Anyone else lose some levels?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zlurodirom (776 posts) -

I lost 1.5 levels after the move to the new site (don't know if my point total dropped though). For those unaware your level can be found when you go your profile and click on "trophies".

I was under the impression GS was getting rid of the level system altogether anyways? Is that no longer the case? Anyone else lose levels?

#2 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

This site sucks now lol. What a horrible layout.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74009 posts) -

i lost 8%, hopefully they will update that

#4 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13354 posts) -

I lost a level and a few hundred posts.

I'm taking a wild guess here but I'd say most likely that they erased all the 'deleted' threads you may have posted in. I noticed on the old site if you made a post and the thread was deleted it didn't take away from your post count...there was probably a hidden board with all the deleted threads that finally got zeroed.

But that's just a guess.

#5 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

Yeah i loat one level. Don't they, however, said tht everyone will start from scratch?

#6 Posted by da_illest101 (7630 posts) -

Yeah I used to be level 50 now I'm 49

#7 Posted by Zlurodirom (776 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

I lost a level and a few hundred posts.

I'm taking a wild guess here but I'd say most likely that they erased all the 'deleted' threads you may have posted in. I noticed on the old site if you made a post and the thread was deleted it didn't take away from your post count...there was probably a hidden board with all the deleted threads that finally got zeroed.

But that's just a guess.

That makes sense. The "deleted" threads could also just have been marked invisible, and they were still around, and weren't transferred over when the site moved too.

#8 Posted by Ackad (3183 posts) -

I was over 5000+ posts at one time, but lost way too many posts. Seems like the mods and GS staff are ignoring this problem..

#9 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (28244 posts) -

I lost 2500+ posts.

#10 Edited by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

I didn't loose any post I dont think but I thought they were going to get rid of all that?

#11 Posted by Sidburn19 (4665 posts) -

Gamespot stopped tracking stats for bout 2 days before the the new site when live, that is why some users level may have dropped a small bit.

#12 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@Ackad: Because it's such an issue.

#13 Edited by johnd13 (7976 posts) -

I lost one level and about 300 posts. And I don't give a shit.

#14 Posted by TAMKFan (32860 posts) -

I lost about 40% on the level I was on (Level 65) and nearly 5000 posts.

#15 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

I lost about 50%. Is there any point to having levels now they're not displayed on the forums? Not that there was an assload of point in the first place...

#16 Posted by thegerg (15773 posts) -

I don't know and I don't care. Dumb shit like that is a gimmic. Who real cares about their "level" on a video game website?

#17 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Wait...we still have levels? Where?

#18 Edited by Ackad (3183 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

@Ackad: Because it's such an issue.

Shows the amount of support Mods/Staff have for the sake of the users. Great service I guess..

#19 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58226 posts) -

Took me over a year to move from level 63 to 64... I made it on the final day. And it counts for nothing. DAMN YOU GS.

#20 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152141 posts) -

Seem to be the same.

#21 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

@Pirate700 said:

Same, I don't see the level anywhere

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152141 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

@Pirate700 said:

In your trophy section.....hidden it is.

#23 Posted by Truf89 (4670 posts) -

@Pirate700: Go to your profile and click the Trophy tab.

#24 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

@Pirate700 said:

I see. Level 64 33%........... I have no idea what my level/percent was before the change.

#25 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@limpbizkit818 said:

@Pirate700 said:

Oh, don't really care enough to dig that deep. lol

#26 Edited by OmitName (727 posts) -

i read that the levels were outmoded. i dont remember what level i was at, or the amount of points i had. i think it was 'super bagman,' which doesnt ring well for me. it shows as blaster master now, which is perhaps 2nd worse among the names given to the old levels, but is still not as bad as bagman. the trophies room is a momento from the old ways. in the statement given, telling of the dissolving of the level system, it was declared that they would explore a future purpose for trophies. those extra titles under the name were cumbersome and weird any way. i dont care to be understood as a master of blasting or a super among bagmen.

bag.

#27 Posted by sukraj (23655 posts) -

I lost about 800 posts

#28 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@Sidburn19 said:

Gamespot stopped tracking stats for bout 2 days before the the new site when live, that is why some users level may have dropped a small bit.

More than 2 days. I was at 98% of level 71 (the longest level on the site) and it only has me saved at 89%

#29 Posted by BranKetra (49382 posts) -

I am level sixty again. Master Chief is a good title to have.

#30 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

Nope.I'm still on the same level.

#31 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17004 posts) -

You guys keep track of your level or post count?

#32 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (297 posts) -

I lost 2 levels and 314 posts after the new site launched.

#33 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Have not paid attention to my level in years so no clue.

#34 Posted by dave123321 (34303 posts) -

Get rid of levels

#35 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

Yes, i was lvl 33 and now i'm lvl 32, but i don't mind.

#36 Edited by iampenguin (396 posts) -

I went from level 8 to 3 and I have been on 3 since this new site and the level hasn't even changed by once percent since I've been here for like 5 days or so.

#37 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

there is no leveling system currently on this site, so it's impossible to level up :P

#38 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

Yep, lost 3 levels and 700 something posts. :(

#39 Posted by Allicrombie (25419 posts) -

I was at 67 with 1% now im back at 66, used to have 32k posts and change.

#40 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

I was at 67 with 1% now im back at 66, used to have 32k posts and change.

I can't call you a spammer now :(

#41 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19636 posts) -

I kept a screenshot of mine:

http://www.gamespot.com/images/1300-2321813

We will eventually be getting a new level system so no need to worry about the old one.

#42 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58226 posts) -
@jun_aka_pekto said:

You guys keep track of your level or post count?

GameSpot keeps track. I would've forgotten by now.

#43 Edited by super600 (30951 posts) -

My level dropped by one and I lost aboutt 500 posts and maybe more. I'm lucky I did not lose more than that.

#44 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36953 posts) -

Level and posts seem about the same

#45 Posted by RobotOpBuddy (65228 posts) -

Lost 93% of a level (62 0%->61 7%), over a months worth, and several thousand posts (not even really sure how many, but I had somewhere between 67k and 70k posts beforehand and normally only post a couple times a week at this point, haven't paid attention to it for quite some time) - probably over a years worth in recent times, not so much a few years back. I preferred the level name from 62 and I'm surprised % dropped quite so much as I only gain ~2% a day most days but I'm not really all that bothered.

That said, there's no level system now anyway, the trophies page is the only thing that even shows it, and that's just remnants from the old site that might be used to give a boost to people should they start up a new level system.

#46 Posted by gamerguru100 (10907 posts) -

I'm more bummed out that I lost 500 or so posts. I had over 10,000 pre-apocalypse, but now I have to post a couple hundred more times to reach it again! D: Someone call me the WHAAAAAmbulance, please. I think I'm gonna die. D:

#47 Posted by sukraj (23655 posts) -

I used to be level 63 but now i'm at 62.

#48 Posted by AtariKidX (6329 posts) -

I lost 1level.......i hope i will get this 1 level back....:(

#49 Posted by ferrari2001 (17204 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

You won't because the level system is being remade. Your old level will contribute points to the new level system but it will be completely different.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#50 Posted by AtariKidX (6329 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

@AtariKidX said:

You won't because the level system is being remade. Your old level will contribute points to the new level system but it will be completely different.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

................:(