Cops go undercover at a Highschool to bust special needs kid for weed

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

http://www.alternet.org/cops-go-undercover-high-school-bust-special-needs-kid-pot-why-are-police-so-desperate-throw-kids

disgusting. Dont they have anything better to do than bust kids for weed? Our tax dollars at work right here

Strong everything

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

that sounds like the worst episode of 21 jump street ever

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Fvck the police.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
Misleading. They weren't targeting one kid. Not that special needs is an excuse to break the law. And since the article is one sided...I don't know how much credence to give his parents opinion. If they are telling the truth....it would seem a bit beyond the scope of what they should have been doing. Then again.....it's only one side and seems rather odd for a cop to target a kid that hasn't any history.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

If the kid has weed, he's breaking the law on school grounds. Whether or not he's special needs doesn't change that. Also, as LJ said, they weren't targeting this kid. They arrested 21 other students...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pirate700

Also, I love how the title of the article asks why police are "desperate" to throw kids in jail. It's called wanting to keep drugs out of schools and away from kids. The title alone should tell you the article within isn't worth reading.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 br0kenrabbit

Misleading. They weren't targeting one kid. Not that special needs is an excuse to break the law. And since the article is one sided...I don't know how much credence to give his parents opinion. If they are telling the truth....it would seem a bit beyond the scope of what they should have been doing. Then again.....it's only one side and seems rather odd for a cop to target a kid that hasn't any history.LJS9502_basic

The telling part of the story is the courts agreed with the parents. So whatever other side there is, isn't very convincing.

And cops target people without histories all the time. There was an undercover trying to set up shop when I was in college but he was outed by one of the houses pretty quickly. Kinda hard to do your job as an undercover (as Jason Jantz) when people greet you in the hallways as "Officer Shoop", lol.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pirate700

Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.famicommander
Drugs on school grounds is a victim-less crime?

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.Pirate700

First off, it was entrapment. The cop gave the kid the money and TOLD him to buy the weed. Second, if the kid wasn't using the drug at school (and he wasn't) I don't see how there could possibly be a victim in this case.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.famicommander

First off, it was entrapment. The cop gave the kid the money and TOLD him to buy the weed. Second, if the kid wasn't using the drug at school (and he wasn't) I don't see how there could possibly be a victim in this case.

Do we know the cop actually gave him the money to do it or is that the family's side of the story? If the cop really did do that then, yeah, I agree the cop was in the wrong.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

This article is too one-sided for me to give an honest opinion

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.Pirate700

Yes.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.m0zart

Yes.

So you support drugs on school grounds?

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
If marijuana was legal, taxpayers money would be better spent on busting meth houses.
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

wow thats pretty terrible

parents should take the cops to court as well and not just the school

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ThaneKrios28

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Drugs on school grounds is a victim-less crime?

Pirate700

Yes.

dude do you really wanna go there? can you honestly say a special needs kid deserves what he got?
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

If the kid has weed, he's breaking the law on school grounds. Whether or not he's special needs doesn't change that. Also, as LJ said, they weren't targeting this kid. They arrested 21 other students...

Pirate700

Also, I love how the title of the article asks why police are "desperate" to throw kids in jail. It's called wanting to keep drugs out of schools and away from kids. The title alone should tell you the article within isn't worth reading.

Pirate700
I have never agreed with you more
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Anyone who enforces laws against victim-less crimes is a terrible person.famicommander

It's only entrapment if the officer pressures the person into doing something illegal  against that person's objections. An officer simply handing you money and saying "hey, could you go fetch some weed for me" isn't entrapment.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Yes.

ThaneKrios28

dude do you really wanna go there? can you honestly say a special needs kid deserves what he got?

Did you even read what I wrote? I said if the claim is true, then the cop was in the wrong...

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Capitan_Kid
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Yes.

ThaneKrios28

So handicapped people are exempt from the law? Fvck that. That scumbag had it coming
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ThaneKrios28
[QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]So you support drugs on school grounds? Capitan_Kid

So handicapped people are exempt from the law? Fvck that. That scumbag had it coming

i really hope your trolling................
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pirate700

[QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]So you support drugs on school grounds?

Capitan_Kid

Now you're taking it too far. A kid doing something stupid doesn't make them a scumbag...

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Pirate700

Yes.

I support not putting kids in jail for it.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Yes.

ThaneKrios28

just because he is special needs, doesnt make it alright for him to have weed, on school grounds no less.

special needs people still need to follow the law, or reap the consequences, just like everyone else.

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThaneKrios28

[QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]So you support drugs on school grounds?

konvikt_17

just because he is special needs, doesnt make it alright for him to have weed, on school grounds no less.

special needs people still need to follow the law, or reap the consequences, just like everyone else.

wow you really are an idiot. you do realize he was tricked right? i guess you missed that part
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"] dude do you really wanna go there? can you honestly say a special needs kid deserves what he got?ThaneKrios28

wow you really are an idiot. you do realize he was tricked right? i guess you missed that part

didnt read the article.

my point still stands.

-just read the article, stings like this happen all the time. gotta be careful when you buy pot. and if you get caught, thats still on you.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

wow you really are an idiot. you do realize he was tricked right? i guess you missed that partThaneKrios28

Tricked? He was asked for it, that's not much of a trick. From that point onward he acted deliberately.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Capitan_Kid

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="ThaneKrios28"] dude do you really wanna go there? can you honestly say a special needs kid deserves what he got?Pirate700

Now you're taking it too far. A kid doing something stupid doesn't make them a scumbag...

Using illegal drugs is a pretty big deal. He knows the possible consequences yet still does it anyways. Scum might be harsh but he's some kinda mean word
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I really hate to defend cops but its not their fault that drugs are against the law.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

An officer simply handing you money and saying "hey, could you go fetch some weed for me" isn't entrapment.

worlock77

Actually, that is. You can't ask someone to break the law for you and then bust them for breaking that law. The specific wording you used in your example actually -would- be entrapment, although I have no idea if the situation in the article was entrapment because there's not enough specific information.

-Byshop

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

I understand the desire the keep drugs out our schools, but c'mon...its pot.  Give the kids a big scare, suspend them for a day or two, send them to some drug classes are scared straight, but don't do anything that will screw their lives up like expel them.

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

I'm glad they got these dopers off the streets. Normal people selling drugs to special needs kids is horrible.  Stay classy drug dealers.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 konvikt_17

I'm glad they got these dopers off the streets. Normal people selling drugs to special needs kids is horrible.  Stay classy drug dealers.

0rbs

so its horrible to sell to special needs, but perfectly fine to sell to "normal" people?

lol.

drug dealers dont discriminate.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

doing it on a guy with aspergers is a bit unfair.

some people who have aspergers pretty much think they have to change the way they are and act like others to get people to like them, not to mention the anxiety as well.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]An officer simply handing you money and saying "hey, could you go fetch some weed for me" isn't entrapment.

Byshop

Actually, that is. You can't ask someone to break the law for you and then bust them for breaking that law. The specific wording you used in your example actually -would- be entrapment, although I have no idea if the situation in the article was entrapment because there's not enough specific information.

-Byshop

You can. If you couldn't then there would be no such thing as undercover operations, sting operations, an informant wearing a wire, etc. In a nutshell it's only entrapment if you're coerced into doing something you otherwise would not have done. But there's not really any clear-cut metric for determining if someone might have comitted an act otherwise. Entrapment cases can be very subjective and are basically open to case-by-case determination.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Waste of time and money Its weed for christs sake
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
I really hate to defend cops but its not their fault that drugs are against the law. DaBrainz
I also hate to defend nazi officials, but its not that fault that shipping jews away was the law.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 worlock77

Can we get a new rule here that Godwinning a thread comes with an automatic 1 week suspension?

All in favor raise your hand.

*raises hand*

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

Can we get a new rule here that Godwinning a thread comes with an automatic 1 week suspension?

All in favor raise your hand.

*raises hand*

worlock77

*raises hand*

...but Hitler was fond of raising his hand, too

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 m0zart

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Pirate700

Yes.

I don't think a student who carries drugs to school should face jail time or criminal charges, no. I also don't think the average person on the street should face them.

That doersn't meant schools can't prohibit drugs on campus, but the penalties should be the usual asinine school variety. These ridiculous life-altering legal penalties for carrying drugs on your person should be thrown right into the trash.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

You can. If you couldn't then there would be no such thing as undercover operations, sting operations, an informant wearing a wire, etc. In a nutshell it's only entrapment if you're coerced into doing something you otherwise would not have done. But there's not really any clear-cut metric for determining if someone might have comitted an act otherwise. Entrapment cases can be very subjective and are basically open to case-by-case determination.

worlock77

I confess, I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is that the general rule is you cannot tell someone to commit a crime on your behalf. In a prostitution sting, you can't walk up to someone and say "hey, give me money for sex", but you can stand out on the corner in hoochie-clothes and let someone come to you, ask them if they want to party, give them a price and then bust them when they try to give you money. This works out both ways because even if you're an actual prostitute, you don't want to explicitely spell out that you're taking money for sex on the off chance that your potential customer is actually a cop.

Similarly, you can ask someone if they know where to find drugs and (if they are a drug dealer) they will likely offer to procure them for you. The idea is you set up the situation for a person to commit a crime, rather than ordering them to do so.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Maybe too much weed made him special needs.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Yes.

m0zart

I don't think a student who carries drugs to school should face jail time or criminal charges, no. I also don't think the average person on the street should face them.

That doersn't meant schools can't prohibit drugs on campus, but the penalties should be the usual asinine school variety. These ridiculous life-altering legal penalties for carrying drugs on your person should be thrown right into the trash.

if they possess the same amount of drugs that would result in jail time to the average person, then they shouldn't catch a break.  They broke the law

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 m0zart

if they possess the same amount of drugs that would result in jail time to the average person, then they shouldn't catch a break. They broke the lawlostrib

I don't give a f*ck if they broke the law. It's the law itself, and its legitimacy in this instance, that I am judging. People sit around and pontificate about who will protect their children from drugs and the thugs that sell them if these laws were take out, worried that even possession of a drug will destroy their children's lives... so they sit idly by while those laws empower some very stupid thugs at all levels to proceed to ruin their children's lives for the possession of drugs. It's the usual circular bullshit.

I'm more than happy to see someone get away with it if they can. I'd rather promote the cases of those victims who were caught and imprisoned, and argue for their release, than expect that all victims be victimized equally.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 br0kenrabbit

You can be so drunk you can't stand up even with assistance and won't remember a thing tomorrow, and that's all fine and legal.

But if your eyes are a little red...

'Murica.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Maybe too much weed made him special needs.

sonicare

That joke would be funny if he were drinking alcohol instead.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#48 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
good riddance, get that crap away from kids, I dont care what potheads say, kids/teens shouldn't be smoking weed or be near to it.
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

Fvck the police.

br0kenrabbit
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#50 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

You can be so drunk you can't stand up even with assistance and won't remember a thing tomorrow, and that's all fine and legal.

But if your eyes are a little red...

'Murica.

br0kenrabbit
Implying either of those 2 things are cool. Yeah alcohol sucks, it should be illegal. It's not a reason to legalize weed and let kids do it.