Assualt Rifles - Why do you USA citizens need them.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 King-Saddam
Member since 2008 • 548 Posts

Sure your 2nd ammendment garuntees you guns but doesn`t garuntee assualt rifles, they have no reasonable purpose except killing humans, I do not think any citizen need them.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Because it's an American thing to do.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
The second amendment doesn't guarantee guns...
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

You realize an assult riffle is just a normal rifle that happens to have a pistol grip and a magazine right? They aren't auto.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
People have hobbies.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

my guess is testosterone has something to do with it.

_Verm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Verm
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts
The second amendment doesn't guarantee guns...spazzx625
The right to bear arms is what the second ammendment is...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spazzx625
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]The second amendment doesn't guarantee guns..._Verm

I'm full aware, but right != guarantee.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.The 2nd Amendment
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
So people who aren't from the United States will freak out over it.
_Verm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Verm
[QUOTE="_Verm"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]The second amendment doesn't guarantee guns...spazzx625

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.The 2nd Amendment

A militia is composed of private citizens. its saying that the right to bear arms for the people shouldn't be infringed so they already have guns to join militias to protect their states.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts

Some people enjoy shooting and many even participate in shooting sports. Why do you have to question everything about American culture?

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts

We really don't. Some people like to exert their authority over animals, I guess.

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hot-Tamale

Some people enjoy shooting and many even participate in shooting sports. Why do you have to question everything about American culture?

Smoke89

Because he genuinely wants to clarify aspects of our culture. Ignorance is not bliss.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pirate700

[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="_Verm"] The right to bear arms is what the second ammendment is..._Verm

A militia is composed of private citizens. its saying that the right to bear arms for the people shouldn't be infringed so they already have guns to join militias to protect their states.

Exactly. The ONLY people the right isn't guaranteed to is felons which is understandable. You give up your 2nd amendment right then.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fidosim

We really don't. Some people like to exert their authority over animals, I guess.

Hot-Tamale
It's called hunting and population control. :lol:
King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 King-Saddam

You realize an assult riffle is just a normal rifle that happens to have a pistol grip and a magazine right? They aren't auto.

Pirate700

Yes I realize that and my point is you do not need a weapon that shoots multiple bullets. Regardless of it being full auto all assault rifles are semi auto or with the option of going full auto. Again why do you need one.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spazzx625
[QUOTE="_Verm"] A militia is composed of private citizens. its saying that the right to bear arms for the people shouldn't be infringed so they already have guns to join militias to protect their states.

Again...I am aware. Right does not equal guarantee...:|
Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hot-Tamale

[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

fidosim

It's called hunting and population control. :lol:

Exactly.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Smoke89"]

Hot-Tamale

Because he genuinely wants to clarify aspects of our culture. Ignorance is not bliss.

:roll: Ah so he told you personally what his reasons are. I guess he sent you a PM about it.

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hot-Tamale

[QUOTE="_Verm"] A militia is composed of private citizens. its saying that the right to bear arms for the people shouldn't be infringed so they already have guns to join militias to protect their states.spazzx625

...unless you're some Libertarian nutjob, of course.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

King-Saddam

Yes I realize that and my point is you do not need a weapon that shoots multiple bullets.

And with that, I'm out of here. That's the most rediculous thing I've heard in a long time. I mean, just wow.

_Verm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _Verm
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="_Verm"] A militia is composed of private citizens. its saying that the right to bear arms for the people shouldn't be infringed so they already have guns to join militias to protect their states.

The right of the people to bare arms is gaurenteed according to the constitution.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Smoke89

[QUOTE="Smoke89"]

Hot-Tamale

Like pirate said, I am glad he told you his innocent intentions of simply wanting to understand Americans more.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

Hot-Tamale

:roll: Ah so he told you personally what his reasons are. I guess he sent you a PM about it.

Don't be an ass. Asking these questions isn't hurting anyone.

:lol: Don't say what his reasons are like you know for sure.

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hot-Tamale

[QUOTE="King-Saddam"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

smtfs2113

Yes I realize that and my point is you do not need a weapon that shoots multiple bullets. Regardless of it being full auto all assault rifles are semi auto or with the option of going full auto. Again why do you need one.

What modern guns do you know of that don't shoot multiple bullets? DO you expect everone to walk around with single shot firearms? What good is that when it comes to self defense?

If you got shot once, would you still be staggering toward your shooter? I don't think so. Single-shot firearms get the job done, you don't need to butcher your assailant in a hail of gunfire.

King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 King-Saddam

[QUOTE="King-Saddam"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

smtfs2113

What modern guns do you know of that don't shoot multiple bullets? DO you expect everone to walk around with single shot firearms? What good is that when it comes to self defense?

Magazine less firearms. When did I target handguns which I suppose, self defense is one of its strong points.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fidosim
[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

[QUOTE="King-Saddam"]Yes I realize that and my point is you do not need a weapon that shoots multiple bullets. Regardless of it being full auto all assault rifles are semi auto or with the option of going full auto. Again why do you need one.

If you got shot once, would you still be staggering toward your shooter? I don't think so. Single-shot firearms get the job done, you don't need to butcher your assailant in a hail of gunfire.

One shot may kill or disable someone in a movie, but in real life there are many, many variables to such a situation.
TheZ3nMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheZ3nMan
Member since 2007 • 2658 Posts
We don't need them, and we don't have them. At least, no new ones.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Smoke89

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

[QUOTE="King-Saddam"]Yes I realize that and my point is you do not need a weapon that shoots multiple bullets. Regardless of it being full auto all assault rifles are semi auto or with the option of going full auto. Again why do you need one.

Hot-Tamale

FYI it is illegal for standard Civilians to own automatic weapons.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spazzx625
The right of the people to bare arms is gaurenteed according to the constitution. _Verm
You're missing my point...But whatever. In that vein, arms can be assault weapons, so US citizens are 'guaranteed' whatever arms they want...
King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 King-Saddam
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

One shot may kill or disable someone in a movie, but in real life there are many, many variables to such a situation.

I don't know about you but a 7.62 to the chest is putting you down. Again that is what pistols in my opinion are for. I doubt anyone prefers using a assault rifle over a handgun for self defense.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#36 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Because those people live in the 'hood. It's dangerous.
Rec-neps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rec-neps
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts

This is what I see everyday when I step outside Pic

This is what I can come across at any moment Pic 2

See why I would want a high powered rifle that can shoot many bullets?

King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 King-Saddam

[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

Smoke89

I am sure you have never shot a semi auto assault rifle. I have a Ak-74 and you can easily shoot a magazine very quickly with some experience.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fidosim

One shot may kill or disable someone in a movie, but in real life there are many, many variables to such a situation.King-Saddam
I don't know about you but a 7.62 to the chest is putting you down. Again that is what pistols in my opinion are for. I doubt anyone prefers using a assault rifle over a handgun for self defense.

Most people use handguns for self defence, and most people with assault rifles simply collect them or use them in a shooting range/hunting scenario. Having a handgun with only one bullet for self-defence is absurd.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#41 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Rec-neps
No but I see why you might think about moving.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

Hot-Tamale

i mean its not like you could miss the person (sarcasm) or hit him in a spot where he will keep on walking.

King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 King-Saddam

Rec-neps
I doubt a 5.56 ( what you americans prefer) is going to do anything to a 600+ bear.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Smoke89

[QUOTE="Smoke89"]

[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

King-Saddam

I am sure you have never shot a semi auto assault rifle. I have a Ak-74 and you can easily shoot a magazine very quickly with some experience.

How on earth is this realivant? They were talking about automatic..... Yes, I have shot an AK-47 and an AR-15. Thank you for paying attention :roll:

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hot-Tamale

[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

smtfs2113

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. A single shot MAY kill or disable the person being shot, but with the rounds civilians have, 80% of the time one shot won't do the job. And yes, If I got shot once by any normal civilian round in a non vital area(over 60% of the body) I would still be fighting.

I highly doubt that. I realize that the fight or flight mechanism would kick in, but in most cases I see a shot to the chest or leg good enough to put someone down. I'm curious, where do you get your statistics from?

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Smoke89

[QUOTE="smtfs2113"]

[QUOTE="Hot-Tamale"]

Hot-Tamale

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. A single shot MAY kill or disable the person being shot, but with the rounds civilians have, 80% of the time one shot won't do the job. And yes, If I got shot once by any normal civilian round in a non vital area(over 60% of the body) I would still be fighting.

I highly doubt that. I realize that the fight or flight mechanism would kick in, but in most cases I see a shot to the chest or leg good enough to put someone down. I'm curious, where do you get your statistics from?

Have you ever seen what a person with bullets in them is capable of? No, so don't act like you know what you are talking about.....

King-Saddam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 King-Saddam

[QUOTE="King-Saddam"][QUOTE="Smoke89"]

Smoke89

How on earth is this realivant? They were talking about automatic..... Yes, I have shot an AK-47 and an AR-15. Thank you for paying attention :roll:

My point is that it doesnt matter if its full auto or semi most assault rifles have high rpm. It does not matter if it is not full auto 10 shots in the chest on semi is relatively similar to 15 on auto.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Smoke89

[QUOTE="Smoke89"]

[QUOTE="King-Saddam"] I am sure you have never shot a semi auto assault rifle. I have a Ak-74 and you can easily shoot a magazine very quickly with some experience. King-Saddam

My point is that it doesnt matter if its full auto or semi most assault rifles have high rpm. It does not matter if it is not full auto 10 shots in the chest on semi is relatively similar to 15 on auto.

The difference is you have to pull the trigger every time, which depends on the operator. They were talking about why do we need guns that spray bullets at a person, when in reality it is simply how many times the trigger is pulled.