Delivering Pizza Hut, is it a good paying job?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

It's minimum wage plus tips. You make more money than pretty much every job that isn't managing (and sometimes more than shift managers if you have a lot of deliveries) at Pizza Hut, but it puts a lot of wear and tear on your car.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Just get a retail job for the holidays and hope they put you on as full-time following the season. Pittfan666
I tried Wal-Mart. but haven't got a call from em yet.. trust me I don't like the driving. but then better than having no job.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
eh the miles on your car aren't worth it, I used to do delivery and looking back wish I didn't put the miles on my car for the crappy wages. Will say it beats being a busboy any day of the week. If you're in college try applying for work in the student resources center at the library or tech lab.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

[QUOTE="Guppy507"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]there's a delivery charge that is usually %50 the price of the pizza. Pirate700

Check your math on that.

If the pizza is $10-11 and the delivery charge is $5, that's around a 50% increase...

That's an extraordinarily high delivery charge, I feel bad for you. I don't know how it is where you live, but here its only 2 dollars.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Guppy507"] Check your math on that.Guppy507

If the pizza is $10-11 and the delivery charge is $5, that's around a 50% increase...

That's an extraordinarily high delivery charge, I feel bad for you. I don't know how it is where you live, but here its only 2 dollars.

Same here.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Question: Is it a good college job (during academic year)? Looking into this and tutoring.

coolbeans90
If you have a high gas-mileage car, its great. If you get good tips, it will double your wage (I made about 150 dollars a week on top of my 25ish hours), minus however much gas you use. I would go through a tank of gas every 2-3 shifts, which is fine since you could walk away from every shift with anywhere from 20-60 dollars, more if it was a busy Friday or Saturday night. You need to ask yourself if the wear and tear on your car is worth it. For me it was because I only did it for 4 months out of the year during summer vacations. Also, I'm not sure if it was just at the store I worked at, but new people got really crappy hours, like 10 a week. I always felt bad for them.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Pittfan666"]Just get a retail job for the holidays and hope they put you on as full-time following the season. Dogswithguns
I tried Wal-Mart. but haven't got a call from em yet.. trust me I don't like the driving. but then better than having no job.

... Do not I repeat do not work for Walmart they treat their employees like sh!t.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

not a abd job but security guard is seriously just as easy and pays better more often than not. the positive to being a security guard is that ofen you also get benefits. medical + dental + optical ftw!

if you live in canada or the USA securitas and G4S are two fine security firms

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"][QUOTE="Pittfan666"]Just get a retail job for the holidays and hope they put you on as full-time following the season. sSubZerOo

... Do not I repeat do not work for Walmart they treat their employees like sh!t.

that they do

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Question: Is it a good college job (during academic year)? Looking into this and tutoring.

Guppy507

If you have a high gas-mileage car, its great. If you get good tips, it will double your wage (I made about 150 dollars a week on top of my 25ish hours), minus however much gas you use. I would go through a tank of gas every 2-3 shifts, which is fine since you could walk away from every shift with anywhere from 20-60 dollars, more if it was a busy Friday or Saturday night. You need to ask yourself if the wear and tear on your car is worth it. For me it was because I only did it for 4 months out of the year during summer vacations. Also, I'm not sure if it was just at the store I worked at, but new people got really crappy hours, like 10 a week. I always felt bad for them.

HMM

Mileage is low-20s on MPG (small truck). Not too worried about wear and tear given the age and mileage of it. The only real concerns are sleep schedule and tips in a college town.

Mostly for gas, eat-out, and beer money (maybe books if i dont pirate), so low hours wouldn't kill me, especially w/ engineering classes.

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

unless you can get good tips, not sure about it being a good paying job

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

well you're gonna be a delivery boy, so that part is going to suck, unless you like driving around with pizza that you can't eat. there's no way anyone here can say if you will get a lot of hours, it depends on the particular Pizza Hut you're working at and their payroll.

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
I love all the replies where people say they don't tip. I worked at Papa John's the past 6 months, and started at Pizza Hut a few days ago. Papa John's: $6.00/hr, $1 for every delivery you take. So that was nice because when ******** like some of the people here don't tip you, at least you get a dollar. Pizza Hut: $8.25/hr, but you don't get the extra dollar for each delivery. Everyone complains about how expensive it is. When you go to a nice fancy restaurant, do you tip the waiter? They literally do nothing but bring you food and drinks from the back. And you're supposed to tip them what, 30%? I'm lucky to get a $3 tip on a $40.00 order. With pizza delivery, you're using your own vehicle(most places, some local ones around here have company cars), paying gas out of pocket to bring you a pizza for less than minimum wage. Honestly it makes me sad for people that don't tip drivers, especially now having experienced the garbage pay and "holier than thou" non-tippers. The job is also pretty dangerous, there's a lot of car accidents in the area where I work.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dogswithguns
Thanks, that's a good reply.. Im starting tomorrow night hours 4 days a week, weekends, wish me luck.
undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

I love all the replies where people say they don't tip. I worked at Papa John's the past 6 months, and started at Pizza Hut a few days ago. Papa John's: $6.00/hr, $1 for every delivery you take. So that was nice because when ******** like some of the people here don't tip you, at least you get a dollar. Pizza Hut: $8.25/hr, but you don't get the extra dollar for each delivery. Everyone complains about how expensive it is. When you go to a nice fancy restaurant, do you tip the waiter? They literally do nothing but bring you food and drinks from the back. And you're supposed to tip them what, 30%? I'm lucky to get a $3 tip on a $40.00 order. With pizza delivery, you're using your own vehicle(most places, some local ones around here have company cars), paying gas out of pocket to bring you a pizza for less than minimum wage. Honestly it makes me sad for people that don't tip drivers, especially now having experienced the garbage pay and "holier than thou" non-tippers. The job is also pretty dangerous, there's a lot of car accidents in the area where I work.DarkPrinceXC

I called for a simple pizza not to take care of a human.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#66 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I don't expect it would pay a very high wage, but it seems like a fun and easy job. Just drive around, listen to music etc...that's easy money, wouldn't feel like work at all really.

Sometimes you gotta take whatever jobs you can get. A jobs a job and delivering Pizza sounds like one of the better lower entry ones.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dogswithguns

I don't expect it would pay a very high wage, but it seems like a fun and easy job. Just drive around, listen to music etc...that's easy money, wouldn't feel like work at all really.

Sometimes you gotta take whatever jobs you can get. A jobs a job and delivering Pizza sounds like one of the better lower entry ones.

ShadowMoses900
Thanks man.. driving around is fun, but getting lost not sure where to go for the first week(s) may not.. I might like it after all. tho I don't expect to make tons of money, just enough for bills.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#68 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Dogswithguns

Thanks man.. driving around is fun, but getting lost not sure where to go for the first week(s) may not.. I might like it after all. tho I don't expect to make tons of money, just enough for bills.

Hey, it never hurts to have some extra cash. And in these economic times, you are fortunte to have a job. It's all about perception, think about the positive, be optmistic.

You'll no doubt learn where to go over time. Perhaps you could study a map?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Dogswithguns

[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Hey, it never hurts to have some extra cash. And in these economic times, you are fortunte to have a job. It's all about perception, think about the positive, be optmistic.

You ain't lying.. there are so many people getting laidoff weekly from my last job, the place almost empty now, people all mad and stuff..
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkPrinceXC"]I love all the replies where people say they don't tip. I worked at Papa John's the past 6 months, and started at Pizza Hut a few days ago. Papa John's: $6.00/hr, $1 for every delivery you take. So that was nice because when ******** like some of the people here don't tip you, at least you get a dollar. Pizza Hut: $8.25/hr, but you don't get the extra dollar for each delivery. Everyone complains about how expensive it is. When you go to a nice fancy restaurant, do you tip the waiter? They literally do nothing but bring you food and drinks from the back. And you're supposed to tip them what, 30%? I'm lucky to get a $3 tip on a $40.00 order. With pizza delivery, you're using your own vehicle(most places, some local ones around here have company cars), paying gas out of pocket to bring you a pizza for less than minimum wage. Honestly it makes me sad for people that don't tip drivers, especially now having experienced the garbage pay and "holier than thou" non-tippers. The job is also pretty dangerous, there's a lot of car accidents in the area where I work.undergroundLPx

I called for a simple pizza not to take care of a human.

You had someone drive to your house with their car for a simple pizza.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Only if they let you eat pizza laike a bauz.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"][QUOTE="Pittfan666"]Just get a retail job for the holidays and hope they put you on as full-time following the season. sSubZerOo

Seriously?