Cops go undercover at a Highschool to bust special needs kid for weed

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.GummiRaccoon

Waaaaaah. Get the laws changed. Until then, don't blame us. It's our job on the line if we don't enforce laws. And I'm not going to lose mine just because you think I should. Not unless you're going to pay me my salary.

it doesn't change that you are a terrible person though.

"I was just doing my job" didn't work at nuremberg

I don't think you can compare busting a guy smoking a joint because your paycheck depends on it to a Nazi who is being ordered to push a bunch of people in a gas chamber because their leader thinks they are subhumans...

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

GummiRaccoon

False equivalencies don't work either.

If you're seriously trying to compare what I do, to what the Nazis did, you're a fvcking idiot.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Waaaaaah. Get the laws changed. Until then, don't blame us. It's our job on the line if we don't enforce laws. And I'm not going to lose mine just because you think I should. Not unless you're going to pay me my salary.

ad1x2

I don't think you can compare busting a guy smoking a joint because your paycheck depends on it to a Nazi who is being ordered to push a bunch of people in a gas chamber because their leader thinks they are subhumans...

It's the same trait.  One is just more awful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

GummiRaccoon

No, it's not. One isn't lawful or reasonable, the other is.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

airshocker

No, it's not. One isn't lawful or reasonable, the other is.

It was lawful at the time.  

I bet you think citizenship checkpoints are reasonable too.  

Absolutely disgusting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Absolutely disgusting.

GummiRaccoon

When was herding people into gas chambers legal in the United States? I'm not a German, so what was once legal there doesn't apply to me.

No, I actually don't.

Perhaps you should ask me what my opinions are on things before you make shit up, troll. :lol:

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.airshocker

I find it hard to get mad at the cops directly. I just think they're incredibly overfunded in most areas of the country. Case in point being this thread. We had raids at my school too, but not morally questionable undercover nonsense. And changing laws sadly isn't as easy as casting a vote and showing support for a bill. Obviously you're an adult and know this already though.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

Absolutely disgusting.

airshocker

When was herding people into gas chambers legal in the United States? I'm not a German, so what was once legal there doesn't apply to me.

No, I actually don't.

Perhaps you should ask me what my opinions are on things before you make shit up, troll. :lol:

So if they sent you to a checkpoint to have drivers show their papers you would tell them that is unreasonable and refuse to do your job?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I find it hard to get mad at the cops directly. I just think they're incredibly overfunded in most areas of the country. Case in point being this thread. We had raids at my school too, but not morally questionable undercover nonsense. And changing laws sadly isn't as easy as casting a vote and showing support for a bill. Obviously you're an adult and know this already though.Saturos3091

Of course it is, but that doesn't mean cops just doing their job should be blamed. We don't make laws.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

So if they sent you to a checkpoint to have drivers show their papers you would tell them that is unreasonable and refuse to do your job?

GummiRaccoon

Now you're changing the goal posts. You asked me if I supported citizenship checkpoints. I told you no, I don't.

If they sent me to a checkpoint to do this I would make a verbal/written protest and if that didn't sway my superiors and I was ordered once again to assume that post I would follow my orders.

As you're next going to try and point out, no, that is not the same as herding people into a gas chamber. I would never follow an order that wasn't lawful and resulted in the death of somebody.

And my department doesn't handle citizenship checkpoints, as an FYI.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

airshocker

Now you're changing the goal posts. You asked me if I supported citizenship checkpoints. I told you no, I don't.

If they sent me to a checkpoint to do this I would make a verbal/written protest and if that didn't sway my superiors and I was ordered once again to assume that post I would follow my orders.

As you're next going to try and point out, no, that is not the same as herding people into a gas chamber. I would never follow an order that wasn't lawful and resulted in the death of somebody.

And my department doesn't handle citizenship checkpoints, as an FYI.

Following immoral orders is following immoral orders.  Saying you're just doing your job doesn't absolve you of your personal responsibility as a human being.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Following immoral orders is following immoral orders.  Saying you're just doing your job doesn't absolve you of your personal responsibility as a human being.

GummiRaccoon

I believe it's illegal based on the fourth amendment. That doesn't make it immoral. But until NYS makes it illegal, I would be required to follow my orders. Not that I ever would be put on such a checkpoint, since it's the purview of the border patrol and not local law enforcement. So my humanity is quite intact, thank you.