• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RailroadBridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RailroadBridge
Member since 2010 • 250 Posts

I dont like Obama, I dont believe in this global warming BULL,I dont believe in same sex marriage, I dont believe in excessive welfare, I dont believe in abortions, I believe in gun ownership,I am a Republican, I believe that there is a God

The general consenses by the media would state that I am a self centered egotistical bigot. Apparently I am a not tolerant of other races and religions, although I meet new people every day and have some friends that fall into these categories. I am the type of person the media is trying to degrade, however I will stand up against them and stand for my beliefs.

So do you wanna be my friend?

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

not evil. just different. punishing them for who they are is evil.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Why don't you believe in global warming?

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

I dont like Obama, I dont believe in this global warming BULL,I dont believe in same sex marriage, I dont believe in excessive welfare, I dont believe in abortions,RailroadBridge

They kinda happen regardless of your beliefs

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts

Why don't you believe in global warming?

bloodling
Because he's chosen to ignore all evidence and has instead decided to base his opinion on nothing. What's wrong with that? Oh, wait. I think I see it now.
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

It means we have too many different opinions for me to like you. That's for damn sure.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
No. You're just another average man on this planet we call Earth. Btw, yea, sure I'll be your friend.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

not evil. just different. punishing them for who they are is evil.

T_REX305

Well having those beliefs means that one will get to vote about them if he/she is given the option. Maybe one cant call that "punishing" the groups of people due to that person's choices which negatively affect said groups but its definitely not a good thing.

Scr00I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Scr00I
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

Of course i will be your friend. Also, i do not think you are evil.

First_Descent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 First_Descent
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

I find you are the typical 50's man. You believe in the conservative govern pertaining to issues that are the same. I would not be a friend of yours because I really do have different views, especially global warming, and gay marriages. I don't believe in church and I find religion stupid. I think you are the people that want to stay in power because you are afraid of change. You want to keep the hegemonic ideologies of the past so that there is no change in the future. Without change, we will never grow and we haven't, especially based on years experience. The only way we have changed is due to people that are not like you. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that is just my view!

Also for welfare, I believe that if it helps one person or one family, than it was all worth it. I don't believe that people on welfare are lazy and useless, of course there are people who take advantage of the system, but you can't generalize on all of them.

flash_drive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flash_drive
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
How can one not believe in Abortion?
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
How can one not believe in Abortion?flash_drive
Religion differences, perhaps?
loft8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 loft8000
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

That doesnt make you evil, but it makes you seem rather smallminded.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I dont like Obama, I dont believe in this global warming BULL,I dont believe in same sex marriage, I dont believe in excessive welfare, I dont believe in abortions, I believe in gun ownership,I am a Republican, I believe that there is a GodRailroadBridge
While I disagree with almost everything you've typed here, I wouldn't call you evil (debatable concept anyway). I'd just say that you're a very typical conservative guy. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Sound like my old roommate. He made sure to call me an n-word lover and a reetard on a daily basis because I voted for Obama.
Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

I dont like Obama, I dont believe in this global warming BULL,I dont believe in same sex marriage, I dont believe in excessive welfare, I dont believe in abortions, I believe in gun ownership,I am a Republican, I believe that there is a God

The general consenses by the media would state that I am a self centered egotistical bigot. Apparently I am a not tolerant of other races and religions, although I meet new people every day and have some friends that fall into these categories. I am the type of person the media is trying to degrade, however I will stand up against them and stand for my beliefs.

RailroadBridge

▲ No thanks, I don't make friends with close minded people. ▲

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

[QUOTE="RailroadBridge"]

Loco_Live

Having different views does not mean he is close minded.
grounderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 grounderman
Member since 2010 • 341 Posts

rise again.

Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Metal_Mario99
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

If you're looking for friends here, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Most people here are raging hippies. Not me, of course, but most of the others.

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts
All I can say is....don't stop believin'.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

I think your opposition to same-sex marriage and your loyalty to a party who I disagree with on major moral issues to be ethically flawed. I don't think that makes you evil as a person. To be evil in my eyes, you have to commit actions so treasonous to a rational moral code that they overshadow any good you do. Honestly, I don't watch a lot of the mainstream media. I watch a lot of Fox News so I'm not familiar with what the media, outside of Fox News that is, says about conservatives.

I am a libertarian who is anti-tax, pro-life, for a separation of church and state that would make Jefferson frown, for same-sex marriage, for the death penalty, for abstinence-only education, skeptical of global warming, very antireligious, and doesn't believe in God. I would say that I'm not completely accepted by the conservative, liberal, or even some libertarian camps. It doesn't matter. You shouldn't be concerned about having people like you. You should be more concerned with being rational and within that rational mindset, being yourself.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

[QUOTE="RailroadBridge"]

Empirefrtw

Not necessarily.

You cant be certain that he called him close minded simply because he disagrees with him.

Or to put it better: you cant be sure that a person that is in disagreement with another isnt holding their beliefs due to close-mindedness.

First we'll have to hear the reasons why one hold said beliefs and doesnt change them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
How can one not believe in Abortion?flash_drive
I think he means he doesn't support abortion, which I totally get if you view the embryo as a living being.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

Your business, Cnut. Try not to herniate yourself if the tides don't roll back for you though. :P

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I belive your intitled to your opinion as much are others are intitled everything your opposed to. What people do with they're lives is none of my buisness or anyone elses. It's all about freedom the right to chose whats best for ones self. I find it funny that you oppose personal freedom but yet you support gun ownership.

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Empirefrtw

[QUOTE="Empirefrtw"][QUOTE="Loco_Live"]

Teenaged

Not necessarily.

You cant be certain that he called him close minded simply because he disagrees with him.

Then how did he? Unless there was something I missed he called him close minded because their views conflicted.
Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Metal_Mario99

I find it funny that you oppose personal freedom but yet you support gun ownership.

jdc6305

Maybe because gun ownership is in the Constitution, but killing your unborn baby isn't?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Empirefrtw"] Having different views does not mean he is close minded.Empirefrtw

Not necessarily.

Then how did he? Unless there was something I missed he called him close minded because their views conflicted.

I edited my post.

richsena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 richsena
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

RailroadBridge

Me and you, we could be friends =).

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts
[QUOTE="flash_drive"]How can one not believe in Abortion?l4dak47
Religion differences, perhaps?

I find that anti-abortion viewpoints generally arise from straight-up ethical viewpoints, not religious ones. Most religious texts don't mention abortion at all.

Instead, the difference comes from whether one believes the fetus constitutes a person at the time of the abortion. If it does, then it would effectively be murder. If it does not, then it would be personal rights issue.
Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Empirefrtw
[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Empirefrtw"]Not necessarily.

Empirefrtw

I edited my post.

Of course but I never said in my post that having different beliefs 100% doesn't mean he isn't close minded but only that differing view points doesn't always mean that the other person is close minded.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Evil? No. Self centered bigot? That's doesn't sound too far off.
Brozekial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Brozekial
Member since 2010 • 744 Posts
Definitely couldn't be friends. You're not evil, just misinformed and unwilling to learn. I believe in freedom. I believe that each person has the freedom to do exactly as they please, and it is the freedom of the people involved with said actions to do as they please. There are no rules to life, except that everything must eventually die. I don't like your close-mindedness and your refusal to submit to factual information (global warming IS real). To those of you debating on whether this guy is close-minded or not: how about explaining why someone would be loyal to a party, regardless of their political stances on issues? What kind of person would choose a side before even hearing the argument? And it seems, like millions and millions of other people, he has chosen his set of moral and political views based on stereotypical opinions about Republicans. Let me guess, your parents are Republican and so is the majority of your community? The media doesn't degrade you, you degrade you. Maybe you should read some books.
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jdc6305

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

I find it funny that you oppose personal freedom but yet you support gun ownership.

Metal_Mario99

Maybe because gun ownership is in the Constitution, but killing your unborn baby isn't?

I don't agree with abortion butwhat people do in ther're own lives is none of my buisness. Ibelive in the freedom of choice. Isnt that what democracy is about?I belive in order to protect freedom we have to protect the right to choose. I don't want the government to dictate to me what I should and shouldn't do. I'd like to think I can make those choices myself. Isn't that what freedoms about?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Empirefrtw"][QUOTE="Teenaged"] Then how did he? Unless there was something I missed he called him close minded because their views conflicted.Empirefrtw
I edited my post.

Of course but I never said in my post that having different beliefs 100% doesn't mean he isn't close minded but only that differing view points doesn't always mean that the other person is close minded.

Yeah I agree with that.

I wasnt sure what you meant; I just felt like pointing out what I... pointed out. :P

Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Metal_Mario99

[QUOTE="Metal_Mario99"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

jdc6305

I don't agree with abortion butwhat people do in ther're own lives is none of my buisness. Ibelive in the freedom of choice. Isnt that what democracy is about?I belive in order to protect freedom we have to protect the right to choose. I don't want the government to dictate to me what I should and shouldn't do. I'd like to think I can make those choices myself. Isn't that what freedoms about?

So, personal freedom includes the freedom to murder your unborn baby?

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

I think your opposition to same-sex marriage and your loyalty to a party who I disagree with on major moral issues to be ethically flawed. I don't think that makes you evil as a person. To be evil in my eyes, you have to commit actions so treasonous to a rational moral code that they overshadow any good you do. Honestly, I don't watch a lot of the mainstream media. I watch a lot of Fox News so I'm not familiar with what the media, outside of Fox News that is, says about conservatives.

I am a libertarian who is anti-tax, pro-life, for a separation of church and state that would make Jefferson frown, for same-sex marriage, for the death penalty, for abstinence-only education, skeptical of global warming, very antireligious, and doesn't believe in God. I would say that I'm not completely accepted by the conservative, liberal, or even some libertarian camps. It doesn't matter. You shouldn't be concerned about having people like you. You should be more concerned with being rational and within that rational mindset, being yourself.

Genetic_Code
Wow. Who the hell do you vote for? (or vote against which is what I do).
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I see nothing evil about you as long as you allow others to have different beliefs without badgering them
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
I don't think you're evil at all Also as long as your beliefs don't result in hateful behavior I don't even have a problem with them, even if they are quite different from my own.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#42 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I see nothing evil about you as long as you allow others to have different beliefs without badgering themtestfactor888

Then that means the debate threads we have here make the Mos Eisley Cantina look like the summer home of the Dalai Lama.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
[QUOTE="flash_drive"]How can one not believe in Abortion?Genetic_Code
I think he means he doesn't support abortion, which I totally get if you view the embryo as a living being.

I think the above poster was being a smartass, not that he didn't understand what the op meant by "I don't believe in abortions".
LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

RailroadBridge

Err, no.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

RailroadBridge

I agree with you. :P

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jdc6305

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

[QUOTE="Metal_Mario99"]

Metal_Mario99

Yeah why not I don't care what other people do. It'snot my buisness. That person has to live with they're descion not me. If theres an after life or a god they'll have to answer for it not me. Doesn't the bible say judgement is my says the lord.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#47 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I was fine with everything until you said you were a Republican. :P Actually, beliefs do not make people evil. It's how they use their beliefs that determine that.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
You're not evil.
Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Metal_Mario99

[QUOTE="Metal_Mario99"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]I don't agree with abortion butwhat people do in ther're own lives is none of my buisness. Ibelive in the freedom of choice. Isnt that what democracy is about?I belive in order to protect freedom we have to protect the right to choose. I don't want the government to dictate to me what I should and shouldn't do. I'd like to think I can make those choices myself. Isn't that what freedoms about?

jdc6305

Yeah why not I don't care what other people do. It'snot my buisness. That person has to live with they're descion not me. If theres an after life or a god they'll have to answer for it not me. Doesn't the bible say judgement is my says the lord.

So, there shouldn't be any laws at all, then? Everyone should be able to do whatever the hell they want without fear of consequence?

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
You don't believe in a lot of things that have been proven to exist. Things like same sex marriage, excessive welfare, and abortions all definitely exist.