Do you Believe in evolution or creationism?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts
Both. While science IS our understanding of the universe.....I don't believe in chance.
Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#152 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts
[QUOTE="ishoturface"]I think it is absurd to say that the big bang happened it just does not make any sense at allBuryMe
ok... you clearly have no idea whatyou're talking about

I agree with the OP on this. What caused the "bang"? What exactly is the material that blew up? Why would there be so much gravity? This just cannot be explained.
David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts
Evolution
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#154 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Like I already said, there are theories that account for the fact that the universe had a true beginning. The big crunch/big bang cycle was never a theory about how the universe formed since it didn't answer where everything came from in the first place. And there were always three hypotheses about the nature of the universe's expansion, and the big crunch one was just one of those three. I'd suggest you look into all the hypothetical causes of the universe's birth. While none of them may be correct (we're only just beginning to gain the knowledge necessary to tackle the problem) they should at least give you a good idea of the nature of the universe and why a creator is not necessary for its existence.

gameguy6700

What are those hypothetical causes? I'm not sure if I know of the ones you're talking about.

Although I've never stated point blank that a creator is necessary; I completely grant the possibility that there was no such thing, but at this point I remain of the opinion that it seems the most likely explanation.

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Evolution, I see physical facts in it where in creationalism... well, I just can't see facts in it.
dainjah1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 dainjah1010
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts

[QUOTE="BuryMe"][QUOTE="ishoturface"]I think it is absurd to say that the big bang happened it just does not make any sense at allAnamosa41
ok... you clearly have no idea whatyou're talking about

I agree with the OP on this. What caused the "bang"? What exactly is the material that blew up? Why would there be so much gravity? This just cannot be explained.

So you just use argument from personal incredulity and god of the gaps then?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#157 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Both. While science IS our understanding of the universe.....I don't believe in chance.LJS9502_basic

No such thing as chance in science.
Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#158 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts

Anyone see VenomFangX's video today? I'm not saying anything, I just want you to see it. Don't judge before you watch it either, because I know a lot of you hate this guy.... The video just came out today... Youtube it...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Both. While science IS our understanding of the universe.....I don't believe in chance.foxhound_fox

Really? The Big Bang is certainly chance. And the development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science.:|

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"]

had a beginning therefore must have been created? Thats a bit of a logical jump. Who's to say that the universe did not simply 'occur'?

GabuEx

Well, is there anything else that is in existence but which was not, at some point, created? It seems to me that the logical jump would be to look at something with a beginning but then coming to the conclusion that it was not created.

Well, here's the thing. We know that there was a singularity that existed some thirteen-odd billion years ago. We know that it was unstable and then exploded to create our universe. Based on that, and given that the singularity existed within time (being at the beginning, at least, of our conception of time within this universe), it doesn't make any sense to me to say that the singularity was just there, causeless. Is it possible? Yes, of course it's possible, but then we run into Occam's razor, and quite frankly I don't find that to be the simplest explanation based on the number of assumptions it requires.

In answer to your first point, conservation of energy yo! :P

and in regards to your occams razor comment, the cosmological argument makes quite a few assumptions of its own.

Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#161 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts

No such thing as chance in science.foxhound_fox

:? I don't get it... No such thing as chance in science?

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Mr_sprinkles

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Both. While science IS our understanding of the universe.....I don't believe in chance.LJS9502_basic

Really? The Big Bang is certainly chance. And the development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science.:|

Natural selection ain't chance :)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 foxhound_fox
Really? The Big Bang is certainly chance. And the development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science.:|LJS9502_basic

"Chance" implies random. Natural selection is the complete opposite of random. The human brain developed due to natural selection causing an increase in brain size to allow the smarter early hominids to survive by using tools and fire.

It is impossible to know what came before the Big Bang and either saying that it happened "by chance" or "was created by a God" are equally unjustifiable claims empirically. All we know for sure is that something along the lines of the Big Bang happened but knowing how it happened is impossible. There is no "chance" in science. Scientists study facts, not random number generators.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 GabuEx

No such thing as chance in science.foxhound_fox

Well, that's not quite true... Erwin Schroedinger would have something to say about that. ;)

Mr_sprinkles

Well, energy and mass are basically interchangable when it comes to conservation of energy... so the question about the origin of the mass in the universe is basically also a question about the origin of energy in the universe.

and in regards to your occams razor comment, the cosmological argument makes quite a few assumptions of its own.

Mr_sprinkles

I don't dispute that statement.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Both. While science IS our understanding of the universe.....I don't believe in chance.Mr_sprinkles

And that has what to do with anything exactly?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Really? The Big Bang is certainly chance. And the development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science.:|foxhound_fox

"Chance" implies random. Natural selection is the complete opposite of random. The human brain developed due to natural selection causing an increase in brain size to allow the smarter early hominids to survive by using tools and fire.

It is impossible to know what came before the Big Bang and either saying that it happened "by chance" or "was created by a God" are equally unjustifiable claims empirically. All we know for sure is that something along the lines of the Big Bang happened but knowing how it happened is impossible. There is no "chance" in science. Scientists study facts, not random number generators.

I'm not talking about brain size.:lol: The human brain functions much differently than animals. Period. We can reason. We can feel. Animals go by instinct. Very different my man.:)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 foxhound_fox
:? I don't get it... No such thing as chance in science?brightshadow525

"Chance" means "random." There is nothing random about how electrons find protons, how stronger genes allow certain beings to survive, there is nothing random about the laws of the universe (gravity, motion, physics, etc).

It is a common misconception of creationists to imply that science supports the idea that things "happened by complete chance" when there are specific processes involved in these events occurring.

You were not "born by chance." Your parents conceived through the production of a zygote though the act of sexual intercourse. There is a "chance" that another spermatazoa may have bonded with the ovum but there is no "chance" in the process of which that event occured.
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Mr_sprinkles
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Both. While science IS our understanding of the universe.....I don't believe in chance.LJS9502_basic

And that has what to do with anything exactly?

It's got plenty to do with ^bold^
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 LJS9502_basic
It's got plenty to do with ^bold^
Mr_sprinkles

Not if I don't find natural selection by itself to be satisfactory. As animals humans need only to have the instinct for reproduction and survival. Much like the rest of the animal kingdom. Yet our brain has far surpassed that of other animals. :)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 foxhound_fox
I'm not talking about brain size.:lol: The human brain functions much differently than animals. Period. We can reason. We can feel. Animals go by instinct. Very different my man.:)LJS9502_basic

"Development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science."

Uhh... I thought we were talking about the development of the human brain and its relation to "chance" and not its function relative to that of animals. :|
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

Like I already said, there are theories that account for the fact that the universe had a true beginning. The big crunch/big bang cycle was never a theory about how the universe formed since it didn't answer where everything came from in the first place. And there were always three hypotheses about the nature of the universe's expansion, and the big crunch one was just one of those three. I'd suggest you look into all the hypothetical causes of the universe's birth. While none of them may be correct (we're only just beginning to gain the knowledge necessary to tackle the problem) they should at least give you a good idea of the nature of the universe and why a creator is not necessary for its existence.

GabuEx

What are those hypothetical causes? I'm not sure if I know of the ones you're talking about.

Although I've never stated point blank that a creator is necessary; I completely grant the possibility that there was no such thing, but at this point I remain of the opinion that it seems the most likely explanation.

The one I'm most familiar with relates to M-theory and discusses how strings that oscillated oddly resulted in the big bang. There's also the meta-verse hypothesis but that one's pretty flimsy from what I understand. I think there's also some other, less well known ones as well but I don't follow this stuff too closely so I can't give you anything else at the moment.

In regards to your Occam's Razor comment though, you do realize that hypothesizing a being that has always existed as a way to explain how the universe was created is more complex and makes more assumptions than one that merely hypothesizes that the universe always existed, right?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 GabuEx

The one I'm most familiar with relates to M-theory and discusses how strings that oscillated oddly resulted in the big bang. There's also the meta-verse hypothesis but that one's pretty flimsy from what I understand. I think there's also some other, less well known ones as well but I don't follow this stuff too closely so I can't give you anything else at the moment.

gameguy6700

That's an... interesting theory; I don't think I've ever heard it before.

In regards to your Occam's Razor comment though, you do realize that hypothesizing a being that has always existed as a way to explain how the universe was created is more complex and makes more assumptions than one that merely hypothesizes that the universe always existed, right?

gameguy6700

I never said it didn't require any assumptions, but compared to the other options it seems to require the fewest, although I haven't exactly sat down and counted.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 gameguy6700

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Really? The Big Bang is certainly chance. And the development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science.:|LJS9502_basic

I'm not talking about brain size.:lol: The human brain functions much differently than animals. Period. We can reason. We can feel. Animals go by instinct. Very different my man.:)

I'm a neuroscience major. I don't even know where to start on how completely wrong and misinformed your assumption about the differences between the human brain and an animal brain are. Rather than go into a long speil I'll just say this: there's a reason that neuroscientists are able to use rat brains as a model for human brains. When we can't use rat brains we use chimpanzee brains which are extremely similar to human ones. Although sometimes we also just use snails or fish instead of higher animals because it isn't necessary.

Chimpanzees, in fact, are very human like in their behavior. They can do non-liguistical math (better than humans according to some studies), they have moral systems, they use tools, they can even learn rudimentary language. And keep in mind this is all coming from an animal that isn't even directly related to us. Chimpanzees split off from the human evolutionary path millions of years ago. If they're that similar to us just imagine how similar our evolutionary ancestors were to us. There probably wasn't that much difference between each evolutionary step (indeed, just look at neanderthals compared to modern humans. very little difference).

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Mr_sprinkles

[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"]

GabuEx

Well, energy and mass are basically interchangable when it comes to conservation of energy... so the question about the origin of the mass in the universe is basically also a question about the origin of energy in the universe.

Agh, I'm not quite sure how to explain this. Right, here goes... *throws coherency out the window*

Everything within this universe does have a cause. All those causes have causes. etc etc etc.

In the end, you get to the big bang whatever way you look at it. That's the problem with asking "what else has a beginning that wasn't created?" Because in the end it all converges to the same thing.

If you could show us something that we knew was caused by god, it would be a different matter.

Basically, Inducing that the big bang has a cause because the things that the big bang caused have causes is a bit silly.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I'm not talking about brain size.:lol: The human brain functions much differently than animals. Period. We can reason. We can feel. Animals go by instinct. Very different my man.:)foxhound_fox

"Development of the human brain is chance if one believes SOLELY in science."

Uhh... I thought we were talking about the development of the human brain and its relation to "chance" and not its function relative to that of animals. :|

Pst....function is part of development.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic

I'm a neuroscience major. I don't even know where to start on how completely wrong and misinformed your assumption about the differences between the human brain and an animal brain are. Rather than go into a long speil I'll just say this: there's a reason that neuroscientists are able to use rat brains as a model for human brains. When we can't use rat brains we use chimpanzee brains which are extremely similar to human ones. Although sometimes we also just use snails or fish instead of higher animals because it isn't necessary.

Chimpanzees, in fact, are very human like in their behavior. They can do non-liguistical math (better than humans according to some studies), they have moral systems, they use tools, they can even learn rudimentary language. And keep in mind this is all coming from an animal that isn't even directly related to us. Chimpanzees split off from the human evolutionary path millions of years ago.

gameguy6700

Chimps don't reason. And for the record...the common ancestor has yet to be found.:|

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 foxhound_fox
Pst....function is part of development. LJS9502_basic

How is the natural selection of positive genes that produced larger brains "chance?"
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 gameguy6700
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

GabuEx

That's an... interesting theory; I don't think I've ever heard it before.

gameguy6700

I never said it didn't require any assumptions, but compared to the other options it seems to require the fewest, although I haven't exactly sat down and counted.

Let's count:

- Universe always existed -
# of assumptions: 2 - the universe always existed and had no beginning

- Universe was created by a God that always existed -
# of assumptions: 3 - The universe was created by another being, that being always existed and had no beginning

And if you want to assume that your creator didn't have a beginning then why can't that same assumption hold true for the universe? Your creator hypothesis is redundant. That doesn't make it false but without any proof there's no reason why anyone should believe it when a more simple hypothesis exists with equally valid assumptions.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 GabuEx

Agh, I'm not quite sure how to explain this. Right, here goes... *throws coherency out the window*

Everything within this universe does have a cause. All those causes have causes. etc etc etc.

In the end, you get to the big bang whatever way you look at it. That's the problem with asking "what else has a beginning that wasn't created?" Because in the end it all converges to the same thing.

If you could show us something that we knew was caused by god, it would be a different matter.

Basically, Inducing that the big bang has a cause because the things that the big bang caused have causes is a bit silly.

Mr_sprinkles

Eh, I kind of get the sense this conversation is going in a circle, as this line of dialog seems familiar... I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. And tell the scientists to hurry up and do more work so we can finally resolve this matter. :P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 foxhound_fox
Chimps don't reason. And for the record...the common ancestor has yet to be found.:|LJS9502_basic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proconsul_(genus) :|
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Chimps don't reason. And for the record...the common ancestor has yet to be found.:|foxhound_fox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proconsul_(genus :|

That doesn't say it's the trasnsistional fossil between the two. At this time it's still missing.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 gameguy6700
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

Chimpanzees, in fact, are very human like in their behavior. They can do non-liguistical math (better than humans according to some studies), they have moral systems, they use tools, they can even learn rudimentary language. And keep in mind this is all coming from an animal that isn't even directly related to us. Chimpanzees split off from the human evolutionary path millions of years ago.

LJS9502_basic

Chimps don't reason. And for the record...the common ancestor has yet to be found.:|

Refer back to my post on page 4 on why the "common ancestor" argument is a load of bull please.

And yes, chimps do reason. If you want to argue they don't be aware that you're trying to argue against a large amount of scientific literature and naturalistic observations.

dainjah1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 dainjah1010

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Chimps don't reason. And for the record...the common ancestor has yet to be found.:|LJS9502_basic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proconsul_(genus :|

That doesn't say it's the trasnsistional fossil between the two. At this time it's still missing.

You know, fossil evidence is not the only way to determine phylogeny.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 foxhound_fox
That doesn't say it's the trasnsistional fossil between the two. At this time it's still missing.LJS9502_basic

Sorry, wrong one.

It is already a well known fact that humans and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor, the genetic data discovered 20-some years ago proves it.
iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts

I believe in a Creator. It's obvious that creatures adapt to environmental changes, but evolution...a questionable theory. No one has recorded any evolutionary changes since history has been documented. Only adaptations, which are entirely different. Species don't evolve into something entirely different. That's fantasy.

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#186 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
Creationism
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 GabuEx

Let's count:

# of assumptions: 3 - The universe was created by another being, that being always existed and had no beginning

gameguy6700

Oh, you know what I meant. :P

And if you want to assume that your creator didn't have a beginning then why can't that same assumption hold true for the universe? Your creator hypothesis is redundant. That doesn't make it false but without any proof there's no reason why anyone should believe it when a more simple hypothesis exists with equally valid assumptions.

gameguy6700

I already explained why. Since the universe's expansion is accelerating, that makes it seem likely that the universe began some thirteen billion years ago, which would make the idea that the universe has always existed need more assumptions than just what you provided; it would also need to provide assumptions that override this evidence.

Like I said to the other guy, this is kind of sounding like a familiar line of dialog, and I have a feeling that neither of us is terribly likely to convince the other of his point of view, so I think it'd probably be better just to agree to disagree on the subject until science comes along with more conclusive evidence one way or another.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]That doesn't say it's the trasnsistional fossil between the two. At this time it's still missing.foxhound_fox

Sorry, wrong one.

It is already a well known fact that humans and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor, the genetic data discovered 20-some years ago proves it.

That doesn't say it either. And it uses the word probably. I know what science says. I didn't agrue that it didn't. However, science admits that as of yet the transistional fossil has not been found.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 LJS9502_basic

You know, fossil evidence is not the only way to determine phylogeny.

dainjah1010

I'm guessing you have no clue as to my stance..:|

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 LJS9502_basic

Refer back to my post on page 4 on why the "common ancestor" argument is a load of bull please.

And yes, chimps do reason. If you want to argue they don't be aware that you're trying to argue against a large amount of scientific literature and naturalistic observations.

gameguy6700

Chimps are not the same as humans. Their brain IS not as complex and I doubt you could find ANY link saying a chimp has the same brain capacity as a human. Otherwise, they'd be living as we do.:|

dainjah1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 dainjah1010

I believe in a Creator. It's obvious that creatures adapt to environmental changes, but evolution...a questionable theory. No one has recorded any evolutionary changes since history has been documented. Only adaptations, which are entirely different. Species don't evolve into something entirely different. That's fantasy.

iwokojance

Observed Instances of Speciation

Also, please explain Endogenous Retroviruses, Ascorbic Acid Pseudogene, Human Chromosome #2, Protein functional redundancy, and the fossil record. Along with the other 150 years worth of research on evolution. Creationism is a fantasy perpetuated by ignorance.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

LJS9502_basic

Chimps are not the same as humans. Their brain IS not as complex and I doubt you could find ANY link saying a chimp has the same brain capacity as a human. Otherwise, they'd be living as we do.:|

No, they're not AS complex, but they do have reasoning abilities. Don't worry we're still the dominant species.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 foxhound_fox
That doesn't say it either. And it uses the word probably. I know what science says. I didn't agrue that it didn't. However, science admits that as of yet the transistional fossil has not been found.LJS9502_basic

Genetic evidence trumps a fossil. And we aren't going to find EVERY transitional fossil, if we dug up the entire planet we still wouldn't find them all. The genetic evidence tells us we share a common ancestor with chimpanzees thus we share one, there is no debate.

We have fossils from before the split and after, logically based on the ability to connect the dots, that should be more than enough to draw the conclusion.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 gameguy6700
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

Let's count:

GabuEx

Oh, you know what I meant. :P

gameguy6700

I already explained why. Since the universe's expansion is accelerating, that makes it seem likely that the universe began some thirteen billion years ago, which would make the idea that the universe has always existed need more assumptions than just what you provided; it would also need to provide assumptions that override this evidence.

Like I said to the other guy, this is kind of sounding like a familiar line of dialog, and I have a feeling that neither of us is terribly likely to convince the other of his point of view, so I think it'd probably be better just to agree to disagree on the subject until science comes along with more conclusive evidence one way or another.

It doesn't matter that the big bang happened 13 billion years ago, the singularity could have always existed prior to that, its just that it wasn't until 13 billion years ago that it suddenly expanded

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 gameguy6700

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]That doesn't say it's the trasnsistional fossil between the two. At this time it's still missing.LJS9502_basic

Sorry, wrong one.

That doesn't say it either. And it uses the word probably. I know what science says. I didn't agrue that it didn't. However, science admits that as of yet the transistional fossil has not been found.

Because I don't think you read what I posted and because I really hate hearing the "but..but...teh tranzitional fozzils!11" argument against evolution:

Let's compare the evolution of an organism to the aging of a human being. They're comparable since they're both gradual changes over long periods of time. Let's take a random person in their present day form:

And here's another picture of that same person at an earlier point in time:

Now, we can find various intermediate steps between this picture and the first one:

But we're never going to find the precise moment where the baby turns into the current, present day form. Same thing with fossil records. Its impossible to find the exact point at which an ape turned into a human because its a continuous, gradual process.

For example, here's various homonid skulls:

But let me guess: It's just coincidence that so many human-like creatures sequentually existed before humans isn't it? And maybe that God just tired of making up new animals after a certain point and as a result just rushed things along a bit by just tweaking the same comparitavely few animals a few thousand times to get the variety of life we see today.

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

Chimps don't reason. And for the record...the common ancestor has yet to be found.:|LJS9502_basic

Chimps DO reason. Hell they can learn sign language, LANGUAGE. How could a creature learn sign language without the ability to reason or respond to humans properly?

DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#197 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Evolutionism.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Even though Catholic, I believe in evolution.

However, I find creation myths fascinating.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

darkmoney52

No, they're not AS complex, but they do have reasoning abilities. Don't worry we're still the dominant species.

The reasoning of chimps is solely based on their ability to observe behavior. I'm talking specifically of reasoning in the realm of logic and thinking. More complex thought processes.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 foxhound_fox
The reasoning of chimps is solely based on their ability to observe behavior. I'm talking specifically of reasoning in the realm of logic and thinking. More complex thought processes.LJS9502_basic

So like when they fashion a stick tool that is able to reach down into a termite hill and pull out termites to eat that they normally wouldn't be able to reach with their fingers alone?