Cops go undercover at a Highschool to bust special needs kid for weed

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Maybe too much weed made him special needs.

SirWander

That joke would be funny if he were drinking alcohol instead.

Doesn't weed stunt brain development in kids? Alcohol is fine in moderation at any age.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Misleading. They weren't targeting one kid. Not that special needs is an excuse to break the law. LJS9502_basic
So why aren't the cops prioritizing and stopping more serious crime?

And if they DID prioritize, then they're overfunded and their budget needs to be slashed. It's a growing problem and a lot of the reason you hear dumb people cry "police state," when in reality the police are overfunded for low-crime areas. They don't have anything better to do than write citations for J-walking. It's a political problem, not wholly the officers' fault.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#53 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Maybe too much weed made him special needs.

Leejjohno

Doesn't weed stunt brain development in kids? Alcohol is fine in moderation at any age.

Yup (about the weed part), and thats why kids should never do it. Plus it leads to a loser's lifestyle, sorry stoners, but this is true, as much as you hate it, sure there are maybe some regular weed smokers who have a good life, but this is the overwhelming minority, just like people who love to visit bars every night and dont get drunk. I know plenty of guys who had a bright future and who were really smart and could have done amazing at college, now they are struggling at a call center, getting fired like every 2 months for never showing up (for being baked, they just stay in bed and cant do anything) without even their high school diploma.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Plus it leads to a loser's lifestyle, sorry stoners, but this is true, as much as you hate it, sure there are maybe some regular weed smokers who have a good life, but this is the overwhelming minority, just like people who love to visit bars every night and dont get drunk. I know plenty of guys who had a bright future and who were really smart and could have done amazing at college, now they are struggling at a call center, getting fired like every 2 months for never showing up (for being baked, they just stay in bed and cant do anything) without even their high school diploma.

Wrong and anecdotal evidence. You should probably get out more if you think that's a reality.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Drugs on school grounds is a victim-less crime?

Pirate700

Yes.

So you support drugs on school grounds?

I don't know what school you went to, but underneath the football field bleachers was the pot smoking capital at my high school.

Arresting kids for doing drugs is like arresting rednecks for being idiots.  

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Implying either of those 2 things are cool. Yeah alcohol sucks, it should be illegal. It's not a reason to legalize weed and let kids do it.lightleggy

Regardless of your opinions, it's an indisputable fact that prohibition of anything has never worked. Ever. Not once in history.

So why keep throwing taxpayer money at prohibition and incarceration while simultaneously giving otherwise law-abiding, non-violent hard-working people a criminal record that will follow them for the rest of their lives?

Seems there's a lesser of two evils here, to me.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

lightleggy

Yup (about the weed part), and thats why kids should never do it. Plus it leads to a loser's lifestyle, sorry stoners, but this is true, as much as you hate it, sure there are maybe some regular weed smokers who have a good life, but this is the overwhelming minority, just like people who love to visit bars every night and dont get drunk. I know plenty of guys who had a bright future and who were really smart and could have done amazing at college, now they are struggling at a call center, getting fired like every 2 months for never showing up (for being baked, they just stay in bed and cant do anything) without even their high school diploma.

Hi, I am a IT consultant making 100k a year and I partake, so does every IT consultant I know.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 br0kenrabbit

Plus it leads to a loser's lifestyle, sorry stoners, but this is true, as much as you hate it, sure there are maybe some regular weed smokers who have a good life, but this is the overwhelming minoritylightleggy

I would argue against that. Most of my friends smoke weed, and we aren't fast-food employees.

I'm mostly retired, but I do contract work when I want to. I smoke. I have friends who are dentists, lawyers, physicists, teachers and so on, and they smoke.

Please don't confuse a bunch of teens getting stoned behind the bleachers at the football game for a bunch of adults who chose to toke up in the evening. You may as well judge anyone who puts beer to their lips by Mel Gibsons drunken anticts.

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

adding to mornic cops heres a newbie

911 dispatcher tells woman who is about to be sexually assulted there are no cops available due to budget cuts................

keep it classy seatle.... idiots http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/05/23/911-dispatcher-tells-woman-about-to-be-sexually-assaulted-there-are-no-cops-to-help-her-due-to-budget-cuts/

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 br0kenrabbit

Hi, I am a IT consultant making 100k a year and I partake, so does every IT consultant I know.

GummiRaccoon

Having been in IT myself for 20 years, it seems the majority of IT people partake. It'd really like to see a survey on this. :P

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Plus it leads to a loser's lifestyle, sorry stoners, but this is true, as much as you hate it, sure there are maybe some regular weed smokers who have a good life, but this is the overwhelming minority, just like people who love to visit bars every night and dont get drunk. I know plenty of guys who had a bright future and who were really smart and could have done amazing at college, now they are struggling at a call center, getting fired like every 2 months for never showing up (for being baked, they just stay in bed and cant do anything) without even their high school diploma.lightleggy

Go home lightleggy, you're stupid.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Plus it leads to a loser's lifestyle, sorry stoners, but this is true, as much as you hate it, sure there are maybe some regular weed smokers who have a good life, but this is the overwhelming minority, just like people who love to visit bars every night and dont get drunk. I know plenty of guys who had a bright future and who were really smart and could have done amazing at college, now they are struggling at a call center, getting fired like every 2 months for never showing up (for being baked, they just stay in bed and cant do anything) without even their high school diploma.Saturos3091
Wrong and anecdotal evidence. You should probably get out more if you think that's a reality.

I wouldn't bother with Leggy. He seems happy to be staggeringly ignorant on pretty much every topic he posts in.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Awesome use of a resources...

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Although I support legalization, recreational drugs do not belong in schools.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I could understand targeting the people supplying drugs in schools, but not the kids consuming the product itself. I mean, I know they're free to do this from a legal perspective, but to tricking f*cking kids into a felony charge is both petty and morally repugnant.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I could understand targeting the people supplying drugs in schools, but not the kids consuming the product itself. I mean, I know they're free to do this from a legal perspective, but to tricking f*cking kids into a felony charge is both petty and morally repugnant.Jazz_Fan

^

liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts
**** the police those racist thugs
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

I could understand targeting the people supplying drugs in schools, but not the kids consuming the product itself. I mean, I know they're free to do this from a legal perspective, but to tricking f*cking kids into a felony charge is both petty and morally repugnant.Jazz_Fan

Look man, we're trying to save these poor (the other type of poor; rich kids are hard to charge because of rich parents and lawyers lol) kids from drugs so that's why we're going to ruin their lives with felonies and misdemeanors.

People tend to underestimate how a criminal record of any type can affect their lives and the worst part is how easy it is to get a criminal record these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#69 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

br0kenrabbit

Having been in IT myself for 20 years, it seems the majority of IT people partake. It'd really like to see a survey on this. :P

My grandfather smoked for 40 years and never got lung cancer. Therefore I dont think lung cancer is caused by smoking.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 br0kenrabbit

My grandfather smoked for 40 years and never got lung cancer. Therefore I dont think lung cancer is caused by smoking.sonicare

Your grandfather is one guy who doesn't even begin to constitute a sample population.

I've been in IT for 20 years, and the vast majority of IT professionals I've had the pleasure of working with would be happy to fire one up on break.

A scientific sampling? No, thus the last comment on my previous post. It's still up there if you just didn't see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#71 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]My grandfather smoked for 40 years and never got lung cancer. Therefore I dont think lung cancer is caused by smoking.br0kenrabbit

Your grandfather is one guy who doesn't even begin to constitute a sample population.

I've been in IT for 20 years, and the vast majority of IT professionals I've had the pleasure of working with would be happy to fire one up on break.

A scientific sampling? No, thus the last comment on my previous post. It's still up there if you just didn't see it.

I must have missed it. All this pot just clouds my senses.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
someone should rub their nose in the weed so they know not to do it again
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 br0kenrabbit

I must have missed it. All this pot just clouds my senses.sonicare

Build that tolerance up so you're not geeking on it like a n00b. :P

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 br0kenrabbit

someone should rub their nose in the weed so they know not to do it againplaymynutz

Oh, I volunteer!

:D

:cool:

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.m0zart

Drugs on school grounds is a victim-less crime?

Yes.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

GummiRaccoon

I hope you're not a consultant for my company. :P

-Byshop

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Rich3232

Although I support legalization, recreational drugs do not belong in schools.

leviathan91
Something tells me the vast majority of school will not be happy having their caffeine being taken away......if we're going to be consistent with this policy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

[QUOTE="playmynutz"]someone should rub their nose in the weed so they know not to do it againbr0kenrabbit

Oh, I volunteer!

:D

:cool:

yeah keep smoking until you learn your lesson
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"] dude do you really wanna go there? can you honestly say a special needs kid deserves what he got?Pirate700

So handicapped people are exempt from the law? Fvck that. That scumbag had it coming

Now you're taking it too far. A kid doing something stupid doesn't make them a scumbag...

This is what happens when you demonize and dehumanize people doing victimless "crimes" It's why I'm absolutely fvcking disguted with anyone that support the drug war; they are effectively destroying lives when there wasn't necessarily going to be any lives destroyed and all under the fvcking pretense that they are indeed "saving" lives. Fvckign bullshit and fvck everyone that sprouts that shit off.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 br0kenrabbit

Something tells me the vast majority of school will not be happy having their caffeine being taken away......if we're going to be consistent with this policy. Rich3232

Don't forget Chocolate. It contains a few drugs:

Anandamine - a CANNABANOID, just like weed. It even targets the same brain receptors as marijuana.

Theobromine - Similar to caffine, except it will KILL YOUR DOG. No shit. This is why you don't give dogs chocolate. Seriously,  I'm not making this shit up.

Phenylethylamine - aka 'chocolate amphetamine', targets the same areas of your brain as orgasm.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44724 Posts
That sounds pretty screwed up, but at least he was let off easy. Right now it's the school that seems to be the problem.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 br0kenrabbit

yeah keep smoking until you learn your lessonplaymynutz

But my mommy says...

*cough* *cough*

Dude...

mragx4.jpg

...dude, you're like totally, I mean dude you're so...I mean...

...ah, man...did you just like, I mean really did you totally...

...oh, dude...lol...who put this, wait is this mine lighter? Oh wait, I think this one is yours, you got my lighter, man. Maaaaaaaaaan.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

th?id=H.4883069594503798&pid=15.1

hey... young ma...err i mean,  dude, know where i can cop a mari-j-juana cigarette?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Something tells me the vast majority of school will not be happy having their caffeine being taken away......if we're going to be consistent with this policy. br0kenrabbit

Anandamine - a CANNABANOID, just like weed. It even targets the same brain receptors as marijuana.

Theobromine - Similar to caffine, except it will KILL YOUR DOG. No shit. This is why you don't give dogs chocolate. Seriously,  I'm not making this shit up.

Phenylethylamine - aka 'chocolate amphetamine', targets the same areas of your brain as orgasm.

Even if weed was legalized tomorrow you know kids wouldn't be able to smoke on school grounds. In most schools you can't smoke cigarettes on campus even if you are over 18.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 br0kenrabbit

Even if weed was legalized tomorrow you know kids wouldn't be able to smoke on school grounds. In most schools you can't smoke cigarettes on campus even if you are over 18.ad1x2

I think the point is that it should be treated like cigarettes. Suspend the kids, don't take them to court. WTF?

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Rich3232
[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Something tells me the vast majority of school will not be happy having their caffeine being taken away......if we're going to be consistent with this policy. ad1x2

Even if weed was legalized tomorrow you know kids wouldn't be able to smoke on school grounds. In most schools you can't smoke cigarettes on campus even if you are over 18.

No shit, but we're contending the fact that kids should be arrested for simple possession of any drug esp. being charged with a goddamn felony for it.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Rich3232

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]Even if weed was legalized tomorrow you know kids wouldn't be able to smoke on school grounds. In most schools you can't smoke cigarettes on campus even if you are over 18.br0kenrabbit

I think the point is that it should be treated like cigarettes. Suspend the kids, don't take them to court. WTF?

Srsly.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Rich3232

[QUOTE="playmynutz"]yeah keep smoking until you learn your lessonbr0kenrabbit

But my mommy says...

*cough* *cough*

Dude...

mragx4.jpg

...dude, you're like totally, I mean dude you're so...I mean...

...ah, man...did you just like, I mean really did you totally...

...oh, dude...lol...who put this, wait is this mine lighter? Oh wait, I think this one is yours, you got my lighter, man. Maaaaaaaaaan.

HAHAHAHA. Ah....I wish I could smoke tonight. Have to wait one more day.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ad1x2
[QUOTE="ad1x2"][QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

Rich3232

No shit, but we're contending the fact that kids should be arrested for simple possession of any drug esp. being charged with a goddamn felony for it.

Weed posession only becomes a felony when you show intent to sell or distribute. Simply having a joint is only a misdemeanor and in most placs you won't even get jail time for it.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 br0kenrabbit

HAHAHAHA. Ah....I wish I could smoke tonight. Have to wait one more day. Rich3232

A week for me so, fvck off. :evil:

:P

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Rich3232
[QUOTE="ad1x2"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="ad1x2"] Even if weed was legalized tomorrow you know kids wouldn't be able to smoke on school grounds. In most schools you can't smoke cigarettes on campus even if you are over 18.

Weed posession only becomes a felony when you show intent to sell or distribute. Simply having a joint is only a misdemeanor and in most placs you won't even get jail time for it.

Lol. The officials at my school are scum and they will do w/e they can to "prove" that you intended to sell the drug. Would not be surprised to see this being the case at others.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 br0kenrabbit

Weed posession only becomes a felony when you show intent to sell or distribute. Simply having a joint is only a misdemeanor and in most placs you won't even get jail time for it.ad1x2

If you buy two dime bags (because that's how your dealer sells it) and get busted with both on you, they'll hit you with intent to resell. No shit, happens all the time.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] HAHAHAHA. Ah....I wish I could smoke tonight. Have to wait one more day. br0kenrabbit

A week for me so, fvck off. :evil:

:P

Poor bastard :P I just smoke a few cigs to pretend that I'm smoking the real stuff if I have to wait.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 br0kenrabbit

Poor bastard :P I just smoke a few cigs to pretend that I'm smoking the real stuff if I have to wait. Rich3232

I smoke cigs regardless, so that doesn't help.

I'm on a self-imposed tolerance break.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]Poor bastard :P I just smoke a few cigs to pretend that I'm smoking the real stuff if I have to wait. br0kenrabbit

I smoke cigs regardless, so that doesn't help.

I'm on a self-imposed tolerance break.

Oh, hahahah, you'll be thanking yourself when it's over, then.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#96 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]Weed posession only becomes a felony when you show intent to sell or distribute. Simply having a joint is only a misdemeanor and in most placs you won't even get jail time for it.br0kenrabbit

If you buy two dime bags (because that's how your dealer sells it) and get busted with both on you, they'll hit you with intent to resell. No shit, happens all the time.

Yep. As usual for laws that lower the target for burden of proof, this arose out of Prosecutors complaining that the existing burden of proof was too high. They weren't as successful in proving intent to distribute for individuals who had significant amounts on the lower end. Eventually the regulations were rewritten to define "intent to distribute" as based on the particular amount you carried. It's much easier for a prosecutor to prove intent to distribute when the definition of that intent is defined by the quantity a perp carries rather than evidence of actual intent.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ad1x2

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]Weed posession only becomes a felony when you show intent to sell or distribute. Simply having a joint is only a misdemeanor and in most placs you won't even get jail time for it.m0zart

Yep. As usual for laws that lower the target for burden of proof, this arose out of Prosecutors complaining that the existing burden of proof was too high. They weren't as successful in proving intent to distribute for individuals who had significant amounts on the lower end. Eventually the regulations were rewritten to define "intent to distribute" as based on the particular amount you carried. It's much easier for a prosecutor to prove intent to distribute when the definition of that intent is defined by the quantity a perp carries rather than evidence of actual intent.

It must suck where you guys live if they are busting people that easily. Maybe you should consider relocating to Colorado until the feds finally legalize weed.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#98 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

It must suck where you guys live if they are busting people that easily. Maybe you should consider relocating to Colorado until the feds finally legalize weed.ad1x2

I've never taken an illegal drug in my life. I don't plan to. My issue with this is strictly on the ethics of putting people in prisons for doing things to their own bodies.

So in general I am safe from imprisonment. I say in general because as the drug war has continually failed over the years, the response has been to expand it repeatedly. It hit a major milestone in the Bush era when assert forfeiture law came into play. Essentially, a law enforcement agency can seize your property -- all of it -- on the mere suspiscion that the assets were purchased or funded by drug money, or the assets were used to assist in the drug trade. No real proof is needed, nor do you need to be charged with any crime. Essentially they "arrest" the property. At that point, it is in their custody. You as the owner are only treated as a third party in the procedure, so you have very few rights to even know what is being done with the property after seizure. To really fight such a seizure takes a minimum of 100K, so for many people the odds of fighting such things are pretty near impossible.

And that can happen to anybody... even someone like me, who wouldn't know cocaine from powdered sugar. Law enforcement agencies in some parts of Florida are notorious for stopping only the most expensive cars, then seizing them right out from under the driver's feet, without so much as a warrant being issued. In Louisiana, it was well documented that the biggest victims of these seizures were minories, particularly African Americans. They would simply stop vehicles with African Americans on days that were usually expected to be paydays, take the money right out of their pockets, tell them they were keeping it because they suspected it was being used in the drug trade and reassure the person they weren't arresting him, then just send him on his merry way. It was literally highway robbery.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.famicommander

Waaaaaah. Get the laws changed. Until then, don't blame us. It's our job on the line if we don't enforce laws. And I'm not going to lose mine just because you think I should. Not unless you're going to pay me my salary.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.airshocker

Waaaaaah. Get the laws changed. Until then, don't blame us. It's our job on the line if we don't enforce laws. And I'm not going to lose mine just because you think I should. Not unless you're going to pay me my salary.

it doesn't change that you are a terrible person though.

"I was just doing my job" didn't work at nuremberg