worth getting a 3DS now, or wait?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

I'm wondering if it is worth picking up a 3DS now or should I wait until they come out with more games or potentially announce a new design. Thoughts?

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
If the games interest you, get it. If they don't, wait until they do.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

If the games interest you, get it. If they don't, wait until they do.TankZorz

Best advice you could get.

Look at what games are out and comming out in the next few months and if you feel there are enough games that intrest you pick one up, if not wait.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

[QUOTE="TankZorz"]If the games interest you, get it. If they don't, wait until they do.KnightSkull

Look at what games are out and comming out in the next few months and if you feel there are enough games that intrest you pick one up, if not wait.

I am interested in zelda and mario kart right now, but that is about it for current releases. the Tales game coming out will interest me as well. Do either of you use the netflix app for it? How well does that function?

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

I have the netflix app but don't use it because my droid, tablet, laptop, and ps3 are all much better for watching shows.

*EDIT* Don't forget to consider the eshop games. There may be some games on there that you would enjoy.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

We don't get Netflix app over here in the UK so I can't help you with that.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Wait till the 3DS Lite....
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Wait till the 3DS Lite....MercenaryMafia
Do u really think they will make a lite? It's already small for my hands. I'd think an xl with 2nd joystick and bigger screen and battery would be better choice.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
[QUOTE="MercenaryMafia"]Wait till the 3DS Lite....AutoPilotOn
Do u really think they will make a lite? It's already small for my hands. I'd think an xl with 2nd joystick and bigger screen and battery would be better choice.

I think nintendo eventually will add a second circle pad and a better battery.
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

I'm presonally waiting for the inevitable redesign. That, and the games that are out now don't interest me very much. I'm waiting for Paper Mario.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Wait till the 3DS Lite....MercenaryMafia
That's still a far way off. There's really no point in waiting if you already have interest in a few titles now -- the price is reasonable and the content is there. I wouldn't hold back now since there are legitimate reasons for owning a 3DS now.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
[QUOTE="topher78714"]

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

If the games interest you, get it. If they don't, wait until they do.TankZorz

I am interested in zelda and mario kart right now, but that is about it for current releases. the Tales game coming out will interest me as well. Do either of you use the netflix app for it? How well does that function?

I use the Netflix app on occasion. Its boot-up takes a while, but after that it works fine. Then again, I have hi-speed internet, so if you have a lower speed, I can't vouch for the quality. But it serves its purpose fine. With games like RE: Revelations, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS, and Kid Icarus coming out (supposedly) within the next half year, and only Tales of the Abyss is all that interests you, that makes me shaky as to whether your taste goes in line with the 3DS's offerings. Are none of those other games or anything on the eShop/Virtual Console really uninteresting to you?
EMT0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EMT0
Member since 2012 • 73 Posts
My advice is to go for it. If you've ever appreciated racing games of any kind, Mario Kart 7 is simply amazing. I was expecting a rehash of Mario Kart DS but the game is so much more in just sheer entertainment value. The games that are going to come out and are already out just make it icing on the cake.
MarioMainic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MarioMainic
Member since 2006 • 10237 Posts

I dont want my mum and dad to find i bought 2 dsi's (black and white regular size) and Two dsi xl (2 origanal colours that came out in australia). and now Yes cause of the 3ds Price Drop im in panic mode if i should buy 1 with Mario Kart 7 and Tales of Abyss. I'm still trying make myself the Ds king

note allready i have 4 ds lites also well as those ds's now.

Panic Panic Panic what should i do i dont know what do please dont kill me i got so much to give!!

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Just get it.
pointguard3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pointguard3
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts
if zelda oot, star fox 64 3d, mario kart 7 and super mario 3dland interest you, then go for it!
MarioMainic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarioMainic
Member since 2006 • 10237 Posts

I now offically have a comsos black 3ds i only got mario kart 7 but i will get tales of abyss the dream last night insprired me to get the 3ds.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

NOW. NOW NOW NOW. OOT3D MARIO 3D LAND MK7 RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Get it, and buy the revision aswell.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Wait for the revision with a battery life that can actually be called a battery life and not pathetic life span.

I'd say the revision is not that far off; the system is selling well and a revision would sell even better, no doubt, especially since a lot of the better games are coming out by next year.

I don't see the point in buying a system twice when you can just be patient and expect the inevidable?

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

I dont want my mum and dad to find i bought 2 dsi's (black and white regular size) and Two dsi xl (2 origanal colours that came out in australia). and now Yes cause of the 3ds Price Drop im in panic mode if i should buy 1 with Mario Kart 7 and Tales of Abyss. I'm still trying make myself the Ds king

note allready i have 4 ds lites also well as those ds's now.

Panic Panic Panic what should i do i dont know what do please dont kill me i got so much to give!!

MarioMainic
What?