Zelda Twilight Princess game sessions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

Okay here's my problem-

I am thirty, married and we have an 18 month old son and to boot I spend a lot of extra hours at my company.  SO, needless to say I have limited gaming time after family and work.

I have been gaming since the early 80's and have enjoyed every Zelda game I have played.  (never played a handheld zelda)  I'm debating on whether to purchase LoZTP, not b/c I'll be let down, but b/c I'm worried my lack of play time will actually take away from the experience.  My play time is sporadic, sometimes several times a week for a couple hours AT MOST to only once or twice a week for an hour or less.

In your opinion, will inconsistant and short play durations lessen the experience to the point of not enjoying the game?

Thanks!

~Snack

v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
i say get it anyway, i dont play it for weeks but when i start again i remember everything that happened before
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11937 Posts

Okay here's my problem-

I am thirty, married and we have an 18 month old son and to boot I spend a lot of extra hours at my company.  SO, needless to say I have limited gaming time after family and work.

I have been gaming since the early 80's and have enjoyed every Zelda game I have played.  (never played a handheld zelda)  I'm debating on whether to purchase LoZTP, not b/c I'll be let down, but b/c I'm worried my lack of play time will actually take away from the experience.  My play time is sporadic, sometimes several times a week for a couple hours AT MOST to only once or twice a week for an hour or less.

In your opinion, will inconsistant and short play durations lessen the experience to the point of not enjoying the game?

Thanks!

~Snack

snackdaddy
Your story is identicle to mine, with the exception of a child, and I am 31. I say buy it, the game is more broken up into specific quests than the other Zeldas. There is not as much of a free-roaming feel so you don't end up feeling disconnected from the game if you haven't played for awhile.
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 snackdaddy
[QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

Okay here's my problem-

Thanks!

~Snack

gatsbythepig

Your story is identicle to mine, with the exception of a child, and I am 31. I say buy it, the game is more broken up into specific quests than the other Zeldas. There is not as much of a free-roaming feel so you don't end up feeling disconnected from the game if you haven't played for awhile.

Awesome, that's good to hear.  Thanks guys!

urine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 urine72
Member since 2003 • 1043 Posts
[QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

Okay here's my problem-

Thanks!

~Snack

gatsbythepig

Haha, you have no time on your hands but you do have time for 2000+ post.... Just kidding.

geoffmehoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 geoffmehoff
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
your the same is me i have a family and a 3 year old in may and i only get a few hours of play time a night when the little ones in bed .. I suggust buying it i bought it the other day .You'll regret it later and wish that you did buy it
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 snackdaddy

your the same is me i have a family and a 3 year old in may and i only get a few hours of play time a night when the little ones in bed .. I suggust buying it i bought it the other day .You'll regret it later and wish that you did buy itgeoffmehoff

Good to see there are some other "older timers" out there.. :)

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
yeah it's great in just short bursts, complete a dungeon, do a little quest, i'd say 100% get
inertia3112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 inertia3112
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
i'm in the same boat,2 kids( baby and a toddler). I'm fitting in 1 and 2 hour bursts here and there, I'm enjoying it immensely, however it is a bit more difficult to remember some of the plot and cut-scene connections at times.
but my missus has already completed it and can answer any questions i have,lol.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

[QUOTE="geoffmehoff"]your the same is me i have a family and a 3 year old in may and i only get a few hours of play time a night when the little ones in bed .. I suggust buying it i bought it the other day .You'll regret it later and wish that you did buy itsnackdaddy

Good to see there are some other "older timers" out there.. :)

hahha... makes me wonder if i'll be playing games once i hit my 20's and 30's
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

but my missus has already completed it and can answer any questions i have,lol.
inertia3112

Now there's a lucky guy.  My wife likes to play Wii Bowling, and WarioWare, so she's not a total non-gamer, but a woman who plays and can beat Zelda, that's a rare gem.