Dexter is one of the best shows on TV

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

I think I am currently on Season 7. I still think it is good.

I sont think anyone can go that long with out being caught, but I grom more and more fond of Deb.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are better.

Dexter is fun to watch but every season is really just more of the same. Season 3 and 5 shouldn't have existed. That would make season 1, 2 and 4 be the first three seasons while the season after those three should be season 6 finale, season 7 and season 8 combined. There, much less faffing and 4 season for a really compelling show. By now it's just filled with bloat and endless status quo.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#53 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

I've definitely been interested in it. One thing I find about a lot of vigilante type stories is that they're just morally kind of vile. Is this more along the lines of Breaking Bad, where the protagonist does bad things but there's really no question that he actually is a very bad man? Or is this more like in Daredevil, where the hero throws a defenseless man in front of a speeding train and the audience is just supposed to be fine with that? Without spoiling anything, do the writers treat Dexter as a hero, do they treat him as a villain, or do they simply present the character without glorifying him or demonizing him?MrGeezer

The way the show treats him is a bit muddled. He started off as a monster with no real conscience, just a code of conduct to keep him from hurting innocents. Then over time he was more and more "humanized", then they tried to revert him a bit. I am not sure the show ever treats him as a hero, but if you watch the show, especially the first several seasons, you will find yourself rooting for him.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]I've definitely been interested in it. One thing I find about a lot of vigilante type stories is that they're just morally kind of vile. Is this more along the lines of Breaking Bad, where the protagonist does bad things but there's really no question that he actually is a very bad man? Or is this more like in Daredevil, where the hero throws a defenseless man in front of a speeding train and the audience is just supposed to be fine with that? Without spoiling anything, do the writers treat Dexter as a hero, do they treat him as a villain, or do they simply present the character without glorifying him or demonizing him?m0zart

The way the show treats him is a bit muddled. He started off as a monster with no real conscience, just a code of conduct to keep him from hurting innocents. Then over time he was more and more "humanized", then they tried to revert him a bit. I am not sure the show ever treats him as a hero, but if you watch the show, especially the first several seasons, you will find yourself rooting for him.

I've always been rooting for Dexter. In fact, I don't disagree with anything he's doing...not that I'd do it myself, of course. :P
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

It's horse pissjg4xchamp

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#56 tempertress
Member since 2012 • 1131 Posts
It has definitely dragged a little in some seasons but I agree, Dexter is fantastic. I think it's due for its final season, though.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Honestly I have to say that after finishing Season 4JML897
Oh, that's why you think it's still good

it gets a BIT slow for like a season, but then it picks back up and is great again.  Definitely one of my favorite shows ever.  

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NaveedLife

It has definitely dragged a little in some seasons but I agree, Dexter is fantastic. I think it's due for its final season, though.tempertress

agreed!  I love Dexter, but I am glad they are going to end it this year.  Too many shows drag on and end up ending a low note.

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59 tempertress
Member since 2012 • 1131 Posts

[QUOTE="tempertress"]It has definitely dragged a little in some seasons but I agree, Dexter is fantastic. I think it's due for its final season, though.NaveedLife

agreed!  I love Dexter, but I am glad they are going to end it this year.  Too many shows drag on and end up ending a low note.

I was watching Big Bang Theory this other day and Sheldon said something a lot like this, "They can't just cancel a show like Alphas. You know? They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season till we were grateful it ended." Man, Heroes got shit. I'm so glad they're wrapping Breaking Bad too, I love it but if that show dragged they'd ruin the whole thing.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

Honestly I have to say that after finishing Season 4 it's sky-rocketed to the very top of my list...it's so freakin' powerful, especially the finale where...

[spoiler] Rita is dead and the baby is 'born in blood'. [/spoiler]

It's one of the most shocking things I've seen on TV. The only thing better than Dexter is Game of Thrones. The Walking Dead isn't on my list anymore - no room for it, as with Rome, Mad Men, etc.

Dexter is really underrated; its sad that more people don't want it.

Thoughts?

ShadowsDemon
Yeah it is awesome. My other favorites are Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

Lol@ thinking Dexter is underrated and not popular. 

and

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Honestly I have to say that after finishing Season 4JML897
this Oh, that's why you think it's still good

this

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="tempertress"]It has definitely dragged a little in some seasons but I agree, Dexter is fantastic. I think it's due for its final season, though.tempertress

I was watching Big Bang Theory this other day and Sheldon said something a lot like this, "They can't just cancel a show like Alphas. You know? They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season till we were grateful it ended." Man, Heroes got shit. I'm so glad they're wrapping Breaking Bad too, I love it but if that show dragged they'd ruin the whole thing.

I agree. Some shows should just finish. Breaking Bad is one of them. Game of Thrones could go on forever, though. Honestly in comparison to the content of the books, these three seasons barely touched the tip of the iceberg. I'm still amazed how they managed to convert it into a TV show. Then again, Dexter is also based on a series of novels...or at least the first season is.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
[QUOTE="tempertress"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

ShadowsDemon

I agree. Some shows should just finish. Breaking Bad is one of them. Game of Thrones could go on forever, though. Honestly in comparison to the content of the books, these three seasons barely touched the tip of the iceberg. I'm still amazed how they managed to convert it into a TV show. Then again, Dexter is also based on a series of novels...or at least the first season is.

All shows should finish at some point. Dexter being one that should have ended already instead of flopping around being prolonged into ruin.
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

It was my favorite show for a while there. Up to season 6 I believe? If that is the religious one, season 7 was much better. Glad this is going to be the last season though, looks good and hope it ends with a bang.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"]dexter is garbage. the main character is annoying. hes lucky he got that role because his career would be overjg4xchamp
I'm sure the dude who played a pretty big role on Six Feet Under would have gotten a job pretty easy.

Quoted for truth

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#66 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I've never seen one episode.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Don't think anything is ever going to replace Fringe as my favorite t.v. show. Haven't really watched anthing on tv after that.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="tempertress"] I was watching Big Bang Theory this other day and Sheldon said something a lot like this, "They can't just cancel a show like Alphas. You know? They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season till we were grateful it ended." Man, Heroes got shit. I'm so glad they're wrapping Breaking Bad too, I love it but if that show dragged they'd ruin the whole thing.

All shows should finish at some point. Dexter being one that should have ended already instead of flopping around being prolonged into ruin.

Everyone I know seems to say Season 7 was one of the best ones...
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Great show, that got off to an amazing start, but the last few seasons have been a bit disappointing. Still can't wait for the series finally, I'm sure it will deliver. :D
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="tempertress"]It has definitely dragged a little in some seasons but I agree, Dexter is fantastic. I think it's due for its final season, though.tempertress

oh BB is ending soon?  I did not know this.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="tempertress"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Yea. 5th season will be the last season.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="tempertress"] I was watching Big Bang Theory this other day and Sheldon said something a lot like this, "They can't just cancel a show like Alphas. You know? They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season till we were grateful it ended." Man, Heroes got shit. I'm so glad they're wrapping Breaking Bad too, I love it but if that show dragged they'd ruin the whole thing.konvikt_17

Yea. 5th season will be the last season.

oh wow, thanks for the info.  I would rather most shows do around 5 seasons give or take and then start a new project, rather than draggin on, so this is good news.  

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Dexter can't even touch Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is in a whole other league. 

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 heeweesRus

Vari3ty

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

heeweesRus

Great to see you're giving such compelling and detailed arguments to your reasoning instead of blank quoting. :)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

ShadowsDemon

Great to see you're giving such compelling and detailed arguments to your reasoning instead of blank quoting. :)

lol wHat john locke says, goes.  Wait, I would have thought john locke would have been smarter than this though? :? oh well! :P

Seriously though, BB aint even close to Dexter. 

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

heeweesRus

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The last season of Dexter was garbage. "Turns out he's GAY' should never be presented as a serious god damn plot twist. The best show on television right now is Breaking Bad. Hands down. Mad Men is a close second.
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Dexter is one of my favorite shows, was a little sad to hear that's it's going to end.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dexter
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
I enjoyed it all, although season three kind of bored me here and there.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Hexagon_777

It gets really bad. The problem is that the writers are too scared to do anything with the character so they keep him the same from when the show starts to when it ends. Honestly season 7 was one of the worst things I have ever experienced in a television show. Everything from the contrived writing to the fact that a Ukrainian Mob Boss had a British accent.

Enjoy the show while you can, I liked season 5 and 6 has an interesting villian.

PsychoRedFox666

The Ukranian mob boss himself explained where he received his education, and yes, it was England.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Hexagon_777
Season one is still my favourite season. The way the killer flirted with Dexter, who he was, why Dexter is who he is, and so on. Most intense season.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ShadowsDemon
Season one is still my favourite season. The way the killer flirted with Dexter, who he was, why Dexter is who he is, and so on. Most intense season.Hexagon_777
Yeah, that was pretty damn intense.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 AFBrat77

Season one is still my favourite season. The way the killer flirted with Dexter, who he was, why Dexter is who he is, and so on. Most intense season.Hexagon_777

I'd argue that the 2nd season was just as intense.

To me the first 2 seasons were the best.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Season one is still my favourite season. The way the killer flirted with Dexter, who he was, why Dexter is who he is, and so on. Most intense season.AFBrat77

I don't know, dude. Season two was good, no doubt about it, but as good as season one it was not in my opinion. Season three was definitely the most boring out of them all to me, but season four picked up the pace again with Trinity, touching a bit upon what made season one so great, namely a larger than (Dexter's) life serial killer. I would say that Trinity was the serial killer to have the second highest impact on Dexter's life with well done face offs, and the season finale was just unexpected.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I gotta say season 4 was the best but this last season was pretty good Its a shame it's on the final season, I've seen the show since my late teenage years and all the way through college
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Season one is still my favourite season. The way the killer flirted with Dexter, who he was, why Dexter is who he is, and so on. Most intense season.Hexagon_777

I don't know, dude. Season two was good, no doubt about it, but as good as season one it was not in my opinion. Season three was definitely the most boring out of them all to me, but season four picked up the pace again with Trinity, touching a bit upon what made season one so great, namely a larger than (Dexter's) life serial killer. I would say that Trinity was the serial killer to have the second highest impact on Dexter's life with well done face offs, and the season finale was just unexpected.

Guess we just differ there....I think Season 2 was the best season. The main reason Season 4 was as good as it was is because of John Lithgow's acting. Season 4 would have still been decent without him just not nearly as remarkable.

Season 1 was outstanding but I'd give 2 the edge. Keith Carradine (as Agent Lundy) more than made up for Lila in Season 2. And man there were some intense moments!

Season 3 is underrated but not as good as the first 2, it deserves more credit than it gets but ultimately not a whole lot changed other than between Dexter and Rita at the end (trying to avoid saying what happened though it isn't a big deal).

I'd rate Season 3 better than anything after Season 4. To me it goes like this:

2 > 1 > 4 > 3 >>>>> 7 > 6 > 5

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Season one is still my favourite season. The way the killer flirted with Dexter, who he was, why Dexter is who he is, and so on. Most intense season.Hexagon_777

I agree on that. The first one was epic, the second was good (because of Mr. Doakes), and the third was alright, but the foruth one got the series boiling again. I didn't like most of Season 2 because of Lila. She really pissed me off.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 heeweesRus

BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DexterBadosh