Christians that hate and judge h0mosexuals are hypocrites....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 MannyDelgado
Member since 2011 • 1187 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

God and science are not enemies. Only if your a fundamentalist do you have a problem with it.

Religion actually formed the basis of civilization, and it continues to inspire people today. While some have done bad with it, for the most part, it's been a force of good.

ShadowMoses900

science and god are not enemies, but science and religion are because they are two paths to the same questions, and only one of them has been shown to work

I disagree, nothing in my religious views conflict with science. I believe in evolution and everything. It's only religious fundamentalism that is the issue. Religion has pushed society forward in many ways, it was in fact religion that inspired the early scientific discoveries.

The more I learn about science, the more I learn about God.

You might believe in evolution, but were it not for science you would hold religious beliefs mutually exclusive with it - the history of science and religion has (at least for the last four-or-so centuries) been one of the inexorable advance of science continuously throwing religious junk out the window, and it's only because this process is rather slow that you have the illusion that there's no conflict
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts
some Christians think having a secular society is a suppression of their religious freedom to impose their views on other people through public policy, I find that hypocritical
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Burning people alive is never a force for good.

tenaka2

To be fair, science has it's own share of atrocities. It's not like the Atom Bomb dropped lollipops and puppies over Hiroshima.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

The old testament also says that any man who sleeps with another man should be put death (its phrased something like any man that sleeps with man kind). And peter calls homosexuality an abomination and sin because in his time romans practiced a lot of man on man sex. Diablo-B

It also calls women who wear pants an abomination. Same word, so why do many Christian women wear pants to church without getting hit with "GOD HATES WOMEN IN PANTS" protests?

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. -Deuteronomy 22:5

JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 JoGoSo
Member since 2012 • 441 Posts

I often here from some Christians (certianly not all) that homosexuality is a sin and a death sentence to hell, and I wonder if these people have actually read The Bible to begin with.

Now to be fair I am a Jew so I may not have the best understanding of Christian theology, but I read The Bible (I find it important to learn about different faiths) and I can safely say that Christians (again some) have missed the point completely or never read it in the first place.

Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone", guess what? That means that you are not allowed to judge homosexuals if you are a Christian. Jesus also said to love your neighbor as you love yourself, and that all men are God's children.

That also includes homosexuals. Also The Bible does not talk about same sex marriage, not once. It seems to be a non issue and Jesus seemed to be more concerned with heterosexual couples and what they do and not homosexuals.

The message of The Bible is to love God and to love others. Why do (some) people that call themselves Christians misunderstand this?

ShadowMoses900
There's a bit of confusion in your (& some Christians) understanding. Condemning sin is not the same thing as judgement. No one has the ability to judge except for God & Jesus. However, there are stipulations needed to be considered a Christian of record. Otherwise anyone could be one without any conviction whatsoever. So it is completely reasonable for Christians to dictate what is acceptable per Christian Doctrine. Whether or not those ones who refuse to accept Doctrine are "saved" or not is entirely up to God. It has nothing to do with hate Gay people apparently became Christians in the Bible so we know they were preached to with no animosity) and more to do with conditions. Christianity is conditional (Just like nearly every other organization on the planet) and fornication is one of the condition not acceptable to practice. This is actually where Christians can be most hypocritical as fornication doesn't take into account orientation. I won't get into gay marriage since there are plenty of churches that accept it and there plenty of valid reasons not to. Just stating that it's not hypocritical to consider homosexuality a sin since that is not parallel with hate.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Btw I full agree with the topic title, and yes I am christian.

Serraph105
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
A true christian would make friends with any homosexual and share a respectful relationship as friends. the christian is always on a preaching mission so yeah it would be an attempt of conversion
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

God and science are not enemies. Only if your a fundamentalist do you have a problem with it.

Religion actually formed the basis of civilization, and it continues to inspire people today. While some have done bad with it, for the most part, it's been a force of good.

ShadowMoses900

science and god are not enemies, but science and religion are because they are two paths to the same questions, and only one of them has been shown to work

I disagree, nothing in my religious views conflict with science. I believe in evolution and everything. It's only religious fundamentalism that is the issue. Religion has pushed society forward in many ways, it was in fact religion that inspired the early scientific discoveries.

I'll go with my definition of religion: An ever receeding pocket of human ignorance. Science starts with facts and looks for conclusions, you however are starting with the conclusion and looking for 'facts' to back up your claim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

I'll go with my definition of religion: An ever receeding pocket of human ignorance. Science starts with facts and looks for conclusions, you however are starting with the conclusion and looking for 'facts' to back up your claim.

You're grandstanding a bit here. From Oxford English Dictionary: Scientific Method "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#110 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I often here from some Christians (certianly not all) that homosexuality is a sin and a death sentence to hell, and I wonder if these people have actually read The Bible to begin with.

Now to be fair I am a Jew so I may not have the best understanding of Christian theology, but I read The Bible (I find it important to learn about different faiths) and I can safely say that Christians (again some) have missed the point completely or never read it in the first place.

Jesus said "He who is without sin cast the first stone", guess what? That means that you are not allowed to judge homosexuals if you are a Christian. Jesus also said to love your neighbor as you love yourself, and that all men are God's children.

That also includes homosexuals. Also The Bible does not talk about same sex marriage, not once. It seems to be a non issue and Jesus seemed to be more concerned with heterosexual couples and what they do and not homosexuals.

The message of The Bible is to love God and to love others. Why do (some) people that call themselves Christians misunderstand this?

JoGoSo
There's a bit of confusion in your (& some Christians) understanding. Condemning sin is not the same thing as judgement. No one has the ability to judge except for God & Jesus. However, there are stipulations needed to be considered a Christian of record. Otherwise anyone could be one without any conviction whatsoever. So it is completely reasonable for Christians to dictate what is acceptable per Christian Doctrine. Whether or not those ones who refuse to accept Doctrine are "saved" or not is entirely up to God. It has nothing to do with hate Gay people apparently became Christians in the Bible so we know they were preached to with no animosity) and more to do with conditions. Christianity is conditional (Just like nearly every other organization on the planet) and fornication is one of the condition not acceptable to practice. This is actually where Christians can be most hypocritical as fornication doesn't take into account orientation. I won't get into gay marriage since there are plenty of churches that accept it and there plenty of valid reasons not to. Just stating that it's not hypocritical to consider homosexuality a sin since that is not parallel with hate.

Only A Christian would say that no one can judge but God, and then in the next sentence say it is their duty as a Christian to judge others.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Nuck81

You're grandstanding a bit here. From Oxford English Dictionary: Scientific Method "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."

and has nothing to do with what I said

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#112 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I'm not homophobic, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support homosexuality either. I think for me that's the way to go.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I'm not homophobic, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support homosexuality either. I think for me that's the way to go.ShadowsDemon

"I'm not racist, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support blacks either. I think for me that's the way to go."

Makes just as little sense as what you said.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] ewwwwthemajormayor
30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.

but it's gross. I don't want my penis in that sh*thole. Tossing the sallad on the other hand=yum!

Oh please... vaginas look like open wounds.

I really dont feel like I'm missing anything.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] 30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.Teenaged

but it's gross. I don't want my penis in that sh*thole. Tossing the sallad on the other hand=yum!

It's not a matter of what it looks like, it's what's inside. YUCK.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] but it's gross. I don't want my penis in that sh*thole. Tossing the sallad on the other hand=yum!themajormayor

It's not a matter of what it looks like, it's what's inside. YUCK.

What's inside can get out.

***HINT***

[spoiler] Enemas [/spoiler]

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] 30-40 years ago oral sex was considered Taboo.toast_burner

You are missing the natural activity for human reproduction ;).
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Teenaged

You are missing the natural activity for human reproduction ;). o0squishy0o
I dont want kids so...

If I want in the future... personally I dont think its a good sign when people want kids so bad that if they cant have them then something feels wrong. If I have a partner that I truly love I really want nothing else. I'll let the straights fill in relationship gaps with some offspring (which is definitely true for many).

And I dont feel like the world will miss my genes.

MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 MannyDelgado
[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"] You are missing the natural activity for human reproduction ;).

Yeah but then you might have babby ain't nobody got time for that
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]The old testament also says that any man who sleeps with another man should be put death (its phrased something like any man that sleeps with man kind). And peter calls homosexuality an abomination and sin because in his time romans practiced a lot of man on man sex. br0kenrabbit

It also calls women who wear pants an abomination. Same word, so why do many Christian women wear pants to church without getting hit with "GOD HATES WOMEN IN PANTS" protests?

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. -Deuteronomy 22:5

I don't see anywhere that says women can't wear pants. You can't wear men's clothing doesn't mean you can't wear pants. Furthermore, men didn't even wear pants back then.

There are female designers today who design clothing for women, and they have jeans/pants/shorts in female cuts. That's definitely not a man's garment.

Likewise, it's not a sin for a man to wear a skirt. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the togas worn by Romans, sarongs worn by Yemenites/Malays/Indians, or kilts worn by Scots.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#121 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]I'm not homophobic, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support homosexuality either. I think for me that's the way to go.toast_burner

"I'm not racist, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support blacks either. I think for me that's the way to go."

:lol: Oh please. So I need to parade around for people who like sausages in their bums, or I'm considered a bigoted, racist idiot? Your posts get better every day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]I'm not homophobic, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support homosexuality either. I think for me that's the way to go.ShadowsDemon

:lol: Oh please. So I need to parade around for people who like sausages in their bums, or I'm considered a bigoted, racist idiot? Your posts get better every day.

When did I say you need to parade about?

Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
The fact that there is a serious discussion on absurd religious beliefs based on things that have no real validity is mind numbing.
MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MannyDelgado
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]I'm not homophobic, and I think everyone should mind their own business, but I don't support homosexuality either. I think for me that's the way to go.ShadowsDemon

lol you could at least pretend to be responding to his analogy
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 JoGoSo

[QUOTE="JoGoSo"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Nuck81

Only A Christian would say that no one can judge but God, and then in the next sentence say it is their duty as a Christian to judge others.

I didn't say that at all. I guess I'll be blunt (It seems like you may need bluntness) and say that only an idiot can say that anyone can be a Christian if they just ignore what it takes to be a Christian.

That is not judging the person in terms of salvation just in terms of whether they can carry out the "job function" of what's required to be a Christian. To simplify even further- You can't be a doctor unless you get a medical degree. That doesn't mean that doctors condemn others for not having a degree. Quite the contrary, they help them more.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I have never heard a Christian say that they hate homosexuals. Say that it is a sin, yes, but that does not mean they hate them. Everyone sins and if I hated people for their sin then not only would I be a hypocrite because of my own sin but I'd be required to hate all of humanity. Just because I might disagree with someone does not equate to hate.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
People, including Christians need to take the bible with a grain of salt. The bible has some good moments and some "wtf" moments
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 JoGoSo
People, including Christians need to take the bible with a grain of salt. The bible has some good moments and some "wtf" moments Swanogt19
Well, having a religion standard regarding morality is hardly a wtf moment. It's just one that doesn't jibe with secular society. As long as it stays within the religious teaching, it doesn't matter unless the practicer wants to belong to that religion at which point it's a tough luck scenario where thy have to move on to one that will accept them.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"] You are missing the natural activity for human reproduction ;).

Because that's your number one reason for engaging in sexual activities am I right?
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#130 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
The gay man would be going to hell for lying more than having sexual relations with another man. Your average citizen would be going to hell for their pride or contempt towards others. There are bigger reasons why we deserve to go to hell than homosexuality. Also note that Jesus also said to the woman in question "Go, and sin no more." Did she commit adultery? Who knows, but whatever she did, Jesus gave her a second chance. The whole point is, whatever your sin is, God is willing to forgive if you accept Jesus has already died and raised again. The Torah cannot make you good, it is only meant to make us aware of our sins, and our need for a savior.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

The gay man would be going to hell for lying more than having sexual relations with another man. Your average citizen would be going to hell for their pride or contempt towards others. There are bigger reasons why we deserve to go to hell than homosexuality. Also note that Jesus also said to the woman in question "Go, and sin no more." Did she commit adultery? Who knows, but whatever she did, Jesus gave her a second chance. The whole point is, whatever your sin is, God is willing to forgive if you accept Jesus has already died and raised again. The Torah cannot make you good, it is only meant to make us aware of our sins, and our need for a savior.hiphops_savior
Problem is it doesn't explain why it's a sin so what it says is completely meaningless.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 MrPraline
Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 th3warr1or

Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.MrPraline

Why does it matter to people who *don't* believe in the aforementioned religion though.

I mean if a Buddhist told me my Karma was going to get me reincarnated as a single-celled organism, I'd be offended if I were Buddhist (since he's saying I'm a terrible person), but if I'm not what is "karma" to me?

What is a "sin" to someone who doesn't follow the Abrahamic faiths anyway?

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.th3warr1or

Why does it matter to people who *don't* believe in the aforementioned religion though.

I mean if a Buddhist told me my Karma was going to get me reincarnated as a single-celled organism, I'd be offended if I were Buddhist (since he's saying I'm a terrible person), but if I'm not what is "karma" to me?

That Buddhist would still be implying you are a terrible person, though. A sin is a bad thing. Something that should not be committed or entertained. Something to look down on people for. In your books, not mine. Not very nice to judge people for something they did not even have a say in.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.MrPraline

That Buddhist would still be implying you are a terrible person, though. A sin is a bad thing. Something that should not be committed or entertained. Something to look down on people for. In your books, not mine. Not very nice to judge people for something they did not even have a say in.

But it's only bad in that religion. If you don't believe in that religion, it shouldn't even have an emotional or psychological impact on you. It's like Christians telling non-Christians that they're going to hell for rejecting Jsus.

So if someone tells you that you're not going to enter the kingdom of [the Christian] god for being immoral or sinful, and you don't even believe in his definition of sin, much less his religion, I really don't see why it should even affect you.

I really don't see why people who disagree with religion are looking for approval from religious people. It's not going to happen. I know that by [insert religion]'s standards I'm a terrible person, and frankly, I don't give a crap. I'm not going to bother asking adherents of that religion why they think I'm bad or even challenge their beliefs.

Yes, the Buddhist may be implying I'm a terrible person, but that's according to HIS beliefs, not mine. According to HIS beliefs, I *am* a terrible person. Doesn't mean I am one. Same thing applies here. Insert any religion with atheism/agnosticism/another religion.

This isn't even just exclusive to religion. Liberals are crazy to Conservatives, Conservatives are crazy to Liberals, Democracy is crazy to Communism, Communism is crazy to Democracy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

....people in OT seem to forget the OT

Nuck81
When people bring up the Old Testament Christians always say, "well when Jesus came he did away with the Old Testament" Then Christians use Old Testament scripture to justify some form of Hate or Bigotry.

You seem confused. Those that say OT was the history, laws, and rules of Judaism....which it was....don't use the OT as a basis for teachings on homosexuality. Those that do say the OT is important....do.
MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MannyDelgado
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] You seem confused.

lulz
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic

Catholics, not christians.

N30F3N1X
What does that mean? Here's betting whatever it means...it's wrong.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="o0squishy0o"] You are missing the natural activity for human reproduction ;).

Because that's your number one reason for engaging in sexual activities am I right?

Its the only reason why we survive as a species. Obviously that can be changed now by advancements in "test tube" babies, however there is no argument against it. Honestly I was saying it to get some sort of reaction as I do feel sometimes that the whole gay "issue" even though to me there isn't one, is very heavy handed in how it deals with people, which I think sometimes is not the correct way. The guy who replied as well saying how he doesn't want kids is totally understandable. I think very few people know when they actually want children, the others tend to either fall pregnant by accident or give in to the other sides wanting. Of course for me, no I dont do it for the sake of having children haha. I saw an article about how a woman who was on drugs wanted to have sex with a tree... is that normal? probably when its hard to say whats normal. Tldr, I have no problem with homosexuals, I just think some people back them up in too much of a sexual approach and not of a simple, a guy likes a guy without any undertones of what they get up to in the bedroom because to me, I dont like that. It makes me feel uncomfortable, and I think alot of people feel like that and to me I would say thats a natural reaction because I dont like the idea of doing anything with a guy, so why should I be forced to almost like it... in a wierd "understanding" way.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.th3warr1or

You'd rather people didn't care when they see or overhear someone, Or a group, deliberately try to offend someone just because they don't agree with how a person is? You claim "Oh just because you don't follow the same faith then you shouldn't care", Wrong. You're still saying that unless they change who they are to fit your view of "normal person" then they're going to suffer. You are essentially threatening them and trying to manipulate them to be what you want them to be. Regardless of what excuse is used, If you deliberately bash someone for a single aspect of their life that you don't agree with, which doesn't even harm anyone, then you're still in the wrong.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MrPraline
[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] You seem confused.

lulz

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MrPraline
According to HIS beliefs, I *am* a terrible person.th3warr1or
Sure, and you could make the case his beliefs are hateful for that. Especially when the motivation behind people being hellbound sinner devils is something beyond their choice. Must be a lovely feeling, being born all innocent like in a body that a billion of self righteous white horse'd gutmenschen would consider evil and ready for the eternal BBQ feast of Yahweh.
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 JoGoSo
Problem is it doesn't explain why it's a sin so what it says is completely meaningless.toast_burner
I may be in the middle of another arguument but this doesn't make much sense. Adultery & fornication are explained pretty clearly regarding why they are a sin within the religion. It is, by definition, meaningless to a non-believer though which in turn is meaningless to the believer. After all, why would a believer care what a non-believer thinks?
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MrPraline
After all, why would a believer care what a non-believer thinks?JoGoSo
Why not? If his lifestyle is condemned. If his personality is compared to that of mass murderers. If eternal torment is wished upon him. Why wouldn't he care?
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 JoGoSo
Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.MrPraline
Their orientation isn't an issue and a lifestyle is a completely valid point in relation to sin. If you are part of a religion that says sex outside of marriage is not allowed, it's silly to turn around and be outraged when that religion calls you out on having a lifestyle that involves sex outside of marriage. It's also completely valid to have hate for a particular lifestyle since lifestyle never ever equals the person unless that person's life is pretty pathetic or the hater is stereotyping - something that is not a Bible teaching to begin with.
JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 JoGoSo

[QUOTE="JoGoSo"]After all, why would a believer care what a non-believer thinks?MrPraline
Why not? If his lifestyle is condemned. If his personality is compared to that of mass murderers. If eternal torment is wished upon him. Why wouldn't he care?

Doctrine doesn't tell Christians to wish eternal torment on others. In any event, unless that person is wanting to be the one that wants to inflict eternal torment, it doesn't matter to the non-believer's health or livelihood. The only exception to this is the non-believer who wants to be a believer. An atheist who is concerned about a believer's imaginary place of torment has way too much time on their hands.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

To be fair Jesus's gang were all guys, it was a total sausage fest.

They didn't even have female strippers for the last supper.

Think about it.

JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 JoGoSo

To be fair Jesus's gang were all guys, it was a total sausage fest.

They didn't even have female strippers for the last supper.

Think about it.

tenaka2
Jokes like this are ALWAYS funny...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LJS9502_basic
FYI.....orientation is not a sin.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Without wanting to get in an argument on semantics and dictionary definitions, continuously calling a person's orientation and lifestyle a "sin" is pretty f*cking hateful.Treflis

You'd rather people didn't care when they see or overhear someone, Or a group, deliberately try to offend someone just because they don't agree with how a person is? You claim "Oh just because you don't follow the same faith then you shouldn't care", Wrong. You're still saying that unless they change who they are to fit your view of "normal person" then they're going to suffer. You are essentially threatening them and trying to manipulate them to be what you want them to be. Regardless of what excuse is used, If you deliberately bash someone for a single aspect of their life that you don't agree with, which doesn't even harm anyone, then you're still in the wrong.

Depends. Am I physically doing anything to them that makes them suffer? Or is this "suffering" the same kind of suffering that Christians claim all non-Christians are going to endure in the afterlife? If it's the former, it's wrong only because it's assault, and is no more or less wrong than racism, etc. If the latter, there is absolutely jack sh*t suffering involved unless you believe it.

Seriously, it's no different from saying someone who has premarital sex is going to hell. Unless you believe hell exists, there is absolutely no issue. Sure, the person saying it may be annoying. If someone beats you up for having premarital sex, that's another issue altogether.