Do You Accept Jesus's Gift Of Salvation, Believing That He Died On The Cross And Rose Again For Your SIns?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frodobaggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do You Accept Jesus's Gift Of Salvation, Believing That He Died On The Cross And Rose Again For Your SIns? (94 votes)

YES 33%
NO 74%

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and believe it with all of your heart, you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

• 
rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#251  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@toast_burner said:

@rabakill said:

@toast_burner: Christians have child sex slave rings? Christians have been propagandizing society with subliminal messages? Christians murder and sacrifice people? Christians are at the occult rituals?

Yes to all of those.

You need to open your eyes to reality. Stop listening to the propaganda you've been fed and see the world for what it really is.

Christians are at occult rituals hmm...? Guess you don't know what a Christian is then.

Do you know the meaning of a cube, do you know the meaning of red and blue?

Baptism and the Eucharist.

So you don't know the meaning of the word occult, you don't the meaning of a cube and you don't know the meaning of the colors red and blue. A Baptism and the Eucharist are not Occult rituals because you have no idea what the word means. I know the explicit definition, you are talking about things of that which you do not even understand the basic underlying definitions. Good to know I've been talking with someone that has no idea, at all. Before you say blah blah blah, maybe try looking up the meaning of words before you talk again.

Occult "of, involving, or relating to supernatural, mystical, or magical powers or phenomena.".

wrong

occult is derived from the word oculus. It means hidden from sight, containing esoteric meaning. The very word contains part of the word eye in latin because it means hidden to the eye. But good work doing 4 seconds of googling then quoting an incorrect definition. Oy vey, I'm talking to a moron.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#252  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@rabakill said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@toast_burner said:

@rabakill said:

@toast_burner: Christians have child sex slave rings? Christians have been propagandizing society with subliminal messages? Christians murder and sacrifice people? Christians are at the occult rituals?

Yes to all of those.

You need to open your eyes to reality. Stop listening to the propaganda you've been fed and see the world for what it really is.

Christians are at occult rituals hmm...? Guess you don't know what a Christian is then.

So you don't know the meaning of the word occult, you don't the meaning of a cube and you don't know the meaning of the colors red and blue. A Baptism and the Eucharist are not Occult rituals because you have no idea what the word means. I know the explicit definition, you are talking about things of that which you do not even understand the basic underlying definitions. Good to know I've been talking with someone that has no idea, at all. Before you say blah blah blah, maybe try looking up the meaning of words before you talk again.

Occult "of, involving, or relating to supernatural, mystical, or magical powers or phenomena.".

wrong

occult is derived from the word oculus. It means hidden from sight, containing esoteric meaning. The very word contains part of the word eye in latin because it means hidden to the eye. But good work doing 4 seconds of googling then quoting an incorrect definition. Oy vey, I'm talking to a moron.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 deactivated-598fc45371265

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@rabakill said:

@toast_burner said:

@rabakill said:

Yes to all of those.

wrong

Oh and I did take a bit of Latin in middle school. Oculus only means eye. Occult is derived from occultus which means hidden.

frodobaggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 frodobaggin
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I'm glad to see that at least 1/3 of the people confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 deactivated-598fc45371265

Salient thread.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#256 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

33 out of 109%

wut

frodobaggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By frodobaggin

What's up with the 109%?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 foxhound_fox

Quit bumping the thread unless you can add something meaningful to it. It'll get locked.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Quit bumping the thread unless you can add something meaningful to it. It'll get locked.

it had no meaning from post 1 :P

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#260 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

I get the feeling he only bumped it to try and see if he could spark more debating in here, that and the TC probably doesn't want his precious thread to go too long forgotten about and sink into the forum graves.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 foxhound_fox

@wis3boi said:

@foxhound_fox said:

it had no meaning from post 1 :P

If anything it showed us how unreliable Gamespot polls are.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

The fact is that no one has come back to life after dying to me kind of proves that there is no God.

If there was a God then couldn't he make people come back to life again after they have died? But fact is that none of those who died ever came back to us. Not even a single one of them.

No one has been proven to come back to life from being dead.

Jesus Christ never came back to life either. At least there is no shred of evidence that he ever did come back.

Also the fact that intelligent life is so rare in the Universe also kind of proves, to me at least, that there is no God.

I mean if there was a God then couldn't he create conditions which are better suited for the development of intelligent life in the universe.

But fact is that life is very rare in the universe and those people who die never come back to live again. In other words, death is very probably final.

I think that many people have difficulty coming to terms with the finality of death and the very probable nonexistence of God.

Avatar image for wittgenstein728
Wittgenstein728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Wittgenstein728
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

smh at some of the responses to this thread. I was raised Christian, and while I'm not the most religious person in the world, I cringe whenever people just blatantly attack Christianity and even go so far as to say "Hail Satan" (Joking or not)

Hell is serious shit, man. I sure as heck don't want to end up there. Think of it this way: If heaven and hell are not real, what do you think will happen when you die? Do you think it'll be like an eternal sleep? Your whole body won't work anymore. you can't think. Dunno about you guys but I can't fathom that. If you believe we have souls then that means those souls go somewhere when their vessels die. As a non-Christian your options are hell and just ceasing to exist. As a christian heaven is an option. Do you want anything short of heaven when you die? I sure don't. I'm not 100% sure I'll go there if I die today, but I sure as heck don't embrace that fact.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@wittgenstein728 said:

smh at some of the responses to this thread. I was raised Christian, and while I'm not the most religious person in the world, I cringe whenever people just blatantly attack Christianity and even go so far as to say "Hail Satan" (Joking or not)

Hell is serious shit, man. I sure as heck don't want to end up there. Think of it this way: If heaven and hell are not real, what do you think will happen when you die? Do you think it'll be like an eternal sleep? Your whole body won't work anymore. you can't think. Dunno about you guys but I can't fathom that. If you believe we have souls then that means those souls go somewhere when their vessels die. As a non-Christian your options are hell and just ceasing to exist. As a christian heaven is an option. Do you want anything short of heaven when you die? I sure don't. I'm not 100% sure I'll go there if I die today, but I sure as heck don't embrace that fact.

0/10, hail satan

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@wittgenstein728 said:

So you can't understand not existing after you die but you're perfectly fine knowing you didn't exist before you were born? Or do you believe in reincarnation as well?

P.S Hail Satan

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#266 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17860 Posts

@wittgenstein728 said:
Think of it this way: If heaven and hell are not real, what do you think will happen when you die? Do you think it'll be like an eternal sleep? Your whole body won't work anymore. you can't think. Dunno about you guys but I can't fathom that. If you believe we have souls then that means those souls go somewhere when their vessels die.

Remember what it was like before you were born? Yeah, that.

And the word 'Soul' doesn't mean what you think it does. A Soul isn't something you have, it's what you are WHILE ALIVE.

Nephesh is a Biblical Hebrew word which occurs in the Hebrew Bible (or Old Testament). The Hebrew terms nephesh literal is "living being". Although it is commonly rendered as soul in English translations, the word refers to the tangible aspects of life, and human beings and higher animals are both described as having a nephesh.

-Linky

frodobaggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 frodobaggin

Where does it say that?

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#268 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Oh for crying out loud...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#269 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56151 Posts

I half to say this thread is overdue for a lock.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#270 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

The creator of this thread just won't quit, but, hate to break it to you, even if this thread does get locked, he is probably just gonna make a new thread... similar to this thread but not exactly the same.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 br0kenrabbit

@frodobaggin said:

Where does it say that?

To whom are you replying?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 foxhound_fox

@wittgenstein728 said:

Hail Satan. Not joking.

Pascal's Wager assumes Christianity is right. What if Norse Paganism is right and we'll all end up in Hel for forsaking Odin and his Son, Almighty Thor? Wouldn't you feel terrible assuming Christianity might be right when it is in fact Odin that dictates the fates of all those who walk on the Earth?

frodobaggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 frodobaggin

You have to look at the actual Evidence. Christianity is the one supported by the actual evidence.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#274 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Interesting poll results. Currently 34% answered yes, which I think is close to the percent of the world's population that is Christian. I think about 80-85% of Americans are Christian.

Gamespot users tend to be mostly American, but there are a lot of international users. For some weird reason though Gamespot users seem like as a group they are more liberal/leftist and atheistic/agnostic/indifferent than the general population.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#275  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Any religion that simply requires a simple acknowledgement of belief rather than real action, good works and genuine change to gain salvation is not a religion worth following. If it doesn't require you to actually change your life and the way you enhance the world around you then what is the point? Evangelical protestantism is one of the most worthless beliefs systems there is. "I believe, now time to do whatever I want without worrying about how I effect other people." Great way to live there.

Is that really what Evangelical Protestants believe, or is that just a caricature. The Bible says quite clearly in the Book of James that "faith without works is dead" (2:26) and many Evangelicals have done plenty of good deeds and dedicated their life to evangelizing and serving others (for example I recently read that Tim Tebow opened up a hospital in the Philippines).

Also this verse comes to mind: Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter" (Matthew 7:21).

To be fair, I think that's a minority of Christians who would say that that woman would go to hell (besides we can't be sure Hitler and Stalin are there either).

@SteveTabernacle said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Any religion that simply requires a simple acknowledgement of belief rather than real action, good works and genuine change to gain salvation is not a religion worth following. If it doesn't require you to actually change your life and the way you enhance the world around you then what is the point?

Yeah, I think about some of the ways that whole thing could work and it makes me cringe. A man rapes and kills a dozen different women, five minutes before the lethal injection, he accepts Jesus. He goes to heaven. He was never a good person, a scumbag plague on society, a total waste of oxygen. One of the women he brutalized was a member of a non-Christian religion/no religion. Did charity work, was a productive citizen, was well loved by many and affected hundreds of lives in a positive and lasting way… and is burning in hell forever next to Stalin and Hitler. The ****.

As for the first guy, yes if he ends his life on a good note he'd go to Heaven, though many Christians would say he'd have to spend some time being purified (purgatory) of all those sins first, he wouldn't go straight to Heaven.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Lmao Ja'mie.

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@wittgenstein728 said:
Think of it this way: If heaven and hell are not real, what do you think will happen when you die? Do you think it'll be like an eternal sleep? Your whole body won't work anymore. you can't think. Dunno about you guys but I can't fathom that. If you believe we have souls then that means those souls go somewhere when their vessels die.

Remember what it was like before you were born? Yeah, that.

And the word 'Soul' doesn't mean what you think it does. A Soul isn't something you have, it's what you are WHILE ALIVE.

Nephesh is a Biblical Hebrew word which occurs in the Hebrew Bible (or Old Testament). The Hebrew terms nephesh literal is "living being". Although it is commonly rendered as soul in English translations, the word refers to the tangible aspects of life, and human beings and higher animals are both described as having a nephesh.

-Linky

In most instances English translations use soul for naphesh, which refers to the inner essence of a physically living being, but it's not like the Bible doesn't include terms like ruach (used about 400 times in the bible), that literally does mean breath of god, spirit, wind, etc. and was also translated as soul. Not to mention even early translators were aware of this, hence the Greeks using "life" when translating "naphesh" and "breath" when translating "ruach."

The word soul can mean eternal spirit in english and is derived from old english and germanic words that may relate to binding one for the grave so as not to let one's ghost escape.

It's probably not a good idea to tell people what they mean. He's not misusing the word soul as he is using the english language and giving it its english meaning.

And the answer to your question is no, I do not remember before I was born, therefore I cannot fathom that. Perhaps you can fathom it, by all means tell us what it was like.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 br0kenrabbit

@Seiki_sands said:

In most instances English translations use soul for naphesh, which refers to the inner essence of a physically living being, but it's not like the Bible doesn't include terms like ruach (used about 400 times in the bible), that literally does mean breath of god, spirit, wind, etc. and was also translated as soul. Not to mention even early translators were aware of this, hence the Greeks using "life" when translating "naphesh" and "breath" when translating "ruach."

The word soul can mean eternal spirit in english and is derived from old english and germanic words that may relate to binding one for the grave so as not to let one's ghost escape.

It's probably not a good idea to tell people what they mean. He's not misusing the word soul as he is using the english language and giving it its english meaning.

And the answer to your question is no, I do not remember before I was born, therefore I cannot fathom that. Perhaps you can fathom it, by all means tell us what it was like.

So you agree that the meaning has evolved. That's great, because it doesn't matter what anyone meant except the author.

And no I don't remember before I was born, and that's the point: there's nothing to contemplate after death because you can't. Nonexistence exists on both sides of existence.

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Seiki_sands said:

So you agree that the meaning has evolved. That's great, because it doesn't matter what anyone meant except the author.

And no I don't remember before I was born, and that's the point: there's nothing to contemplate after death because you can't. Nonexistence exists on both sides of existence.

You told him the word soul doesn't mean what he thought it does, in this I see no evidence of your being correct. He may not have been aware of every aspect of its origins, or he may have been. There is NO evidence to suggest he was using it incorrectly for his meaning.

Do you have evidence of the finite quality of our existence? Which is not to suggest you must leap to faith in the absence of evidence, only that I would think a normal attitude of anyone that values the empirical and isn't faithful is, and most likely always will always be, "I don't know what, if anything exists beyond consciousness" rather than "I know there is nothing."

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:

The TC has done this way too many times already, which is why this is getting the lock now.