Christians that hate and judge h0mosexuals are hypocrites....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 0

#201 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

It's only the few idiots who can't seem to accept that other people might disagree with them (mainly in threads that open can of worms) that it happens.ShadowsDemon

We accept that you have an opinion. We simply wish for you to back it up and not resort to childish tactics like "sausage in bum" and misrepresenting what a "strawman" is.

Or your typical "Keep on believing that :|" or your vague "That's stupid, you're wrong, :|" comments. You can call us whatever insult you want but that only further proves our point.

inb4 "why should i explain mysef to you????"

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's only the few idiots who can't seem to accept that other people might disagree with them (mainly in threads that open can of worms) that it happens.Slashless

We accept that you have an opinion. We simply wish for you to back it up and not resort to childish tactics like "sausage in bum" and misrepresenting what a "strawman" is.

Or your typical "Keep on believing that :|" or your vague "That's stupid, you're wrong, :|" comments. You can call us whatever insult you want but that only further proves our point.

29985339.jpg

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 wis3boi

Science will continue to back religion into a smaller and smaller corner. Eventually relgion will be an afterthought. Love for all, hope for progress, and faith in eachother will take its place within all of us. We will look past the past, remove yet another reason to segregate ourselves from ourselves. And even if it's not the last step, it will be a step in unity between all.

InEMplease

maybe one day we can take a trip to the Christian History Museum at the vatican :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#206 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's only the few idiots who can't seem to accept that other people might disagree with them (mainly in threads that open can of worms) that it happens.Slashless

No use trying to argue with ShadowsDemon, dude is a moron.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#207 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Summarize what has been going on with shadowsdemon itt for me , guys
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#209 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

We accept that you have an opinion. We simply wish for you to back it up and not resort to childish tactics like "sausage in bum"

I was merely presenting my opinion - granted I could have done it in a better way - but I was just trying to say that I wanted to remain neutral in the subject.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] :|ShadowsDemon

rofl.

Taking one section of my post and trying to make me look stupid? That's classy.

You think we have to try to make you look stupid?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 wis3boi

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Slashless"]

rofl.

Teenaged

yl3eQ.gif

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#212 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]You don't seriously expect Christians to vote in favor of gay marriage, do you? I get the whole wanting equal rights thing, but that's democracy. You vote on everything.Philosopho
You have a tragically bad understanding of our nation and the way it works. We are not a Democracy, that is mob rules. A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner. A Democratic Republic is two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner, but with laws on the books that say that the sheep is NOT on the menu. We are a Democratic Republic. Technically speaking gay rights should not be up for a vote at all. A majority should never determine the rights of a minority. The second most important function of the government behind protecting the homeland is protecting the rights of minorities from the whims and tyranny of the majority.

Christians are super imposing their private religious beliefs on this group through the law, this is fundamentally un-American. (which is why I give the fundamentalists among them the nick name of "The American Taliban") The federal government needs to step in and say "no, you cannot determine their rights, their rights are as inherent as your own". Sometimes, the majority is wrong. So no, we do NOT vote on everything, and for good reason. Hell, if the civil rights bill were put up to a popular vote in some southern states, it may just be overturned there. Christians have got to learn how to keep their religion to themselves, and out of our laws. Pretty much all the would be theocrats in the right wing were trounced in this last election, that sends a clear message.

I am not American.

I am just saying, if you give someone the right to vote against you, you can't get mad when they vote against you. Well, you can, but you can't seriously think that they're not going to vote against you.

Frankly, I support polygamy, and if I were American and had to vote, I would vote accordingly. However, I do not expect a bill legalizing polygamy to actually pass. I also support lowering the age of consent to the age in most European countries (14-16), but once again the reality is that if I were American, that would never pass either.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Lol,Christianity is the most pathetic,annoying,stupid,prude,preservative,brainwashing,parasitic,destructive religion in the world.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#214 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Slashless"]

rofl.

Teenaged

You ain't doing a good job of it either way.
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 JoGoSo
Member since 2012 • 441 Posts

[QUOTE="JoGoSo"] 1 Cor. 6 tells a very good reason. XaosII

I LOL'ed.

"The reason isnt important"

"Except, in Christianity, the reason is important."

"God tells you not to do it because God tells you not to do it."

circular.gif?w=450

Ugh, my biggest gripe with this board is people who like to debate but doesn't know how. This is a sign that you have no foundation for your outrage so saying something stupid should work. I swear for all the intelligence atheists/non-believers keep saying they have about religion, they sure do lack it a lot in these threads.

See if you can follow the point:

- Person says God does not give reasons

- I say God doesn't have to give us a reason but does so anyway since we are curious of what we join

- Idiot comes on the board and says "Derp, Circular reasoning"

- Most smart people would call it answering the question.

If you don't want to truly discuss this and simply want to make lame posts with cute gifs, there's got to a be a million "short bus" thread for that all over the internet.

/mini rant since it probably wasn't understood anyway

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I often here from some Christians (certianly not all) that homosexuality is a sin and a death sentence to hell, and I wonder if these people have actually read The Bible to begin with.

Now to be fair I am a Jew so I may not have the best understanding of Christian theology, but I read The Bible (I find it important to learn about different faiths) and I can safely say that Christians (again some) have missed the point completely or never read it in the first place.

Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone", guess what? That means that you are not allowed to judge homosexuals if you are a Christian. Jesus also said to love your neighbor as you love yourself, and that all men are God's children.

That also includes homosexuals. Also The Bible does not talk about same sex marriage, not once. It seems to be a non issue and Jesus seemed to be more concerned with heterosexual couples and what they do and not homosexuals.

The message of The Bible is to love God and to love others. Why do (some) people that call themselves Christians misunderstand this?

ShadowMoses900
im not a Christian but the bible does talk about homosexuality.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Taking one section of my post and trying to make me look stupid? That's classy.ShadowsDemon

If we tried.

But we arent.

So... what exactly confuses you?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Taking one section of my post and trying to make me look stupid? That's classy.ShadowsDemon

Well it is very difficult to surpass you in that regard.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I often here from some Christians (certianly not all) that homosexuality is a sin and a death sentence to hell, and I wonder if these people have actually read The Bible to begin with.

Now to be fair I am a Jew so I may not have the best understanding of Christian theology, but I read The Bible (I find it important to learn about different faiths) and I can safely say that Christians (again some) have missed the point completely or never read it in the first place.

Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone", guess what? That means that you are not allowed to judge homosexuals if you are a Christian. Jesus also said to love your neighbor as you love yourself, and that all men are God's children.

That also includes homosexuals. Also The Bible does not talk about same sex marriage, not once. It seems to be a non issue and Jesus seemed to be more concerned with heterosexual couples and what they do and not homosexuals.

The message of The Bible is to love God and to love others. Why do (some) people that call themselves Christians misunderstand this?

helwa1988

im not a Christian but the bible does talk about homosexuality.

Actually it doesn't the whole Lie with another man thing is just more sexism, it means you can tell a woman lies but not another man.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

TC if judging others is wrong....doesn't that make you wrong as well and by extension a hypocrite?

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 th3warr1or

TC if judging others is wrong....doesn't that make you wrong as well and by extension a hypocrite?

LJS9502_basic

He's not judging people according to his beliefs though. He's judging them according to theirs. And he's also not talking about judging people in general, but rather Christians (not people) judging homosexuals.

The whole "cast the first stone" thing is from Christianity. Thus, only Christians should have to abide by that belief.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

th3warr1or

He's not judging people according to his beliefs though. He's judging them according to theirs. And he's also not talking about judging people in general, but rather Christians (not people) judging homosexuals.

The whole "cast the first stone" thing is from Christianity. Thus, only Christians should have to abide by that belief.

He has to agree with the idea to state that's it's the proper course of action. For instance....I would not tell a Muslim they are hypocrites for not following their month long fast as I don't believe in it.

As for cast the first stone....well that depends. I do follow that. It's not my place to say who will or will not be saved. However, on the other hand...one should certainly point out to a murderer for instance that murder is the wrong course of action. That does not make one a hypocrite.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

LJS9502_basic

He has to agree with the idea to state that's it's the proper course of action. For instance....I would not tell a Muslim they are hypocrites for not following their month long fast as I don't believe in it.

Not necessarily. He's judging a Christian according to Christianity. It's certainly possible to objectively judge someone according to their belief without sharing it.

You don't have to be Muslim to tell a Muslim that he's sinning by not fasting, or eating pork. Yeah, there's no reason to really, but if this Muslim is going round telling other Muslims that all muslims who eat pork are sinners, when he himself eats pork, a third party can call him out on hypocrisy even if he [the 3rd party] eats pork.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"] He's not judging people according to his beliefs though. He's judging them according to theirs. And he's also not talking about judging people in general, but rather Christians (not people) judging homosexuals.

th3warr1or

Not necessarily. He's judging a Christian according to Christianity. It's certainly possible to objectively judge someone according to their belief without sharing it.

You don't have to be Muslim to tell a Muslim that he's sinning by not fasting, or eating pork. Yeah, there's no reason to really, but if this Muslim is going round telling other Muslims that all muslims who eat pork are sinners, when he himself eats pork, a third party can call him out on hypocrisy even if he [the 3rd party] eats pork.

Read my edit.
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 JoGoSo
Member since 2012 • 441 Posts
It's not my place to say who will or will not be saved. However, on the other hand...one should certainly point out to a murderer for instance that murder is the wrong course of action. That does not make one a hypocrite.LJS9502_basic
For some reason, people will never get this point even though they practice everyday in far more mundane situations. Many Christians believe homosexuality is a sin, but it has no effect since gay people (& straight for that matter) can still practice homosexuality without the Christian gay police intruding. It boils down to being mad about not being a part of a club that you didn't want to belong to in the first place.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#226 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="JoGoSo"] It boils down to being mad about not being a part of a club that you didn't want to belong to in the first place.

So you're mad that you can't be gay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-5e9044657a310
For instance....I would not tell a Muslim they are hypocrites for not following their month long fast as I don't believe in it.>LJS9502_basic
That is not the point the OP was making. He was making the point that if a Muslim broke the fast, but told other Muslims they were breaking Muslim law, than the First Muslim would be a hypocrite.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="JoGoSo"] It boils down to being mad about not being a part of a club that you didn't want to belong to in the first place.Nuck81
So you're mad that you can't be gay

I don't blame him.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]For instance....I would not tell a Muslim they are hypocrites for not following their month long fast as I don't believe in it.>Nuck81
That is not the point the OP was making. He was making the point that if a Muslim broke the fast, but told other Muslims they were breaking Muslim law, than the First Muslim would be a hypocrite.

Recommend you read the end of my post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]For instance....I would not tell a Muslim they are hypocrites for not following their month long fast as I don't believe in it.>LJS9502_basic

Recommend you read the end of my post.

Yeah, I did, and you're still missing the point of the original post. Either on purpose now, because you realized your mistake and want to save face, or unintentionally cause you're a dumbass. Using you're own example, the murderer analogy is incorrect as it't not the situation in the OP. Using the OP point, if a Murderer were to point out that murder is the wrong course of action, than he would be a hypocrite.