This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

So I'm looking into getting a DS but is it worth the extra money for a DSi? I don't care about the camera and thats all I really know thats different...

As Far as games go I'm looking into professor laton, the last Advance Wars, Definately the next Kingdom Hearts, and maybe Blood of Bahamut... But what else should I look into?

So far Professor Laton

Advance Wars days of ruin ( never played one but always wanted too cuz they look awesome)

Kingdom Hearts

Blood of Bahamut

Age orf Empires Mythology looks awesome is that good?

What about the world ends with you? anything to do with KH?

What else should I look into? interested in some puzzle games, like prof laton but nothing too insane... and of course i'm watching scribblenauts but whats out now?

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
The DSi has several advantages over the lite, such as clickier buttons bigger screens extra brightness level louder speakers SD slot, so you can play downloaded DSi exclusive games. TBH, I'm a little bored of my ds, but IMO the improvements are worth it, although you don't get a GBA slot.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]The DSi has several advantages over the lite, such as clickier buttons bigger screens extra brightness level louder speakers SD slot, so you can play downloaded DSi exclusive games. TBH, I'm a little bored of my ds, but IMO the improvements are worth it, although you don't get a GBA slot.

Oh okay so it makes quite a difference then I suppose... why bored of your DS? Surely your interested in the scribblenauts and KH game as well aren't you? BTW your cat video sig is wicked dude haha
Darkchaoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darkchaoss
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts
It depends. Other differences w/ the dsi include a different texture (matte, which doesn't get dirty with smudges) and the screen is slightly bigger. Same resolution though. They also got rid of the GBA slot 2, so if u wanted that you should stick with DS lite. IMO i like the DSI better and i think it's worth it, but it's up to you. I can say that Advance wars and kingdom hearts will most likely be worth it because i loved the two series and the sequels on the DS. Objectively, they're both more or the same tho. Nothing very special about them, but still fun. DSI is a huge RPG/Adventure console, so you should really look into them (Chrono Trigger, Zelda, The World Ends, pokemon, GTA, etc). Elite beat agents is also an interesting and fun music game, and of course you have the always-quality mario games (kart, New SMB, Yoshi's, etc) and my personal favs, castelvania. There's a lot more games, but these are the main ones. If you want to know more just ask.
Darkchaoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darkchaoss
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

Yeah definitely the feel of the DSI is much more comfortable and sleek. Most people seem to agree.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

The DSi has many features that make it superior to the DS Lite, but when your price cautious like me, these features are quickly shadowed.

menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 menosdemon
Member since 2009 • 518 Posts

go for the world ends with you. its pretty much kingdom hearts without the confusing storyline.

as far as those tactic games go, i think that age of empires isn't as good as ff tactics a2, or advance wars ds. dual strike is alot better than days of ruin btw. professor layton was actually pretty good, and the second is coming out in about a month.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

As a fan of the puzzle genre, Professor Layton is a top-notch series. If you're looking into other puzzle games, you may want to try out Henry Hatsworth and Meteos(an all time favorite). I'm just getting back into the DS scene, so I'm there with you. :)

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

Call me crazy, but I think the company's website may have some info on their products. It would be best to look there first. I personally love my DSi and there isn't a thing in the world you can do to get me to go back to a Lite or a Phat model(both of which I've had).

As far as games are concerned, I really can't suggest anything. Lately I've mostly been playing my DSiWare titles and Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
It wounds me to hear someone saying the DSi is merely a DS Lite with a slapped on camera :( The DSi is slightly longer, thinner and lighter than the Lite. The buttons are better (in my opinion) than the Lite and the screen is bigger and brighter. The sound quality is much better in games but not that good when playing music (except when you plug in earphones, then it sounds just like any other music player). The stylus is a bit longer and there are DSi exclusive games that you can download off the DSi Shop. In my opinion, I honestly think it's worth it. The only thing I don't really like about the DSi is the short battery life and the low brightness settings seem darker than the DS Lite's. The bright settings on the DSi are brighter than the DS Lite's but it will drain a lot of battery life. It's not all bad though, the DSi only charges for 1 and a half hours and then it's done while the DS Lite takes longer.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

get a DSi, you will regret getting a DSL after the first DSi exclusive game comes out :). As long as its a better game then DSiware :P.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I'd prefer DSL but go with what your mind tells you to go.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

As a fan of the puzzle genre, Professor Layton is a top-notch series. If you're looking into other puzzle games, you may want to try out Henry Hatsworth and Meteos(an all time favorite). I'm just getting back into the DS scene, so I'm there with you. :)

AstralDrmz

Yes, yes. The second Layton is coming out soon so you might as well go and get the first!

The DSi is worth it. And everyone will be wanting one when that flipnote thing comes out. You might want to wait until Christmas and hope for more colors but if you don't care... meh.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="Kenny789"]It wounds me to hear someone saying the DSi is merely a DS Lite with a slapped on camera :( The DSi is slightly longer, thinner and lighter than the Lite. The buttons are better (in my opinion) than the Lite and the screen is bigger and brighter. The sound quality is much better in games but not that good when playing music (except when you plug in earphones, then it sounds just like any other music player). The stylus is a bit longer and there are DSi exclusive games that you can download off the DSi Shop. In my opinion, I honestly think it's worth it. The only thing I don't really like about the DSi is the short battery life and the low brightness settings seem darker than the DS Lite's. The bright settings on the DSi are brighter than the DS Lite's but it will drain a lot of battery life. It's not all bad though, the DSi only charges for 1 and a half hours and then it's done while the DS Lite takes longer.

didn't mean anything by it. Have to forgive me I really have no clue or at least had no clue about it.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XxAnubisxX

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"]

Yoweeh

Yes, yes. The second Layton is coming out soon so you might as well go and get the first!

The DSi is worth it. And everyone will be wanting one when that flipnote thing comes out. You might want to wait until Christmas and hope for more colors but if you don't care... meh.

Flipnote? whats that? More colors huh? Eh think I'll probably just get the black personally. can't ever regret getting black since it always looks conservative right :)?
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="Kenny789"]It wounds me to hear someone saying the DSi is merely a DS Lite with a slapped on camera :( The DSi is slightly longer, thinner and lighter than the Lite. The buttons are better (in my opinion) than the Lite and the screen is bigger and brighter. The sound quality is much better in games but not that good when playing music (except when you plug in earphones, then it sounds just like any other music player). The stylus is a bit longer and there are DSi exclusive games that you can download off the DSi Shop. In my opinion, I honestly think it's worth it. The only thing I don't really like about the DSi is the short battery life and the low brightness settings seem darker than the DS Lite's. The bright settings on the DSi are brighter than the DS Lite's but it will drain a lot of battery life. It's not all bad though, the DSi only charges for 1 and a half hours and then it's done while the DS Lite takes longer.

didn't mean anything by it. Have to forgive me I really have no clue or at least had no clue about it.

No it's alright :) I just hope I helped you decide which DS to get :P You can't go wrong with either but I think it's worth the extra for the DSi.
BzPwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BzPwns
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts

The DSi is worth the money just for the extra features over the DS Lite.