Zelda tp- still best wii game

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

with the obvious exception of mario galaxy , i still find that zelda tp is the best possble game. i have a thrill with brawl and mario kart and metroid, and mario galaxy is still awesome.

i think, tho, that zelda is still the deapest , longest, and most developed game on the wii. anyone else agree

PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts
Even though TP was on the GC, it is still my favorite game on the Wii, then comes Metroid Prime, then Galaxy (in actual story mode) Brawl and Mario Kart are great multiplayer games.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
It's definately one of the best.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts
I don't think TP is the best Wii game for me. TP had me wait so long for another perfect Zelda, and it came to this near shovelware. The best games on the Wii would be the first party Metroid Prime 3 and the third party "non shovelware" Lego Indiana Jones.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.
Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts
Someone hasn't played Okami.....(i know its a PS2 original, but its still on the Wii just like TP was originally for the GC).
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.Haziqonfire

It has a tough time cracking the top 20

Even if we count it as a Gamecube game it's still outdone by WindWaker (plus a multitude of others)

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

TO HAZIQONFIRE- why wouldnt it be?!

TO ARKK_ANGEL- i have played okami, it is ok, but when i think of games for a system i dont consider ports as much as exclusives. okami was good, but i personally dont think as good as zelda tp.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
Too bad I don't like Zelda games.:(
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

ms555

He probably considers at least 10 Wii games to be more enjoyable than TP. :o

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 haziqonfire

ms555

Because it disappointed me and I literally had to push myself to finish the game. The tipping point was when I fought Zant.

I enjoyed Wind Waker, MM, OoT a lot more than TP. TP is the worst zelda game I've played.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="ms555"]

Haziqonfire

Because it disappointed me and I literally had to push myself to finish the game. The tipping point was when I fought Zant.

I enjoyed Wind Waker, MM, OoT a lot more than TP.TP is the worst zelda game I've played.

Amen to that.

I couldn't even finish it, I'm just glad that Phantom Hourglass was released quickly to get the taste out of my mouth.

I even tried to go back to it 2 weeks ago and couldn't

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Yeah,after No More Heroes,it's my favorite game on the Wii.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="ms555"]

Jaysonguy

I enjoyed Wind Waker, MM, OoT a lot more than TP.TP is the worst zelda game I've played.

Amen to that.

I couldn't even finish it, I'm just glad that Phantom Hourglass was released quickly to get the taste out of my mouth.

Yeah. I was bored and I wanted to replay it. I didn't get very far, I hate the waggle.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
[QUOTE="ms555"]

Haziqonfire

I enjoyed Wind Waker, MM, OoT a lot more than TP. TP is the worst zelda game I've played.

I agree. It was still good but very disappointing.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

TO ARKK_ANGEL- i have played okami, it is ok, but when i think of games for a system i dont consider ports as much as exclusives. okami was good, but i personally dont think as good as zelda tp.

ms555

You do realise TP was a port of the Gamecube version right?(Which is actually the one I prefer) Anyways Okami was one of the best games I ever played but, I didn't play the Wii version so, I can't comment on that.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
I was shocked by how deep Twilight Princess was and the amount that it had in it. I'm still taking my time going through the game and finishing it. Right now I'm trying to find the first piece of the Twilight Mirror which is a little mind-boggling. The Legend of Zelda is a game which definitely takes patience to beat if you don't know how to do something. Great game though.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

nope okami sadly beats it, as much as I love zelda, it's not the best one, and is clearly a GC game

okami may have been a ps2 game, and ported, but it was better porting, and far better fight mechanics

but even so, okami isn't the best wii game either, galaxy is, by far. then metroid prime 3, then okami

EDIT: actually there's games between prime 3 and okami

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
I can't explain why, but I hated that game.
Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="ms555"]

Jaysonguy

Amen to that.

I bought it, played it for 10 hours, then bought another game. RE4. Played RE4, then Mario Kart, then God of War II, then Final Fantasy X and after 4 months came back to Twilight Princess only to beat the game 2 months later. So it took me about 7-8 months to complete because TP didn't engage me too much.

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.Jaysonguy

Even if we count it as a Gamecube game it's still outdone by WindWaker (plus a multitude of others)

My thoughts exactly. Now that you brought up WW I might go play that again. :P

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Twilight Princess is definitely in my top 3 favorite Wii games. I've been a Zelda fan for a very long time, and quite honestly it's my favorite one to date. I don't know how anyone could NOT enjoy it, their loss I guess.
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
It was ok. A little too easy and way too much like every other zelda ever made. I felt like I had already played the game.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#24 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I disagree. I don't even think Twilight Princess is a Wii game, to me it feels like a Gamecube port. I think with the exception of Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, Brawl and Okami are better.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
3rd on my list. Which goes like this 1) Brawl 2) Galaxy 3) Twilight Princess 4) Super Paper Mario 5) Mario Kart Wii 6) Mercury Meltdown 7) Lostwinds 8 ) Wii Sports 9) Excite Truck 10) Mario Party 8 11) Wii Play 12) MySims 13) Red Steel
Avatar image for Rip_Van_WinkleX
Rip_Van_WinkleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rip_Van_WinkleX
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
I only went pasted the mountain area. INO I just hated the feel of the game and the wii controls were not satisfieing. I really should pick it up again on the gamecube when the price goes down. (Which will be a long time ^.^)
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Its in my top 3 behind Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.Jaysonguy

What games are you guys playing? Some secret Wii games no one else has heard of?

TP outclasses the Windwaker in so many ways. The Windwaker was unfinished, had less than half the dungeons in TP and had what should've been an unnecessary fetch quest that was poorly designed (drop the grappling hook in the water? yay).

Despite my "beef" with the Windwaker, I loved the game. But TP was so much more.

Each dungeon was flawlessly designed. The story telling actually had some effort put into it. The new items were great including the most epic boss battle ever via the spinning top.

Plus I got upwards of 45-50 hours out of it. How could someone not like this game?

No voice acting, no orchestrated music. Those are gripes about this game. But this was by far the most developed in terms of gameplay, great new elements such as finishing moves and other sequences (snowboarding?)

Finally, the Wiimote > then any other control scheme.

So if you two could enlighten me, why you think the TP doesn't belong in the top 10 wii games, or even the top 20.

Give me 10 wii games you'd put ahead of the masterpiece that is TP. I'll wait.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.sonic_spark

What games are you guys playing? Some secret Wii games no one else has heard of?

TP outclasses the Windwaker in so many ways. The Windwaker was unfinished, had less than half the dungeons in TP and had what should've been an unnecessary fetch quest that was poorly designed (drop the grappling hook in the water? yay).

Despite my "beef" with the Windwaker, I loved the game. But TP was so much more.

Each dungeon was flawlessly designed. The story telling actually had some effort put into it. The new items were great including the most epic boss battle ever via the spinning top.

Plus I got upwards of 45-50 hours out of it. How could someone not like this game?

No voice acting, no orchestrated music. Those are gripes about this game. But this was by far the most developed in terms of gameplay, great new elements such as finishing moves and other sequences (snowboarding?)

So if you two could enlighten me, why you think the TP doesn't belong in the top 10 wii games, or even the top 20.

A game that tries new ideas with success like Wind Waker will be prefered over Twilight Princess by many people. Get used to that.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#30 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts
Some parts were good, others (like the ending) weren't. Gannondorf should have stayed out, it seemed like he was tacked in. Zant could have made for an awesome final boss, but they turned him into a clown.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sonic_spark
[QUOTE="sonic_spark"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.Wintry_Flutist

A game that tries new ideas with success like Wind Waker will be prefered over Twilight Princess by many people. Get used to that.

That is completely understandable. But they speak as if TP is shovelware and Windwaker was the second coming. I hope to god there's a level of sarcasm somewhere in those posts.

I refuse to accept TP being considered less of a game in comparison to Rayman or Warioware. It's just not going to happen.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
i've never bought it but i played on gamecube for a month. It is maybe 5th best Wii game
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]:lol: Zelda TP isn't even in my top 10 Wii games.sonic_spark

How was Wind Waker unfinished? I played it and seemed pretty finished to me. And as stated before many times across these boards, quanity =/= quality. Who cares if TP has more dungeons than WW? The dungeons in WW were a lot more fun to play than the dungeons in TP. The dungeons in TP felt uninspired to me (except for the snow temple. That one I enjoyed),

And if I remember correctly, TP pretty much had it's own fetch quest too with the whole getting that girl's memory back (forgot her name. Shows how memorable the TP characters are). And it was a pretty boring quest too. At least you had to find the triforce maps to find out where to get the pieces in the first place. And by the late in the game, sailing shouldn't even be an issue and pulling up all the triforce pieces should take barely 10 minutes.

While I do agree that some of the new items were cool, (ball and chain for the win) they were all useless as soon as you left the dungeon where you got them. All except for the clawshoot which they actually used more then they should have and there was no reason what so ever that you should have gotten another one.

You consider snowboarding to be a great new element added to the game? It takes barely two minutes to get through the course and there's no reason to play it again after you get the heart piece. TP didn't really bring that many new and exciting ideas to the whole Zelda formula.

I'm not saying TP is a terrible game, it's just not that good when compared to other games in general.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wintry_Flutist

How was Wind Waker unfinished?

staindcoldlp

Dungeons were canned, specially the one where you would have gotten Nayru's pearl and the ones for the Triforce pieces. Just that would have leaded to more use of "co op dungeons" and such concepts that weren't explored to the fullest.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sonic_spark
[QUOTE="staindcoldlp"]

How was Wind Waker unfinished?

Wintry_Flutist

Dungeons were canned, specially the one where you would have gotten Nayru's pearl and the ones for the Triforce pieces. Just that would have leaded to more use of "co op dungeons" and such concepts that weren't explored to the fullest.

Agreed.

I dont' want anyone to get me wrong here, I loved every second of Windwaker. But, there was so much left to the imagination because it was unfinished.

And Tp's dungeons were all quality. I felt that for the first time in any Zelda, I actually had to use each item in each dungeon, at least once.

And if i'm not mistaken the fetch quest in TP was optional? And even if it wasn't, it was far less tedious to get it over with than finding the sea charts, then finding the triforce pieces.

I don't want to have a WW vs. TP debate, because each game was great in my opinion and obviously people are going to like different things. A good majority of Zelda fans wanted a classic OoT game, they got it and complained. They wanted that same game and got WW, got it, and complained. Zelda fans are the worst when it comes to appreciating their games.

My point though is that TP at the least stands shoulder to shoulder with its predecessors. But that's not the debate, the debate is whether it belongs amongst the elite Wii games. And at the very least in my opinion, it would be blasphemy not to consider it amongst the best titles this console has to offer.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

To all those saying at TP isn't in the top 10 or 20 Wii games, please list 10 or 20 games better than it.

I loved Wind Waker. It had a great art style and atmosphere but overall I like TP quite a bit better.

Ironskull13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ironskull13
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
Zelda TP was the first game i played on the wii exept for wii sports of coures and it was the best launch title ever it is one of the best games ever in my opinon exept for OoT.
Toon_Link87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 Toon_Link87
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
I loved Twilight Princess, in fact I'm replaying it agian. I like it a bit better than Windwaker, but I don't think its the best Wii game out there, but its one of my favorites.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
no, it was far better on the gamecube and games like brawl, galaxy are better
poolwatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 poolwatcher
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

OW IN THE HELL DID U GET 45-50 HOURS OUT OF THAT GAME????????????? Most zelda games take me about 20 hours but TP was soooo easy I beat it in 12!!!!!

I got more fun out of Dragon Ball Z budokai tenkaichi 3 than that!!!

DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts
Out of games I've played, it is my favorite Wii game. Now, I haven't played Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart Wii, Okami, or Boom Blox.
poolwatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 poolwatcher
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

I'm sorry for my ranting, I didn't realize u probably went to get all the bugs/poes/HPs. But TP is probably 4th out of 7 for me

1) DBZ BT3

2)Brawl

3)No More Heroes

4)TP

5)wii play

6)wii sports

7)Elebits

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wintry_Flutist

OW IN THE HELL DID U GET 45-50 HOURS OUT OF THAT GAME????????????? Most zelda games take me about 20 hours but TP was soooo easy I beat it in 12!!!!!

poolwatcher

No walkthrough, completing 100%, no rushing, and you're in for tens of hours of gameplay. For me, it took around 72-76 hours if I recall correctly.

skhellitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skhellitor
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
tp was an awsome game but no ninjabread man, all jokes aside its just a great game, people put to much purpose in time it took them to beat it, look at nmh great game didnt take long at all to beat it. tp is either hit or miss point blank either you loved it or you hated it, i personally liked it better than galaxy.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 haziqonfire

I refuse to accept TP being considered less of a game in comparison to Rayman or Warioware. It's just not going to happen.sonic_spark

When did Jayson or I ever say Rayman or WarioWare are better games?

Also, we never called it shovelware. Though, it's a game that if I never played it, I wouldn't care. It was a bad zelda game.

dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
[QUOTE="poolwatcher"]

Wintry_Flutist

No walkthrough, completing 100%, no rushing, and you're in for tens of hours of gameplay. For me, it took around 72-76 hours if I recall correctly.

To poolwatcher: How the **** did you complete it in 12 hrs? Did you follow a walkthrough word for word? Twilight Princess took me 50 hours, and I didn't even collect all of the golden bugs. I only referred to a walkthrough as a last resort, after being totally stumped for upwards of two hours.

Topic: I don't think TP is the best game on the Wii, but it was the best launch title. I'd rank it #4 after SMG, SSBB, and MP3.

Guntrix50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Guntrix50
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

i gave up half way through the game

Dungeons make me think too hard

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 haziqonfire

To all those saying at TP isn't in the top 10 or 20 Wii games, please list 10 or 20 games better than it.

I loved Wind Waker. It had a great art style and atmosphere but overall I like TP quite a bit better.

Rocky32189

-SSBB
-SMG
-Boom Blox
-RE4
-Okami
-Zack and Wiki
-Mario Kart Wii
-No More Heroes
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-Battalion Wars 2

If given the chance, I'd play all those titles before I'd play TP.

I'm not alone on this either. Just to give you an example, 3/4 people (me and my friends) didn't finish the game. I'm the only one out of my friends that finished it.

This doesn't mean its a bad game, just saying, people around me generally feel the same.

Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gregdawg08
Member since 2008 • 7384 Posts
Great game, and I 100% loved it. Favorite Wii game so far. I don't feel it deserves the hate it gets. If you people think there's 10-20 Wii games better than it, then you guys must be playing the wii years into the future. That said, the way some wii games are being made, 10 Wii games will not even come close to passing TP.