soo scary

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Nothing wrong with watching cartoons in your downtime.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

yeaahh they're soo scary

PinkiePirate

No, Pinkie Pie is scary.

pinkie_pie___never_ending_party_vector_b

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

yeaahh they're soo scary

WiiCubeM1

No, Pinkie Pie is scary.

I don't like what many of the fans did with Pinkie (Pinkamena). =(

She's cute and fun. Not scary!

tumblr_mcu0vmBmc31r8ha72o1_500.jpg

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

I find the entire Broney thing weird, but I try not to judge.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

yeaahh they're soo scary

PinkiePirate

No, Pinkie Pie is scary.

I don't like what many of the fans did with Pinkie (Pinkamena). =(

She's cute and fun. Not scary!

tumblr_mcu0vmBmc31r8ha72o1_500.jpg

I like Pinkamena more to be honest.

miss_pinkamena_by_master_fighter-d4a10pd

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#241 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

There is nothing wrong with adults who watch kids cartoons i watch them because my kids have them on all the time.