Chicago: The Deadliest Global City.

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

I can't say that I've ever felt particularly unsafe walking around Chicago at night.

worlock77

Where were you walking? North side?

Yes, and central. Not bad areas no, but that's not really relevant to the point.

But where you live in the city really changes your perspective on it. When I lived there I never felt particularly unsafe walking around at night, but I can sure as hell tell you that if I walked a few blocks south I would have.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] Where were you walking? North side?chessmaster1989

Yes, and central. Not bad areas no, but that's not really relevant to the point.

But where you live in the city really changes your perspective on it. When I lived there I never felt particularly unsafe walking around at night, but I can sure as hell tell you that if I walked a few blocks south I would have.

Right. But the post I was responding to said "Chicago", with no accounting for specific areas. Thus I responded likewise.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MetalDogGear
Member since 2013 • 825 Posts

So 505 murders last year in a city of 2.7 million. The town in southern Illinois where my parents live has a population of like 6,500 and had 3 murders last year. I wonder what that murder rate would be.

worlock77
That's disproportionate Of course there'd be less murders in your town. There's less people !
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Chicago never feels safe enough to walk outside alone late at night. gamah_killah

In certain areas. If I'm in like Wicker Park I don't feel in danger at all.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MetalDogGear

[QUOTE="gamah_killah"]Chicago never feels safe enough to walk outside alone late at night. JML897

In certain areas. If I'm in like Wicker Park I don't feel in danger at all.

I had wild misconceptions about L.A before I went there I thought people were getting shot right before people's eyes, getting mugged etc., Well, people don't really get mugged that much...
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

So 505 murders last year in a city of 2.7 million. The town in southern Illinois where my parents live has a population of like 6,500 and had 3 murders last year. I wonder what that murder rate would be.

MetalDogGear

That's disproportionate Of course there'd be less murders in your town. There's less people !

The point -------------

Your head -------------

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MetalDogGear

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

The point -------------

Your head -------------

Are you saying that OP'S statistics are false?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"] That's disproportionate Of course there'd be less murders in your town. There's less people !MetalDogGear

The point -------------

Your head -------------

Are you saying that OP'S statistics are false?

*facepalm*

Seriously dude, I want you go re-read, carefully, what I posted. Then think about it for a moment before commenting further.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Its the inner city and most crimes are gang related. Both parties would have guns anyway.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

At least LA isn't number 1. Phew!

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

worlock77

The point -------------

Your head -------------

That's being generous.
MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MetalDogGear

worlock77
I guess you were just asking a question I don't know what the murder rate would be
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

MetalDogGear

I guess you were just asking a question I don't know what the murder rate would be

No, I wasn't. I was making an implication that you still don't seem to be getting. Also, look at my signature - notice the location I have on it?

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MetalDogGear

worlock77

No, I wasn't. I was making an implication that you still don't seem to be getting. Also, look at my signature - notice the location I have on it?

I had to enable it

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#65 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

And yet Chicago also has one of the most strictest gun control polices in the country. Guess it hasn't helped them out too well has it?

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MetalDogGear

worlock77

I'm sorry. I'm just not getting it I haven't read the thread much or much into this situation and so maybe I've got some holes in my knowledge...
MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MetalDogGear

I guess my dumb ass self killed this thread.

Sorry ya'll.....

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
But, hey, the Pizza is great!
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I can understand why, isn't Chicago a big mafia hang-out?Toph_Girl250
Close, more like a crap load of street gangs walk the streets of Chicago and they gives no fvck about casualties when they shoot into crowds of people in an attempt to get their intended target. They are the bulk of Chicago murders and shootings with verbal disputes bringing most of the rest of the killings that happen in Chicago....
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

And yet Chicago also has one of the most strictest gun control polices in the country. Guess it hasn't helped them out too well has it?

ShadowMoses900
Not when many of said weapons are gained by illegal means....
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

tocool340
Not when many of said weapons are gained by illegal means....

Another notable thing about statistics within a city: You can leave those pretty easily and a gun bought outside that city that isn't illegal suddenly is illegal when brought into the city. As such I think going by statistics by city and then making a claim like gun control doesn't work. Period. Is an odd claim.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"] I guess you were just asking a question I don't know what the murder rate would beMetalDogGear

I'm sorry. I'm just not getting it I haven't read the thread much or much into this situation and so maybe I've got some holes in my knowledge...

This thread is talking about the murder rate in Chicago. Murder rate is number of murders relative to population. Thus comparitavely that small town would have a considerably higher murder rate then Chicago, which is you just read something that just stated the town and the murder rate would sound pretty scary. The point is that just throwing around numbers with no context is meaningless.

MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MetalDogGear

worlock77

This thread is talking about the murder rate in Chicago. Murder rate is number of murders relative to population. Thus comparitavely that small town would have a considerably higher murder rate then Chicago, which is you just read something that just stated the town and the murder rate would sound pretty scary. The point is that just throwing around numbers with no context is meaningless.

That's what I kinda meant with my "Tc's statistics are meaningless" jab. But thank you for your explanation. I really do appreciate it. A lot of times people won't bother responding to you to help you out.
MetalDogGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MetalDogGear
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="MetalDogGear"] I'm sorry. I'm just not getting it I haven't read the thread much or much into this situation and so maybe I've got some holes in my knowledge...MetalDogGear

That's what I kinda meant with my "Tc's statistics are meaningless" jab. But thank you for your explanation. I really do appreciate it. A lot of times people won't bother responding to you to help you out.

Looking back, I actually said his stats were "False" Oh Man. That's my bad, sorry.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Singapore > America
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Singapore > AmericaLonelynight

Singapore > pretty much everyone else

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Singapore > AmericaLonelynight

dat red light

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]Singapore > AmericaTheFallenDemon

dat red light

geylang?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
You guys do realize that handgun ban in Chicago was struck down years ago, right?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 worlock77

You guys do realize that handgun ban in Chicago was struck down years ago, right?sSubZerOo

Man, why you gotta be bringing facts into this?

Steve3950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Steve3950
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

sonicare
You want high murder rates in smaller towns, try Flint and Saginaw, michigan. Lol, those are bad. But I dont think Chicago counts as the full 2.7 million. They probably refer to just the urban areas and not its surrounding. So the denominator may be smaller.

I live in Saginaw, and happen to live in an extremely nice, predominantly white area with almost zero crime, despite Saginaw constantly being touted as the most dangerous city in America. Like Chicago, it's worse in some areas and perfectly fine in others.
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

dayummm, didnt know Amsterdam was that high up. Though alot of people do get massacred there

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lonelynight

dayummm, didnt know Amsterdam was that high up. Though alot of people do get massacred there

Postal_Guy
it just shows you how fcked up the rest of the world is.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Trashy city with trashy people with a crappy football team and ugly girls.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 worlock77

Trashy city with trashy people with a crappy football team and ugly girls.DaBrainz

False, some people, but everywhere has them, true (I guess, don't care about football), and again, everywhere has them.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Love how DaBrainz, a Lions fan, always tries talking sh*t about the Bears :lol:
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#87 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

That's a lie. Chicago has a gun ban, nobody can be killed with a gun in a gun free zone.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 worlock77

That's a lie. Chicago has a gun ban, nobody can be killed with a gun in a gun free zone.

ristactionjakso

Actually this is a lie. Chicago does not have, and never has had, a gun ban. They require that all firearms be registered with the local police, they require a city gun permit. At one point they had effectively tried to ban handguns, but that law was struck down.

Avatar image for ThePoliteArtist
ThePoliteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ThePoliteArtist
Member since 2012 • 231 Posts

That's the **** I don't like.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Love how DaBrainz, a Lions fan, always tries talking sh*t about the Bears :lol:JML897
It's my duty to trash the Bears, Packers and Vikings and their respective cities any chance I get.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Why isn't America fixing Chicago? There's obviously some big issues there.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

worlock77

Actually this is a lie. Chicago does not have, and never has had, a gun ban. They require that all firearms be registered with the local police, they require a city gun permit. At one point they had effectively tried to ban handguns, but that law was struck down.

Anyway Chicago is proof that strict gun laws arent the answer. I dont know what the answer is but its obvious the laws arent working. Chicago should be the model of democratic left thinking the leftists have had control there for decades........haha
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

AdamPA1006

Anyway Chicago is proof that strict gun laws arent the answer. I dont know what the answer is but its obvious the laws arent working. Chicago should be the model of democratic left thinking the leftists have had control there for decades........haha

There are simply too many varibles to say that strict gun laws do or do not work. One can easily point at Chicago and say "look, gun laws don't work". And one can just as easily point to Japan and say "see, strict gun laws do work". The problem is that neither statement takes any other factors into account.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

There are simply too many varibles to say that strict gun laws do or do not work. One can easily point at Chicago and say "look, gun laws don't work". And one can just as easily point to Japan and say "see, strict gun laws do work". The problem is that neither statement takes any other factors into account.

Well it works in their situation, not in ours. The city is probably so infested with illegal firearms maybe the only was it to go repo them. They would go back to making their own flitlocks lol
Smatmat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Smatmat
Member since 2012 • 48 Posts
Ha. Well just stay out of the south side. I love chicago and feel very safe as long as I am surrounded by a majority white crowd. Northside chitown is the best metro area in the us.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Gotta love that gun control. It's really working wonders.

hartsickdiscipl

But the murder rate in Chicago was extremely high even before the gun control was implemented.

The rate should be falling significantly if the laws are worth a damn. The enforcement of existing laws has always been the issue.. not enacting more.

Chicago is one example that makes your point. But NYC has the toughest gun laws in the nation and has some of the lowest murder rates per capita in the nation. So maybe Chicago has bad leader ship

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-13/new-york-city-remains-safest-big-u-s-city-as-crime-drops-5-mayor-says.html

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Murder rate is largely gangs killing each other.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Gigantic gap between Amsterdam and Paris, considering the lower tier cities. Hmm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Fvck yeah, 1.7

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

No guidance,easy access to guns and too many gangs.Just look at this video I love the song but come on,how a 16 year old get those type of guns.No one cares either cause they think they're stupid gang bangers,these kids have potenial to change.